Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th July 2016, 14:25   #1156
BHPian

Re: Maruti Baleno : Official Review

How is the baleno CVT as an everyday city car and how much fuel efficiency can one expect. I dont see any ownership reports aswell? Thanks
Old 4th July 2016, 14:50   #1157
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy_Bean View Post
How is the baleno CVT as an everyday city car and how much fuel efficiency can one expect. I dont see any ownership reports aswell? Thanks
Fuel efficiency in city conditions is around 12 kmpl. The car is an absolute delight for city driving.
Old 6th July 2016, 15:33   #1158

This is my first post as part of team-bhp! Still figuring out my way but glad to be a part of this community. I thank and congratulate the moderators for maintaining a forum of this class.

Coming back to the question of the Baleno CVT. I received my Zeta Automatic about 3 weeks back and most of my experiences have been good. Trying to start a ownership review thread but unable to do so for some reason. Will post one as soon as I am able to figure that out.

Having learnt and honed my driving in a Swift, I immediately felt at home on the Baleno. Some of my observations and feedback:

1. The steering is light and sometimes too light.
2. As I near the 1k mark, the transmission has gradually become from seeming slightly strained to really smooth. As I have learnt to master the pedal, the car flies effortlessly on a straight clean patch and manoeuvers around the city without a glitch.
3. I am getting a FE of a little less than 15. Being quite careful with the RPMs initially and not revving it too much but this is a little low as I read many posts getting a FE in excess of 17-18 even in the city. Perhaps I am being too careful but I really expected a better FE! I am guessing (and hoping!) that it will improve post a few more Ks and the first service which is due in a few days.
4. My BT connectivity is the biggest headache. The connection keeps dropping and it is downright frustrating. And it happens only while playing music. Not that frames are skipped but the music plays a start-stop game and gets on my nerves. Will bite the MASS head-off if they don't figure this out without putting me through any kind of grind to resolve it.
Phone calls happen as they should and no surprises there and its only the darn music.
5. The rear ends sagging was a concern that many had but so far I haven't had any problems with that. Not even with a loaded boot and three average sized people in the backseat
6. Driver comfort isnt that great IMO. I have driven Swift for much longer durations and I find the driver seat much more supportive. Perhaps even the drivers seat needs breaking in but the with the Baleno my rear feels tired after only a couple of hours of driving and that too with the automatic. I must be getting old.
7. The rear view mirror will take some getting used to. It is pretty low and gets in the way. To avoid it I have to lower my seat and that takes away the comfort factor. Still trying to nail that combination of visibility and comfort.

Will add more about the experience post the first servicing and figuring out how to start a ownership thread.
Thanks!
simplysam is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th July 2016, 20:12   #1159
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by simplysam View Post
This is my first post as part of team-bhp! Still figuring out my way but glad to be a part of this community. I thank and congratulate the moderators for maintaining a forum of this class.

Hi Sam, good detailing. I too have booked an automatic Zeta expected in another 25-30 days. Do keep updating about your experiences with the car. Pity they don't have it in Alpha variant. The rear chrome mounted camera coupled to the touch screen smart device also loaded with navigation is very much desirable as much as the beautiful led DRL's built into the headlight. Hope Maruti is listening.

Mod Note: Please avoid quoting the full post while responding.

Last edited by ampere : 7th July 2016 at 12:37.
Old 6th July 2016, 20:21   #1160

Pleass suggest if any1 have installed Reverse Camera with its display in Centre Mirror ?

Also what is fuel efficiency for Diesel Baleno ?
Old 6th July 2016, 23:09   #1161
BHPian

Quote:
4. My BT connectivity is the biggest headache. The connection keeps dropping and it is downright frustrating. And it happens only while playing music. Not that frames are skipped but the music plays a start-stop game and gets on my nerves. Will bite the MASS head-off if they don't figure this out without putting me through any kind of grind to resolve it.
Phone calls happen as they should and no surprises there and its only the darn music.
I exactly have the same problem in my Baleno(have posted earlier on this thread). What I guess is, it could be a problem with the phone too. What phone are you using? I use a Nexus 6P.
Old 6th July 2016, 23:27   #1162

Quote:
Originally Posted by bimbrahw View Post
Hi Sam, good detailing. I too have booked an automatic Zeta expected in another 25-30 days. Do keep updating about your experiences with the car. Pity they don't have it in Alpha variant. The rear chrome mounted camera coupled to the touch screen smart device also loaded with navigation is very much desirable as much as the beautiful led DRL's built into the headlight. Hope Maruti is listening.
True that! I would have loved to have the Touchscreen ICE just for the sheer cool factor. Although I am not a fan of Nokia Here and would have stuck to GMaps until the navigation defaulted to Android Auto whenever that happens.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jateen View Post
Pleass suggest if any1 have installed Reverse Camera with its display in Centre Mirror ?
I too was looking for that option but Nexa doesn't offer the IRVM intergrated camera yet. You could get it installed from outside. I am sure they will bring it in a while. Their current rear view camera accessory option (that places itself on the dash) is just not worth it because of the screen quality and that the camera needs to be fitted after cutting a hole in the boot door. It doesn't lend itself nicely with the otherwise neat looking rear.
Old 7th July 2016, 00:13   #1163
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
3. I am getting a FE of a little less than 15. Being quite careful with the RPMs initially and not revving it too much but this is a little low as I read many posts getting a FE in excess of 17-18 even in the city.
Have you checked the FE by tank-to-tank method? If yes, 15 kmpl is pretty impressive.

17 or 18 kmpl in the city? That's nearly impossible with the CVT.
Old 7th July 2016, 00:31   #1164

Quote:
Originally Posted by landcruiser123 View Post
Have you checked the FE by tank-to-tank method? If yes, 15 kmpl is pretty impressive.

Hey.. Yeah I am going with that number. I am just getting ambitious looking at the numbers attained by other baleno owners. I guess I am a dreamer .
Old 7th July 2016, 07:55   #1165
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by landcruiser123 View Post

I've been using the Baleno CVT since November. I get about 11-12 kmpl in city traffic tank full to tank full. On the highway at a relaxed pace, I get about 15 kmpl.

Be careful after you cross the quarter tank mark. It goes very quickly into reserve. Or maybe that's a calibration niggle in my car.
Old 7th July 2016, 10:14   #1166
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by djpeesh View Post
Be careful after you cross the quarter tank mark. It goes very quickly into reserve. Or maybe that's a calibration niggle in my car.
Djpeesh
I am noticing this on my baleno too and I plan to raise this in 5k service. I doubt anything could be done about it though.
Old 7th July 2016, 11:12   #1167
BHPian

Quote:
Hey.. Yeah I am going with that number. I am just getting ambitious looking at the numbers attained by other baleno owners. I guess I am a dreamer .
I think you may have gotten confused with reported FE for the manual & automatic . 17-18 kmpl is probably attainable in a Baleno MT, depending on the driving style. But for a petrol auto, its too much of an ask (even for a Maruti!!).
Old 7th July 2016, 11:23   #1168
BHPian

Was evaluating the Baleno, and got some feedback that the car vibrates, and is difficult to control on highways, once you cross 80kmph. This has been attributed to the 1200cc engine being plonked on a light body (less than 1000 kgs). Is this really true? Can Baleno owners who have driven at high speeds confirm this?

Thanks
Old 7th July 2016, 13:12   #1169
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajayclicks View Post
Was evaluating the Baleno, and got some feedback that the car vibrates, and is difficult to control on highways, once you cross 80kmph. This has been attributed to the 1200cc engine being plonked on a light body (less than 1000 kgs). Is this really true? Can Baleno owners who have driven at high speeds confirm this?

Thanks
The car is smooth till 140kph, post that ride gets bouncy
sathish81 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th July 2016, 13:21   #1170

Quote:
Originally Posted by maverickmano View Post
I exactly have the same problem in my Baleno(have posted earlier on this thread). What I guess is, it could be a problem with the phone too. What phone are you using? I use a Nexus 6P.
I have a Moto G2. I really can't say right now if it is the phone's hardware problem or Android's problem because you too have an Android.

I haven't yet tried pairing it with another phone. That is something I will do over this weekend probably to narrow down the exact problem of it being a phone issue or ICE issue.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks