Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th August 2016, 21:57   #1261

Re: Maruti Baleno : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravindranm View Post
Just spoke to my RM regarding the fate of my Baleno Zeta CVT booked in the month of May 2016. I am in priority number 1 (I do not know what it means).
RM says there was no production of Zeta CVT during July and there will not be any production this month also.That means I need to wait till September end to get delivery of my vehicle.

Fellow BHPians please inform me if anyone has booked Zeta CVT in May 2016 and got delivery.
Dear Ravindranm

When I had booked my Zeta 1.2 manual back in march, my RM had quoted a waiting period of 6-8 months to which I agreed and decide not to bother him till September. In mid June, as I was walking pass the dealership,the little boy in me forced to walk into the showroom and speak to my RM. He told me that my waiting number was 6 and to expect the delivery in late September or early October.
However, he called me last week to inform me that my car has been shipped from Maruti and asked me to make my payments in a week or so, to which I agreed. I am going to get my car on wednesday

I smell something dubious about whatever your RM is telling you. I have not read or seen any such news where in the production of one particular model has been ceased for a month or two. Specially the Zeta CVT as it was launched more recently than others.
Of course, Maruti had shut down its plant for a brief period (say a week or so...not too sure) for unit maintenance and also since there was a fire mishap in one of its key vendors SUBROS ( Air-condition OEM) .But that has all been sorted now and once again resumed full fledged production.
Infact, during that time I had called my RM to enquire whether I would face any delay due to this to which he assured me that the delay wont be for more than 10-15 days or so (which ofcourse is a fairly small time considering the 6 month wait...KUDOS to Maruti and Subros for resolving the problems in a swift pace ).

Instead of completely trusting your RM, I would suggest you to call up another Nexa dealership and talk to them like a potential customer who is well informed about his choices. (I did a lots of such R&D works during the waiting time and trust me ,it sure helps)

NEXA is known for having one of the worst customer satisfaction index in the automotive market. And they sell well because the cars they sell are well, swell. So It is better that your make your pretense felt to them

Do let me know any further developments

Good day

Last edited by Eddy : 7th August 2016 at 00:16. Reason: Smiley usage is restricted to two per post on Team-BHP. Please do NOT use more than 2 smileys in a post.
SRINIDHI13 is offline   Received Infraction
Old 7th August 2016, 00:30   #1262

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Naren View Post
I have a Baleno petrol Zeta. I have driven almost 10K KM. I too observed rattling from left C pillar side/seat belt assembly area. It's prominent only on bad roads. I am planning to get it corrected during 3 rd free service.
Thanks Doc for chipping in. I might wait for another couple weeks and see if it goes away on its own. If not then I will approach the service guys and ask for a fix. Also, Doc, let us know how it goes for you after your 3rd service.
Old 7th August 2016, 12:27   #1263

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRINIDHI13 View Post
I smell something dubious about whatever your RM is telling you. I have not read or seen any such news where in the production of one particular model has been ceased for a month or two. Specially the Zeta CVT as it was launched more recently than others.
NEXA is known for having one of the worst customer satisfaction index in the automotive market. And they sell well because the cars they sell are well, swell. So It is better that your make your pretense felt to them
Thank Srinidhi13, Yesterday I had big argument with the RM, he says his management does not give him the facts. When I said we all are well informed as we are Team Bhp members, he mellowed down. When I asked him how Maruti can stop production of Zeta CVT for two months, Zeta CVT being the highest priced model in Baleno, he did not have any answer.

Another surprising fact he mentioned was that the spare wheel in Zeta model is of 15" whereas all the four wheels are of 16"! With the spare wheel you can drive the vehicle max 80 kms.

Nexa's motto New life time experience is really a new lifetime harrowing experience. That is all I can say. Unfortunately as you said they are selling cars which are in great demand, so they need not worry about the sales figures.

Last edited by Aditya : 7th August 2016 at 17:03. Reason: Fixing quote tags
Old 7th August 2016, 20:59   #1264
BANNED

I have an issue in my baleno diesel. I hear a tik-tik sound like clock under the hood whenever the car is in idle or running at low rpm. Checked with the MASS and they said that it may be due to thermostat sensing the desired temperature and shutting the compressor.I am not convinced and looking for all your opinion. A mechanic told me that this sound may be because of impurity in fuel which is causing pre burning and the knocking sound.
Old 7th August 2016, 22:22   #1265
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raj1982 View Post
I have an issue in my baleno diesel. I hear a tik-tik sound like clock under the hood whenever the car is in idle or running at low rpm. Checked with the MASS and they said that it may be due to thermostat sensing the desired temperature and shutting the compressor.I am not convinced and looking for all your opinion. A mechanic told me that this sound may be because of impurity in fuel which is causing pre burning and the knocking sound.
Is your ac in circulation mode or fresh air mode? Do you get the sound if you change modes
Old 7th August 2016, 23:49   #1266
BANNED

Mod Note : Please do NOT post messages that add little or no informational value to the thread. We need your co-operation to maintain the quality of this forum.

We advise you to read the Forum Rules before proceeding any further. Request to post ONLY when you have something substantial to add to a discussion.

Last edited by SDP : 8th August 2016 at 19:27. Reason: Please see inline
Old 8th August 2016, 16:28   #1267
BHPian

My friend went for his Baleno's (1.2 zeta) first service yesterday. We both live in Nepal but in different cities. When he called me yesterday from the service center, I could not pick up the phone because I was into something. He called me back today and updated me with his servicing. It was done at 1400 km because he was quite occupied for last two weeks. They changed the engine oil and oil filter which cost a total of 2800 Nepali Rupees. What surprised me was the service center asking to him to come back in next 3 months or 2500km for next servicing. He was also told that consecutive servicing were to be done every 3 months with compulsory change of engine oil and oil filter! He has been offered 16 free servicing which should be completed over next 4 years. Being a BHPian, I asked him to politely but strictly refuse their offer and ask them to abide by the service manual. Engineers who complied the service manual would know better about the vehicle than the manager of the dealership. My friend was reluctant to 'discuss' with them because another service center is some 5 hours drive away. It looks like that Maruti dealership here in Nepal is looking forward to make some bucks in pretext of offering 3-monthly free servicing for 4 years totaling 16.
Old 8th August 2016, 16:44   #1268
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Another surprising fact he mentioned was that the spare wheel in Zeta model is of 15" whereas all the four wheels are of 16"! With the spare wheel you can drive the vehicle max 80 kms.
That's the case even with Alpha and there is no problem with different sizes since the side profile compensates for it. You cannot drive above 80 kms per hour with the spare wheel - That's the recommended speed limit.
Old 8th August 2016, 19:01   #1269
BHPian

http://www.cartoq.com/3-month-old-ma...er-son-escape/

Just came across this article on another website.
Not sure if the car was a diesel or a petrol one.
Old 8th August 2016, 21:28   #1270

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjacob View Post
Thanks man. Just googled around and got the same info from the Baleno manual.(pg.no:233)

Note: If those trying to view the.pdf file are having problems with partially loaded blurry images then the download the file onto your PC first and then view it using a pdf reader.
Hey! I downloaded and opened using IE and Adobe and see the same blurs.
Any alternate source from where I can download the uncorrupted version of Owner's Manual? Thanks!
Old 8th August 2016, 22:47   #1271
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amutreja View Post
Hey! I downloaded and opened using IE and Adobe and see the same blurs.
Any alternate source from where I can download the uncorrupted version of Owner's Manual? Thanks!

Sorry, this is the only source I have, you can try mailing Nexa customer support for a better version.
tjacob is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th August 2016, 00:39   #1272
BHPian

Quote:

Bro that's the case with almost every car under 10 lacs. The Stepney is one size down. It's a way of cost cutting. Same case in my Punto Evo Sports.
Old 9th August 2016, 02:26   #1273

Quote:
Thank Srinidhi13,

Sir,

With due respect, I would like to point out to you that you are mistaken.
The speed rating of the spare wheel is 80Kmph not the distance(refer the image).
There is no prescribed limit for he distance. However,the limit on speed is 80 kmph as it is a 15" pressed steel disc wheel and not the 16" alloy.

This is set in order to maintain vehicle stability since the size of the spare wheel is different from the other 3 wheels.Above the rated speed, the vehicle would not be properly balanced. (Similar to the case of lost wheel alignment or uneven tyre pressure i.e pulling towards one side )
This causes non uniform tyre wear and also impacts the fuel economy.
So it is advisable to get the flt tyre repaired and refitted as early as possible.

Please use the sparewheel only to take the car to the puncture shop.

Maruti Baleno : Official Review-wp_20160808_15_43_00_pro.jpg
SRINIDHI13 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th August 2016, 15:11   #1274
BANNED

I was getting about 19-20 kmpl from my 8 months old baleno diesel. However recently I noticed that the MID is showing 15-16 kmpl with 100% AC. Have anyone noticed the same? Few months back I have taken my car for replacing the faulty fuel filter as a part of recall. This fuel filter can cause a drop in mileage? I am driving only in the city and I have never checked it using other methods apart from trusting the MID.
Old 9th August 2016, 19:14   #1275
BHPian

Can anyone shed some light on whether this is a sigma with projector and fog lamps or an alpha with sigma grill? Now its very unlikely for any alpha owner to replace his/her car's grill with that of the base variant. So the projectors are now available as MGA/MGP then?

Maruti Baleno : Official Review-sigma-alpha.jpg

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks