Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th June 2016, 23:59   #1096
BHPian

Re: Maruti Baleno : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Naren View Post
What was the issue in your headlights? I think it's 22K including tax. My SA had said it's around 20K.
They wouldn't be steady.

They'd be dancing up and down on an uneven road.

I complained on day 2, got some usual bullshit saying that's how projectors are.

After 1 week for first service they told me they tightened it and its better, but i didn't see any noticeable change.

Went after a week and raised a job card with only that on the complaint. Then they agreed and placed an order. Part took 5 days to come.
slicvic is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th June 2016, 09:02   #1097
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by slicvic View Post
They wouldn't be steady.

They'd be dancing up and down on an uneven road.

I complained on day 2, got some usual bullshit saying that's how projectors are.

After 1 week for first service they told me they tightened it and its better, but i didn't see any noticeable change.

Went after a week and raised a job card with only that on the complaint. Then they agreed and placed an order. Part took 5 days to come.
I have same issue in my S-Cross Alpha. After I posted it here, fellow Bhpian's also reported the same. I think it's a common issue with projector setup in Baleno and S-Cross. I will also do the same like you for my S-Cross .

Your location says KA 19, Which service centre did you visit in Mangalore?

Last edited by Dr.Naren : 27th June 2016 at 09:06.
Dr.Naren is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th June 2016, 09:51   #1098
BHPian

Quote:
I have same issue in my S-Cross Alpha. After I posted it here, fellow Bhpian's also reported the same. I think it's a common issue with projector setup in Baleno and S-Cross. I will also do the same like you for my S-Cross .

Your location says KA 19, Which service centre did you visit in Mangalore?

I visit the Mandovi service center. For all warranty issues its better you visit the same place you bought your car from. They would be more receptive to your issues.

Quote:
Baleno alpha owners, I have a question regarding the lights

Is the main beam at a steady plane or does it keep vibrating?
The beam on my car is never steady and has an up and down movement most of the time.

Is this normal on cars with projector light?
Or is it the case with the Baleno
Or is it the case only in my car.
I had posted my query too. But it remained unanswered. Hence thought it was an issue only with my car.
Old 27th June 2016, 09:58   #1099
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I visit the Mandovi service center. For all warranty issues its better you visit the same place you bought your car from. They would be more receptive to your issues.

I had posted my query too. But it remained unanswered. Hence thought it was an issue only with my car.
Yes, I agree. I have bought both Baleno and S-Cross from Mandovi Nexa, Mangalore. I will ask them to open job card about this complaint.

Many have complained about "dancing projectors" in Baleno and S-Cross. Maruti had told it's normal. I read about it in fb page, what's app groups etc. I had posted about the same in S-Cross thread and few others reported the same. It's high time Maruti replace/improve the headlight assembly.
Old 27th June 2016, 10:05   #1100
BHPian

Quote:
I will ask them to open job card about this complaint.
Tip: Go and keep your car after 8 PM, your regular service advisor is unlikely to be there, and the guy who takes down the job card will accept it. The regular service advisors tend to give you all sorts of reasons.
But once a job card is opened they have to sort out the issue.

I kept my car for 2 days and refused to accept it till they admitted there is an issue.

Quote:
It's high time Maruti replace/improve the headlight assembly.
Don't have high hopes after the replacement. It became better, but the vibration / dancing of the headlights is still there. It's just that, it's not that distracting anymore.
Old 27th June 2016, 10:06   #1101
BHPian

Hello everyone,

I completed the 6 month service over the weekend for my Baleno Delta. The car has been performing really well so far and I have been able to get a fuel efficiency of around 15kmpl with AC on almost 100%. This is along with one of the busiest roads that I need to travel in Hyderabad. Unfortunately, just after the car came back home from the second service, I had the first scratch on the car because of a stupid biker who decided to park his bike in the middle of a crowded street and I had no way to avoid touching it, else I would have hit an auto with the front bumper.
Now it is a very minor scratch right above the fuel tank lid and it is not visible from a distance. But i want to know what best can be done to remove the scratch. Are the scratch removal pens available online any good? Has anyone had a personal experience with them and share the brand that was used? Any help in this regard would be really helpful.
I have attached a picture for reference.
Maruti Baleno : Official Review-baleno_scratch.jpg
Old 27th June 2016, 10:10   #1102
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Tip: Go and keep your car after 8 PM, your regular service advisor is unlikely to be there, and the guy who takes down the job card will accept it. The regular service advisors tend to give you all sorts of reasons.
But once a job card is opened they have to sort out the issue.

I kept my car for 2 days and refused to accept it till they admitted there is an issue.

Don't have high hopes after the replacement. It became better, but the vibration / dancing of the headlights is still there. It's just that, it's not that distracting anymore.
That's bad news now. Vibration is not bothering me much. Yes, I can appreciate it if I look for it in particular. Maruti should change the design or provide strong mounting. Did you report the same issue again to them?
Old 27th June 2016, 10:15   #1103
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by farooq817 View Post
Now it is a very minor scratch right above the fuel tank lid and it is not visible from a distance. But i want to know what best can be done to remove the scratch. Are the scratch removal pens available online any good? Has anyone had a personal experience with them and share the brand that was used? Any help in this regard would be really helpful.
In my experience these scratch removal pens are only decent on plain gloss paint with no metallic flakes. Take the car to Prabhu in New Mars, have it checked out by him whenever you have the time. You can let him know I referred you as well. In all probability just some rubbing compound ought to do the trick. If the scratch is too deep, then I trust that he will do the best job for you
IshaanIan is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 27th June 2016, 10:39   #1104
BHPian

Quote:
Did you report the same issue again to them?

Not yet. Car just finished the 10,000 Km service. Will wait to see if it increases. Will complain at the 11th month and see if they replace it again.
Old 27th June 2016, 10:42   #1105
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Not yet. Car just finished the 10,000 Km service. Will wait to see if it increases. Will complain at the 11th month and see if they replace it again.
What's the point of replacing it again and again if the issue persists. I guess Baleno and S-Cross use same projector setup and vibration issue is reported in both the cars. Maruti could have atleast corrected this when they launched Baleno. I hope Maruti comes up with permanent fix.
Old 27th June 2016, 10:46   #1106
BHPian

Quote:
What's the point of replacing it again and again if the issue persists.
Hoping that by then they have some fix for it. Surely I'm not the only person who has complained to them.
For such issues they generally tighten the quality after complaints or change the vendor.
Old 27th June 2016, 10:49   #1107
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Hoping that by then they have some fix for it. Surely I'm not the only person who has complained to them.
For such issues they generally tighten the quality after complaints or change the vendor.
Wise decision. It's better to wait sometime and raise the issue. I too hope Maruti comes up with a fix. Let's give them some more time
Old 27th June 2016, 13:31   #1108
BHPian

Quote:
Are the scratch removal pens available online any good? Has anyone had a personal experience with them and share the brand that was used? Any help in this regard would be really helpful.
IMO the scratch pens aren't that effective. Better to go for the com paint scratch remover kit. They normally have the kit for all the colours. I have used it and though it requires some patience, it's highly effective.
Old 27th June 2016, 14:27   #1109
BHPian

Quote:
Hello everyone,

I have attached a picture for reference.
Attachment 1521729
I find dupont pens to be very effective. They are available in amazon. I used it to fill a scratch on front right fender on my autumn orange baleno.

In my previous cars I have used a rubbing compound called scratch out. Unfortunately it is not available easily these days.
Old 27th June 2016, 14:34   #1110
Senior - BHPian

I can vouch for scratch out, but beware of spurious rip offs. Its rare to find the original these days. Turtle Wax Scratch Repair Pen worked for me as well.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks