Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th December 2019, 11:02   #3211
BHPian

Re: Maruti Baleno : Official Review

Replaced stock Apollos due to deteriorating ride quality/few punctures and Installed 205/55 R16 Michelin Primacy ST4s in my Alpha CVT. Obviously way better everything. Importantly, did not notice sluggishness in city commuting. Must say the 205s suit the fat rear well.
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti Baleno : Official Review-img20191225162746.jpg  

Maruti Baleno : Official Review-img20191225165014.jpg  

d_himan is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 29th December 2019, 14:04   #3212
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.maverick View Post
I have a Toyota Glanza G Hybrid variant and its performance is pretty good. Mileage is also very good - am getting around 18 in Bangalore traffic. The gearing is pretty tall but i have never found a lag. The performance seems to taper off beyond 100 kmph.
Whoa! 18kmpl on a petrol that too in Bangalore traffic seems quite impressive! I cant manage that in chennai traffic much less with a diesel engine
Old 31st December 2019, 11:03   #3213
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhinav_2502 View Post
Can anyone comment on the auto folding mirrors of the car in the facelift and whether it can be retrofitted from the dealership level?
Is it software enabled or some sort of relay like what is available aftermarket?
I spoke to my service person a few months earlier. He said that the BCM (or ECU, unable to recall) are different for the original and facelift models. This part is responsible for the auto-folding, hence it is not a simple plug-and-play. Since my car is under extended warranty, I haven't had the courage to do anything in the aftermarket.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oxy View Post
CVT owners - how often do you change the transmission fluid? My vehicle is due for the 20k kms service so I am wondering if I should be getting it done now.
Did you get your fluid changed? I am unable to find any details of when to change the CVT fluid in the user manual, even though it has details of the manual transmission. My service person is keen on changing in the 3rd year/30000 kilometres service (due in June 2020) but has been unable to provide any documentation supporting his claim.

To all pre-facelift Alpha/RS owners: Please check your headlights for condensation, report to the service centre and make them note it even if the condensation is very minor. This may help in future replacements out of goodwill even if the vehicle is out of warranty. I have been seeing marks on the inside of both my headlights since approximately six months into the ownership. I was at the service centre recently and saw all Alpha/RS models (3-4 cars, of various ages) having condensation in their headlights, barring one RS which was a few days old. I had spoken to my service person and he said that unless the condensation is in the area of illumination, Maruti will be denying the warranty claim. After some insistence (including politely questioning the relevance of extended warranty which the salesperson had earlier pushed for so adamantly if there are such clauses ), he finally raised a complaint with Maruti to replace both of my headlights under warranty. Each side costs an eye-popping ₹ 20000 excluding the bulbs . I am yet to receive the parts but will post an update after some usage with the new headlights.
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti Baleno : Official Review-whatsapp-image-20191231-10.35.02-am.jpeg  

Researcher is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2020, 10:07   #3214
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Q View Post
I have added a few accessories and alloys (the CIAZ alloys are a beauty) and it didn't get too pricey.
Ciaz alloys look good. The stock alloys on the initial Baleno's were bad looking and the facelift ones are even worse. Whats the price of the 17" Ciaz Alloys? Even the Momo alloys enhance the look of the Baleno.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gannu_1 View Post
Might just be me but the front grill on the base variant looks so much better than the 'toothed' one on the other variants.
It's the best looking grill among all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karthik Chandra View Post
Baleno gets 1.4 ltr petrol engine...
Has anyone done the 1.2 to 1.4 conversion? I heard it's a simple mod. But hold on, the Ciaz come with the 1.5 version of this engine. Maybe a 1.2 to 1.5 conversion will be better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by subhro1988 View Post
I was quite surprised to see that the Baleno, which is a Nexa product, is also being sold with T-permit.
Come to Goa. The Baleno is become a popular choice for Taxis. I think it will soon replace the Wagon R as the most popular car for Taxis.
pedrolourenco is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2020, 17:15   #3215
Senior - BHPian

Bought the Maruti Suzuki Baleno Sigma variant in Pearl Phoenix Red color, December 2019 manufactured, delivered on 01-01-2020 which will also be the registration date, for 5.80 Lacs on-road Delhi. Exchanged my 2010 i10 for 1.15L+ 0.15 exchange bonus, net paid 4.50 Lacs. Attached high end JVC Kenwood KW-M740BT with Android Auto and Apple Car Play with 2 USB ports for 19,500 (MRP 26,500/-), 6 speakers from Pioneer (6000/-), Reverse Camera (1000/-) and Autocop Central Locking (2500/-). Also got about 6,500 worth of original Nexa accessories free including wheel caps, mud flaps, carpet mats, rear chrome strip and body side moulding. Great Deal, I would say...

Maruti Baleno : Official Review-baleno-delivery-01012020_1.jpg

Maruti Baleno : Official Review-baleno-delivery-01012020_2.jpg

Maruti Baleno : Official Review-jvc-kwm740bt-installed-baleno-02012020_3.jpg

Android Auto and Mirror Link works perfectly as does Navigation with Google Maps.

Maruti Baleno : Official Review-jvc-kwm740bt-installed-baleno-02012020_4.jpg

Maruti Baleno : Official Review-jvc-kwm740bt-installed-baleno-02012020_8.jpg

Maruti Baleno : Official Review-jvc-kwm740bt-installed-baleno-02012020_9.jpg

Cheers...

Last edited by dkaile : 3rd January 2020 at 17:19.
dkaile is online now   (10) Thanks
Old 5th January 2020, 01:06   #3216
sbm
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by d_himan View Post
Replaced stock Apollos due to deteriorating ride quality/few punctures and Installed 205/55 R16 Michelin Primacy ST4s in my Alpha CVT. Obviously way better everything. Importantly, did not notice sluggishness in city commuting. Must say the 205s suit the fat rear well.
I believe the original tyres are 195/55. Did the fatter tyres fit well on the original rim? Also, the wall of the tyre looks higher that the original tyre in the pic. Is it really so?
Old 5th January 2020, 07:45   #3217
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbm View Post
I believe the original tyres are 195/55. Did the fatter tyres fit well on the original rim? Also, the wall of the tyre looks higher that the original tyre in the pic. Is it really so?
Within 2% error, the sidewalls are a wee bit higher and fill out the ugly wheel well gap quite decently. Perfect fit on the rims. Feels stock, no rubbing on the fenders either on u-turns or bad potholes.
d_himan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th January 2020, 11:49   #3218
BHPian

My 2015 Baleno delta started to develop rust last year. I dropped an email to Maruti and today received a call from Shivam Autozone Nexa Andheri that they will send somebody over to inspect my car and repair it under goodwill.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-...ml#post4725000

Small things which go a long way in making the ownership experience very pleasant.
puneetakhouri is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th January 2020, 20:45   #3219
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkaile View Post
Bought the Maruti Suzuki Baleno Sigma variant in Pearl Phoenix Red color,
Congratulations. It's the version with the best looking grill. Don't you feel that the Delta would be a better choice. You would have got Auto Climate Control, Tachometer, All 4 power windows, Central Locking and Rear Wiper.

Quote:
Attached high end JVC Kenwood KW-M740BT with Android Auto and Apple Car Play with 2 USB ports for 19,500 (MRP 26,500/-), 6 speakers from Pioneer (6000/-),
Nice deal.

Quote:
Reverse Camera (1000/-)
Is it fitted on the bumper or below the glass like the Alpha Variant?

[quote]Autocop Central Locking (2500/-).
Did the car come with central locking (without remote)?

Quote:
Also got about 6,500 worth of original Nexa accessories free including wheel caps, mud flaps, carpet mats, rear chrome strip and body side moulding. Great Deal, I would say..
Wheel caps look odd on silver wheels. Paint the wheels black like the Delta.
Old 6th January 2020, 21:07   #3220
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pedrolourenco View Post
Congratulations. It's the version with the best looking grill. Don't you feel that the Delta would be a better choice. You would have got Auto Climate Control, Tachometer, All 4 power windows, Central Locking and Rear Wiper.

Nice deal.

Is it fitted on the bumper or below the glass like the Alpha Variant?

Did the car come with central locking (without remote)?

Wheel caps look odd on silver wheels. Paint the wheels black like the Delta.
Thanks. But at 80-90k extra for Delta, it did not make sense to me. And as the quality of ICE system and how it sounded was very important to me, the stock system sounds quite puny in comparison. This one has more features than even the one on the top variant which costs nearly 1.5 lacs more. The twin usb's are a boon to simultaneously connect your phone with android auto (or apple car play) for navigation and music on usb drive. The sound quality, total harmonic distortion, frequency response and dynamic range is up there with the very best, which in fact was more important to me. Also as this is not my primary car, the higher variant made even less sense to me. And I hardly miss the features you mention which for me are not essentials in my book.

This comes with front two power windows which are sufficient for my needs and comes with key based central locking for all 5 doors and a OE central locking button included with the power windows. Just the remotes was added on by Autocop which are in fact OE suppliers afaik.

The reverse camera is added on the license plate light without any holes drilling with a special aftermarket light cover and works very well. This system also comes with a additional GPS antenna which gives auto time synchronisation via gps and pinpoint accuracy with all GPS based apps.

Finally I like the silver wheels and that is basically a personal choice.

Cheers...
dkaile is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 6th January 2020, 23:12   #3221
BHPian

Folks, do we have any long term Baleno CVT reviews? Has the gearbox been reliable? Also how does the car hold up say 5 yrs down the line?

Thanks.
Old 7th January 2020, 11:44   #3222
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Researcher View Post
To all pre-facelift Alpha/RS owners:[/b] Please check your headlights for condensation, report to the service centre and make them note it even if the condensation is very minor.
Thanks, my car has had condensation since long and it is on RHS headlight only,I have been lazy to approach Maruti. Although I have mailed NEXA regarding it at 3 year point but got no response. Will visit the service centre soon.

I hope they give me Alpha headlights
silverado is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th January 2020, 12:15   #3223
BHPian

Back after a brief sojourn -

After having done a cosmetic makeover on my Zeta CVT, I wanted the car to sound a little sporty. No, I wasn't expecting too much from a CVT.

So, I have got a universal Magnaflow End can.

The vehicle is currently at 46K kms and I'm planning to get the transmission oil replaced at 50K kms.

Synopsis of modifications done till date:

a) Complete Baleno RS exterior (Front and Rear bumper including side skirts and running board and painted front grill)
b) 90% Chrome delete
c) Momo Revenge Concave alloys shod on Continental MC5 205/55 R16
d) Front Coil Springs from Baleno RS
e) Smoked Headlights with Philips Ultinon H4 LEDs
f) Parking bulbs and Number plate bulbs with Osram LEDs
g) Universal Magnaflow End can
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti Baleno : Official Review-rear.jpg  

Maruti Baleno : Official Review-magnaflow.jpg  

Maruti Baleno : Official Review-front.jpg  

Last edited by Prodigy07 : 7th January 2020 at 12:33. Reason: Adding more details
Prodigy07 is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 8th January 2020, 16:45   #3224
sbm
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prodigy07 View Post
e) Smoked Headlights with Philips Ultinon H4 LEDs
How is the performance of Ultinon Leds on Baleno's reflectors. Had a discussion on teambhp about these Leds but couldn't get any Baleno specific feedback. General feedback about these Leds is that they are good for low beam but high beam is weak when used in reflector setup.

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 8th January 2020 at 18:20. Reason: Please quote only relevant bits of posts while responding.
Old 9th January 2020, 12:19   #3225
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverado View Post
Thanks, my car has had condensation since long and it is on RHS headlight only
Did visit service centre. They took many videos, removed the existing fogging and sprayed lot of water all this with headlights on.

I have been told to wait for 4-5 days, I hope I do get a replacement.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prodigy07 View Post
After having done a cosmetic makeover on my Zeta CVT, I wanted the car to sound a little sporty. So, I have got a universal Magnaflow End can.
Very well done Sir , I keenly follow all your modifications and hence am interested to know about Magnaflow end can. Do enlighten us about its sound and price. Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks