Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th April 2019, 14:01   #3061
Senior - BHPian

Re: Maruti Baleno : Official Review

Following the introduction of BS-VI-compliant petrol engines, prices of the Maruti Suzuki Baleno diesel and RS variants have been increased by roughly Rs 12,000-20,000.

The price hike for the Maruti Suzuki Baleno diesel is in the range of roughly Rs 12,000-20,000 depending on the variant, while the Baleno RS’ price has gone up by Rs 13,000. This is a general price revision and creates some breathing space for the DualJet Smart Hybrid variants, which, priced at Rs 7.25 lakh (Delta) and Rs 7.86 lakh (Zeta), were just between Rs 7,000-14,000 shy of the corresponding diesel variants.

https://www.autocarindia.com/car-new...e-hiked-412485
Old 10th May 2019, 21:09   #3062
Senior - BHPian

We brought home our Nexa blue, Alpha CVT yesterday. This is the updated BS6 version, had booked the car at Magic Nexa, Dwarka and the dealership experience was great, right from booking to delivery. The experience was way better than TR Sawhney where i had earlier booked and had to cancel, more on that later.

Just got the tyres swapped to Michelin XM2, i have no judgements over stock Alnac’s but ever since we put the Michelin PS3 on our 320D, i am in love with their rubber. Some posts about Alnac's sidewall issues and i just swapped them off, the XM2 is in our market for a long time and has positive reviews.

This being our out n out city car, don’t think i would be going for any other mods. Have covered 240 kms and the initial impressions are good. Peppy engine, nice steering, chiller air con, nicely tuned suspension, oodles of space and the led projectors look/function very nicely. The smartplay studio is also very fluid to use. Some pictures we clicked.

Maruti Baleno : Official Review-0b63e15994b540379bde59ac2ca03158.jpg

Maruti Baleno : Official Review-5d425cd4f7b7459d9e391a73f1dc68df.jpg

Maruti Baleno : Official Review-00048fd061634c68bed9bb821a82770d.jpg

Maruti Baleno : Official Review-60bc246f57514c46ac284882b7cb2dd3.jpg

Maruti Baleno : Official Review-img_9035.jpg

Maruti Baleno : Official Review-img_9052.jpg
coolboy007 is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 25th May 2019, 15:12   #3063
BHPian

Has anyone got to drive the Dualjet motor in the Baleno and if so what is the feedback please?

I could not find any test drive reviews of this motor.
Old 26th May 2019, 15:33   #3064
BHPian

Can anyone comment on the auto folding mirrors of the car in the facelift and whether it can be retrofitted from the dealership level?

Is it software enabled or some sort of relay like what is available after market?
Old 26th May 2019, 16:34   #3065
BHPian

My trusted SA tells me that the facelifted Baleno has a thicker gauge sheet metal. Apparently Maruti has warned SAs during the training that customers might complain of slightly lower FE and that they have to be educated about thicker metal gauge and consequent increase in weight. Can anyone who has compared the older and newer cars confirm this?
Old 26th May 2019, 17:46   #3066
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Added_flavor View Post
My trusted SA tells me that the facelifted Baleno has a thicker gauge sheet metal.
I don't think so. I have PDF brochures of old (2015) and facelifted Baleno and their weight is 100% same (Petrol MT - 865-890 kg, Diesel - 960-985 kg).

Last edited by mukeshgoel : 26th May 2019 at 17:47.
Old 29th May 2019, 12:08   #3067
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prodigy07 View Post
Got bored of the gun metal finish of the RS front grill on my Zeta CVT.
Got the rear boot lid spoiler painted in Piano Black

Chrome Delete - 90% complete.

Only the door handles are pending.

Maruti Baleno : Official Review-baleno-rear-look.jpg

Last edited by ampere : 1st June 2019 at 17:27. Reason: Formatted
Prodigy07 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 1st June 2019, 16:57   #3068

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolboy007 View Post
Just got the tyres swapped to Michelin XM2, i have no judgements over stock Alnac’s but ever since we put the Michelin PS3 on our 320D, i am in love with their rubber. Some posts about Alnac's sidewall issues and i just swapped them off, the XM2 is in our market for a long time and has positive reviews.
My Baleno Zeta is being delivered next week and I'm thinking of switching to the Michelin XM2 just like you. How much buyback value can I expect to get for the brand Apollo tires on the Baleno?
Old 1st June 2019, 18:24   #3069

Hello all, I'm taking delivery of a Baleno Zeta MT this week. During my PDI at the Maruti stockyard last week, I was unable to determine if the engine was BS IV or BS VI. The only information I have is:
1. The person at the stockyard told me that only BS VI Balenos were manufactured in May 2019, and that my RC would state BS VI.
2. As per the VIN, the vehicle was manufactured in May 2019.
3. There was no indication anywhere on the chassis or engine about it being BS VI.
4. The RTO paperwork just went through today. I just checked on Vahan and it says
Quote:
Emission norms: BHARAT STAGE IV/VI
Can I assume this is a BS VI engine?

(p.s. Mods, apologies for the second post in same thread. I was unable to edit the previous post.)
Old 2nd June 2019, 07:46   #3070
BHPian

An ode to the Air Conditioner of my Baleno Alpha CVT - the way it's handling Mumbai's summer is outstanding - especially when compared to my Polo GT TSI.

I couldn't put it below 22 degrees for more than 5 minutes, and am usually leaving it at 24.5 or 25 - still feels like a fridge inside. I guess those UV cut windows contribute greatly to enhanced coolness. Even my Accord was not like this.
d_himan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd June 2019, 11:23   #3071
Distinguished - BHPian

Maruti Suzuki Baleno races past competition, grabs 27 % of market share in its segment and crosses 6 lakh sales in just 44 months - What an achievement!

Maruti Baleno : Official Review-1.jpg
volkman10 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 3rd June 2019, 14:52   #3072
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooksBrothers View Post
My Baleno Zeta is being delivered next week and I'm thinking of switching to the Michelin XM2 just like you. How much buyback value can I expect to get for the brand Apollo tires on the Baleno?
Am sorry, would not be able to help with that. I got the tyres changed at my friend's shop and have not yet even paid the difference amount to him. The difference should be significant as the Apollo's dont command a great buyback and the XM2's are one of the most expensive in their group.
Have completed 1000 kms now and the XM2's are worth every penny, really silent and smooth like Michelin's are. The dry grip is also very nice, threw the car around some corners and they have not squealed yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooksBrothers View Post
Hello all, I'm taking delivery of a Baleno Zeta MT this week. During my PDI at the Maruti stockyard last week, I was unable to determine if the engine was BS IV or BS VI. The only information I
Don't worry, they would not lie to you, Maruti dealers are very transparent with such things. My car was April manufactured and its a BS6 model, have not got the RC yet but the invoice clearly mentions its a BS6 model.

Quote:
Originally Posted by d_himan View Post
An ode to the Air Conditioner of my Baleno Alpha CVT - the way it's handling Mumbai's summer is outstanding - especially when compared to my Polo GT TSI.
+1, Mumbai is still very kind when it comes to summer. In Delhi's sweltering heat of 46 degrees, the air con is doing a stellar job of keeping the cabin chilled. The ac unit is at par with Ford's and lightyears ahead of our Vento's unit. Am sure, the uv cut glasses do help a lot in cutting out the heat.
Old 3rd June 2019, 20:45   #3073
BANNED

Maruti Suzuki Baleno Crosses 6 Lakh Sales Milestone In Record Time.

Maruti Suzuki Baleno took just 44 months to reach this milestone with over 27% market share in A2+ segment; comes with 2 petrol and 1 Diesel engine.

Source
Old 6th June 2019, 11:06   #3074
Senior - BHPian

Baleno is boringly reliable, and I mean it in a good way. This thread is a testimony to that, as we hardly see any issues being discussed.

My car has completed 3 years and 22k and the only issue that has cropped up is windscreen sprayer not working ( Probably bitten by rat ).
Maruti has been honest to accept faults and improve this car, eg : Suspension replacement, steering rod replacement.

The car is so good, that even if Maruti builds a Baleno out of paper tomorrow people will still queue up to buy it

Not sure if Glanza is free advertising for Baleno , would be interesting to see how many are sold.Toyota should target Non-NEXA cities where they will have a better chance of selling GLANZA.
silverado is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 6th June 2019, 11:32   #3075
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverado View Post
Baleno is boringly reliable, and I mean it in a good way.
Those are my words . Unless it is hit by something or it hit something, it's such a pleasure to drive Baleno. Those who drive with light foot and / or maintain in 70-90 kmph range will enjoy it a lot.
kskthere is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks