Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th March 2020, 15:30   #3271
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Maruti Baleno : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by RM Motorsports View Post
Suzuki has revealed a more rugged-looking version of the Baleno, called the Baleno Cross, for select international markets.
I tried to find a lot. But where's the "rugged" in it?
Reinhard is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th March 2020, 15:40   #3272
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post
I tried to find a lot. But where's the "rugged" in it?
They must be referring to the roof carrier I think.
Old 20th March 2020, 13:38   #3273
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sachin V.W. View Post
Hello friends,

I have couple of queries.

1. For Alpha owners, do you think the thickness of the steering wheel is alright ? Though its factory fitted leather wrapped, I still feel it is very thin compare to
2. Which are the good floor mats available ? I have seen some options online for 7D mats and they look good. Are they easy to install, maintain and clean ?
Yes thickness is alright for my hands.

Do not put in another cover over factory fitted cover since the feel is really good with factory cover. I have seen people owing Zeta\Alpha put a cheap accessory cover sold by nexa over existing cover ( They didnt know their came with factory fitted cover! ).

Lots of 3D mats available, its best to see them in person before buying.
silverado is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th March 2020, 14:39   #3274
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverado View Post
Yes thickness is alright for my hands.

Do not put in another cover over factory fitted cover since the feel is really good with factory cover. I have seen people owing Zeta\Alpha put a cheap accessory cover sold by nexa over existing cover ( They didnt know their came with factory fitted cover! ).

Lots of 3D mats available, its best to see them in person before buying.
Thank you silverado.

You are right. The feel is awesome and after driving for 2 months, I think I will get used to its thickness now in some days more.

Yes. I will not buy mats online as I'm not sure of its fitting. I will try to find good one either at Pune or Mumbai.

Thanks once again.
Old 22nd March 2020, 13:05   #3275
BHPian

Query to fellow Baleno users,

Is it possible to fit the LED fog lights of the XL6 in the new Baleno? The color difference the beautiful LED HL and the stock fog is little annoying, isn't?

This is the part number and the boodmo link to the stock XL6 LED fogs. If they match wouldn't it be a plug and play job? 35500M72S00
vaisakhr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2020, 14:06   #3276
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vaisakhr View Post

Is it possible to fit the LED fog lights of the XL6 in the new Baleno? The color difference the beautiful LED HL and the stock fog is little annoying, isn't?

This is the part number and the boodmo link to the stock XL6 LED fogs. If they match wouldn't it be a plug and play job? 35500M72S00
I had inquired the Nexa guys to fit fog lights in the new Baleno Sigma and they had confirmed to me that they were costlier because they were indeed LED ones. JFYI

Cheers...
dkaile is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 24th March 2020, 09:42   #3277
BHPian

Quote:

I second that. All white light set up will indeed look beautiful on this car.

What is the cost of this LED fog lamps of XL6 ?
Old 24th March 2020, 12:26   #3278
BHPian

Quote:
I second that. All white light set up will indeed look beautiful on this car.

What is the cost of this LED fog lamps of XL6 ?

As per boodmo it costs 2.5k

https://boodmo.com/catalog/part-lamp...lamp-50647245/
vaisakhr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th March 2020, 12:32   #3279
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
The lamp has the same H8 socket as the halogen bulb. Hence it would be a direct swap without needing any change to the wiring.
audioholic is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 24th March 2020, 14:40   #3280
BHPian

Quote:
Thank you very much. That sounds reasonable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
The lamp has the same H8 socket as the halogen bulb. Hence it would be a direct swap without needing any change to the wiring.
Thanks a lot for info. I think I will go for it during my second servicing.
Old 13th April 2020, 00:36   #3281
Senior - BHPian

My Alpha CVT is about to complete 1 year now and is near the 5000 kms mark. One of the major reasons i had bought this car for - hassle free has really been the forte as most other Maruti Suzuki cars. It has its fair share of disadvantages like thin sheet metal, cvt blunting the acceleration, unsure crash worthiness but on other factors, the car has come out really well.

The engine is a gem, its really refined and loves to revv, the handling is safe and predictable, steering is well weighted, stellar aircon, nice set of features and can comfortably seat 4 adults. This car replaced our Vento which had tired me with its long list of recurring issues and pathetic VW support, in comparison the Baleno has had zero niggles so far and keeps doing its job silently (no rattles so far). The automatic is butter smooth and such a boon in Delhi traffic, FE is at a solid 14-15 in Delhi traffic and gave me 18-19 on the highways.

The interiors like seat covers, leather on the steering etc have been holding good for now and no rattles so far.

Had taken the car to Dalhousie and Dharamkot which is at an elevation of 2100m, could not take the bimmer since the roads were in a pathetic condition, Baleno went over everything with ease and comfort, the Michelin XM2 complement the refined engine well.
Maruti really listens to customer complaints well, i had complained of poor washing in the 6 month check and i got multiple apology calls/mails from dealer and proper follow up from Maruti. This car is here to stay with me for a long long time.

Attaching some snaps of the Dalhousie trip and a quick wash+wax i did a couple of days back to pass time and burn some calories during this lockdown.
Maruti Baleno : Official Review-img_9551.jpg

Maruti Baleno : Official Review-img_9568.jpg

Maruti Baleno : Official Review-img_9576.jpg

Maruti Baleno : Official Review-173aa8c13e784b29932df9f9a6918dc8.jpg

Maruti Baleno : Official Review-img_1442.jpg

Maruti Baleno : Official Review-img_1444.jpg

Maruti Baleno : Official Review-img_1445.jpg
coolboy007 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 13th April 2020, 09:15   #3282
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolboy007 View Post
The engine is a gem, its really refined and loves to revv, the handling is safe and predictable, steering is well weighted, stellar aircon, nice set of features and can comfortably seat 4 adults. This car replaced our Vento which had tired me with its long list of recurring issues and pathetic VW support, in comparison the Baleno has had zero niggles so far and keeps doing its job silently (no rattles so far). The automatic is butter smooth and such a boon in Delhi traffic, FE is at a solid 14-15 in Delhi traffic and gave me 18-19 on the highways.
Really love this Nexa blue colour on the Baleno, I have to say. I have owned the K12 engine for seven years and close to 60,000 kms on my previous car, the Swift VXI, and there is really very little to fault it with when it comes to an everyday car with peppy performance and everyday robustness. Always loved its refinement and rev-happy nature and each drive in it brought a smile to my face, especially the late night and early morning drives which allowed me to exploit a greater part of the rev range coupled with snicking through the butter smoot gearbox. THE CVT must be even more easy to drive in rush hour traffic.
arindambasu13 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th April 2020, 02:41   #3283
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolboy007 View Post
My Alpha CVT is about to complete 1 year now and is near the 5000 kms mark. One of the major reasons i had bought this car for - hassle free has really been the forte as most other Maruti Suzuki cars.
Thank you for your feedback. It is really encouraging for a new owner like me. Very happy to hear it is serving you well. Baleno is a really good product from Maruti and the sales figures says it all. You have maintained it perfectly and it looks like you have just bought it new.

Mine is Alpha MT and it's 3 months old. I'm looking forward to have a similar experience with this lovely car.
Sachin V.W. is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 20th April 2020, 14:28   #3284

Quote:

Thanks a lot for info. I think I will go for it during my second servicing.
Please share the pictures if you changed the fog lamps

Last edited by Sheel : 20th April 2020 at 14:48. Reason: Broken quote tag fixed.
Thunder70 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st April 2020, 07:11   #3285
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunder70 View Post
Please share the pictures if you changed the fog lamps
Sure.

I'm just waiting for this pandemic to get over and things normalise.
Sachin V.W. is online now   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks