Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st May 2016, 10:07   #826
BHPian

I cancelled out my booking and went for brezza instead. I already have brezza in my garage, while I'm trying to keep up with the Nexa to pick my cancellation money back.:banghead:
bhansali_hardik is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st May 2016, 10:46   #827

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Naren View Post
Maruti is concentrating more on Export. Domestic sales figures is decreasing every month. I suggest you to consider boosterjet baleno too if you are going to wait 5-6 months.
Cheers!
Thanks for the reply. I am planning to stick with the booking and consider my options once the boosterjet option is available. But I guess expecting a similar price range for the boosterjet would be asking for too much right.
Old 1st May 2016, 16:39   #828
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbaron91 View Post
Hello Shiv_1984,

During the time of my booking (in March), NRM mentioned for Petrol there is a waiting period of 8-9 months.

Did you receive any further communication after your booking?

For your doubt about Baleno in Europe, here is the picture of Suzuki Baleno spotted at Stuttgart. I guess they have already started deliveries.

Unfortunately, I had to give them my bro's no. Who is in Blore as according to the RM they don't still facilitate sending international SMSs ( mine being a DE no.) . Secondly I haven't received any emails till date either. All I have for the ref is the booking copy(ies) (soft ones) and a confirmation on my bro's phone about the booking. I am not very +ve about this whole baleno thing. Anyway my wait would end by end of June latest; baleno or no baleno.

One thing is for sure, this whole baleno and stories around it has been blown out of proportion and Maruti is happily capitalising on it. Let's see how far this has to go before the descent.

On the Stuttgart sighting, I live here and I never saw any but a nice rare sight indeed. Thanks for putting up.

Cheers..
Shiv
Old 2nd May 2016, 14:21   #829
BHPian

Re: Maruti Baleno : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidrn View Post
Thanks for the reply. I am planning to stick with the booking and consider my options once the boosterjet option is available. But I guess expecting a similar price range for the boosterjet would be asking for too much right.
I would say, that the Boosterjet will be available only as a Top end variant (like the Polo TSi) and it is safe to assume that it will be priced +/- 50K around the Diesel Top end
Old 2nd May 2016, 19:51   #830
BHPian

omg after reading this thread came to know about 8 months average waiting period for this car. Is it worth waiting for this car for 7/8 months? Not sure why Maruti isn't increasing production if they are capable to do it? and why are they still doing bookings if they cant deliver in committed waiting period. look like they are taking India consumers for granted.

Last edited by nilpat : 2nd May 2016 at 19:53. Reason: removed repeat words
Old 2nd May 2016, 20:05   #831
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilpat View Post
omg after reading this thread came to know about 8 months average waiting period for this car. Is it worth waiting for this car for 7/8 months? Not sure why Maruti isn't increasing production if they are capable to do it? and why are they still doing bookings if they cant deliver in committed waiting period. look like they are taking India consumers for granted.
They will increase output next year once the Gujrat plant is built but only if needed once the Ignis is also launched, imo. Because, they may also be expecting a significant cross-shopping between Baleno, Brezza and Ignis. All these cars will be in a comparable price segment (5 - 8L). We already have seen that a lot of prospective Baleno customers going for Brezza.

No manufacturer will boost the production before the demand is stabilized, or with a foreseen chance of slump in demand.

Now, consider this:

Assume a manufacturer develops a new model in the premium segment at a cost of 800 crores.
Assume a profit per unit of Rs 40K
Assume an yearly sale of 1L units

Within 2 years, when they sell 2L units, they will get all the development expenses back. In the remaining 4 years of its life cycle, this model can earn 1600crores for the company!

Last edited by romeomidhun : 2nd May 2016 at 20:34.
romeomidhun is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd May 2016, 20:09   #832
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by romeomidhun View Post
They will increase output next year once the gujrat plant is built but only if needed once the ignis is also launched, imo. Because, they may also be expecting a significant cross-shopping between baleno, brezza and ignis.
Thanks for the info man so they are definitely not taking things for granted. I still feel is it worth waiting so much (8 months) for this car
Personally I wouldn't have waited for any good car for more than 4-5 months waiting period.

Last edited by nilpat : 2nd May 2016 at 20:11.
Old 2nd May 2016, 20:18   #833
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilpat View Post
Thanks for the info man so they are definitely not taking things for granted. I still feel is it worth waiting so much (8 months) for this car.
You could book the Baleno Booster jet variant when the booking starts. This could be faster in terms of delivery but expect a bit higher pricing though.
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd May 2016, 20:52   #834
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
You could book the Baleno Booster jet variant when the booking starts. This could be faster in terms of delivery but expect a bit higher pricing though.
Thanks for being so kind and your valuable suggestion ; will definitely suggest to someone who is aspiring Baleno so badly
I'm not a brand Maruti fan and did my purchase in Oct 2015 already and no regrets about it. I was just too curious to know more about Baleno stories since last few months...that's pretty much about it.
Old 2nd May 2016, 22:33   #835

Well at this price segment the only other car which offers the same amount of space is the jazz and with the sort of issues that have been reported with the jazz, I guess we are left only with the Baleno.
Old 3rd May 2016, 18:51   #836
AKB
BHPian

After waiting for nearly 4.5 months and no promise of delivery even in next 6 weeks, I decided to cancel my Baleno booking. I liked the car and wanted it to be a replacement for my 2009 Swift VDI but my Nexa customer 'relationship' manager wouldn't respond to any queries. I had made the booking on 17th Jan 2016 and was promised 4-5 months, which was later revised to 5-6 months in early April. However, currently there are no updates. I settled for Ciaz VXI+ and will look for the other small car next year.
Old 3rd May 2016, 23:11   #837

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKB View Post
After waiting for nearly 4.5 months and no promise of delivery even in next 6 weeks, I decided to cancel my Baleno booking. I liked the car and wanted it to be a replacement for my 2009 Swift VDI but my Nexa customer 'relationship' manager wouldn't respond to any queries. I had made the booking on 17th Jan 2016 and was promised 4-5 months, which was later revised to 5-6 months in early April. However, currently there are no updates. I settled for Ciaz VXI+ and will look for the other small car next year.
Sad to know. Didn't they give you an update when you went for the cancellation?
Shouldn't they be worried if people are cancelling their bookings?
Old 3rd May 2016, 23:41   #838
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
That's sad buddy! Which variant and colour did you book? It's always better to give minimum 2 color choices for cars with huge waiting period.
Old 4th May 2016, 02:17   #839
BHPian

Quote:

And that's exactly what gets me worried. Maruti should really pull up their dealers for behaving this way. Either the dealers really have no updates or they don't care a penny. Whatever it is, after booking my baleno, I am following this thread closely and sadly every page has least 2 cancellation posts, leave aside the dissatisfied ones.

Maruti had quite a few blockbusters in the past, did they behave the same way or the so Nexa dealers are specially trained to keep customers pissed off??
Old 4th May 2016, 14:30   #840
AKB
BHPian

Nexa did not even ask me once why am I cancelling the booking. I had booked Granite Grey Delta, and was fine with any other colour or Xeta variant. However, I was told that original choice has best chances of early delivery, any change in color/model will be considered new booking

Interestingly, the dealer asked me to submit a photocopy of my credit card to process the refund cheque. I asked why can't be it sent electronically? their reply was - this is Maruti standard process. I was unwilling to give my CC photocopy with all details, so wrote them a letter with just CC number (which itself must be masked, but had no choice).

What is interesting is that the traditional Maruti dealer from whom I got my Ciaz was better behaved and more responsive. IMO, they should swap the branding.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks