Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th January 2016, 15:39   #361
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by farooq817 View Post
Hi All,

I just wanted to know regarding buying accessories online. I was thinking of getting the 3D mats and car cover but not sure if I would be able to get the correct products considering that this is a new car in the market. Has anyone brought these products online and can provide feedback for the same?
I bought 3D Mats black colour for my New Baleno online. It fits properly and bought from Ebay India.

Last edited by Dr.Naren : 10th January 2016 at 15:44.
Old 10th January 2016, 19:09   #362
BHPian

Re: Maruti Baleno : Official Review

I got to know from one of my friend who is working in hero. .that maruti was closed from 26dec to 4th jan.
Old 10th January 2016, 23:57   #363
Distinguished - BHPian

I had installed white LED parking light for Front headlamps.
Pic 1 only LED parking lights on
Pic 2 Headlights on-High beam
Stock Headlamp bulbs are osram bilux, made in Germany
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti Baleno : Official Review-img_20160110_234423.jpg  

Maruti Baleno : Official Review-img_20160110_234509.jpg  

Last edited by Dr.Naren : 10th January 2016 at 23:58.
Dr.Naren is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 11th January 2016, 01:42   #364
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Naren View Post
I had installed white LED parking light for Front headlamps.
Pic 1 only LED parking lights on
Pic 2 Headlights on-High beam
Stock Headlamp bulbs are osram bilux, made in Germany
That's nice! How much did you pay? Where did you get them installed? Also could you share details about the wiring and how tough was it
Old 11th January 2016, 09:00   #365
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhansali_hardik View Post
That's nice! How much did you pay? Where did you get them installed? Also could you share details about the wiring and how tough was it
White LED parking lights cost 200 rs. I got it installed from MASS and it is MGP. It is direct fitment and no wiring change is required. It hardly took 2 minutes for installation.
Dr.Naren is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th January 2016, 11:36   #366
BANNED

Source: https://www.zauba.com/export-baleno-hs-code.html

There is one Baleno exported to South Korea from Chennai for R&D. Clearly, Hyundai might be using it for R&D purpose!
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti Baleno : Official Review-msb2sk.jpg  

Old 11th January 2016, 14:38   #367
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by romeomidhun View Post
Source: https://www.zauba.com/export-baleno-hs-code.html

There is one Baleno exported to South Korea from Chennai for R&D. Clearly, Hyundai might be using it for R&D purpose!
I have a question here. Why would Hyundai export the car to South Korea for any sort of R&D? Baleno has been launched in India and is readily available. The Hyundai R&D facility in Hyderabad is fully operational as well. I do not understand why Hyundai would export the car for R&D purpose and what they would achieve by doing it in Korea rather than here in India?
Old 11th January 2016, 16:25   #368
BHPian

Quote:
I have a question here. Why would Hyundai export the car to South Korea for any sort of R&D? Baleno has been launched in India and is readily available. The Hyundai R&D facility in Hyderabad is fully operational as well. I do not understand why Hyundai would export the car for R&D purpose and what they would achieve by doing it in Korea rather than here in India?
They have a state of the art R&D centre in SKorea with internal tracks, multiple test rigs etc (read - not available in India)

Since Baleno will be a challenge to the i20 globally, it may make sense to benchmark the car at a global R&D centre rather than the Desi (limited infra) r&d centre.
Old 11th January 2016, 16:33   #369
BANNED

Quote:
They might have done enough R&D on Baleno in Hyderabad, and then send it to South Korea from Chennai for further study as it is a nearby port of Hyderabad. And, Hyundai don't have a car specific to India.
Old 12th January 2016, 10:26   #370
Distinguished - BHPian

Baleno waiting period shoots up.

Zeta( petrol) commands 9 months. Minimum waiting period seem 5 months for any other variant.

Source - RM - Nexa Bimal
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th January 2016, 11:37   #371
SRK
Senior - BHPian

Looks like Maruti is focusing on the export of the Baleno.

My RM did tell that he will be able to tell only after 15th Jan about the car's availability.

Hope it doesn't go the Ecosport way, where Indian customers had to wait for a long time. In case Maruti works on the same lines expect the updated i20 to get back to the top spot.
Old 12th January 2016, 12:46   #372
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post

Zeta( petrol) commands 9 months. Minimum waiting period seem 5 months for any other variant.

Source - RM - Nexa Bimal
Was speaking to my RM at Pratham Nexa - Bangalore. He too said the same thing. 9 months is a long time. I think many people will simply walk away with that number. I myself had walked away from Ford Ecosport when it had a 10 month waiting.
Old 12th January 2016, 13:01   #373
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRK View Post
Looks like Maruti is focusing on the export of the Baleno.

My RM did tell that he will be able to tell only after 15th Jan about the car's availability.

Hope it doesn't go the Ecosport way, where Indian customers had to wait for a long time. In case Maruti works on the same lines expect the updated i20 to get back to the top spot.
So the stage is all set for the Vitara Brezza, I guess. Long waiting periods for Baleno and i20, and an India-specific SUV available in all Maruti showrooms, and priced at 6 - 9L, is a sure recipe of success for Brezza.
Old 12th January 2016, 13:04   #374

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post

Source - RM - Nexa Bimal
Got information from my RM that waiting period is 8 months now for Alpha Petrol model effective bookings after Dec 20th, 2015.
Old 12th January 2016, 14:18   #375
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpm2015 View Post
Got information from my RM that waiting period is 8 months now for Alpha Petrol model effective bookings after Dec 20th, 2015.
I was informed by the RM that the waiting period for Ray Blue would be more than any of the other colors. Add an additional 2-3 weeks if you are looking for this. That said, I have seen a number of Baleno on the road. The Ray Blue color is least spotted. When I went to Nexa to pay the balance payment for my car, there was a Ray Blue being delivered. When I asked the owner when the car was booked, he informed that it was a day after the launch of the price i.e., 27th October and had to make a lot of calls/emails with someone in his family who works in Maruti and raise his voice to get the Ray Blue delivered.

What might be the reason? Are they holding back this color for the export variants? This is the color under which the car has been marketed. Does not make sense holding it back since a lot of people are interested in this color.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks