Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th June 2016, 06:46   #1126
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Naren View Post
This is quite expensive buddy. I am getting projector retrofit done next week from Xenon Planet. I have decided to go for Mini super v2 projector.

Pricing :

1. Mini H1 projector kit : 11,000 Rs

2. Mini Super V2 projector kit : 14,500 Rs

3. Mini D2S projector kit : 16,500 Rs

4. Hella E55 projector kit : 19,500 Rs

5. FXR V3 : 21,500 Rs

DRL (3,500 rs) + Installation (4,500 Rs)

Even if you buy new headlight assembly and retrofit, it will not cost above 40K for FXR V3 retrofit from Xenon Planet.

Low quality AES generation one projectors are flooded in our market. These are basically Mini H1 projectors (but grade 2/grade 3). Most of the aftermarket headlights with projector setup and projector retrofit done in local accessory shops are the same AES Mini H1.

Sir, i was just about to refer them. I booked them in for my CRETA headlight modifications in delhi as i am waiting for them to resume operations back.
AES projectors are just not good. I have had them in my grand i10 for about a year and i think one of them is about to end its life as the shroud and the glass is starting to get yellowish tint.
I would be asking xenon planet to operate on it too once AES ones pass warranty.
I prefer xenon planet as well but do opt for the optional ballasts for 2.5k,those help in heating them bulbs up a bit faster

Last edited by benbsb29 : 29th June 2016 at 07:38. Reason: Edited for readability.
Harmansingh09 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th June 2016, 08:56   #1127
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Maruti Baleno : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harmansingh09 View Post
Sir, i was just about to refer them. I booked them in for my CRETA headlight modifications in delhi as i am waiting for them to resume operations back.
AES projectors are just not good. I have had them in my grand i10 for about a year and i think one of them is about to end its life as the shroud and the glass is starting to get yellowish tint.
I would be asking xenon planet to operate on it too once AES ones pass warranty.
I prefer xenon planet as well but do opt for the optional ballasts for 2.5k,those help in heating them bulbs up a bit faster
Yes, I have AES setup in my SX4 and brightness is reduced after using for 3 months. Xenon planet provides good quality projectors for VFM price. I know about the new 55W ballasts by XP with less than 5 seconds start up time. It is out of stock now, so I would be getting a regular 55W ballast and upgrade to new ballasts later.
Cheers!!
Old 29th June 2016, 12:38   #1128
Distinguished - BHPian

My friend has a Alpha petrol. Since the day of delivery, we observed the projector light beam flicker when the car goes through undulations, as if the light unit was loose. He reported this in the first service and MASS claimed that they tightened it. I observed closely and I still see the flicker during road bumps and speedbreakers. And most probably, it's one side only (instead of both sides earlier). Is this behavior normal for any projectors? Has anyone faced this issue?
Old 29th June 2016, 12:53   #1129
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashis89 View Post
Is this behavior normal for any projectors? Has anyone faced this issue?
BHPian Slicvic had got replacement under warranty for the projectors as he was too facing that "dancing projectors" issue. Check this post :

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offici...ml#post4004169
a4anurag is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th June 2016, 13:42   #1130
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by slicvic View Post
They wouldn't be steady.

They'd be dancing up and down on an uneven road.

I complained on day 2, got some usual bullshit saying that's how projectors are.

After 1 week for first service they told me they tightened it and its better, but i didn't see any noticeable change.

Went after a week and raised a job card with only that on the complaint. Then they agreed and placed an order. Part took 5 days to come.
Hi,

Is your problem solved after the replacement? My friend's car is facing the same problem and as you described, they tightened it at the first service. But the problem is still there.

regards,
Ashis
Old 29th June 2016, 14:26   #1131
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
My friend has a Alpha petrol. Since the day of delivery, we observed the projector light beam flicker when the car goes through undulations, as if the light unit was loose. He reported this in the first service and MASS claimed that they tightened it. I observed closely and I still see the flicker during road bumps and speedbreakers. And most probably, it's one side only (instead of both sides earlier). Is this behavior normal for any projectors? Has anyone faced this issue?
I have the same issue in my S-Cross Alpha. It is a common problem in S-Cross and Baleno Alpha variants.

Quote:
Hi,

Is your problem solved after the replacement? My friend's car is facing the same problem and as you described, they tightened it at the first service. But the problem is still there.

regards,
Ashis
Please read the posts(#1096 to #1107). Problem was not fully resolved even after replacement. Maruti should change the design or provide better mounting.

Last edited by Dr.Naren : 29th June 2016 at 14:27.
Old 29th June 2016, 15:01   #1132
Distinguished - BHPian

Baleno Recall : Suspension

This is not a confirmed news. Somebody posted in Official Baleno Owners FB page that he had spoken to territory service head and got information that Maruti is going to recall Baleno for suspension upgrade in August. Many owners have complained about bumpy ride and I hope this news is true.
Dr.Naren is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 29th June 2016, 16:22   #1133
Senior - BHPian

My Baleno is barely month old, has done 900kms till now.
There is a creaking noise coming from behind/under the steering wheel.

