Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th January 2020, 19:10   #3226
BHPian

Re: Maruti Baleno : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbm View Post
How is the performance of Ultinon Leds on Baleno's reflectors. Had a discussion on teambhp about these Leds but couldn't get any Baleno specific feedback. General feedback about these Leds is that they are good for low beam but high beam is weak when used in reflector setup.
Yes, Low Beam is excellent, but high beam is little weak though. But, I have H11 LEDs on the fogs. So, I haven't faced any issues during highway drives.

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverado View Post

Very well done Sir , I keenly follow all your modifications and hence am interested to know about Magnaflow end can. Do enlighten us about its sound and price. Thanks
Thanks Silverado. Regarding the Magnaflow end can, I tried the below setups and finally settled with the 1st setup for the time being.

a) Replaced the smaller tail end muffler with Magnaflow. Between 1K - 2.5K rpm, there's no difference except for very little bass. This setup has nice bass ONLY post 3K RPM.
b) Removed the centre bigger muffler and fixed with a SS straight pipe. This setup is LOUD and had a very bad drone noise. I was not happy with the Boy racer setup.

Price of the muffler - 8K (got it from UK)
Fixing charges - 2K

I shall post a video sometime next week.
Prodigy07 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th January 2020, 19:52   #3227
sbm
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prodigy07 View Post
Yes, Low Beam is excellent, but high beam is little weak though. But, I have H11 LEDs on the fogs. So, I haven't faced any issues during highway drives..
Thanks Prodigy07. If its not too much to ask, can you please post a pic of your high beam and low beam.
Old 10th January 2020, 20:06   #3228
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinbie2019 View Post
Any feedback on performance of dualjet hybrid performance compared to the regular 1.2 L engine? Is it true that dualjet gears are tuned tall for mileage? Like to know how it performs in city traffic? Is it still peppy to drive in city? I'm very interested in Toyota Glanza G Hybrid, given that it undercuts Baleno by Rs 65,000
Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.maverick View Post
I have a Toyota Glanza G Hybrid variant and its performance is pretty good. Mileage is also very good - am getting around 18 in Bangalore traffic. The gearing is pretty tall but i have never found a lag. The performance seems to taper off beyond 100 kmph.
Very little information is available on the net regarding this engine and real world reviews in India. Even I wanted to know if it's worth the extra money in the long run. My sister will be finalising either the Glanza or Baleno soon.

https://autoportal.com/articles/suzu...ined-2048.html

Old 12th January 2020, 22:50   #3229
BHPian

Maruti Baleno : Official Review-img_20200112_184212_2.jpg

Maruti Baleno : Official Review-img_20200112_184238.jpg

Parents had taken the car to Tirupathi with a driver. The car was parked on the side of the road in an intersection. A bus trying to take a turn touched the car. ( The bus stopped as soon as it touched the car) but the above damage has happened. What is the best way to fix this? Thanks!
Old 15th January 2020, 12:25   #3230
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Satishtv View Post
Parents had taken the car to Tirupathi with a driver. The car was parked on the side of the road in an intersection. A bus trying to take a turn touched the car. ( The bus stopped as soon as it touched the car) but the above damage has happened. What is the best way to fix this? Thanks!
I would suggest you to just get a minor touch-up to cover the scratches and not be bothered by the minor dents if it is not fouling with the door. As long as there is no major damage, it preferably does not make financial sense to do a major denting and painting work on the surface. Also try doing these cosmetic works outside the authorised service center but at a place with qualified technicians.
Researcher is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th January 2020, 14:05   #3231
Oxy
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Researcher View Post
Did you get your fluid changed? I am unable to find any details of when to change the CVT fluid in the user manual, even though it has details of the manual transmission. My service person is keen on changing in the 3rd year/30000 kilometres service (due in June 2020) but has been unable to provide any documentation supporting his claim.
Apologies for the late reply. It looks like even the service folks don't have a clue when to change the transmission fluid for the automatic car. When I asked for it to be changed, I got a clueless response saying it is not needed until 1,40,000 kms. This applies for the manual variant is my guess.

I just did my third service and it was not changed. I was assured there will be no problems. I will make sure I get it changed in the fourth service.

Even the owner's manual does not have any mention of when the transmission fluid is supposed to be changed.
Oxy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th January 2020, 16:17   #3232
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oxy View Post
When I asked for it to be changed, I got a clueless response saying it is not needed until 1,40,000 kms. This applies for the manual variant is my guess.
For manual variants, the gear oil needs to be changed at 40,000kms for a Maruti as far as I know. For my Honda City the gear oil change is mentioned at every 60,000kms. There should be a mention in the manual about the transmission fluid change.
Old 23rd January 2020, 01:34   #3233
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavi View Post
For manual variants, the gear oil needs to be changed at 40,000kms for a Maruti as far as I know. For my Honda City the gear oil change is mentioned at every 60,000kms. There should be a mention in the manual about the transmission fluid change.
The 40k interval was for older models. They have switched to 1.6 Lac kms/10 years interval and that has been the case for quite some time.

Regards,
Shashi
Leoshashi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd January 2020, 10:42   #3234
BHPian

Guys, asking again, for long term users, how has the car aged? Also for CVT users, any reliability issues ?
Old 27th January 2020, 23:38   #3235
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leoshashi View Post
A friend spotted these "Export model spec" alloys on display at a NEXA showroom. No idea about the part number or price, but should be in the range of 7k per alloy IMO.

Attachment 1595052

Regards,
Shashi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prodigy07 View Post
I have seen the same set of alloys on a Baleno Zeta in my office parking.

Let me check with that guy on Monday.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Naren View Post
These alloys look much much better. I have sent the pic to Accessory guy. Will update, if he replies with details
Any update on these alloys? The alloys on the current Baleno are even worse than the pre-facelift model.
Are the Ciaz alloys a direct fit on the Baleno?
Old 27th January 2020, 23:55   #3236
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pedrolourenco View Post
Any update on these alloys? The alloys on the current Baleno are even worse than the pre-facelift model.
Are the Ciaz alloys a direct fit on the Baleno?
Yes the Ciaz alloys are direct fit on the Baleno.

I had also given part numbers of the export spec in this very thread. Link: https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offic...ml#post4322064 (Maruti Baleno : Official Review)
Leoshashi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th January 2020, 09:49   #3237

Hi all,

Has anyone changed the air filter for the Baleno petrol to the stock replacement filter by BMC or K&N? If so any gains in performance, change in Induction sound?
Old 28th January 2020, 14:15   #3238
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KC105 View Post
Hi all,

Has anyone changed the air filter for the Baleno petrol to the stock replacement filter by BMC or K&N? If so any gains in performance, change in Induction sound?
Dr. Naren has done this. He has posted about it in this thread as well as his ownership thread.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offic...eview-169.html (Maruti Baleno : Official Review)
pedrolourenco is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th January 2020, 06:29   #3239
sbm
BHPian

Hello guys. I am facing a strange issue on my Baleno Zeta 1.2. The headlights dim when pressings the accelerator pedal while the car is moving and brightens up when its released. The change in brightness is significant enough to be noticed. I have got the battery and alternator checked and both seem to be fine.
Old 30th January 2020, 07:09   #3240
BHPian

Reminds me of my Activa. Have you upgraded the bulbs without use of relay?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks