Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th July 2016, 14:54   #1171

What is Fuel efficiency for Diesel Variant ?
Old 7th July 2016, 18:47   #1172
BHPian

Re: Maruti Baleno : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by simplysam View Post
4. My BT connectivity is the biggest headache. The connection keeps dropping and it is downright frustrating. And it happens only while playing music. Not that frames are skipped but the music plays a start-stop game and gets on my nerves. Will bite the MASS head-off if they don't figure this out without putting me through any kind of grind to resolve it.
Its probably the phone's problem. I've used two iPhones (5S & 6S Plus) and two Androids (Nexus 4 & 60, all of them with latest updates and they all worked very well. No disconnections, no pauses, no drama. Try connecting other phones, if they are also behaving the same then there might be a problem with the Headunit other then try upgrading your phone to the latest software.

Quote:
Was evaluating the Baleno, and got some feedback that the car vibrates, and is difficult to control on highways, once you cross 80kmph. This has been attributed to the 1200cc engine being plonked on a light body (less than 1000 kgs). Is this really true? Can Baleno owners who have driven at high speeds confirm this?
Not 80 but above 100 kmph on the roads which have legal speed limits of 120kmph, there is lots of vibration. It was just once I tried and immediately slowed after experiencing such harshness.
tjacob is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th July 2016, 19:18   #1173
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjacob View Post
Not 80 but above 100 kmph on the roads which have legal speed limits of 120kmph, there is lots of vibration. It was just once I tried and immediately slowed after experiencing such harshness.
This maybe down to incorrect wheel balancing. Even though the Baleno is pretty light weight, I don't think a car should vibrate at speeds slightly in excess of 100 kph otherwise

Try getting the balancing & alignment done at a reputed tyre & accessories shop (not Maruti service center) and see if it makes any difference. In all probability it should.

We had this problem on a brand new i10 in 2010. Took a couple of visits to the service center to get the balancing right!
red.devil_19 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th July 2016, 19:51   #1174
BHPian

What is the baleno cvt waiting time in chennai? When i checked with them a month back over phone, was quoted 10 months..
Old 7th July 2016, 21:13   #1175
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by red.devil_19 View Post
This maybe down to incorrect wheel balancing.
The common symptom of misaligned tires would be the car pulling towards one side or may be a slight wobble but didn't know vibrations are higher speeds might also be another one. I think I need to take these more seriously before I end up doing some permanent damage to things.
Old 7th July 2016, 21:50   #1176
BHPian

Quote:
The common symptom of misaligned tires would be the car pulling towards one side or may be a slight wobble but didn't know vibrations are higher speeds might also be another one. I think I need to take these more seriously before I end up doing some permanent damage to things.
Alignment issues can cause pulling towards one side & can be detected while driving on a flat road. The balancing issues however are not so easy to detect & the vibrations would usually be evident at higher speeds. That's why its good to have the balancing & alignment done at periodic intervals, say every 5000 kms.

Yes, you're right that you need to sort the issue soon on your Baleno. It may cause uneven wear & tear on the tyres and the vibrations are not good for the structure either as Baleno doesn't necessarily have the strongest build.
red.devil_19 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th July 2016, 22:15   #1177
Distinguished - BHPian

Dancing projector issue has been reported in Baleno and S-Cross. This is the email sent by Maruti technical team to a Baleno owner who complained about the same. I don't see any logic in this reply.
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti Baleno : Official Review-img20160707wa0002.jpg  

Dr.Naren is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th July 2016, 23:01   #1178
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverado View Post
It happened with me yesterday, twice. Scenario was exactly same as you have described above. I will keep testing it and observe. It came from Front Left wheel.
Those noises were observed in my SX4 too. It was diagnosed to some central bolt, tie rod or something. It was loose, dry without grease. Earlier we suspected calipers on disk brakes too.
Get checked in above parts.
Old 8th July 2016, 00:49   #1179
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Naren View Post
Dancing projector issue has been reported in Baleno and S-Cross. This is the email sent by Maruti technical team to a Baleno owner who complained about the same. I don't see any logic in this reply.
Baleno isn't the only car on road with HID Xenon lights. And other non baleno owners arent complaining of dancing lights are they?

Typical bullshit by the manufacturer.

If it were true why did they agree to replace the lights on my car??

Agree with you Naren.

All Baleno owners with this problem should push for a replacement
Old 8th July 2016, 03:07   #1180
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kashyapz8055 View Post
[*]Every time you switch-on in Auto mode, Error codes are stored in ECU.
Do the stalks have an auto option in the lower versions?

I guess only the Alpha has the auto headlamp option on the stalk, hence the ECU throwing up error codes will not exist on cars with upgraded lights.
slicvic is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th July 2016, 06:09   #1181
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by slicvic View Post
Do the stalks have an auto option in the lower versions?

I guess only the Alpha has the auto headlamp option on the stalk, hence the ECU throwing up error codes will not exist on cars with upgraded lights.
Zeta has this feature and it has controls in Stalk too. No issues for Delta and Sigma variants.

PS : I have mentioned this in my previous post sir.
Quote:
Issues :
  • Auto Headlamps of Zeta(Not applicable in Delta) is calibrated for 55/60W setup. So you Lose Auto Headlights
  • Every time you switch-on in Auto mode, Error codes are stored in ECU
Old 8th July 2016, 09:33   #1182
BHPian

Quote:
Zeta has this feature and it has controls in Stalk too. No issues for Delta and Sigma variants.

Thanks for pointing out again. I was under the impression that only the Alpha with the HID projectors gets the Auto feature.
Old 8th July 2016, 11:06   #1183
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

I have got the Projector retrofit done from Xenon Planet. Auto headlight feature works like stock with no error codes. Stock halogen bulbs are H4, but H1 hid bulb is used. It comes with an adapter and it is plug and play for H4 setup too.
Cheers!!
Old 8th July 2016, 18:38   #1184
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Legal speed limit of 120! which road in india has this?
Lots of vibration/harshness where? Could you elaborate.

I have taken it till 110 on Mumbai Pune eway its very smooth no issues.
silverado is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th July 2016, 18:53   #1185
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverado View Post
Legal speed limit of 120! which road in india has this?
The 8 lane, almost 160 kms expressway called the Outer Ring Road in Hyderabad. Also called the Nehru ORR.

Quote:
Lots of vibration/harshness where? Could you elaborate.
Its starts with the pedals and slowly the entire floor along with the body starts vibrating. It can also be felt on the steering wheel but its intensity is not as harsh as its felt on the floor. Its seems to be an alignment and balancing problem but cannot confirm anything before getting it checked up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Naren View Post
Auto headlight feature works like stock with no error codes.
I'm not doubting there are no error codes but have you been able to be check them ? My assumption is you can do it using an ODB dongle and software capable of reading it ?

Last edited by tjacob : 8th July 2016 at 18:58. Reason: added content
tjacob is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks