Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th October 2019, 23:35   #3166
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Maruti Baleno : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjacob View Post
My Baleno Zeta has an unpleasant smell in the cabin, it smells like dried urine would during the summers. No, we don't have infants in the family. Checked everything, mats and carpet for anything foul getting left from an erring passenger's footwear, engine bay for carcasses, rotten food crumbs, nothing. I'm guessing it is the air-conditioner, anyone else had or have a similar problem?
Get the pollen filter checked and changed if necessary. Also get the AC ducts cleaned thoroughly. Spraying 3M AC disinfectant through the vents could also be a good option post all of this just to keep the vents clean from mould and fungus formation.

Alternatively, as a stop gap measure, run the air con on heater mode at full blast and see if the smell subsides. If it does, it's mould formation I the AC ducts.

Last edited by vishy76 : 25th October 2019 at 23:37.
vishy76 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 30th October 2019, 13:11   #3167
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudhirdamo View Post
Update:

Overall, thanks to Sai service.. Maruti lost me, I will never buy another car from them or sai service
Hi,

A close friend is also looking to buy the Baleno. Nearest dealer is Nexa Lower Parel. Can you tell how much total discount was offered ?? And total cost on-road if you dont mind.
Old 5th November 2019, 16:21   #3168

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArnabOnTheRoad View Post
Buggy ICE - Bluetooth in my New Baleno 2019 Zeta Petrol

I would like to know if anyone else has noticed this and if there is a solution. I have seen two distinct bugs in the way the ICE handles my phone

1. Phone numbers of contacts added as quick dial favourites go missing from the console. So, I can only dial through the phone or through the voice command. I have removed the phone from the Bluetooth list and paired the phone again - same problem.

2. If I dial from my phone or through voice command, I have to manually switch (on the phone) to Bluetooth speaker mode. The Bluetooth connected ICE doesn't pick it up. This is very distracting while driving.

Both these bugs defeat the basic concept of safety behind driving a 'connected car'. Can someone advice a way out?

Do note:
* there is only one phone paired on my car
* The phone is an ASUS Zenfone Pro (Android). I do not face the same problems when I pair my phone to a much older Ford Ecosport
Seems like this is a unique problem that I am facing. I wish there was a more generic issue that had a known resolution
Old 11th November 2019, 11:52   #3169
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjacob View Post
My Baleno Zeta has an unpleasant smell in the cabin, it smells like dried urine would during the summers.
Its possible some rat must be entering the AC duct and keeping his stuff in it. It has happened with my neighbours swift dzire when it was idle for few days during rains.
silverado is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 16th November 2019, 11:38   #3170
Senior - BHPian

My car has done just 25k in 3 years, Its a ZETA Petrol.Clutch has started feeling bit hard and there is some juddering in 1st gear.
My SA had told me to get it replaced. Was surprised that I would need to replace it so early. Most of my driving was on Expressway and hence the surprise.

Last edited by silverado : 16th November 2019 at 11:40.
Old 18th November 2019, 13:10   #3171

Is your car still in warranty? If yes, better to get it replaced isn't it.

That said, really surprising that the clutch may have started to give up so early. Did you have any flooding incidents etc?
Old 21st November 2019, 11:43   #3172
BANNED

Maruti Suzuki sold over 6.5 lakh Baleno in 4 years

Quote:
New Delhi: Maruti Suzuki has sold more than 6.5 lakh Baleno premium hatchbacks in four years, since the launch of the model in India, informed the automaker in a release on Thursday. Sold through the Nexa premium dealership network, the premium hatchback was introduced in India in October 2015 and competes with rivals like Volkswagen Polo, Hyundai Elite i20. The car received Idle Start-Stop (ISS) and power regeneration technology in January 2019. Maruti Suzuki also claims the car is the first BS-VI compliant model in its segment.

Commenting on the fourth year benchmark of the Baleno, Shashank Srivastava, Executive Director, Marketing & Sales, Maruti Suzuki India Limited, said, “Baleno since inception has been a leader. Retailed from our premium channel NEXA, Baleno attracted a new set of customers to Maruti Suzuki family. Baleno is the perfect choice for those looking for a premium hatchback."

He also added, "Continuous alignment with our customer’s expectations and desires along with periodic technological upgrades has kept Baleno ahead of the curve. It has been our constant endeavour through the years to introduce new technology and add attractive features to make the Baleno the most aspired for a hatchback in the market.”
Source: ET Auto
Old 21st November 2019, 19:00   #3173
BHPian

Official Press Release by Maruti Suzuki India Limited :

Maruti Suzuki NEXA’s premium hatchback Baleno celebrates its 4th year anniversary with over 6.5 lakhs happy customers.

Launched in October 2015 and a true symbol of ‘Make in India,’ the premium hatchback Baleno has enjoyed unparalleled leadership in its segment.

Customers are delighted upon driving the Baleno owing to its unique Liquid Flow Design, Best in class cabin, cutting edge technology features packed with class-leading safety.

Aligning to its customer demands, new Baleno with the Next Generation Smart Hybrid technology was introduced in January 2019 offering Idle Start Stop (ISS) and power re-generation.

Baleno is also country’s first BS6 compliant premium hatchback.

Commenting on the 4th year benchmark, Mr. Shashank Srivastava, Executive Director, Marketing & Sales, Maruti Suzuki India Limited, said “Baleno since inception has been a leader. Retailed from our premium channel NEXA, Baleno attracted new set of customers to Maruti Suzuki family.

Baleno is the perfect choice for those looking for a premium hatchback. Continuous alignment with our customer’s expectations and desires along with periodic technological upgrades has kept Baleno ahead of the curve.

It has been our constant endeavour through the years to introduce new technology and add attractive features to make the Baleno the most aspired for hatchback in the market.”

Built on NEXA’s values of Create and Inspire, Baleno is the fastest premium hatchback to reach the 6-lakh milestone in the country. Customers can buy Baleno from over 360 NEXA showrooms in more than 200 cities and towns across India.

Baleno with bold looks and unique liquid flow design has redefined the premium compact segment.

It comes with technologically advanced features such as new 17.78 cm Smartplay infotainment system, multi information display and the option of CVT transmission.

Its class-leading comfort and driving pleasure with high safety standards makes Baleno, the most preferred choice among new age customers.

Link :

https://www.marutisuzuki.com/corpora...hted-customers

While it’s interesting that Tata Motors released a teaser Video of its upcoming premium hatchback Altroz yesterday .

But, with in 24 hour they released it full Tvc today usually marketing teams wait to create a buzz 🐝 seems its Baleno 6.5 Lakh unit sales Affect

In October 2019 ,Baleno nearest rival Hyundai i20 registered its highest monthly volumes since launch at 14,683 units ,while Baleno Sold 16,237 units

Baleno was launched in October 2015 deliveries commenced in Nov ,thus averaging around 13,500 sales since its deliveries commenced.

Next in line to achieve milestone of 5 Lakh units by end of 2019, will be Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza whose current sales stand at 4,82,982 since it’s launch from March 2016 till October 2019

Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza requires 17,108 units to cross 5 lakh unit sales that too as a Diesel only variant ,Ags was launched in May 2018 only.

Msil can create a buzz as was done by Mahindra when they released Thar700, they can also have 5th Lakh vehicle unit as Last Diesel Variant of Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza isn’t It

( Note : Sale figures have been compiled from www.Autopunditz.com )
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti Baleno : Official Review-8cd0b91cf1c54383a2298776cb91506b.jpeg  

Maruti Baleno : Official Review-63b14043c5734c7a812d14dbe5a9524c.jpeg  

Old 22nd November 2019, 11:50   #3174
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by haribabu View Post
Is your car still in warranty? If yes, better to get it replaced isn't it.

That said, really surprising that the clutch may have started to give up so early. Did you have any flooding incidents etc?
Car is in extended warranty, but clutch does not come under warranty.
They say its wear and tear part and I will need to pay.

No, don't get me wrong. It feels little hard and is not giving any issues, but SA told me its better to replace.

Yes I was expecting it to last for atleast 40-50k, no flooding incidents for my car.
silverado is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 24th November 2019, 01:25   #3175
sbm
BHPian

Re: Clutch noise in Baleno Zeta 1.2

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbm View Post
Hello all. This is my first post at teambhp so pardon me for any errors. I am facing an issue in my Baleno Zeta 1.2 having odo reading of 30k kms. When I release the accelerator in second or third gear from 2k rpm. I could hear a noise coming from the left side of engine compartment and higher resistance is felt during coasting down compared to earlier. Its like a low pitch grunting noise. Then at a certain point around the idle rpm a jerk occurs and the resistance is gone. Also a clicking sound can be heard from the gearbox every time accelerator is pushed and released.The issue is only in 2nd and 3rd gears. Similar problem occured at 10k kms but at that time the noise came even in the 5th gear and it was more pronounced.At that time, the clutch plate was changed under warranty. The clutch does not shows any signs of wear. Anyone having any experience in this regard?
Hello everyone. This is a followup to my quoted post. I consulted with MASS and outside mechanic and the only solution I was suggested was to replace the clutch plate. So I decided to give it some time and try to reproduce the sound and find its source. I noticed that this sound was coming only when the ac was on and engine was running in low power i.e. at low rpms and deccelarating. If I switched off the Ac the sound was reduced to very minimal. I also tried a friends Baleno Delta 1.2 and the sound was there in that car also. So here is what I think is happening. The AC compressor draws power from the engine. When the engine is running at high rpm there is enough power to feed the compressor but when the rpm is low while cruising down in higher gear at moderate or low speeds the engine could not produce enough power for the compressor therefore the compressor makes this noise and additional drag is felt. A point to note here is that in my car if the car is standstill and ac is running, every time the compressor starts there is this dip in the rpm and similar ( but not exactly same) noise coming from the compressor. This fact also helped me to come to the above conclusion. I now think that this noise is harmless and is a trait of the car.Also about the clutch plate I got changed at 10k kms, I think if my current conclusion is correct and this noise is coming from the Ac compressor and not the clutch plate, then at 10k kms it was actually the clutch plate which was faullty and this time it may be due to normal aging of the car.
Please add your comments.
Old 4th December 2019, 19:58   #3176
Senior - BHPian

How do we activate/use the fast tag that came attached with the Baleno?
Old 4th December 2019, 20:22   #3177
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluevolt View Post
How do we activate/use the fast tag that came attached with the Baleno?
I believe you are referring to the RFID tag attached to the windscreen. OEMs use these RFID tags for tracking the vehicles which are manufactured in their factory. They store all relevant vehicle information in that chip.

This tag can't be used as Fastags. You will have to purchase a separate one for Fastag application.

Last edited by ashis89 : 4th December 2019 at 20:27.
ashis89 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th December 2019, 20:25   #3178
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashis89 View Post
I believe you are referring to the RFID tag attached to the windscreen. OEMs use these RFID tags for tracking the vehicles which are manufactured in their factory. They can't be used as Fastags. You will have to purchase a separate one.
Oh! My bad. All these days I was feeling happy that one of my cars already have a fast tag and I just need to activate it.

Will go for a new one then. Thanks.
bluevolt is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th December 2019, 13:19   #3179
sbm
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverado View Post
My car has done just 25k in 3 years, Its a ZETA Petrol.Clutch has started feeling bit hard and there is some juddering in 1st gear.
My SA had told me to get it replaced. Was surprised that I would need to replace it so early. Most of my driving was on Expressway and hence the surprise.
My baleno zeta petrol has 30k on the odo. I am also facing the problem of juddering in 1st and 2nd gear. There is no other sign of clutch wear. I think you should neglect this until there is some actual sign of clutch wear and keep running.
Old 6th December 2019, 09:02   #3180
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbm View Post
My baleno zeta petrol has 30k on the odo. I am also facing the problem of juddering in 1st and 2nd gear. There is no other sign of clutch wear. I think you should neglect this until there is some actual sign of clutch wear and keep running.
Thanks, juddering only in 1st gear but bite is good and hence I am not worried as of now. Mine is 26k on odo.
Lets wait and watch.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks