Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th June 2016, 12:31   #1036
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Maruti Baleno : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancer_maniac View Post
Dr, Thanks for the Info.But does this void the Warranty.And also Though its the same engine in Swift those are only manual.What will be the effect on CVT?
Warranty will be void if Maruti detects the remap. It is hard to detect by diagnostic tools available in service centre. It won't show any error codes. I had asked for Baleno petrol manual. Even CVT can be done. I don't know if it would help to reduce rubber band effect.
Old 14th June 2016, 12:32   #1037
BHPian

My friend is getting his delivery for Baleno Delta 1.2 today. He booked his car on 13th of march, the waiting period quoted was 6-7 months at the time of booking.
Because of the 100% refund of the booking amount i have seen many people booking in more than 1 showrooms and they end up cancelling the booking for the car which arrives late, also many folks run out of patience after one or two months.
If you can hang in there, there is a chance that one can get the Baleno in 3 months period and that i think is an acceptable waiting period for a newly launched high demand car, i remember same time periods when I20 Elite was launched.
nitinrawatdun is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th June 2016, 13:31   #1038
BHPian

Just wanted to add on some information on Baleno from Kathmandu, Nepal. One of my friends went to the showroom in a place called Thapathali in Kathmandu. For an amount of 1 lac Nepali Rupees he booked Petrol Zeta variant. The car costs 32.8 lacs Nepali Rupees here which is a few thousand over 20 lacs INR. (Its all due to 240% of tax levied, probably one of the highest in the world!) They mentioned that they already have a booking for 500 Balenos and that delivery would be possible in a month which is great considering the waiting period of 5 months in India. So far, they have delivered 179 Balenos in Nepal. Similarly, the people at showroom informed that the vitara brezza would be launched in two months here.
amitjha086 is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 14th June 2016, 13:52   #1039
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Naren View Post
Kiirus has remapped couple of Swifts with 1.2 L K series engine. I had contacted them regarding Baleno. They told it's doable and would be a bench flash. But I don't think it's worth to pay so much for just 8-10 BHP gain.
What might be worth is you can almost cure the Rubber band effect from the CVT, They have done it previously on other CVT's so i can't see any reason they can do it on the Baleno one, So in the end it might just be worth it along with a small power bump and not a lot rubber band effect, But yeah the costing of a remap itself i feel is a little on the higher side.

Quote:
Warranty will be void if Maruti detects the remap. It is hard to detect by diagnostic tools available in service centre. It won't show any error codes. I had asked for Baleno petrol manual. Even CVT can be done. I don't know if it would help to reduce rubber band effect.
But its rarely possible for any manufacturer to detect a remapped car.

Last edited by Tanveer_2558 : 14th June 2016 at 13:54. Reason: Adding content
Tanveer_2558 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th June 2016, 14:54   #1040
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanveer_2558 View Post

But its rarely possible for any manufacturer to detect a remapped car.
It is not difficult to detect a remap. If service centre guys suspect a remap and look for it, it would be detected for sure. A simple log of values from diagnostic tool and comparing with stock values is enough.
Old 14th June 2016, 14:58   #1041
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
It is not difficult to detect a remap. If service centre guys suspect a remap and look for it, it would be detected for sure. A simple log of values from diagnostic tool and comparing with stock values is enough.
Oh yea, I meant the service centre.

Speaking from experience its difficult at times for the service centre guys to detect a left side pulling of the car, Having dealt with most of the service service centre with different manufacturers.

Only a BMW was detected which was running a remap, That too was because the car had some issues and to find those they had to dig deeper and they found the car was remapped, To which obviously they voided the warranty of the car.
Old 14th June 2016, 15:03   #1042
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanveer_2558 View Post
Oh yea, I meant the service centre.

Speaking from experience its difficult at times for the service centre guys to detect a left side pulling of the car, Having dealt with most of the service service centre with different manufacturers.

Only a BMW was detected which was running a remap, That too was because the car had some issues and to find those they had to dig deeper and they found the car was remapped, To which obviously they voided the warranty of the car.
Yes, I agree. Remaps are not detected usually because service guys don't look for it. Regular diagnostic scan won't throw any error codes. My SX4 is remapped post warranty period. During a routine diagnostic scan during service, SA noticed high boost value. He asked if I have done remap . It is not a problem since my car is out of warranty.

During any warranty claims for engine components, manufacturers ask the service centre to drive the car with diagnostic tool. Service guys send snapshot of logs to manufacturer and they will definitely detect remap.

Remap is not impossible to detect, just that nobody looks for it in particular.

Last edited by Dr.Naren : 14th June 2016 at 15:05.
Old 14th June 2016, 15:05   #1043
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Yes, I agree. Remaps are not detected usually because service guys don't look for it. Regular diagnostic scan won't throw any error codes. My SX4 is remapped post warranty period. During a routine diagnostic scan during service, SA noticed high boost value. He asked if I have done remap . It is not a problem since my car is out of warranty.
Yup, I too have planned to remap my jetta after the warranty gets over in August, Won't matter what they detect then.

Quote:
During any warranty claims for engine components, manufacturers ask the service centre to drive the car with diagnostic tool. Service guys send snapshot of logs to manufacturer and they will definitely detect remap.

Remap is not impossible to detect, just that nobody looks for it in particular.
Yea only if something major goes wrong in the car, And if the issue is escalated further, The remap would definitely show up.

Last edited by Tanveer_2558 : 14th June 2016 at 15:16.
Tanveer_2558 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th June 2016, 15:40   #1044
BHPian

Looks like Maruti is sending service personnel to do the Airbag software update at home. I got a call from ASS this morning, and the person came down and did the update for my Baleno. Hardly takes 10 mins.

Just letting people who haven't done it yet know, so that they can save a visit to the Service Center.
Old 14th June 2016, 16:40   #1045

I have Baleno Alpha Petrol. I am aware that the petrol engine does not get the engine cover and also the fuel sump is exposed. Is it really necessary to do under body anti rust coating for the Baleno as there is literally no body underneath?

It would be great if someone can clarify this as the rainy season is approaching.
Old 14th June 2016, 17:46   #1046
BHPian

Wanted to check with existing users if there is any value in purchasing NEXA card for 1145 bucks?

Also they are quoting rs 7560 for basic accessories which includes mats, mud flaps, cushions, steering leather wrap etc. I have not seen them I person and wanted to check if the quality is good especially for the cushion.
Old 14th June 2016, 19:06   #1047
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by y448 View Post
Also they are quoting rs 7560 for basic accessories which includes mats, mud flaps, cushions, steering leather wrap etc. I have not seen them I person and wanted to check if the quality is good especially for the cushion.
Floor mats are of decent quality but if you want better ones then look around on Amazon or Ebay. Also, the ones from Maruti doesn't come with a mat for rear floor hump.

I personally really love the velvet wrapped cushions, very soft to feel and cushy.

The soft leather steering cover that comes from the factory is much better to hold and look at but the one that comes as an accessories feels cheaper in comparison.
Old 14th June 2016, 19:17   #1048
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by achu411 View Post
Is it really necessary to do under body anti rust coating for the Baleno as there is literally no body underneath?
All modern vehicles come with corrosion protection from the factory, and strictly speaking, it is not required unless you are using the vehicle in highly corrosive environment or abusing the vehicle in such a manner that frequent underbody hits are common, peeling off the factory coating and exposing the platform's sheet metal through which corrosion may set in.
I happened to use my old, 1st generation Swift in Chennai for 5 years , without any underbody coating and did not face any corrosion issues.

If you wish, you may explore the plethora of underbody coating options available in the market today. The better one's, i hear, are from 3M and Wurth. I think Maruti also has an approved undercoating which their service outlets sells as an aftermarket job.
Old 14th June 2016, 21:01   #1049
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by y448 View Post
Wanted to check with existing users if there is any value in purchasing NEXA card for 1145 bucks?
Nexa card is optional. Dad had got Nexa card when we bought baleno. He filled in referral form and got 1400 points when I purchased S-Cross .
Old 16th June 2016, 18:25   #1050

I had booked Zeta 1.2 from Rana Nexa, New Delhi in last week of February and the RM just called to say the car has been allotted to me and it has reached their yard. He is asking to arrange payment within five days or else it will be allotted to the next person in the WL. He has given a six digit chasis no. and seven digit engine number (all numerals). When I asked for VIN number, he says the six digit chasis number is the VIN number. Is it true? AFIK, VIN no. contains numerals and alphabets and 11 or 12 letters long.
Please help

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks