Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th May 2016, 03:48   #886
BHPian

Re: Maruti Baleno : Official Review

I had plans of buying a car in Dec'15 and had to postpone it due to personal reasons. I may buy one now and the confusion starts

How safe is Baleno? The car's body feels flimsy compared to my old car (VW Polo) and I'm worried about how it would protect the occupants in case of an unfortunate indecent.

I'm not sure whether this question has been answered already as I'm yet to read the previous comments.

TIA.
Old 18th May 2016, 05:31   #887

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astonite View Post
I had plans of buying a car in Dec'15 and had to postpone it due to personal reasons. I may buy one now and the confusion starts

How safe is Baleno? The car's body feels flimsy compared to my old car (VW Polo) and I'm worried about how it would protect the occupants in case of an unfortunate indecent.

I'm not sure whether this question has been answered already as I'm yet to read the previous comments.

TIA.
Polo is a sturdy beast and awesome car.I don't think we can draw comparison on strength and fit with any VW cars because any VW car wins hands down on this matter. But Baleno is like any other car in India in the likes of Hyundai's or Honda's. We have choose the best fit all round car.
Old 18th May 2016, 17:00   #888
BHPian

Quote:
I think this crash test should answer your concerns.

Last edited by Samurai : 19th May 2016 at 00:44. Reason: avoid quoting full posts
Old 18th May 2016, 19:36   #889
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AD007 View Post
I think this crash test should answer your concerns.
This is the export variant Baleno with 6 airbags and other safety aids. Even then it scored only 3 stars! The one that we get here hasn't been crash tested yet! We need to wait and watch!

Last edited by Samurai : 19th May 2016 at 00:44. Reason: avoid quoting full posts
Sebzgeo89 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th May 2016, 20:03   #890

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebzgeo89 View Post
This is the export variant Baleno with 6 airbags and other safety aids. Even then it scored only 3 stars! The one that we get here hasn't been crash tested yet! We need to wait and watch!
From what I read, the version with the safety pack got 4 stars and without safety pack, the one that we get in India, got 3 stars
sidrn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th May 2016, 21:29   #891
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
If safety is your highest priority, the Polo and the Liva are the only two sold-in-India cars that have passed crash tests.

I'd hold on to the Polo for a bit longer until other cars in the segment including the Baleno get tested in the coming months.
Old 18th May 2016, 22:12   #892
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidrn View Post
From what I read, the version with the safety pack got 4 stars and without safety pack, the one that we get in India, got 3 stars
The safety pack includes radar braking and such. The one that got 3 stars had 6 airbags. Either way there's no point in assuming. Unless and until they crash test the version that we get here, there's no way to know for sure!
Sebzgeo89 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th May 2016, 03:48   #893
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by McLaren Rulez View Post
If safety is your highest priority, the Polo and the Liva are the only two sold-in-India cars that have passed crash tests.
Punto and i20 can also be added to the list.
Old 19th May 2016, 03:54   #894
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waspune View Post
These cars passed the tests for their international variants, whereas Polo and Liva passed the tests for the 'made in India, made for India' cars and hence we don't need to hope that the structural integrity is same for the Indian version as compared to the international cars.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th May 2016, 07:16   #895
BHPian

Thanks guys. I sold my Polo (P) long back (reason being my usage was too high. 1 year 4 months = 38000kms).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waspune View Post
Both are there in the list.

OT: Before mods take action, I will continue the discussion in "What car?" Section and I'll tag these posts there with replies.

Mods: You can move/delete the posts if you think they don't belong here.
Old 19th May 2016, 09:41   #896
Senior - BHPian

Before we compare cars and draw conclusions, we must remember that 2016 crash tests were much more stringent than 2015.
So I am assuming a 3 star rating is acceptable score for a 2016 test.

As far as my booking in concerned, I will be getting my car by end of this month, I booked on 11th Apr.
Waiting for VIN number to arrive.

Does anyone know if they have Android auto head units available as accessory?

Last edited by silverado : 19th May 2016 at 09:47. Reason: addiing few lines
Old 20th May 2016, 10:56   #897
Distinguished - BHPian

India-made Suzuki Baleno launched in the UK, priced from £12,999. On Sale from June 1st.

Quote:
Suzuki UK has announced that the new India-made Baleno. It will be on sale in the UK from 1st June 2016. To be priced between £12,999 and £15,349 (INR 12.8 lakh and INR 15.11 lakh), the new Baleno will be the company’s first European model to be based on Suzuki’s new lightweight platform.

Baleno made European debut at the Frankfurt Motor Show last year. In the UK, new Suzuki Baleno is being offered in two trim levels, the entry-level SZT and top of the line SZ5.
In the UK, the five-door hatchback will be powered by a 1.0-liter, 3-cylinder, BoosterJet turbocharged petrol engine which is capable of 111 PS (109 hp) peak power and 170 Nm torque mated to a 5-speed manual transmission or 6-speed automatic transmission. It also gets a 1.2 liter DualJet petrol engine with Smart Hybrid Vehicle System (SHVS) which Suzuki claims has a combined fuel efficiency of 70.6 mpg (24.99 kmpl) and 94 g/km of CO2 emissions. SHVS system’s lithium ion battery pack is positioned under the front passenger seats.

Standard features on the Baleno include six airbags, 16-inch alloy wheels, HID headlights, satellite navigation, DAB Radio with USB and Bluetooth connectivity, cruise control with speed limiter and front power windows.On the higher SZ5 variants, the Baleno offers automatic climate control, rear power windows, a 4.2 inch central MID display, LED taillights, Adaptive Cruise Control and Radar Brake Support.

If they can make all this in India., wish they would sell it also here. Those who could afford the premium would buy it.

Source: Rushlane

Last edited by Rajeevraj : 20th May 2016 at 10:59.
Rajeevraj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd May 2016, 16:08   #898
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverado View Post
As far as my booking in concerned, I will be getting my car by end of this month, I booked on 11th Apr.
Waiting for VIN number to arrive.

That's quick!! Which variant did you book?
Old 22nd May 2016, 21:39   #899
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CLIX View Post
That's quick!! Which variant did you book?
Zeta Petrol - Premium Ray Blue.

Alloy wheel colour has changed now, it is gun metal grey from plain silver.

Accessories list is not so comprehensive in Nexa and they are eager to sell off Underbody coating and teflon coating.

Accessory Rear view camera is without grid lines and quality is sub par for the cost it is being offered.Also they are not ready to order OEM camera unless its an accident repair for alpha variant.

Also VIN number format seems to have changed, year and month is now in between 17 digit number and not at the end.
silverado is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd May 2016, 22:50   #900
BHPian

Congratulations Silverado.. looking forward for your car's pics. Alloy change is good. The previous alloys looked plain.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks