Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th February 2016, 09:55   #571
BHPian

Re: Maruti Baleno : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by C'estlavie View Post
How have you found the NVH levels, particularly the insulation from outside traffic sounds (horns, etc). I am asking because I just test drove an S cross and found the sound insulation to be below par. The horns from passing cars sounded quote loud.
The best answer for your question would be sufficient or adequate for filtering noise from traffic. The noise insulation is the best I have experienced in a Maruti and it is noticeably quieter in traffic compared to other Marutis. It is not the best in class for insulation of noise from the outside. If you compare a VW Polo or Vento or even the Elite i20, you will find that slightly higher amount of traffic noise enters the cabin. The diesels today seem to have thicker windows and provide greater insulation from the outside world.

The NVH and refinement levels of the engine and suspension is superior to the other cars and it makes for a comfortable cruiser.
Old 15th February 2016, 11:55   #572
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by spsam View Post
The best answer for your question would be sufficient or adequate for filtering noise from traffic. The noise insulation is the best I have experienced in a Maruti and it is noticeably quieter in traffic compared to other Marutis.................
It's amazing to me that - based on conversation with multiple owners on the site- the NVH levels in a Baleno, a vehicle one level lower, appear to be superior to that on an Scross.

I guess it's a matter of trade offs, and many people would prefer the power and size of an S Cross, but personally I'd be uncomfortable in a car which cannot insulate outside noise to a certain minimum threshold.
Old 15th February 2016, 12:03   #573

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajeevraj View Post
Going a little OT here since I can't PM you. Since you are going for Liva, maybe you can look at the Liva crossover- the Etios Cross. Comes with the 1.5L petrol engine also. There is also a special edition called Etios Cross Dynamique with some cosmetic stuff coming this month as per reports.
Thanks for the suggestion Rajeev. I looked at the cross, it does not appeal to me since it runs on the same Liva platform but with extra plastic cladding on both sides. Anyway, I'm not looking for eye candy and IMO, the cross is a failed attempt at that. The 1.5 ltr. seems a good option but I did not come across any ownership reviews and they don't have a TD/display vehicle for it either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhansali_hardik View Post
Well, others have got it spot on! Congrats on your decision.

I happened to go to Nexa today only to realise that we as consumers are the one who have spoilt the market for us! There were so many ppl in the line for TD the dealer was way to casual about the ppl there was no car for petrol TD added to it ppl were pleading for a TD! Horrible sight it was and for me,I am looking at another month ahead before I can get my hands on it.
I think mornings are relatively rush free here. When I went to cancel my booking at the Nexa Kochi showroom, it was around 10 AM and there were only a couple of customers. Since brezza is coming in soon, focus on Baleno might reduce coupled with the long waiting periods.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spsam View Post
I can understand your decision and the feeling you would have gone through. I purchased a Maruti Baleno (P) Alpha in Dec-15 and have driven over 2000+ kms till now. The car has consistently amazed me with the good driving characteristics, super-efficient petrol engine, comfort and refinement levels, and feature list for the price. While the product has been good, I must say that the NEXA buying experience was very bad and the "take whatever we give or leave it" attitude shown by most dealers was very difficult to deal with. While my RM was very good, the general attitude during escalations and the dealership's management was awful to say the least. One good thing has been the service experience till date - service levels are close to regular Maruti dealers while the buying experience is very poor.
Good to hear that your Baleno is serving you well. I am not sure how they are going to handle the buying experience once Brezza too comes into the picture.

Moderator's Note: Do not make so many back to back posts within such a short span of time. Use the Multiquote option to respond to multiple people at one go. If you you are not sure of how to use the Multiquote button please check the Announcements section.

All the back to back posts have been merged.

Last edited by Zappo : 15th February 2016 at 12:50. Reason: All back to back posts merged.
Old 15th February 2016, 15:14   #574
BHPian

Hello everyone. Glad to share the news that my car has finally arrived at the dealer stock yard. I had booked my Baleno petrol zeta in premium silver color on 8th November, 2015. I personally visited the yard to do a PDI. The car was in perfect factory condition. There were a lot of Baleno cars parked in the yard (maybe 40-50), but my RM told me that all were allocated cars and no extra stock existed. I checked the VIN and the car had - GB written for year and month which is 2016-February. The car will get registered tomorrow and I will take delivery by Friday.

The only thing coming in the way of me and my car now is the ECS form for my loan. It has got rejected because of signature mismatch . Working around it to finish the loan formalities ASAP.

Hope to update this thread soon.
Old 15th February 2016, 16:54   #575
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horizon85 View Post
Hello everyone. Glad to share the news that my car has finally arrived at the dealer stock yard. I had booked my Baleno petrol zeta in premium silver color on 8th November, 2015.
Congrats!
BTW, had you also received a letter/email informing of of a 6 month delay from the date of booking & yet getting delivery in 3.5 months?
If so, it would give hope of an earlier delivery than the blanket delay letters.
Old 15th February 2016, 17:19   #576
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamal View Post
Congrats!
BTW, had you also received a letter/email informing of of a 6 month delay from the date of booking & yet getting delivery in 3.5 months?
If so, it would give hope of an earlier delivery than the blanket delay letters.
No sir. Did not get any letter. I was initially promised a delivery by 21st December, 2015 and since then it kept moving by 1-2 weeks. All communication was verbal.
Horizon85 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th February 2016, 09:40   #577

Re: The "I Booked my Car" Thread

People,
please advise what can be done as my friend booked Maruti Baleno this 2016 January, and the dealership cheated him by delivering 2015 make. It happened in chennai the cheated dealership is Khivraj Nexa. Still they have not provided the documents except insurance xerox copy where I could see idv as ~6.2K and mfd year 2015.

Thanks in advance
Ezhil
Old 18th February 2016, 10:46   #578
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kezhilnambi View Post
People,
please advise what can be done as my friend booked Maruti Baleno this 2016 January, and the dealership cheated him by delivering 2015 make. It happened in chennai the cheated dealership is Khivraj Nexa. Still they have not provided the documents except insurance xerox copy where I could see idv as ~6.2K and mfd year 2015.

Thanks in advance
Ezhil
Hi Ezhil,

Did the dealership commit your friend to deliver a 2016 make car? Well, the current waiting period of Baleno is running over 5-6 months, so if your friend has booked in Jan, ideally he should be getting the car sometime in May-June 2016. If he has got the car in Feb, i.e. within a month, probably he is very lucky, as it appears he was allotted a car which was cancelled by someone at the last moment.

The other thing could be that he is being passed on a demo/test drive car. But it is not clear from your post whether the car has been registered and delivered to your friend or only insurance has been done, as you also mention that no other documents apart from insurance is provided.

If the payment has not yet been made and car is not yet registered in your friend's name, ask him to do a thorough PDI of the car. If all is well in PDI, Baleno being a new car, it is fine if it is a 2015 make. If a 2016 make car is what he wants, he would have to wait for another 6 months.
Old 18th February 2016, 13:39   #579
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kezhilnambi View Post
People,

Thanks in advance
Ezhil
I'd still say your friend is lucky if the car is not a test vehicle. To be sure, you could check the VIN as it is the most authentic way to find out. The VIN would have FK (Oct 2015) or FL (Nov 2015) or FM (Dec 2015) in the 10th and 11th positions if its a 2015 model. If its a Oct/Nov model, there is a chance of this being a test car.

Also, look for scratch marks on door pads, gear knob and dashboard in general. A test car ends up gathering some scratches in these areas. A stock yard car should have plastic covers on all seats whereas a test car won't. Check the odometer reading, etc.

You can read more on VIN decoding here
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/buying...cture-vin.html
Old 18th February 2016, 18:06   #580
BHPian

Can any existing Baleno owners shed light on the VIN decoding of NEXA Cars. There appears to be conflicting views on the VIN being 17 or 21 characters!

I, for one, have got a 17 character VIN for my Baleno and have been made to understand that 10th & 11th character stands for year & month. (Mine being "G" & "A"). Would appreciate if existing owners could shed more light on this
Old 19th February 2016, 09:30   #581

Well mine has a date engraved near the bonnet holder in clear text and u presume that to be manufacturing date.Took delivery on 28 DEC and the date says 14122015
Old 19th February 2016, 12:18   #582
BHPian

Hi everyone! I have finally taken the delivery of my petrol Baleno Zeta silver yesterday. So far, driving experience has been good. I have driven only 30 kms, so can't be a lot detailed.

Dealer was Pratham Nexa. They had the car ready and it just took 10-15 mins to take the delivery of the vehicle. Other point to note is that they charged me correctly for the insurance. I opted for additional engine protection in ICICI Lombard. Nexa did not over charge for insurance as is a common practice with car dealers.

I would like fellow Baleno petrol owners to share some information.
  1. I have noticed that the engine idles at below 1000 rpm at 600 to be precise. Is that same with others as well?
  2. The clutch pedal is at a higher level than the brake pedal.
  3. Should the ORVMS fold on their own if you switch off the engine and lock the car?
I'll upload a few pics next weekend.
Old 19th February 2016, 15:21   #583
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horizon85 View Post
Hi everyone! I have finally taken the delivery of my petrol Baleno Zeta silver yesterday.
Congratulations and wish you many happy miles !

How much were you charged for the zero dep insurance along with engine protector add-on from ICICI Lombard?

And no, the ORVMs do not close automatically when you lock the car, unlike Grand i10.
viv_cal is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th February 2016, 17:16   #584
BHPian

I finally got to test drive the Baleno CVT as well as the Manual today. To be honest its a big car with loads of features but it ends there . Does not feel as involving as the Suzuki Swift ZXI to drive . Maybe its just my opinion. I had driven a brand new Swift Zxi a couple of months back and seriously loved the fun factor . Something seemed missing here and I am out of words to explain.

Another thing that I noticed that both the test cars were insanely scratched inside near the door handles , switches and general places where you touch the car. This was noticed by my spouse as well. So all Baleno users please be careful not to scratch the internals. I am having a slight doubt as to how well the interiors would age.

I am also posting a slightly modified Baleno I saw at NEXA showroom today. It looks like a Baleno Cross. On close inspection I found that black thing on the base is not a plastic cladding, its just that the portion is painted black. But it sure looked nice. Nexa sales guy said that the vehicle has 1.4 lac of accessories loaded on the same . It was a modified Sigma . Picture is uploaded in case anyone feels like. The Alloys for sure looked very nice.
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti Baleno : Official Review-img_3308.jpg  

manishkapadia is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th February 2016, 08:13   #585
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRK View Post
A member of Maruti Suzuki Baleno 2015 group on Facebook has posted this pic of the Momo Revenge alloys on the Baleno.

Attachment 1450785
Quote:
Originally Posted by nik_kapur View Post
This is a pic from BK Tyres Lajpat Nagar Delhi's Facebook page. Jitesh Kapoor the owner does an amazing job with the cars. These are Momo Wheels, heres a another image from his collection
The MOMO Revenge looks good on the Baleno but what I feel is that the Baleno could do with an aggressive alloy design, probably something with a deeper dish and a lesser number of spokes.

What got me curious about Baleno alloys was seeing a Baleno kitted out recently with a set of alloys that really changed the bland look from the rear. Could not get a pic as I was driving past.

Drive on,
Shibu.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks