Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th December 2020, 14:34   #3361
BHPian

Re: Maruti Baleno : Official Review

5 months of keeping the car unused has led to a lot of fungus and dirt inside. More updates here on my thread
puneetakhouri is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th December 2020, 18:34   #3362
BHPian

Hey everyone, I've run into a little bit of battery trouble with our 2015 Baleno Alpha Diesel and need some urgent advice. Had taken the car for the 5th year service and the service manager called saying the battery needed replacement. This was surprising because it was just a little over a year since we had changed the battery from the authorised Exide dealer. The Nexa Service manager also sent the readings with the car from the battery test and it showed battery replacement due to crank voltage problem even though the battery voltage showed around 12.8v.

We visited the battery shop to claim warranty on it but they are rejecting the same citing the battery has enough voltage. Is the given reading (attached below) something to be worried about and what steps should we take because we have a long trip coming up and really don't want battery trouble midway amidst the already tough road-trip constraints due to the pandemic.

Maruti Baleno : Official Review-img20201209wa0041.jpg
Old 14th December 2020, 19:03   #3363
BHPian

Over the past month or so, I started hearing this shudder/judder noise under hard braking in my Dec ‘19 registered Alpha CVT. My first thought was ABS but the car lost braking power while also skidding ahead. The noise didn’t sound anything like ABS should (I checked YouTube!). The service centre first diagnosed this with an error code and also said that there were small stones stuck between the disc and the pads (?). They said they’ve cleaned and ‘greased the brake pads’ and the problem should be fixed.

The issue reappeared over the next couple of days and I sent the car back to them. They changed the brake pads under warranty and returned the car and thishe issue seems to have gone now, but I’ve been driving rather cautiously as I lost confidence in the brakes during this time. Also head a slight grumble when I use the brakes, even at low speeds - I suspect this is just while the new pads wear themselves in?

I’m attaching photos of the used brake pads - could some of the experts here have a look and tell me if the service centre’s initial diagnosis sounds accurate? I know of the Baleno brake shudder issue but I’m not sure what I heard was the same - any dashcam video/audio that other owners have of the issue in their cars would be very helpful to compare notes!

Thank you!
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti Baleno : Official Review-0d7258de6c994bdbb3cc2a4406cffcca.jpeg  

Maruti Baleno : Official Review-f27b65fa5f6344968038fa749a97180d.jpeg  

Maruti Baleno : Official Review-93d2639b488445cbb7b573a064022d1f.jpeg  

Maruti Baleno : Official Review-66b952633dc14bb9afaeee66041642f3.jpeg  

Maruti Baleno : Official Review-c32ae3688b1d46fbb011a50f6faa1d38.jpeg  

shaggydogg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th December 2020, 18:46   #3364

Hello everyone
Our 20 days old baleno was rear ended by a truck today at traffic and the boot door was damaged a bit. Car senses the boot door to be open hence it refuses to lock. As a result footwell light and Instrument cluster stays on for the whole time even after turning the car off. We will cover 75kms per day for 2 days before giving the car to repair. Will the light drain the battery and is there a way to lock the car?

Last edited by thush : 24th December 2020 at 19:07. Reason: Spelling
thush is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th December 2020, 21:23   #3365
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thush View Post
Hello everyone
Our 20 days old baleno was rear ended by a truck today at traffic and the boot door was damaged a bit. Car senses the boot door to be open hence it refuses to lock. As a result footwell light and Instrument cluster stays on for the whole time even after turning the car off. We will cover 75kms per day for 2 days before giving the car to repair. Will the light drain the battery and is there a way to lock the car?
It will drain the battery for sure. I think the only option you have is to disconnect the battery when not in use and lock the car manually until you get it repaired.
Added_flavor is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 24th December 2020, 22:05   #3366
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thush View Post
Hello everyone
You can just press the switch next to the boot door and tape it tightly that way so that it remains in the off position and you can operate the boot door manually without the status being shown as open or light remaining on. That should solve the problem until the body work happens.
audioholic is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th December 2020, 07:31   #3367

Thanks for the replies
Quote:
Originally Posted by Added_flavor View Post
It will drain the battery for sure. I think the only option you have is to disconnect the battery when not in use and lock the car manually until you get it repaired.
Fortunately the light turned off after a long time. Car refused to lock even with the key.

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
You can just press the switch next to the boot door and tape it tightly that way so that it remains in the off position and you can operate the boot door manually without the status being shown as open or light remaining on. That should solve the problem until the body work happens.
This did not work for some reason. We cancelled our plans and came home yesterday.
MASS quoted 15 days for replacement of parts. Is it normal?
Old 1st January 2021, 13:52   #3368
BHPian

Dear All, First of all wishing each and every one a Very Happy Healthy and Prosperous New Year.

I own a 2016 Zeta Petrol having done about 40K on odo. Off late i notice vibrations on all three pedal at ignition and idle. The vibrations also appear in the brake pedal while braking. The gear shift appears a bit tight too. My car is off warranty and i stay in south bangalore. Any inputs regarding the suspect cause of the above and a good local SS recommendation will come in very handy.
TIA
Have a great year ahead, cheers
Old 3rd January 2021, 19:29   #3369

Hey why don't you have all your rubber mounts checked. Probably its worn out and not dampening engine vibrations.
SpaceJunk is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th January 2021, 13:01   #3370
BHPian

I've got a Glanza recently. Since it's the Baleno is the more popular twin, I thought I'll put my question here. I have a G variant which is almost identical to the Baleno Zeta. My query is regarding the LED projector headlights. While I was excited by it, in the the real world i.e. on roads at night, I find them totally frustrating and scary. I prefer to use the low beam, but even in the city, it seems like I can't even see dividers starting on the road and the beam seems to fade away with any sort of headlight in the opposite direction. The high beam is brighter but it doesn't seem focused and based on the number of infamous mentions for the Baleno in the following thread, don't want to use it.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/stree...motorists.html (OEM LED/HID headlights - Do they cause issues to other motorists?)

I am planning to bring this up in the first service but I doubt if anything will happen.

The fact that I can't see dividers within the city is a little scary and I'm worried how it will be in the highways and rains. Has anybody else observed/felt that the OEM LED projectors are poor? If so, was there any solution?

P.S. I have driven a couple of Honda City (3rd Gen) with stock headlights and also have a Unicorn with 35W halogens. I've found neither to be so bad.
gopaneel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th January 2021, 16:18   #3371
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpaceJunk View Post
Hey why don't you have all your rubber mounts checked. Probably its worn out and not dampening engine vibrations.
But does it appear suddenly? Thanks a lot for the inputs
Old 4th January 2021, 16:33   #3372

Quote:
Originally Posted by navinkamath4657 View Post
But does it appear suddenly? Thanks a lot for the inputs
Such things happen gradually till the point it becomes noticeable. Nevertheless on the route to debunking your issue, I am of the opinion that the rubber mounts are a good place to start.

I am no means an expert, but thats the route i would take... Experts on this forum can guide you otherwise.
Please keep us posted on the updates.
Old 4th January 2021, 16:56   #3373
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpaceJunk View Post
Such things happen gradually till the point it becomes noticeable. Nevertheless on the route to debunking your issue, I am of the opinion that the rubber mounts are a good place to start.

I am no means an expert, but thats the route i would take... Experts on this forum can guide you otherwise.
Please keep us posted on the updates.
I shall go by your advice spacejunk and keep you posted.. thank you
Old 5th January 2021, 20:59   #3374
sbm
BHPian

Hello guys. I am writing this post for those who are facing hard steering issue in 2015-2018 model Baleno.
As you guys might have experienced, the steering of earlier model Baleno didn't return to center after turn or at best returned only after high speed turns. Moreover, the steering was harder than new model Baleno ( 2018 afterwards). Maruti is changing steering column in case of sticky steering and clicking noise but even after that, the returning issue and hardness remain.

I recently visited NEXA service centre for 40k service and the mech told me that the front suspension bushes have worn out. I generally don't go by mech's words but on that day, I was too distracted with other things and gave him a go ahead to change them.Total cost was around Rs.1800. First day after the service, I didn't feel any difference in the car and thought that I wasted my money but after 2 days, I began to feel that the steering became considerably lighter and returning also increased. I think that along with bad steering geometry, the bushes also contributed to the hardness of the steering. If any of you guys have the same issue, get the front suspension bushes checked. You might find a solution.
sbm is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th January 2021, 00:55   #3375

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbm View Post
If any of you guys have the same issue, get the front suspension bushes checked. You might find a solution.
Hi,

Thanks for the helpful post. Even I got my 2018 Baleno's steering column replaced under warranty and I have the same observation, that the hardness remains.

How many kms have you clocked in your Baleno? And is there any noticeable change in ride quality other than improved steering behaviour after bush replacement?

My car's 3 years/30K service is due this month and would get the bushes checked. My car has clocked only 13K kms, and would be surprised if the bushes are worn out

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks