Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th June 2016, 12:34   #1051
BHPian

Re: Maruti Baleno : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by aarcee View Post
I had booked Zeta 1.2 from Rana Nexa, New Delhi in last week of February and the RM just called to say the car has been allotted to me and it has reached their yard. He is asking to arrange payment within five days or else it will be allotted to the next person in the WL. He has given a six digit chasis no. and seven digit engine number (all numerals). When I asked for VIN number, he says the six digit chasis number is the VIN number. Is it true? AFIK, VIN no. contains numerals and alphabets and 11 or 12 letters long.
Please help
As far as i know Vin no and Chasis no is the same, atleast here in India from what i have seen.
For further clarifications check out http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...dian-cars.html
Old 17th June 2016, 17:56   #1052
BHPian

Any guesses on how much more a CVT might depreciate, say in 4 years, compared to a manual, - same mileage.
Old 17th June 2016, 18:01   #1053
BHPian

Quote:
I had booked Zeta 1.2 from Rana Nexa, New Delhi in last week of February and the RM just called to say the car has been allotted to me and it has reached their yard. He is asking to arrange payment within five days or else it will be allotted to the next person in the WL. He has given a six digit chasis no. and seven digit engine number (all numerals). When I asked for VIN number, he says the six digit chasis number is the VIN number. Is it true? AFIK, VIN no. contains numerals and alphabets and 11 or 12 letters long.
Please help
To check for manufacturing year and month, look for the 10th and 11th positions in VIN. Its written on the body panel near driver's door lower portion. Last 6 digits (12th position onward) of the VIN make up for chassis number.
Old 17th June 2016, 21:24   #1054
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
He has given a six digit chasis no. and seven digit engine number (all numerals). When I asked for VIN number, he says the six digit chasis number is the VIN number. Is it true? AFIK, VIN no. contains numerals and alphabets and 11 or 12 letters long.
Please help
RM will not have the complete 17 digit VIN. I was also worried just like you.
Since the car is already in yard, give her a look before you make the payment.

And as mentioned in above posts, its the bit number 11 and 12 which are the most important.
Do compare the picture of VIN number in this review for your reference.

Last edited by silverado : 17th June 2016 at 21:25.
Old 17th June 2016, 23:15   #1055

Thanks. Today I got the 17 digit VIN number which is MA3EWB22SGExxxxxx. As per experts in the fora, G means 2016 and E, May (10th and 11th digits). Hope it is true. And to my surprise, the RM readily agreed that I can see the vehicle before registration. In fact he said it is the policy of Rana Motors that every customer should check the vehicle and satisfy himself before the papers are moved for registration. I think it may take some more days before I can see the car in flesh. Eagerly waiting for the same.
aarcee is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th June 2016, 06:18   #1056
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks. Today I got the 17 digit VIN number which is MA3EWB22SGExxxxxx. As per experts in the fora, G means 2016 and E, May (10th and 11th digits). Hope it is true. And to my surprise, the RM readily agreed that I can see the vehicle before registration. In fact he said it is the policy of Rana Motors that every customer should check the vehicle and satisfy himself before the papers are moved for registration. I think it may take some more days before I can see the car in flesh. Eagerly waiting for the same.
Congratulations !!!

Why you are surprised when RM agreed? That's your right to see and check the vehicle before it gets registered on your name.
Old 19th June 2016, 15:49   #1057

Because many customers reported that the showroom guys are reluctant to allow PDI. One of my friends got delivery last month (not from Rana Nexa) but he could not see the vehicle before the delivery date. BTW, today the RM informed that the car will reach their place by Tuesday and I can inspect it before payment is made
Old 20th June 2016, 20:37   #1058
Distinguished - BHPian

Baleno's bookings on the rise.
So far it has delivered 64,000 units in the domestic market and has an 8-month booking.

Quote:
the petrol sales is at 60 percent of the total with the diesel portfolio contributing the balance. The most sought-after trim at the Nexa outlet continues to be the Delta edition in the mid-trim level both in the petrol and diesel options.
http://www.autocarpro.in/news-nation...ary-2017-20343
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st June 2016, 05:56   #1059
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nik_kapur View Post
This is a pic from BK Tyres Lajpat Nagar Delhi's Facebook page. Jitesh Kapoor the owner does an amazing job with the cars. These are Momo Wheels, heres a another image from his collection
Hello friends, this is my first post in this forum. this white baleno with momo that you all see actually belongs to me. These were the first alloys i had installed on the car when i took it off the lot. I have changed about 5 different alloys and tyre patterns since about 8 months of ownership.
Harmansingh09 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st June 2016, 08:59   #1060
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harmansingh09 View Post
Hello friends, this is my first post in this forum. this white baleno with momo that you all see actually belongs to me. These were the first alloys i had installed on the car when i took it off the lot. I have changed about 5 different alloys and tyre patterns since about 8 months of ownership.
Have you changed 5 different alloy sets in 8 months? or have you checked 5 alloy sets and finalised this one?
Old 21st June 2016, 10:53   #1061
BHPian

I used them all actually. Just lost interest after seeing them on for say a month.I did post all the alloys with pictures and details at the end
Old 21st June 2016, 11:23   #1062
BHPian

Does NEXA guys install fog lamps on delta models as an accessory? If yes please let me know the cost for the installation
Old 21st June 2016, 14:32   #1063
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harmansingh09 View Post
I used them all actually. Just lost interest after seeing them on for say a month.I did post all the alloys with pictures and details at the end
You mean to say that you brought all the alloys and sold it off?
In my opinion the momo alloys look the best for Baleno.
Old 21st June 2016, 20:51   #1064
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by y448 View Post
Does NEXA guys install fog lamps on delta models as an accessory? If yes please let me know the cost for the installation

Yes the do sir. It costs 3500 with installation at nexa
Old 22nd June 2016, 11:23   #1065
BHPian

To the prospective owners waiting for delivery of their Baleno.

Maruti to ramp up Baleno production

Business standard reports.
Source Link below.
http://www.business-standard.com/art...2100518_1.html

Excepts from report.
MSIL has gradually doubled production of Baleno to around 12,000 a month in the past few months to meet domestic and export requirement.
Unquote
This means, with a domestic sale of over 10K last month, exports is a paltry 2K.

"It is not only Maruti Suzuki alone. There are close to 250 (company) vendors in the supply chain. They also need to ramp up their production, investments and capacities. So, it takes time. Towards the second part of the year, we would be able to increase the volume," Kalsi told.
Unquote

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks