Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 24th April 2022, 01:14   #3526

Re: Maruti Baleno : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Varun_G View Post
My Dad drives a 2017 Baleno (P) Alpha and is looking to replace one of his car tire. Currently all the four wheels are Apollo Alnac but I am personally not too impressed with the performance. Can someone suggest a good alternative for 195/55 r16 tires for Baleno and maybe the right website to get the replacement done.
I am running on the Goodyear Assurance TripleMax

Goodyear Assurance TripleMax 195/55 R16 87V Tubeless Car Tyre https://www.amazon.in/dp/B01IF76RFG/...ing=UTF8&psc=1
SpaceJunk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th June 2022, 19:07   #3527
BHPian

52K KM Baleno Petrol manual updates:

The car is now 4yrs and 7months old.

1. Replaced the OEM tire with MRF Perfinza. I have upsized the stock from 195/55R16 to 205/55R16. There is a noticeable drop in acceleration, but there is an increase in braking, which is what I am looking for.

More details:
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/tyre-...ml#post5288651 (Review: MRF Perfinza Tyres)

2. Changed the front disk pad from OEM to EBC brake pads. The difference is noticeable. I highly recommend changing the stock to these brake pads.

More details:
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offic...ml#post5261905 (Maruti Baleno : Official Review)

3. Today I noticed there was a low battery symbol for the key fob. So I changed the cell for both of them. This is the second time I am replacing the cell on the key fob.

Maruti Baleno : Official Review-20220606_172154.jpg

Maruti Baleno : Official Review-20220606_182604.jpg

Maruti Baleno : Official Review-20220606_182730.jpg

Cost: Rs 212

Maruti Baleno : Official Review-20220606_183215.jpg

4. A year ago I have replaced the fog lamp on the car to the iPHCAR projector lamp. These are quite a lot more powerful. These make the headlight appear like fog lamp. I am using only when there is a barricade / blockade on the other side of the road and on empty highways. I don't want others to get blinded by the light.

Stock fog lamp

Maruti Baleno : Official Review-1.jpg

Maruti Baleno : Official Review-2.jpg

Maruti Baleno : Official Review-3.jpg

Maruti Baleno : Official Review-4.jpg

Maruti Baleno : Official Review-5.jpg

Maruti Baleno : Official Review-6.jpg

Some plastic bits in the bumper have to cut to accommodate these aftermarket fog lamps, but this makes going back to the stock fog lamp bit of a challenge. These bits were essentially holding the OEM fog lamp.

Maruti Baleno : Official Review-7.jpg

Maruti Baleno : Official Review-9.jpg

Maruti Baleno : Official Review-10.jpg

iPhcar projector fog lamp
Maruti Baleno : Official Review-11.jpg

Bought them from here:

https://carhatke.com/iphcar-bi-xenon...-for-fog-light

https://carhatke.com/original-crysta...ght-bulb-light

Last edited by amvj : 6th June 2022 at 19:11.
amvj is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th June 2022, 22:57   #3528
BANNED

I am very sorry sir, but did I just see a NCAP 5 STAR Rating sticker on your Baleno's Bumper
Piyush Kanthak is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th June 2022, 11:18   #3529
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piyush Kanthak View Post
I am very sorry sir, but did I just see a NCAP 5 STAR Rating sticker on your Baleno's Bumper
It's mentioned as "buy Global NCAP 5 star rated cars."

I have made a mistake but others don't have to.

Last edited by amvj : 8th June 2022 at 11:21.
Old 2nd July 2022, 17:18   #3530
BHPian

Hi all,
I am posting some questions which I have raised in the new 2022 Baleno review thread. I feel owners in this group, being long term users, may be able to help me out.

Mods: please delete if you feel it’s cross posting.

A few questions to the Baleno owners:
1) Has anyone installed dash cam on their cars? If yes, how? My dealer refused to fix one as it’s not part of OEM accessory neither is recommending any third party sources.
2) Which is the type of connector port - type A or C that is available for connecting our android/iPhone to the infotainment system?( I don’t know this question is relevant here though, as the infotainment unit of new Baleno has changed)
3) What is the wattage capacity of the 12V socket available for connecting say car vacuum cleaner or tyre inflator?
Thanks in advance ��
Old 4th July 2022, 23:56   #3531
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arun Babu View Post
2) Which is the type of connector port - type A or C
3) What is the wattage capacity of the 12V socket available for
Type A connector is present and a 12-Volt volt socket have 120 Watts capacity (in old and facelift Baleno both). Please see attached pic from the Team-BHP official review.

Maruti Baleno : Official Review-screenshot_20220704224440626_com.android.chrome2.jpg

Went for the 6th (PMS 40) service at 21,119 odo.
Spark plugs and fuel filter were changed apart from regular service items like engine oil, oil filter, air filter, coolant, brake fluid, caliper grease, etc.
Bought a cabin ac filter from Swift since it was similar in size but cheaper than the Baleno's air filter.
Denied for wheel balancing and alignment since I get them done at the MRF showroom nearby home.
The net bill amount was 5,164.

Maruti Baleno : Official Review-img_20220704_215913.jpg

Later installed rain visors from MASS for 1700. They are sturdy and do not look odd since A, B and C pillars are already painted in black by Maruti.

Maruti Baleno : Official Review-16569481730053.jpg

P.S
Recently I faced a weird issue on the mid-screen of the odometer. When I started the car coloured horizontal lines started appearing on it. I went to MASS to check that but the display started working normally again when I restarted the car.
Has anyone solved the problem of phone disconnecting on its own/media playing through phone speakers instead of the car after call disconnects? (in Android auto).

This is how the car looks right now (4 Years old and 21000 on the odo).
Maruti Baleno : Official Review-img_20220218_145316201.jpeg

Last edited by aah78 : 5th July 2022 at 01:17. Reason: Typos fixed. Spacing. Image inserted in-line.
vivek2652 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 18th July 2022, 15:28   #3532
BHPian

I have recently been noticing slipping of pedals. Looks like the rubber inserts in the accelerator, clutch and brake are worn out. Has anyone used aftermarket car pedals and any good one available in the market or shall I go for OEM?

Below photo from Team-bhp Baleno review:
Maruti Baleno : Official Review-marutibaleno25.jpg

Last edited by amvj : 18th July 2022 at 15:31.
Old 23rd July 2022, 08:37   #3533

Android auto freezes a lot when using maps. Have to restart the car to get it working again. Is there any way to avoid this? It's really irritating as I have missed a lot of turns because of this.
thush is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th July 2022, 09:42   #3534
BHPian

I have a Feb 2016 Zeta MT. Replaced the tyres with Continental UC6 stock size. Tyres are very good. Helps in reducing road noise well.

I've been toying with the idea of changing the suspension on my Baleno with the new Baleno's (2022 model). I've heard that the new model's suspension is very good.

Has anyone tried this? My trusted SA at Nexa Sarjapura road has left the service center. So, unable to check feasibility of making this change.
Old 25th July 2022, 10:20   #3535
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thush View Post
Android auto freezes a lot when using maps. Have to restart the car to get it working again. Is there any way to avoid this? It's really irritating as I have missed a lot of turns because of this.
Check the service centre whether the car's Head unit requires an update or not. Also try to connect with another phone. Hope your phone is not loaded with apps that slows it down. Restart your phone / factory reset it if possible.
amvj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th July 2022, 10:30   #3536

Quote:
Originally Posted by amvj View Post
Check the service centre whether the car's Head unit requires an update or not. Also try to connect with another phone. Hope your phone is not loaded with apps that slows it down. Restart your phone / factory reset it if possible.
Will ask the service center if there is any update. I have tried it with 2 phones and it's always the same. Also the infotainment unit restarts when I make a call through voice commands sometimes.
Old 27th July 2022, 12:43   #3537
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thush View Post
Will ask the service center if there is any update. I have tried it with 2 phones and it's always the same. Also the infotainment unit restarts when I make a call through voice commands sometimes.
Have you tried performing a factory reset?, there must be an option within settings to do the same. I have the older SLDA system(Bosch) and recently switched cables because the previous one started acting up, picked one up from Mi's outlet(link here) and have been super happy with it, AA literally boots in a few seconds and there's no lag.

If none of that works, I guess visiting the service center is your only resort.
MotoBlip is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th July 2022, 15:02   #3538

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotoBlip View Post
If none of that works, I guess visiting the service center is your only resort.
I will try factory reset of the system, thank you for the suggestion. Even I use mi cable for the infotainment system as the Samsung ones I have is c type.
Old 31st July 2022, 07:45   #3539
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horizon85 View Post

I've been toying with the idea of changing the suspension on my Baleno with the new Baleno's (2022 model). I've heard that the new model's suspension is very good.

Has anyone tried this? My trusted SA at Nexa Sarjapura road has left the service center. So, unable to check feasibility of making this change.
Can you provide an assessment on the comparison of the two suspensions and the feasibility and associated costs ? I also seem to be interested in exploring this option.

Last edited by ajayc123 : 31st July 2022 at 07:47.
Old 16th August 2022, 14:07   #3540
BHPian

I have MS Baleno 2019 P Alpha completing 4th year with odo at 33k and is already due for 4yr/40k service. Today I got see a lot of green fluid on my parking floor and when checked the coolant reservoir is having no coolant at all.

1. I will be giving for service tomorrow to ASC which is only 2km far. Should I fill coolant or take it directly to ASC without filling.

2. What all should be checked at ASC for this leakage.

3. I am getting some noise from front guessing to be from suspension. I am getting it intermittently even while running in good roads as well. It been there for above 6months and ASC could not trace it. What could be the reason?

Thanks in advance.
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti Baleno : Official Review-20220816_133351.jpg  

Maruti Baleno : Official Review-20220816_133817.jpg  

Most Viewed