Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 9th May 2016, 19:22   #871
BHPian

I don't feel great about my fellow teambhpians discussing much about how much FE a car gives or by what margin it beats another car in the same segment. Heck, we have a separate thread on FE figures.
Most of us don't drive much to really care about FE. Monthly fuel expense varies about ₹500 at max for most. Baleno beats i20 in sales by a small margin, does that matter, no it doesn't. What really matters is how good a car is as a product and that is subjective to one's needs. Hyundais are great at giving good quality overall, fit and finish, features, drivability for their petrols with stronger low end. Baleno is lighter in weight, hence quicker, got better handling etc. Features like auto headlamp might attract some whereas big touchscreens might impress others. Its all about priorities. The mango people give too much importance to FE. They are not informed like us and for that I thank God. Lets discuss about stuff that matter guys, thats it.
itsashishsharma is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th May 2016, 16:47   #872
BANNED

Re: Maruti Baleno : Official Review

Source: http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/suzuki/...no-2016-review

Baleno gets a thumbs up from UK.

Verdict:

"The Suzuki Baleno is a bit of a hidden gem in the supermini class – especially fitted with this excellent 1.0-litre three-cylinder petrol engine. If you can see beyond its rather dull styling inside and out, the Suzuki could be a great choice and capable of fulfilling all of your needs. It’s fun to drive, practical, comfortable and reasonably cheap to run. This SZ5 model comes loaded with standard equipment, too, and all for less than £14,000."
romeomidhun is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th May 2016, 18:26   #873
BHPian

Good news for people looking forward to booking the Baleno and Breeza though this might take a while to kick in

"Maruti to ramp up production of Brezza and Baleno"

"According to people in the know, the company is planning to increase the output of the Vitara Brezza by 30%-50% to 1.2 lakh units for the fiscal year that started in April. For the Baleno, the plan is to increase production by 10-15% to about 1.65 lakh"

News Source
http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/a...w/52205486.cms
AlphaLamb is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th May 2016, 00:27   #874
BHPian

Interestingly, Baleno has been provided with DRLs in fog lamp housing and Stunning Alloys as official accessories in Global market by Suzuki.

Cheers !!
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti Baleno : Official Review-image.jpeg  

kashyapz8055 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th May 2016, 14:30   #875

Booked baleno on Apr 22nd and the RM took acceptance signature from me for 22 to 25 weeks of waiting period. But, RM called me couple of days back saying the car is alloted and it is in transit and expected time would be 10 days. I asked how come. He said there was a cancellation and he is assigning that to me. Is there anything fishy to sense here?

I booked Zeta CVT. This booking is at Jayabheri Nexa, Gachibowli, Hyderabad

Last edited by ksriharish : 13th May 2016 at 14:47.
Old 13th May 2016, 14:47   #876
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksriharish View Post
Booked baleno on Apr 22nd and the RM took acceptance signature from me for 22 to 25 weeks of waiting period. But, RM called me couple of days back saying the car is alloted and it is in transit and expected time would be 10 days. I asked how come. He said there was a cancellation and he is assigning that to me. Is there anything fishy to sense here?

I booked Zeta CVT.
Zeta being relatively new, it perhaps didn't have much waiting list.
hkollar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th May 2016, 14:48   #877
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksriharish View Post

I booked Zeta CVT.
Since the car is not yet arrived, there won't be any issue, I guess - unless it is a rejected one from some other showroom.

The reason may be that Brezza eating into the Baleno bookings, and causing cancellations.
romeomidhun is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th May 2016, 00:42   #878
BHPian

Hi Guys, I got my Baleno Delta Petrol on the 31st December 2015. Clocked 6k kms in it and going strong. Overall pretty satisfied with the car, done the Mumbai Pune Expressway couple of times, 120kmph feels planted, 130-140 feel a bit too much and the car does not inspire confidence.
The accessories I got for my car initially were:
1 - Floor lamination, mud flaps, door visors and door anti-hit slips. (Showroom)
2 - Semi leather Black seat covers in white stitching (matches the black and silver interiors), Silver 3M Nomad type floor mats. (From a local accessory dealer).

Recently, got the window line chrome strips added to the car and kind of liked the looks of it. So I was thinking of getting a complete chrome kit for my car. Somethings on the like of this:
http://www.amazon.in/gp/product/B01BISSF5O/ref=s9_simh_gw_p263_d0_i3?pf_rd_m=A1VBAL9TL5WCBF&p f_rd_s=desktop-top&pf_rd_r=0M9MNWWHHXDQ28NGGRET&pf_rd_t=36701&pf_ rd_p=903443447&pf_rd_i=desktop
Now, what bothers me is that will these grills with miniscule holes between them affect the cooling of the car by any means?
Old 14th May 2016, 15:08   #879
BHPian

Hi all, any clues what's the wait status for bookings in Bangalore ? I have a Feb one and still no clues when I would be allotted a car. Even though I am out of country now, I can't wait more than end of June.
Old 14th May 2016, 15:54   #880
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiv_1984 View Post
Hi all, any clues what's the wait status for bookings in Bangalore ? I have a Feb one and still no clues when I would be allotted a car. Even though I am out of country now, I can't wait more than end of June.

I have done the booking in second week of January, in Bangalore. My RM has asked me not to call before June last week. So, the wait continues. Off late I tend to lose patience over this waiting period and I am thinking of going for i20.
Old 14th May 2016, 16:04   #881
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by autospeaker View Post
I have done the booking in second week of January, in Bangalore. My RM has asked me not to call before June last week. So, the wait continues. Off late I tend to lose patience over this waiting period and I am thinking of going for i20.

Agree that this getting overboard now. I called my RM in March end and he said they are delivering Dec,2015 bookings now which means a wait time of 4 months and this is @ Kalyani Nexa. Not sure what's going on. Let's see.
Shiv_1984 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th May 2016, 17:50   #882
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiv_1984 View Post
Agree that this getting overboard now. I called my RM in March end and he said they are delivering Dec,2015 bookings now which means a wait time of 4 months and this is @ Kalyani Nexa. Not sure what's going on. Let's see.
Yes we booked on 8 DEC 2015 , and we got our car alloted this week. Patience is the need of the hour for who have booked baleno
Old 15th May 2016, 13:39   #883
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by viv_cal View Post
Anybody else faced similar FE changes after 1st free service. I know that the first service is basically just a visual inspection rather than a proper service, but i fail to understand the drop in the FE.
Nope, this seems to be car specific, do get it checked.

My car (petrol alpha) has done 6k so far, I actually did a check this weekend when I had to drive to and fro my native (700 kms). While going, I drove the way I normally drive moderately spirited 2-3k rpm speeds upto 120 - FE of 17+ . While returning drove in the 70-90 kmph range - FE of 22+. So Sedate driving doess increase FE but in your case the diff seems too much so do check it.
Old 15th May 2016, 14:47   #884
BHPian

Is the Baleno petrol engine identical to swift engine, or are there some (minor) changes?
How about the gear box and the gear ratios? Are they identical to swift?
Old 17th May 2016, 17:59   #885
Senior - BHPian

I booked my car on 8th April - Sai service lower Parel, i got a call that car is in Transit and if i arrange Down payment, i can have the car in next 15-20 days.

I was also told to wait for 4-5 months.

Most Viewed