It like when you are seating on reclining chair, and when you tilt the creaking noise comes.

It does not come when I hit a bump/pothole but comes once in a while.
I believe it is coming from steering column.

Will try a few setting of the column to see if comes.
Has any one experienced this?

FE has been good throughout.
MID showing 17.8 for entire 900kms.
Old 29th June 2016, 18:00   #1134
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverado View Post
My Baleno is barely month old, has done 900kms till now.
There is a creaking noise coming from behind/under the steering wheel.

It like when you are seating on reclining chair, and when you tilt the creaking noise comes.

It does not come when I hit a bump/pothole but comes once in a while.
I believe it is coming from steering column.

Will try a few setting of the column to see if comes.
Has any one experienced this?

FE has been good throughout.
MID showing 17.8 for entire 900kms.
Report it to MASS, you can ask for replacement under warranty. I have driven 7000 KM and no such issues. FE is the best part in Baleno. I get 22+ on highways and average 17-18. This is more than my diesel cars. Tomorrow I am driving to Bangalore in my Baleno .
Dr.Naren is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th June 2016, 23:36   #1135
Distinguished - BHPian

Pic shared by VM CUSTOMS, Mangalore : Carbon Fibre Wrap On My Baleno
Maruti Baleno : Official Review-fb_img_1467223346562.jpg

Gloss Black Wrap done on another Baleno by VM CUSTOMS
Maruti Baleno : Official Review-fb_img_1467223701954.jpg

Last edited by Dr.Naren : 29th June 2016 at 23:40.
Dr.Naren is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 30th June 2016, 00:22   #1136
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Suzuki Baleno Servicing Trivandrum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sachin4920 View Post
BHPians please enlighten me. I had booked a Baleno Zeta 1.3 couple of weeks back and yet to receive it. Might get it in another couple of weeks. Since Nexa Trivandrum hasn't started their service center yet, the dealership guy suggested me to take mine to Sarathy Motors Trivandrum for all services. My question is, is it okay if I get my new buy serviced from any of the genuine Maruti Authorized Service Centers in Trivandrum? Because I have one very near to where I stay so was thinking it is okay.
Normal MASS are also authorised to service NEXA cars. Earlier those rumours were spread by Dealership guys, that you can only get the cars serviced from their workshops. However one mail to MSIL clarified all things. The only things MASS isn't allowed to do compared to Dealership owned workshops are-
1. Body repair and paint on NEXA cars(only a matter of time before this changes)
2. Warranty claims

Here are two pictures I took of a Baleno and S-Cross at my MASS

Maruti Baleno : Official Review-20160626_124808.jpg

Maruti Baleno : Official Review-20160629_170732.jpg

Regards,
Shashi
Leoshashi is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 30th June 2016, 08:08   #1137
BHPian

Quote:

I had exactly the same problem in my diesel alpha. Tried MASS. They made no difference. What i did was made a rubber tube cut. Placed it on the headlight holder and got it stuck to the headlight shroud. Never had the problem again
Old 30th June 2016, 09:21   #1138
BHPian

I'm sharing an observation from my Maruti Baleno Alpha. If we leave the bonnet open and try to lock the car using the sensor on the door or the remote with key, there are three beeps heard instead of one beep confirming that the car is locked. The car locks all doors but these three beeps helps us know that the bonnet is still open while leaving the car. There are no other indications in the MID or instrument cluster. This may be true for other variants too.

I noticed this when I collected my car after service and did not know why three beeps were heard for locking until I found out that I was driving with the bonnet unlatched. Three beeps while locking the car could indicate that the bonnet has not been closed and latched properly.
spsam is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th June 2016, 09:48   #1139

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sree73 View Post
Welcome to Bangalore. The city traffic has gone to dogs now. So, please be careful and plan your trip accordingly.
I moved to Bangalore recently after a gap of 20 years. Roads are in horrible condition, Traffic police are not to be seen. Majority of the drivers will be speaking on mobile while driving. Especially Ola and Uber taxi drivers, they are constantly on the phone. Honking is another menace. Parking in road corners (turnings), I am wondering what driving test these people have passed.

One should thank his luck if he reaches home safely without a scratch on him or on his vehicle.
ravindranm is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th June 2016, 11:55   #1140
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by spsam View Post
I'm sharing an observation from my Maruti Baleno Alpha. If we leave the bonnet open and try to lock the car using the sensor on the door or the remote with key, there are three beeps heard instead of one beep confirming that the car is locked. The car locks all doors but these three beeps helps us know that the bonnet is still open while leaving the car. There are no other indications in the MID or instrument cluster. This may be true for other variants too.

I noticed this when I collected my car after service and did not know why three beeps were heard for locking until I found out that I was driving with the bonnet unlatched. Three beeps while locking the car could indicate that the bonnet has not been closed and latched properly.
Coincidentally, observed the same thing just half an hour back
It indeed a nice indication. Similarly in alpha if you forgot to turn off the headlamps but ignition is turned off, the system keeps beeping(Last time this kept me wondering what's wrong for few minutes)

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks