Old 9th March 2016, 10:24   #646
BHPian

Re: Maruti Baleno : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajpandey10 View Post
FE in highway (with ac) = 21
FE in city (without ac) = 22
FE in city (with ac) =20
Congratulations rajpandey10!! I'm sure you are going to enjoy driving and owning this car a lot in the years to come.

With respect to the FE in city, I am quite surprised with the figures you have quoted here.
  1. Are you driving on non-congested roads?
  2. Whats the RPM range and speeds you do?
I cannot recall any other fellow Baleno petrol owners quoting such high efficiency figures for city driving conditions. And my own petrol Baleno is giving me 13-15 kmpl in Bangalore city traffic.
Old 9th March 2016, 11:24   #647
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajpandey10 View Post
FE in highway (with ac) = 21
FE in city (without ac) = 22
FE in city (with ac) =20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Horizon85 View Post
With respect to the FE in city, I am quite surprised with the figures you have quoted here.
And my own petrol Baleno is giving me 13-15 kmpl in Bangalore city traffic.
Congratulations on your new ride. Those FE figures are actually mind-boggling. Like majority of other Baleno owners, i too am getting a FE of about 14-16 kmpl. On a rare occasion during a highway trip of about 25 kms, the MID showed 17.9 kmpl, and that was the highest. But 20-22 kmpl ??? What else is going in your fuel tank apart from petrol ?
Old 9th March 2016, 12:12   #648
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horizon85 View Post
Congratulations rajpandey10!! I'm sure you are going to enjoy driving and owning this car a lot in the years to come.

1. Are you driving on non-congested roads?
  2. Whats the RPM range and speeds you do?
I cannot recall any other fellow Baleno petrol owners quoting such high efficiency figures for city driving conditions. And my own petrol Baleno is giving me 13-15 kmpl in Bangalore city traffic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by viv_cal View Post
Congratulations on your new ride. Those FE figures are actually mind-boggling. Like majority of other Baleno owners, i too am getting a FE of about 14-16 kmpl. On a rare occasion during a highway trip of about 25 kms, the MID showed 17.9 kmpl, and that was the highest. But 20-22 kmpl ??? What else is going in your fuel tank apart from petrol ?

My daily office drive is around 30km both ways, where around 12 kms is on the highway, and 8-10 km on high traffic and rest on medium traffic. So more or less it is a mixed condition which include smooth road and back to back traffic.
I drive my car sedately, always keep car under 2K rpm, not going beyond 80km/h.

I have seen when i drive at speed of 70km/h, it gives the highest FE.
rajpandey10 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th March 2016, 15:50   #649
NPX
BHPian

Went to NEXA karnal today to book baleno. The advertised premium experience was there except demo models of baleno were parked in the open and scross demos were inside.

Did the flex test and the panels moved substantially with a little force and all the plastic panels behaved the same. Unexpectedly Scross also failed the flex test. This has created serious doubts about safety.

RM told the waiting period for petrol models is 7 months and 8 months for diesel.

On a good note, the price list didn't include logistics and handling charges

And in front of Baleno Alpha all other trims were looking like just another Swift. The reason being the project headlamps
Old 9th March 2016, 16:15   #650
Distinguished - BHPian

Suzuki launches Baleno in Japan. Booster jet engine baleno weighs 910 kgs compared to 890 kgs of baleno petrol in India. So that's just 20 kgs difference with additional features like extra airbags, all discs, turbo, intercooler etc. So we can conclude that maruti has not comprised on body shell for Indian Baleno.

http://www.globalsuzuki.com/globalnews/2016/0309.html
Dr.Naren is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 9th March 2016, 22:29   #651
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Naren View Post
Suzuki launches Baleno in Japan. Booster jet engine baleno weighs 910 kgs compared to 890 kgs of baleno petrol in India. So that's just 20 kgs difference with additional features like extra airbags, all discs, turbo, intercooler etc. So we can conclude that maruti has not comprised on body shell for Indian Baleno.

http://www.globalsuzuki.com/globalnews/2016/0309.html
I was just about to post this! BTW the CVT version of the Japanese Baleno weighs 910kg, which is exactly the same as that of India. BoosterJet version actually weighs 950kg, not 910 as you posted.
d3mon is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 9th March 2016, 22:48   #652
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by d3mon View Post
I was just about to post this! BTW the CVT version of the Japanese Baleno weighs 910kg, which is exactly the same as that of India. BoosterJet version actually weighs 950kg, not 910 as you posted.
My bad! So Indian Baleno weighs same as that in Japan. I was told by maruti engineers at cochin(during baleno booster jet scoop) that body shell is same even for export variants.
Cheers

Last edited by Dr.Naren : 9th March 2016 at 22:53.
Old 9th March 2016, 23:27   #653

Hi Guys,

Could any body explain why Baleno has Anti-pinch Power window present on the driver side and not on the other passenger doors. The one touch power window on the driver side makes sense (Very helpful near toll booths).

I was on the receiving end of a very painful experience few days back when I was boarding my car from the passenger side and my fingers got caught in between the half open power window. My friend requested for test drive and closed the window without realizing it.

Old 10th March 2016, 00:06   #654
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debashis_1 View Post
Hi Guys,

Could any body explain why Baleno has Anti-pinch Power window present on the driver side and not on the other passenger doors. The one touch power window on the driver side makes sense (Very helpful near toll booths).

As far as I know, only the German cars like Polo, Vento, Rapid have anti pinch and one touch up down on all 4 Windows (It is a very good feature and they don't even market it). Even expensive cars like the Honda City and Creta do not have it. Must be a cost cutting thing.
Rajeevraj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th March 2016, 16:33   #655

Hi,
My Granite Grey Alpha Petrol has run about 200 kms & display shows FE of about 15.1-15.2 kmpl in Delhi traffic.

I am a new driver, driving straight from learning classes a couple if month ago. So expect it to go higher as the time passes.
Old 10th March 2016, 17:23   #656
BHPian

Quote:
Hi Guys,

I was on the receiving end of a very painful experience few days back when I was boarding my car from the passenger side and my fingers got caught in between the half open power window. My friend requested for test drive and closed the window without realizing it.

One simple reason. Cost Cutting. Soon, with airbags and ABS standard across all variants, features like these might become the differentiation between variants
Old 10th March 2016, 17:59   #657
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by praveen_v View Post
One simple reason. Cost Cutting. Soon, with airbags and ABS standard across all variants, features like these might become the differentiation between variants
My 13L Fiesta hasn't got 'em either. Likes of VW Polo have got this feature at a much lower price. I don't know what to say.
Old 10th March 2016, 18:34   #658
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajeevraj View Post
As far as I know, only the German cars like Polo, Vento, Rapid have anti pinch and one touch up down on all 4 Windows (It is a very good feature and they don't even market it). Even expensive cars like the Honda City and Creta do not have it. Must be a cost cutting thing.
From my experience, the anti-pinch in implemented only for the windows where one touch up/down functionality is provided.
E.G. In Honda City, only the driver side window has one touch up/down and anti pinch.

On the other hand, the VW Vento had this feature implemented on all four windows as all four had one touch up/down.

This must be a security standard and by extension i feel the reason all four windows don't have one touch up/down is because then they will be mandated to provide anti pinch (requiring certain sensors) which adds to the cost.
theMandarin is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th March 2016, 20:32   #659
BHPian

Quote:
Hi Guys,

Hi Debashih,

Anti Pinch windows are implemented only on windows with Auto up & down .

The reason is as below
The basic working of the anti pinch system requires a Motor load sensor and a winder position sensor. With this sensor the and the position sensor of the window winder the logic dictates the motor when to stop the winding when the motor load crosses a limit and the position sensor confirms the position of the window. In case the logic senses that there is a increase in motor load without the Position Sensors confirmation of full roll up, the motor is reversed to prevent a possible "pinch" scenario.

So if a company will opt to give a anti pinch feature it will have the 2 sensors and the logic in place for the anti-pinch. With a slightly simpler logic, it can be converted to the Auto up & down power window.

Total additional cost- 2 sensors (per window) + logic program + possibly a better BCM may be required to perform the function more efficiently (similar to intel core i5 is more efficient than a core i3 processor)

Hope this helps

Last edited by 1.2TSI7DSG : 10th March 2016 at 20:35.
1.2TSI7DSG is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 11th March 2016, 11:33   #660
BHPian

Does baleno have a cabin filter(For AC) or should it installed seperatly?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks