Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd June 2016, 12:28   #1066
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Maruti Baleno : Official Review

Baleno production to be ramped up at Maruti's Gujarat plant to meet demand and reduce waiting period.

Source: Maruti to ramp up Baleno output, gears up for Suzuki's Gujarat pilot
NPV is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd June 2016, 14:22   #1067
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by y448 View Post
Does NEXA guys install fog lamps on delta models as an accessory? If yes please let me know the cost for the installation

I was quoted 5000 with taxes for the fog lamp installation. Any reason why such a difference of 1500 rs from dealer to dealer?
Old 23rd June 2016, 03:57   #1068
Distinguished - BHPian

Found this nice video which helps people visualise the available accessories better

Regards,
Shashi
Leoshashi is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2016, 07:40   #1069
Distinguished - BHPian

Suzuki Baleno vs Honda Jazz vs Nissan Note - compared in UK.

Verdict -First place: Suzuki Baleno
Quote:
-At this level, cost is a big factor, but just because the Baleno is impressively affordable to buy and run, it doesn’t mean you have to compromise. It’s the cheapest car here but has the most kit, while the practicality on offer makes it usable every day. If you can look past the styling, the Suzuki is an honest, cheap and flexible supermini that’s also surprisingly good to drive.
http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/suzuki/...vs-nissan-note

Last edited by volkman10 : 23rd June 2016 at 07:41.
Old 23rd June 2016, 09:03   #1070
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Found this nice video which helps people visualise the available accessories better
I have never really liked the looks of Baleno and personally prefer the Elite I20 more. But as the 'Big Daddy' folks showcased, some good looking rims can change the stance completely.

W.r.t the available accessories from Nexa, IMO:

- Sub-woofer is a great offering
- Sports pedals are awesome
- Probably the seat fabric options are not bad as well

The rest are either waste of time/money or just repeated (Door Visors, Mud flaps) all over the presentation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post

Honestly volkman10, between Baleno and Jazz, I somehow can live happier with the former. Jazz just doesn't make the cut for me.

I can only imagine how good the Baleno will really be if Maruti offer it with 1.0L Turbocharged Petrol Engine and 90PS DDiS engine.
Old 23rd June 2016, 09:12   #1071
BHPian

I'm sharing some information to current and prospective buyers on service facilities for NEXA cars like the Baleno at regular Maruti service stations. For fixing dents and repainting, I was informed by my nearest service station in Bangalore that "Maruti has not authorized regular Maruti service stations to perform body work and painting on NEXA cars" and therefore for fixing scratches and dents, we should visit a NEXA supported service station. I faced the hassle while attempting to fix dents and scratches on my Baleno's bumper. Only regular service is performed at the Maruti service stations as of now.
spsam is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2016, 09:30   #1072
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/suzuki/...vs-nissan-note
That's a really short comparison. The main reason they declared Baleno as the winner over Jazz is because of the value for money factor (more equipment at a lower price); not because they feel it's a superior car over the Jazz. And I fully agree with that. The Baleno is indeed a better value for money than any other car in it's class.
Surprisingly, they did not talk about safety at all. Baleno scored a mediocre 3* in the Euro NCAP test where Jazz got 5* and is considered the safest car in it's class by euro NCAP (Source: euro NCAP website)
Old 23rd June 2016, 12:54   #1073
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adimicra View Post
The main reason they declared Baleno as the winner over Jazz is because of the value for money factor (more equipment at a lower price); not because they feel it's a superior car over the Jazz.
Umm did you miss the part where they mentioned that the Baleno was the best equipped and most fun to drive of the lot?

Quote:
Originally Posted by adimicra View Post
Surprisingly, they did not talk about safety at all. Baleno scored a mediocre 3* in the Euro NCAP test where Jazz got 5* and is considered the safest car in it's class by euro NCAP (Source: euro NCAP website)
Yes this point is very depressing especially considering the stance Suzuki used to have with the European Swift earning top ratings when it was launched, the Kizashi outclassing its rivals years after it was launched, and the new Vitara and S-Cross scoring top marks in their euro guise. That is the single biggest gripe with the Baleno and a massive one at that.
Old 23rd June 2016, 13:30   #1074
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Q View Post
I was quoted 5000 with taxes for the fog lamp installation. Any reason why such a difference of 1500 rs from dealer to dealer?
I also wanted to get the fog lamps added to the Delta variant but was told that its not available as a NEXA accessory and has to be done at the service center. But the service center guy informed me that its not possible to fit the fog lamps and it will void the warranty. I wonder why the change in statements across dealerships and service centers.

Last edited by farooq817 : 23rd June 2016 at 13:32.
Old 23rd June 2016, 15:19   #1075
Senior - BHPian

Baleno's styling is great except its front grill and headlamp. I personally feel that there is too much chrome usage too.

Just photoshopped a slightly different look on Baleno - chrome is deleted, and extended the headlamps into the vast empty area between the grill and the headlamp.

Maruti Baleno : Official Review-marutibaleno04_front_makeover.jpg
clevermax is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 24th June 2016, 08:03   #1076
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by clevermax View Post
Baleno's styling is great except its front grill and headlamp. I personally feel that there is too much chrome usage too.

Just photoshopped a slightly different look on Baleno - chrome is deleted, and extended the headlamps into the vast empty area between the grill and the headlamp.
The chrome should be color specific. For shades like Blue (and possibly black if ever released) it actually looks quiet good.
Personally I feel Baleno is the best looker among all the premium hatches currently.
Old 24th June 2016, 17:45   #1077
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by farooq817 View Post
..But the service center guy informed me that its not possible to fit the fog lamps and it will void the warranty. I wonder why the change in statements across dealerships and service centers.
If the lamps are offered as an accessory, how will the warranty be void? The reason why they are offering is because they want the customers to buy it. And any work done in the A$$ will keep warranty intact, why pay the additional money other wise!

You should check with other service centres close by and get this done by those who are ready to. The guy probably doesn't want to spend time fixing the lamps due to the workload or so.
Old 25th June 2016, 10:40   #1078
BHPian

I have a question for all Baleno owners, the especially ones in Bangalore.

Is the ground clearance of Baleno adequate? On paper 170mm looks fine, but at the NEXA showroom I have seen the rear of the car sags considerably when loaded. This is also highlighted in the official review. I had recently driven a Ciaz from ZoomCar & it made me cringe every time it scraped over any moderately sized speed breaker!

How are your cars holding up against the horrendous Bangalore roads? No scraping of the underside when loaded with people & luggage I hope.

I currently own a Chevy Beat, running on 175/65/R14 Yokohama Earth1s & GC has never been an issue. Sometime next year I will be looking to add a second car and the Baleno ticks all the right boxes. Just wanted a confirmation from the owners as this is the only point of concern, making me consider the i20 Active over Baleno.
Old 25th June 2016, 23:12   #1079
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by red.devil_19 View Post

Is the ground clearance of Baleno adequate? On paper 170mm looks fine, but at the NEXA showroom I have seen the rear of the car sags considerably when loaded. This is also highlighted in the official review. I had recently driven a Ciaz from ZoomCar & it made me cringe every time it scraped over any moderately sized speed breaker!
Ground clearance of Baleno is more than sufficient for Bangalore roads, been driving it for the last 9 months - not one scratch so far in Bangalore. The only time I had a minor scrap was on a village road going over a badly designed speed breaker with 5 people on board. On our normal highways and Bangalore roads you shouldn't have an issue.
aravindkumarp is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th June 2016, 00:28   #1080
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by red.devil_19 View Post

How are your cars holding up against the horrendous Bangalore roads? No scraping of the underside when loaded with people & luggage I hope.
Ground clearance is pretty good. I have driven on Bangalore roads and did not manage to scrap even a single speed breaker. I have scrapped the front bumper once while driving over a huge pothole (couldn't avoid).
Dr.Naren is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks