Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th July 2016, 18:10   #1231
BHPian

Re: Maruti Baleno : Official Review

Sorry Bhpians. I will post pictures as soon as I am able to click more. My car is premium silver. It has made life considerable easy after the Passat. It is smaller and Automatic. The performance also seems adequate for City.

I have been extremely busy and driven the car 400 Kms in the last 4 days, equally split across stop go traffic and open stretches. The mileage seems to be 13 Kmpl. I will know once I get the tankful again. The MID has been reset by me a 100 times as I was fiddling with all kinds of things.

I have two questions:

1. Does the Baleno need under body rust protection from 3M? The dealer did not offer any treatment packages

2. Where should I go in Gurgaon for a cheap paint sealant treatment?

3. During the the first 1500 kms I am trying to keep the RPMs below 2500. Is there anything else I should be doing?
Old 28th July 2016, 19:50   #1232
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy_Bean View Post
1. Does the Baleno need under body rust protection from 3M? The dealer did not offer any treatment packages
The metal used in the car already comes with corrosion resistance.
However, if you live in a region where it rains a lot or is humid or has terrible laid roads which might scratch things then you can get undercoat done. Only 3M dealers or even Maruti service centers with automatic lift ramps offer under body coating, dealers without the ramp do not and cannot.

Quote:
2. Where should I go in Gurgaon for a cheap paint sealant treatment?
Any 3M dealer or even Wurth dealers might have it, not sure about it.

Quote:
3. During the the first 1500 kms I am trying to keep the RPMs below 2500. Is there anything else I should be doing?
The Baleno's manual recommends run-in up til 950 kms, after which its upto you.

Last edited by tjacob : 28th July 2016 at 19:52.
tjacob is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th July 2016, 20:38   #1233
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akabhp View Post
Brother, By the way, can anybody tell me how is the Rajouri Garden, Nexa Dealership, because that is closest to my house and I will be making the booking with them.

Regards,

Atul Aggarwal

A friend of mine bought an S Cross from there and has a very sad experience. The car was replaced immediately with a new 2016 model car after he threatened to expose to the media the refurbished car that was sold to him as new. This happened about 20 days back.
bimbrahw is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th July 2016, 21:18   #1234
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
...1. Does the Baleno need under body rust protection from 3M? The dealer did not offer any treatment packages
1. It's a nice to have thing. I liked the clean look after a good under body wash and have the peace of mind that it can't rust. Plus, it might aid in the NVH levels too.

3. Avoid hard braking for the first 1000 kms too, which means, you shouldn't accelerate quickly too, Resort to a very defensive driving style please.
swiftnfurious is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th July 2016, 17:13   #1235

Quote:
Originally Posted by bimbrahw View Post
A friend of mine bought an S Cross from there and has a very sad experience. The car was replaced immediately with a new 2016 model car after he threatened to expose to the media the refurbished car that was sold to him as new. This happened about 20 days back.
Oh Thanks for that information. I will reconsider booking from them.

Thanks Again,
Regards,
Atul Aggarwal
Old 30th July 2016, 03:03   #1236

Quote:
Cheers. Happy to answer any questions.
Congratulations mate. Have you received the new smoke grey alloy wheels which were said to be the newest offering by Nexa?
Old 30th July 2016, 08:43   #1237
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks to the BHP family and after a lost of deliberation we picked up our new Baleno Zeta CVT yesterday.
Can you share the OTR price of the car?
Old 30th July 2016, 10:47   #1238
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaynishx3 View Post
Congratulations mate. Have you received the new smoke grey alloy wheels which were said to be the newest offering by Nexa?
Yes, my alloys are gun metal grey. Cheers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
Can you share the OTR price of the car?
I am yet to get the registration done, apart from that:

1. Ex showroom - 7,46,000
2. Extended warranty - ~ 12,000
3. Handling octroi - 7,000
4. Zero dep insurance - 23,500
5. Car mats and Mud flaps - 1750 + 1850
6. Nexa Card - 1150
7. RTO - Estimate ~ 60,000 (pending on my end)
No Discounts or freebies

Thanks. Let me know if you need anything else.
Crazy_Bean is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st July 2016, 13:39   #1239
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nandab View Post
Thanks. Was the NCB transferred while the insurance for Indica was still running?.
Yes the NCB was transferred to the Cruze while it was active on the Junkinidca.
drpullockaran is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2016, 09:52   #1240

Hi everyone, This is my first post in a TBHP forum

I had booked a baleno zeta 1.2 in march and the after so many correspondences with Nexa, the car has arrived in their yard yesterday.

I have some queries which I would like to post here.

1. Mandovi nexa in sadashivnagar says that only one type of ICE head unit is available ( SONY XAV 68BT).
Now can anyone please suggest a better one for the same price?

2. I read in the news paper today that maruti is increasing the price of all its cars with immediate effect.
The invoicing of my car is over, would I still be asked to pay more?(Keeping in mind that the Bank gives a DD only for the invoiced price)

3. I would also welcome any suggestions regarding the accessories.

Thank you 😊
Old 2nd August 2016, 12:08   #1241

Congratulations !

Did you get the message from RM only after the car arrived at Yard ? Due to heavy demand Nexa is least bothered about the customer service. If we want we need to call them often and follow up.

When they offered me a Rayblue few weeks back ( which was originally booked by someone, who could not arrange for finance), everything started moving at a fast pace, finance guy from nexa called and asked me when I can provide them with DD and he also offered better rate of interest from SBI. Every five minutes I used to get a call.

Once I declined the offer and struck to my original colour all calls immediately stopped and now I am chasing the RM.

Usual rant of RM, "Sir, I am out of station, please give me a day's time, I shall update you. Your priority number is one, hence you may get it by this month end or September".

As far as the price raise is concerned, my opinion is that once the invoice is raised they shall not increase the price.

Happy motoring and safe driving.
Old 2nd August 2016, 12:31   #1242
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRINIDHI13 View Post
Hi everyone, This is my first post in a TBHP forum

I read in the news paper today that maruti is increasing the price of all its cars with immediate effect.
The invoicing of my car is over, would I still be asked to pay more?
Welcome to Team-Bhp!!

If the invoice is done, it means car with that particular chasis number is billed in your name. You won't have to pay more. Maruti has hiked the price by 10K.

Do post pics and write ownership review

Congrats!!
Old 2nd August 2016, 13:07   #1243

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravindranm View Post
Congratulations !

Did you get the message from RM only after the car arrived at Yard ? Due to heavy demand Nexa is least bothered about the customer service. If we want we need to call them often and follow up.

Happy motoring and safe driving.
Thanks,

I got a call from my RM telling that the vehicle has been allotted and dispatched on 26th july from the Manesar unit. He told that the car would come to their yard by today and arrange a dd with in a week or so.

I was told about the so called 'nexa experience' by many. So I always followed up. Even though the waiting period quoted to me was 6 months, I called him very often to make my presence felt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Naren View Post
Welcome to Team-Bhp!!

If the invoice is done, it means car with that particular chasis number is billed in your name. You won't have to pay more. Maruti has hiked the price by 10K.

Do post pics and write ownership review

Congrats!!

Thanks a lot Dr Naren

Does that mean , I am compelled to take the car even if I do a PDI and find any defects? (hope such a thing doesnt happen..but still)
Will I be allowed to inspect the car in their yard?

I will definitely post pictures and write an ownership review after I do some miles...maybe in the next 10-15 days

Also, Since I learned from the previous posts that you too drive a zeta, kindly throw some light regarding the accessories and head unit (please refer my first post)

My father will be driving this car and he needs a reversing camera (though I am not a big fan). Therefore I decided to have a touchscreen unit installed allowing multi purpose operations.
If I go for the camera and display alone, there would be an ugly console popping up on the dashboard.

Mod Note : Please use the EDIT or MULTI-QUOTE buttons instead of typing one post after another on the SAME THREAD!

To know how to multi-quote, click here.

We advise you to read the Forum Rules before proceeding any further.

Mod Note : Please quote ONLY the relevant bits of a post. Quoting a full, long post inconveniences our mobile readers.

Thanks!

Last edited by SDP : 2nd August 2016 at 13:24. Reason: merging back to back posts
Old 4th August 2016, 09:29   #1244
VMC
BHPian

today I received a message from RM that price of Baleno Alpha Petrol has increased from 891652 to 903716. (BLR On road Prices). This is a 12k+ increase.
Old 4th August 2016, 09:50   #1245

What is cost implications on Baleno after inplementation of GST ? According to experts prices may reduce.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks