Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 29th February 2016, 22:05   #616
BHPian

Re: Maruti Baleno : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by newroads View Post
Does anyone know what is thia blinking red dot light??
Its part of the security system, its normal. You should be worried if it stays blinking for 8 seconds along with the buzzer beeps off 4 times instead of the 2 (unlock) & 1 beep (lock) even after you unlock the car. It means that someone tried to break into the car. Here is a screenshot from the Baleno's owners manual.

Read the provided manual cover to cover, it has all the information you'll ever need about your car.
Attached Images

tjacob is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th February 2016, 22:14   #617
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by newroads View Post
Hi, when I lock my alpha baleno using key fob. A red light keeps blinking in interval of 2-3 seconds. This light is at the centre of the dashboard below the touch screen & to the right of hazard light push button.

Does anyone know what is thia blinking red dot light??
Volkman is correct in his post that is the immobilizer , happens in almost every car today.
garry.brant is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st March 2016, 10:38   #618
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by C'estlavie View Post

My specific question is that what is the documentation I can demand from the dealer so I understand my position on the waitlist?
You can't avoid visiting the dealer in person. You must insist your RM to take you to the back-office and show you your position in the queue personally. Most dealers maintain this information in an excel sheet and they would apply filters based on Variant Code and Body Color to check your actual position in the queue for that variant and color.

I have done this twice during my 3 month wait. For variant code you can refer to this price list's VariantCode column.

picture by volkman10 from an earlier post.
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti Baleno : Official Review-img20160118wa0001.jpg  

Horizon85 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2016, 16:33   #619
BHPian

After a long wait of almost 4 months, finally took delivery of my Alpha Petrol (Granite Gray) on Sunday, 28th Jan.

The Good: Have not driven much, but the initial impressions have been very encouraging. Super silent petrol engine, loads of space in the car, cool looking MID, user-friendly smartplay system and overall decent equipment level in the Alpha trim. The car transforms to a looker at night with its DRL/Projectors/LED Tail. Initial MID FE is showing around 15-16 kmpl but need to verify the same with tankful method.

The Bad: The long waiting period! Though i too got a bit impatient in the fag end of my waiting period and was contemplating cancellation, now I feel that the car (particularly the Alpha trim) was well worth the wait.

The Ugly: The NEXA experience! The experience with the dealership (Nexa Park Street) was nothing premium. In fact, it was nothing short of being called pathetic! They bungled up everywhere they could... and even at places where they were not supposed to! Right from the booking, sharing information, insurance, payment processing, RTO registration and delivery.. not even one process went by smoothly! Had it not been for their shoddy salesmanship, i would have got the car at least 2 weeks back, as the car had already reached their yard in the 1st week of Feb.
viv_cal is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2016, 17:01   #620
BHPian

Congratulations buddy! After getting hands on my petrol zeta, I can say its worth the wait.

Quote:
Originally Posted by viv_cal View Post
After a long wait of almost 4 months, finally took delivery of my Alpha Petrol (Granite Gray) on Sunday, 28th Jan.
I think you meant Sunday, 28th Feb.

I am keen to know as to why it took them so long to deliver the car to you. I got my car at yard on 13th Feb and took the delivery on 18th, in a matter of 5 days.
Horizon85 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2016, 17:24   #621
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

The Ugly: The NEXA experience! The experience with the dealership (Nexa Park Street) was nothing premium.
The NEXA Park Street, Kolkata dealer lacks any sort of commitment and even a basic approach to salesmanship.
Around two months back, me and my wife walked into their dealership at around 6:00pm in the evening. We were seriously looking at the Baleno as a purchase.
What followed was quite hilarious.
Lady at reception refused to budge an inch from her chair, (she was busy with her smartphone).
Watchman / Security guard at door directed us to a red Baleno parked inside.
Not a single salesperson was in sight. We were told "it was after 6pm" hence the "staff was less" ! Then, why, pray keep the showroom open and that too in such a tony area like Park Street in Kolkata?

Anyway, me and wifey, switched to what i call, "McDonald's Mode", that's self-service, and took a good look, inside and outside of the vehicle.

We were on the verge of leaving, (mind you all this time Ms Smartphone was still staring at the - well - smartphone! ), when one beige - suited bloke saunters in and asks, in Bengali, "Aapnara ki Gaari dekhtey eshaychen?" (Literal translation goes: "Have you come in to see a car?").
By this time, my wife was quite irritated and shot back: "Do you sell anything other than cars? Veggies perhaps?"

The sales gent recognised his gaffe and requested us to see the S-Cross parked next to the Baleno.
We told him, it is the Baleno we were more interested in. He said Baleno has a long waiting list, close to 4-5 months, so its better we switch to S-Cross!!

I was astonished.

Here, a customer, was specifically mentioning a model and a variant and saying that he does not mind waiting and the sales hero went on pushing the S-Cross! He even said that he can "manage very good discounts" on the S-Cross for us. Jeez!

As a final tack, I showed him my SWIFT parked outside and asked him if he can evaluate its value as a trade - in. "Used car assessor has gone home s'aar...can you come back tomorrow or day after with your SWIFT for an estimate?"

We saw no point in pushing this further and moved out of the much vaunted NEXA. And wait for it - the best part - NO ONE, i repeat, NO ONE asked any one of us for our Name, address or contact details !!! Simply amazing !!!

In fact, I would say, the most polite & sincere person at the showroom was the Watchman / Security guard at the door.
Not only he was extremely courteous, he even got drinking water (after my wife requested a glass of water), helped me park my SWIFT in a designated parking spot and had a genuine smile on his face. Maybe he should change roles with the sales guys.

Last edited by arjab : 2nd March 2016 at 17:40.
Old 2nd March 2016, 18:05   #622
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horizon85 View Post
Congratulations buddy!

I think you meant Sunday, 28th Feb.

I am keen to know as to why it took them so long to deliver the car to you. I got my car at yard on 13th Feb and took the delivery on 18th, in a matter of 5 days.

Thanks! Yep, it was a typo. I meant 28th Feb.

5 days is what it should take. But thanks to my dealer's unprofessionalism, it took almost 20 days. To start with, the PDI could happen only after a week due to some silly inconsequential reasons.

Then, another 3 days were lost in payment processing. In spite of the total amount being paid post PDI, because of a stupid mis-communication (or rather lack of communication) between my SA and the dealers accounts guys, the payment was not acknowledged for 3 days! Might sound funny but only when i myself took both of them on a con-call was it resolved.

Lastly, the guys bungled up at the RTO registration too. Supposedly they made a faulty demand draft for RTO payment, because of which it took more than a week for my road tax registration slip to be signed.

Some experience i had with these guys, i must say.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arjab View Post
The NEXA Park Street, Kolkata dealer lacks any sort of commitment and even a basic approach to salesmanship.

Completely agree. These guys really need to pull up their socks to give their customers even a basic level of sales experience, forget about the "premium" NEXA experience.

In contrast Alipore NEXA (Bhandari) appeared a bit more pro-active and customer friendly. (i had made the booking at both the dealerships as a safety bet for the long waiting period.) Though i can comment on their actual professionalism only if they return my booking amount by next week, as promised by them.
Old 3rd March 2016, 00:48   #623

Just took delivery of my Baleno Zeta Petrol - Granite Grey today. The car feels really good. I couldn't resist taking it on a drive already. I took delivery at around 6, but I've completed about 100 kms already.

Quote:
The Ugly: The NEXA experience! The experience with the dealership (Nexa Park Street) was nothing premium. In fact, it was nothing short of being called pathetic! They bungled up everywhere they could... and even at places where they were not supposed to! Right from the booking, sharing information, insurance, payment processing, RTO registration and delivery.. not even one process went by smoothly! Had it not been for their shoddy salesmanship, i would have got the car at least 2 weeks back, as the car had already reached their yard in the 1st week of Feb.
I can see quite a few people complaining about the Nexa experience. So far, it looks like I've been the only one, but I had a really good experience with these guys. My car was delayed by about a week, but overall, I found the Nexa experience very satisfactory.

I dealt with Nexa OMR, Chennai - Pillai & Sons. Just for reference.
Old 3rd March 2016, 09:52   #624
BHPian

The experience I had with Nexa Parel till the purchase of the car was OK. However, I had paid an excess amount of some five hundred odd rupee which the RM had confirmed will be returned to me in the form of a cheque. The car is now three months old but I havent received the cheque yet. Not just that, absolutely no one has been bothered to even call me up and inform me about the status of the cheque. In fact, I had called the RM thrice and he has always been saying that he will look into it and the cheque will be processed shortly.

One another thing was with the so called priviledged Nexa Card. I had received the card at the time of buying the car (although I was charged Rs. 1100 for the card). However, since then I have bought mud flaps and have got my first service done. I carried my card to get it swiped so as to add points to the card. But to my surprise, I was informed that the outlet did not have a machine where the card could be punched. I was asked to keep the bills safe and come and get the card swiped later. Now, isnt that insane. Why sell a card when you do not even have the basic infrastructure to swipe it.

Its high time, Nexa gets its act together. Maruti is quickly losing the tag of being friendly and supportive in A.S.S.
Old 3rd March 2016, 11:17   #625
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by insidious View Post
Just took delivery of my Baleno Zeta Petrol - Granite Grey today. The car feels really good.
I can see quite a few people complaining about the Nexa experience. So far, it looks like I've been the only one, but I had a really good experience with these guys. My car was delayed by about a week, but overall, I found the Nexa experience very satisfactory.
Congratulations on your new car and wish you many happy miles.

Glad to know that you have had a pleasant experience with NEXA. Of the half a dozen people i know personally who have dealt with NEXA, all are utterly frustrated!
Old 3rd March 2016, 11:28   #626
BHPian

Quote:

I dealt with Nexa OMR, Chennai - Pillai & Sons. Just for reference.
Congrats on your ride. The color is the same as mine. Was it your first choice to go with Grey? Btw, I'm also among probably a handful of customers who had a good experience with Nexa. It has probably got to do with the RM rather than the entire showroom. I was dealing with a guy who kept me updated from time to time and was prompt to respond back to me whenever I had any query. That said, I have seen people barging out of the showroom because there was no one to respond to their queries.

Drive safe!!
Old 3rd March 2016, 14:43   #627

Quote:
Originally Posted by farooq817 View Post
Congrats on your ride. The color is the same as mine. Was it your first choice to go with Grey? Btw, I'm also among probably a handful of customers who had a good experience with Nexa. It has probably got to do with the RM rather than the entire showroom. I was dealing with a guy who kept me updated from time to time and was prompt to respond back to me whenever I had any query. That said, I have seen people barging out of the showroom because there was no one to respond to their queries.

Drive safe!!

Thanks!

Ray Blue was my first color choice. But I didn't go through with it - I had always given Granite Grey as the alternate and switched over after I found out about a problem that they have replacing that color if damaged. (Found it on a post somewhere in this thread)

And yes, I do believe that the experience may lie with the kind of RM you land up with.
Old 3rd March 2016, 15:23   #628
BHPian

Quote:
Just took delivery of my Baleno Zeta Petrol - Granite Grey today. The car feels really good. I couldn't resist taking it on a drive already. I took delivery at around 6, but I've completed about 100 kms already.
Hi Congrats for your new Car. I too have booked the same colour but in the top end trim. Now I am currently out of India and have no way to see the car in flesh, more specifically in my chosen color. Do you mind posting some pics and give us visuals on how the car looks in this colour ? TIA..

Last edited by Shiv_1984 : 3rd March 2016 at 15:23. Reason: typo
Old 3rd March 2016, 15:57   #629
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiv_1984 View Post
Hi Congrats for your new Car. I too have booked the same colour but in the top end trim. Now I am currently out of India and have no way to see the car in flesh, more specifically in my chosen color. Do you mind posting some pics and give us visuals on how the car looks in this colour ? TIA..
Hi,
I too have the same color. You can see it on my initial ownership review at http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...1-2-delta.html. I have seen a Grey colored Alpha variant in my office and it definitely looks awesome. The projector headlights, the chrome on the window line and the UV cut glass makes the car definitely stand out.
farooq817 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2016, 16:58   #630

Dear Mates,

I am newbie here. I've booked a Baleno Aplha Petrol on Jan11th (Nexa Kochi). They have assured a delivery in the month of April '16.

A query to raise here with is that - I have noticed that the 7" touch screen system in Alpha (top-end) has no CD slot attached! Adding to my dismay, I found the lower variants have a CD slot.
Though the say that usage of CDs , of late has become very less and more users confer to USB or SDcard.
Admitting this, yet my disappointment continues as i prefer lot of Audio CDs to be played while driving. Now the tast escalates, as i have to conver all these audio CDs to MP3 files and then to USB.

Is my obseravation true? Could anyone please confirm this that touch screen of Alpha baleno is a top end car sans CD slot?

Thank you in advance

Most Viewed