Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th August 2016, 14:35   #1246

Re: Maruti Baleno : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by VMC View Post
today I received a message from RM that price of Baleno Alpha Petrol has increased from 891652 to 903716. (BLR On road Prices). This is a 12k+ increase.
I also received a message from NEXA for Baleno Zeta Petrol Automatic has increased from 935513 to 947579 (BLR On road Price)
Old 4th August 2016, 14:57   #1247
VMC
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravindranm View Post
I also received a message from NEXA for Baleno Zeta Petrol Automatic has increased from 935513 to 947579 (BLR On road Price)
I am planning to take the insurance on my own. Since i sold my old car i can transfer the NCB(50%) . This will come to about 8k+ saving and also contemplating if Nexa membership card is actually required. This costs around 1.5k. Also the basic accessories can also be rejected. This way i save around 10 to 11 k which is very close the rise in prices by Maruti
Old 4th August 2016, 15:49   #1248

I am also planning to skip the basic accessories and Nexa Card. NCB for the old car is also possible. As VMC has mentioned these items will add up to the figure of increased price. Oh! I had forgotten about the booking amount of Rs.11,000/= already paid.
Old 4th August 2016, 16:21   #1249
Distinguished - BHPian

Baleno's success story continues, race past 80k units. With strong bookings Baleno is likely to challenge the current volumes of Swift.

Demand for the petrol-engined Baleno is considerably higher compared to the diesel Baleno, with the former contributing close to 70% of the car’s total sales .
Maruti Baleno : Official Review-marutibalenosales.jpg
Quote:
On another milestone, Baleno became the most exported car for Maruti in the month with shipments of nearly 3,400 units.
Overall, the Baleno has been a true-blue winner for Maruti Suzuki, with the Vitara Brezza also heading in the same direction. Higher mileage, new safety features and various engine options have caught the pulse of the consumer and are in sync with the changing preferences of the market for styling and quality at an affordable cost. With around 350 Balenos sold every day in the country, it won’t be a surprise before the car crosses the 100,000 lakh sales mark before completing a year since its launch.
Link

Last edited by volkman10 : 4th August 2016 at 16:22.
volkman10 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th August 2016, 09:04   #1250
BHPian

Took the delivery of Alpha petrol last evening. Drove the car for about 40km on a fairly good road. I felt a strange thing about the steering though. It weighed up nicely at higher speeds but it needed constant correction throughout the 40 km drive. Not sure what exactly is the reason.

PS: Till now, I drove a Getz Prime, which has the hydraulic power steering compared to EPS of Baleno.
Old 5th August 2016, 10:24   #1251
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by autospeaker View Post
Took the delivery of Alpha petrol last evening. Drove the car for about 40km on a fairly good road. I felt a strange thing about the steering though. It weighed up nicely at higher speeds but it needed constant correction throughout the 40 km drive. Not sure what exactly is the reason.

PS: Till now, I drove a Getz Prime, which has the hydraulic power steering compared to EPS of Baleno.

Congrats!!

Baleno has light steering wheel and it's always better to have a firm hand on it. Also there is a dead spot at straight ahead position which requires constant correction.
Dr.Naren is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th August 2016, 10:44   #1252

Baleno Zeta Diesel owner here. She went in for her first 1000 km service yesterday. I tweeted the above same lines yesterday adding "almost one month of niggle free ownership". I think I jinxed it. On my way to office, today morning, there was an onset of annoying rattle from the C-pillar side. Pulled over and checked for loose items, and resumed driving and still couldn't help but notice the same rattle. A bit concerned now. I think I remember few guys in here mentioning something similar. What could be the reason for this rattling? Senior BHP ian's please enlighten me. Apart from this I would say I am pretty happy with the car.
Old 5th August 2016, 11:40   #1253
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jateen View Post
What is cost implications on Baleno after inplementation of GST ? According to experts prices may reduce.
Brother GST bill has just passed but would start getting implemented from next year. In general the Auto and Auto Ancillary sector would benefit from GST. Currently they pay 27% in tax but after GST implementation it would be 18%.
Waspune is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th August 2016, 08:17   #1254

Quote:
What is cost implications on Baleno after inplementation of GST ? According to experts prices may reduce.
The implications of GST in automobile sector is very significant. Though Im not a big economist, Ill try to elucidate on its impact on the price of cars.

1. The present taxation system is a more complicated and a costly affair. For manufacturers, who have vendors of various parts in different states, the procurement of raw materials is expensive as every state has its own tax rules etc A bit too complex here.
With the introduction of GST, several indirect and state taxes are flushed.
This reduces the manufacturing cost of both the car as will as OEM.
Thus, the Ex-Showroom price is reduced.

2. With the reduction of ex-showroom price, the on road price too is bound to decrease as it is directly proportional to the former.
Now this is rather significant as I would depend on the number which the government sets for the percentage. ( currently 18% is being negotiated..but I would say it might go a little northward..say 2-3 percent)

3. Now, for manufacturers who don't want their cars ex showroom price to come down(say prestige issues etc) will become even bigger beneficiaries as they might increase the prices now and would show up a reduction when GST shows up. This is just my theory

4. Postponing the buying of a baleno waiting for GST has its own merit and demerits. The decision is left to the judgment of the buyer .No comments here.

My 2 cents on implications of GST in the Indian Automotive market . Please correct me if I have erred anywhere.

Thank You 😊
Old 6th August 2016, 09:21   #1255
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sachin4920 View Post
Baleno Zeta Diesel owner here. She went in for her first 1000 km service yesterday. I tweeted the above same lines yesterday adding "almost one month of niggle free ownership". I think I jinxed it. On my way to office, today morning, there was an onset of annoying rattle from the C-pillar side. Pulled over and checked for loose items, and resumed driving and still couldn't help but notice the same rattle. A bit concerned now. I think I remember few guys in here mentioning something similar. What could be the reason for this rattling? Senior BHP ian's please enlighten me. Apart from this I would say I am pretty happy with the car.
I have a Baleno petrol Zeta. I have driven almost 10K KM. I too observed rattling from left C pillar side/seat belt assembly area. It's prominent only on bad roads. I am planning to get it corrected during 3 rd free service.
Dr.Naren is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th August 2016, 09:28   #1256
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Prices will never reduce for the end user. That's just an illusion. Even if the taxes are lowered, the car companies will not pass it on to the customer. Its always the same story and expecting anything contrary to it this time around is foolish at best. With the current prices, the Baleno has a huge waiting period. The company would rather want to increase the prices up a notch to cash in on the success rather than decreasing them.
Old 6th August 2016, 14:25   #1257
BHPian

Is this expected result? Or serious quality issue? Crumbling zone is so delicate?

http://www.motoroids.com/news/a-maru...-are-shocking/
Old 6th August 2016, 14:54   #1258
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by omishra View Post
Is this expected result? Or serious quality issue? Crumbling zone is so delicate?

http://www.motoroids.com/news/a-maru...-are-shocking/
Considering that the Airbags deployed and the passengers were safe and not injured, I think the car has done its job.

If the car doesn't crumble, the force will be transferred to the occupants.

But coming to the accident itself, there isn't much information about the speeds etc as to judge the build quality of the car.
Old 6th August 2016, 17:20   #1259
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by omishra View Post
Is this expected result? Or serious quality issue? Crumbling zone is so delicate
This is an example of skewed reporting. The crumble zone in the front of the vehicle will be more prominent and I think Baleno did it's job.

If crumbling does not happen, it's not a symbol that the vehicle is strong..

Crumbling should happen in an accident and the impact energy is absorbed in the crumbling zones.
Old 6th August 2016, 19:42   #1260

Just spoke to my RM regarding the fate of my Baleno Zeta CVT booked in the month of May 2016. I am in priority number 1 (I do not know what it means).
RM says there was no production of Zeta CVT during July and there will not be any production this month also.That means I need to wait till September end to get delivery of my vehicle.

Fellow BHPians please inform me if anyone has booked Zeta CVT in May 2016 and got delivery.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks