Maruti Baleno : Official Review-capture.jpg

Source- Suzukifan
volkman10 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 14th July 2016, 21:34   #1202
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Maruti Baleno : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
This is how the ik-2 (Baleno) was conceived! First sketches by the designers..
1. I think the guy who designed top most one joined Datsun, They have taken the grill without any modification!

2. The right most middle one has been used for the upcoming Swift I guess, to save costs.

3. The bottom most 2 sketches are H-A-W-T!! I'd love to see that turning into one car, something the Swift was 10 years back! A stylish & sporty car!
Old 14th July 2016, 23:08   #1203
BHPian

Quote:
This is how the ik-2 (Baleno) was conceived! First sketches by the designers
Have to say, the Baleno did start off its life having features that would stand out unlike being just another car, wonder what they did not carry the initial design to the production variant.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 15th July 2016 at 18:26. Reason: Fixing broken quotes.
Old 15th July 2016, 01:15   #1204
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sathish81 View Post
I got the NCB certificate myself. I handed over the NCB certificate to dealer who did the new insurance and I got the 50% ncb benefit.
Thanks sathish81, i went to my insurer (also bajaj allianz) and submitted the request for NCB certificate. Will get it tomorrow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nandab View Post
Good to know. Is it possible to transfer NCB certificate from old car to new car? Or did you sell the old car before getting the NCB certificate? Essentially, does the RC book entry need to reflect the new owner's name?
Selling the old car is not required. I am going to keep the old car also and just get the NCB transferred. Its done by issuing a NCB certificate and charging a fee by the old car's insurer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sathish81 View Post
Rc name change is not needed. You need sale receipt and buyers id/addr proof ( that's what bajaj allianz asked me)

I thought you need not sell your car to transfer the NCB...as long as new car is similar or lower segment,insurance co can tranfer NCB from your existing car.
No sale isneeded, you can retain both cars and just get the ncb transferred.

Hi all,

I asked the RM for the VIN number and he gave me a numeric 6 digit number (im guessing its the chassis number?). I asked for complete VIN and he said he only gets the six digits when car is alotted. I checked the VIN thread and there is some confusion.
pictures with 17 &21 digit VIN:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/buying...ml#post3868238
members having 17 digit VIN:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/buying...ml#post3915286
other members confirming 19 digit VIN:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/buying...ml#post3922168

Can someone please share the exact place in the engine bay where the complete 21 digit VIN is present?
guptavis is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th July 2016, 18:25   #1205
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by guptavis View Post

Hi all,

I asked the RM for the VIN number and he gave me a numeric 6 digit number (im guessing its the chassis number?). I asked for complete VIN and he said he only gets the six digits when car is alotted. I checked the VIN thread and there is some confusion.

Can someone please share the exact place in the engine bay where the complete 21 digit VIN is present?
Just check this thread itself, you will see the picture which shows VIN and also the location of VIN.

RM is right, they only get last 6 digits on entire VIN which is now 17 digit.
MA3EWB22SGE123456, any attempts to get entire VIN number will be futile.
You will only know it when you see the car personally.

Above is an example in which 123456 is your Chassis number and the important bits that you should be interested is two places left of this number, which is GE in example.

Last edited by silverado : 15th July 2016 at 18:26.
silverado is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th July 2016, 15:16   #1206
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverado View Post

Above is an example in which 123456 is your Chassis number and the important bits that you should be interested is two places left of this number, which is GE in example.
thanks silverado,

the 10th and 11th place GE means G=2016 and E=5th month i.e. May right?

But @Dani7766 and @TheGoodest have reported that their 10th and 11th place is 00 in this post:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/buying...ml#post3915351
The goodest has later confirmed that it is a 19 digit VIN.
So thats why the confusion.

Went to the dealer today (Nexa chandigarh) and was told that car hass arrived in their stockyard some 15km from town. Will take delivery on monday or tuesday. Extended warranty for two years is Rs.8415. bumper to bumper insurance with engine protect is Rs.21,442. Will cost about 16k after transferring my 50% NCB.

The RM said Rs1145 for a Nexa Card. I said i dont want it but he said its compulsory for nexa cars. he said i can refuse the 'basic accesory kit' for Rs. 5790, but will have to take nexa card. Is it really any use?
Old 16th July 2016, 18:13   #1207
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by guptavis View Post

The RM said Rs1145 for a Nexa Card. I said i dont want it but he said its compulsory for nexa cars. he said i can refuse the 'basic accesory kit' for Rs. 5790, but will have to take nexa card. Is it really any use?
Congrats buddy!! Do share pics and write up an ownership review.

Nexa card is useful if you refer someone and they end up buying a car. You will get points worth 1000 Rs for one referral. We got a Baleno in my dad's name. He had got Nexa card and earned few points for referring me to buy S-Cross . I did not opt for Nexa card when I bought S-Cross. I don't think it's compulsory.
Dr.Naren is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th July 2016, 19:06   #1208
Senior - BHPian

I really like the Baleno and one of my relatives is seriously considering it as an upgrade to his Swift. The only thing of concern seems to be the extremely light build quality of the Baleno. Would really appreciate if people who have owned it for a longer period of time can provide some kind of a feedback on how the car is holding together in terms of rattles, squeaks and niggles. My relative's car will be driven in not such great roads of a tier III-IV city (Jabalpur). Thanks in advance.
Old 16th July 2016, 22:57   #1209
BHPian

Re: Suzuki Baleno Servicing Trivandrum

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
Irrespective of the brand / dealer / A$$, you are supposed to have factory finish (or the closest) when you get the job done at MA$$. If there is a color difference, please ask them to repaint to your satisfaction. If they don't budge, a simple mail to Maruti will solve it. Please ensure you do a thorough check in good sunlight before taking delivery after the resolution.
Today I had been to the service center and showed the poor paint job, interestingly there wasn't any denial or arguments! the body shop manager acknowledged the issue and got a full polish done. I stood there waiting for almost 6Hrs, now the quality is satisfactory, close to the factory finish.

Though they did not divulge how it got poorly done in the first place, seems like a case of shoddy workmanship.
maverickmano is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th July 2016, 00:40   #1210
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPARKled View Post
I really like the Baleno and one of my relatives is seriously considering it as an upgrade to his Swift. The only thing of concern seems to be the extremely light build quality of the Baleno. Would really appreciate if people who have owned it for a longer period of time can provide some kind of a feedback on how the car is holding together in terms of rattles, squeaks and niggles. My relative's car will be driven in not such great roads of a tier III-IV city (Jabalpur). Thanks in advance.
I own Baleno petrol and have driven around 9000 KM. Car is not rattle free. I do get few stretches of bad roads on my daily drive. There are faint rattles from passenger side door and rear left C pillar. I am planning to get it rectified during next service. Baleno is prone to dents even with minor incidents. A biker just scrapped through my car and there is a linear dent on rear door. Also the ride quality is little bumpy at rear on bad roads.

No car is perfect. These are the drawbacks I have experienced. But Baleno is a good product. It is VFM and loaded with all features. There is good interior space and a huge boot. Performance and handling is good. And most importantly, fuel economy. My petrol Baleno never gave below 20 KMPL on my drives to Bangalore .
Dr.Naren is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 17th July 2016, 00:48   #1211
BHPian

Maruti Baleno : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPARKled View Post
seriously considering it as an upgrade to his Swift.
Baleno has the same set of engines as in Swift. Most of the parts are shared with Swift as well (steering, head lights, buttons to operate the glass)

I personally wouldn't consider Baleno is an upgrade to Swift! But, that is me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Naren View Post
My petrol Baleno never gave below 20 KMPL on my drives to Bangalore .
With such a low kerb weight, the car would have to return such high FE values!!

Last edited by balajisv : 17th July 2016 at 00:50.
Old 19th July 2016, 14:26   #1212

Hey guys.. I am awaiting a delivery of my Baleno Delta Petrol (Ray Blue) this week from Nexa Wazirpur (North Delhi). Took them exact 4 months from the date of booking [ though they told me the waiting period would be 6-8 months ]

I have gone through the relevant information and tips a.k.a. Pre-delivery inspection, Run-in of a new car etc. Just wanted to know if there is anything else apart from that I should know about getting the delivery or anything specific to Baleno. Also, are they providing any corporate discount on this car?
Old 19th July 2016, 18:17   #1213

Quote:
Originally Posted by amutreja View Post
I have gone through the relevant information and tips a.k.a. Pre-delivery inspection, Run-in of a new car etc. Just wanted to know if there is anything else apart from that I should know about getting the delivery or anything specific to Baleno. Also, are they providing any corporate discount on this car?
Corporate discount? Dont expect anything more than bunch of flowers / chocolates at max when you receive handover the car. Since the car is selling like hot cakes, no discounts whatsoever is being given.
Old 20th July 2016, 20:01   #1214
Distinguished - BHPian

Maruti Suzuki considering Baleno petrol SHVS for 2017 launch in India - spied on test. With petrol cars in demand Maruti could be increasing its
offering with the mild hybrid technology.

This will be Maruti Suzuki's first car with SHVS - Mild Hybrid technology for its petrol cars in India

Maruti Baleno : Official Review-suzukibalenospiedaugust20164.jpg
Maruti Baleno : Official Review-suzukibalenospiedaugust20165.jpg

Quote:
The Baleno petrol with the SHVS technology has also been spotted testing in India. This engine, while is similar in capacity to the existing 1.2-litre rev-happy motor, will be the Dualjet version. The K-series engine is the base of this K12B motor and packs in dual injectors into one (hence the name). This technology claims to increase the performance as well as fuel efficiency.
Maruti Baleno : Official Review-suzukibalenospiedaugust20163.jpg

Quote:
this engine will require higher octane fuel and that’s what is currently being tested. Perhaps Maruti is preparing for the stringent upcoming BS-VI norms.
Maruti Baleno : Official Review-suzukibalenospiedaugust20161.jpg
Maruti Baleno : Official Review-suzukibalenospiedaugust20162.jpg

Quote:
The new Maruti Baleno Dualjet is likely to get an updated interface on the inside. On the outside, it is likely that there will be a Dualjet badge, different alloys as well as rear disc brakes (evident from the images). Other features that are there in this model and may not make it to India are the park distance control and two extra airbags
Source

Last edited by volkman10 : 20th July 2016 at 20:12.
volkman10 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 21st July 2016, 12:46   #1215
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Maruti Suzuki considering Baleno petrol SHVS for 2017 launch in India - spied on test. With petrol cars in demand Maruti could be increasing its
offering with the mild hybrid technology.

This will be Maruti Suzuki's first car with SHVS - Mild Hybrid technology for its petrol cars in India
Maruti is already exporting Baleno with K12 dualjet engine to Europe. Looking at the MID pic, this looks like an export variant. Speedometer is marked in MPH. Baleno is already under 4 metres and enjoys tax benefit. SVHS technology won't help much here.
Dr.Naren is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed