Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th January 2016, 00:16   #496
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRK View Post
Could you point out the location where this date will be displayed? I haven't spotted such, atleast in the cars I saw at the showroom.
Both the VIN and the date of manufacture are engraved in the compartment just beside the hook where you put the bar used to put the bonnet cover in position. I wanted to take a pic and share it here but couldn't click today; I'll do it tomorrow.

Quote:
If you want the 3M coating done, get it from the authorised 3M car care unit and not from the showroom.
I went to the local 3M Care store - They advised me the following:

a) Get a UV protection coating done. The coating will last 7-8 months (Rs. 3590 + taxes)
b) Get a normal wax polish done (it too has UV protection). Would last 2-3 months (Rs. 1350 + taxes)
c) Get underbody anti-rust protection (Rs. 1850 + taxes)

He was willing to offer a 10% discount if I get two of the above services done.

Please advise if they are requried, especially the underbody coat.

Quote:
Go through the user manual. There will be a section at the start for run-in.
Here is the link - ARTICLE: How to Run-In your new car
Thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by maverickmano View Post
Congratulations!
What I understand now is, these 'NEXA' mats aren't standard or uniform across dealers. I got something called 'Transparent' mats, just took it as temporary mats.

If you are okay to compromise the aesthetic appeal of the cabin go for 3M Nomad mats. I believe they are proven to be the best functional mats.
I saw the mats in flesh at the local 3M Care centre and I really liked them for their aesthetic appeal I'd go for the grey ones because it will be too much of black inside if i go for the black ones. I even liked the beige ones. Can go with them if I go for beige color seat covers.

Price quoted - Rs 250/- sq feet. Total estimated area - 18 sq feet. 10% discount was on offer.

I thank you very much for the suggestion!

Last edited by ampere : 30th January 2016 at 08:37. Reason: Merged back to back posts
Old 30th January 2016, 14:37   #497
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by multiloop View Post

a) Get a UV protection coating done. The coating will last 7-8 months (Rs. 3590 + taxes)
b) Get a normal wax polish done (it too has UV protection). Would last 2-3 months (Rs. 1350 + taxes)

He was willing to offer a 10% discount if I get two of the above services done.

Please advise if they are requried, especially the underbody coat.
A paint sealant & an underbody anti rust treatment (covers the underbody in a thick rough black coat of paint) are a must.

Other than those, I would recommend you cover your bumpers, orvms and (if you wish) the front of your hood with their scratch protection film (sorry I forgot what it's called).
It will protect your paint from chips and scuffs caused by flying debris and careless bikers.
Old 30th January 2016, 18:03   #498
BHPian

Re: Maruti Baleno : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by multiloop View Post

I saw the mats in flesh at the local 3M Care centre and I really liked them for their aesthetic appeal I'd go for the grey ones because it will be too much of black inside if i go for the black ones. I even liked the beige ones. Can go with them if I go for beige color seat covers.
!
Not sure if both a) & b) mentined above are needed for a new car. For my Baleno, I went for Paint Sealant Essential, Underbody anti-rust and Nomad mats from 3M. Chose the grey color mats as they contrast nicely with black interiors.

The job mentioned in the previous post by McLaren roxx is called Paint Protection Film (PPF).

Last edited by aravindkumarp : 30th January 2016 at 18:05. Reason: Corrected Typo
Old 30th January 2016, 18:41   #499
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CLIX View Post
Could anyone point me to the Baleno Zeta Stock ICE specs?
Thanks in advance.
Even I have been searching for Baleno Zeta ICE specs and images, without luck. I'd really appreciate if any of the proud owners of Baleno Zeta could share the same
texens is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st February 2016, 11:11   #500
Distinguished - BHPian

As per a disclosure from Maruti, Over 50% of the bookings for the Baleno are of the top end variant. This info was in response to a query from analysts as to whether the Baleno is taking away numbers from the Swift.

Majority of the enquires/bookings for the Swift are of the Mid Variant. Hence, as per Maruti the cannibalization is minimal as there is quite a price difference between the mid variant swift and the top end Baleno (the VDI and VXI trims—of Swift are priced between Rs 5.43 lakh to Rs 6.43 lakh, the top variant of the Baleno, is priced at R8.16 lakh, ex-showroom Delhi)

Source: Financial Express
Rajeevraj is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st February 2016, 19:31   #501
BHPian

Help me out here, I am looking to replace my Diesel Nissan Micra workhorse in the city.

If I care about the safety features most, don't much care for engine power, headlamps, fog lights, etc, about ICE not at all, and plan to install a NAV later, then it seems to me that the Delta 1.2 at an ex-showroom Delhi price of Rs 5.72 Lakh (source carwale) is the most VFM and 'logical' Baleno version I can find. Would people agree?
Old 1st February 2016, 21:57   #502

I travel from Dwarka to Rohini everyday through the outer ring road, due to construction I experience standstill traffic for at-least 30 min
on the route. The FE meter fluctuates between 16.5 to 17.1 depending on how I drive. I did a 'tank to tank' check and found that the car starts
to show empty sign at about 0.5 quadrant distance from the 'E' position and the range indication stops. Previously I refilled the tank when the
needle touched the 'E' point and it gulped 33 litres. The car ran 546.2 Kms till the needle touched the 'E' point so 546.2/33 = 16.55 Km/L
therefore I would say that the digital FE count is fairly accurate and legit.
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti Baleno : Official Review-20160201-10.59.441600x900.jpg  

FGFARahul is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 1st February 2016, 23:07   #503
BANNED

As per zauba, 1760 Balenos (1242 cc petrol cvt) exported to Japan on 28th Jan. That's the beginning of a new era for Maruti.
romeomidhun is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd February 2016, 00:39   #504
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sachin416 View Post
Similar Story in Goa. The Car is finally on display at the NEXA Showroom on NH17 in Porvorim, Goa.
Further, the test drive car is not yet available and will most likely arrive in February. Waiting periods between 4-5 months. Sales called me and suggested to pay the 11K for the booking with the offer that i can cancel / change later without losing anything. though i have already booked the i20 and removed the Baleno off my list due to the "waiting period".
I had visited the NEXA showroom at Porvorim for a test-drive of the S-Cross. Was impressed with the ride but wasn't sure about the pricing. Decided to wait for a few weeks till the Delhi Expo. I am hoping that the prices will drop a bit further because of the Brezza release at the event. Then yesterday, my uncle did a test drive on the newly arrived Baleno and was left mighty impressed with it. He told me to go with the Baleno which I am yet to test drive. What do you guys reckon? Should I go ahead with the S-Cross 1.3 90HP Zeta or switch to Brezza/Baleno and go with the masses?
Old 2nd February 2016, 01:20   #505
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anycatd View Post
I had visited the NEXA showroom at Porvorim for a test-drive of the S-Cross. Was impressed with the ride but wasn't sure about the pricing. Decided to wait for a few weeks till the Delhi Expo. I am hoping that the prices will drop a bit further because of the Brezza release at the event. Then yesterday, my uncle did a test drive on the newly arrived Baleno and was left mighty impressed with it. He told me to go with the Baleno which I am yet to test drive. What do you guys reckon? Should I go ahead with the S-Cross 1.3 90HP Zeta or switch to Brezza/Baleno and go with the masses?
I suggest you to wait for Brezza. Once Brezza is launched, drive all 3 cars and compare the price and features. Only then you can make a right decision.
Cheers
Old 3rd February 2016, 10:54   #506

I came to know that my RM has resigned. I contacted the sales head and tried to get information on the progress made if any. He informed me that a dispatch from Maruti is expected on Feb 10th and "most likely" my car will be in that lot. If yes, I can expect it to be delivered by Feb. end. I take that with a pinch of salt, waiting, waiting & waiting....
Old 3rd February 2016, 19:42   #507

Baleno units sold significantly less than i20 elite in January. Guess export numbers had a effect on local sales
Old 3rd February 2016, 20:17   #508
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by owaiskhan View Post
Baleno units sold significantly less than i20 elite in January. Guess export numbers had a effect on local sales
Can you share the numbers or source?
EDIT : I found out the source

http://www.business-standard.com/art...0200170_1.html

Last edited by Dr.Naren : 3rd February 2016 at 20:21.
Old 3rd February 2016, 22:28   #509
SRK
Senior - BHPian

For Sigma or Delta owners - If you are looking for the rear chrome spoiler, the MGP Part No. for is 83940M68P00-0PG (without camera) Garnish - Back Door (Chrome)

You can inquire with your local MGP dealer upon the availability and pricing for the same by giving this part no. I think a few holes will have to be drilled hence it would be advisable to get the work done from a good body shop or the service centre itself.
SRK is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th February 2016, 06:09   #510
BHPian

Took the delivery of 1.2 delta 2016 Baleno yesterday after a wait of 3 months. The car i booked was white, however ended up getting the ray blue color.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks