Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th September 2016, 16:48   #1366

Re: Maruti Baleno : Official Review

Today I went to NEXA Kalyani in JP Nagar and signed the documents required for registration. RM said he shall send the vehicle for registration tomorrow morning and deliver the vehicle in the evening.

After some time he called me and asked me to remit the balance amount ( I had remitted Rs. 5 lacs on 8.9.2016). Immediately I remitted the amount by RTGS and got the confirmation from RM.

After 30 minutes RM called and informed that the Car is still lying in Dabbaspet which is 70 kms away from Bangalore and they are not able to get it loaded to the truck as trucks are not available and considering the situation in Bangalore it may not reach them before 17.09.2016.

I was really disappointed as the same RM had promised me the delivery of the vehicle tomorrow. Then the real NEXA experience happened, including my RM no one was reachable. Either they were not responding or they were busy on another call.

I sent a mail to Kalyani Motors customer care for which till now I have not received acknowledgement. There is no provision for complaints in the nexaexperience website. You can complain only when you have taken the delivery of the car (this is more to do with servicing issues).

Then I tried their Toll Free number, the lady who answered my call patiently suggested that I can take delivery of the vehicle after October 1st ( I had mentioned to her that I need to take the delivery on or before 15.09.2016 as from 17.09.2016 Shradh Maasa will commence). I informed that lady if that was the case I need not have contacted her. Finally she gave the complaint number.

After this, with repeated calls and a threat to the NEXA guys, they called me and said the car has to be brought by road and they need approval from their supervisor, later they changed their version and said the car was loaded to the truck and shall be reaching today evening (14.09.2016) at another stockyard which is about 15 kms away and deliver can happen tomorrow provided I agree for Temporary registration.

With no other option I agreed for Temporary Registration and keeping my fingers crossed for tomorrow's delivery.
ravindranm is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th September 2016, 01:30   #1367

Experiencing the nexa experience. Was told by my RM last month, that I should get my car by end of August as it is 5th in line. In the last week of August, he tells me that there is a delay but I am the 3rd in line to get delivery and should get it soon and that he would let me know as soon as the car is dispatched. Then on Sep 7th he said that the car has been dispatched. I called him on the 14th and he tells me that the car has not yet been dispatched. When I reminded him that he has said a week back that the car had been dispatched, he says that he never said that. Now he says the the car can be dispatched anytime and I should get it in 7days from the date of dispatch.
What I don't understand is, how can they have such an outdated system where a car dispatch is unpredictable. They don't even know when the next set of cars would come. According to them, they are informed only when the car is dispatched.
And throughout the waiting period, I was never contacted by the showroom. Not one message or email confirmation that I have booked a "premium" hatchback, from a showroom that supposedly is exclusively for a "premium" experience. Not one call, providing an update on the status.
I am not sure how they are continuing to run like this and I am pretty sure that they would not dare do this in any of their foreign markets.
sidrn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th September 2016, 07:24   #1368
Sip
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidrn View Post
Experiencing the nexa experience. Was told by my RM last month, that I should get my car by end of August as it is 5th in line. In the last week of August, he tells me that there is a delay but I am the 3rd in line to get delivery and should get it soon and that he would let me know as soon as the car is dispatched. Then on Sep 7th he said that the car has been dispatched. I called him on the 14th and he tells me that the car has not yet been dispatched. When I reminded him that he has said a week back that the car had been dispatched, he says that he never said it.
And throughout the waiting period, I was never contacted by the showroom.
I am not sure how they are continuing to run like this and I am pretty sure that they would not dare do this in any of their foreign markets.
I too had such experience from NEXA when I bought my S-Cross. There was delay of about 4 months and endless lies which were easily detected. I used to confront the RM on lies but shockingly he would repeat! Some of them are so ordinary that they tell lies shamelessly and amazingly unwittingly. Yes some of them are what NEXA proclaims them to be. OK yes, sales guys do twist the things but to ensure that such things remain palatable it must be done without compromising etiquettes. At NEXA i would advise that one must be aware of this and avoid being unsuspecting without fully making sure.

Last edited by Sip : 16th September 2016 at 07:45.
Old 16th September 2016, 11:04   #1369

Finally I got my Car delivered yesterday, I strictly adhered to the PDI instructions of Team BHP, even though due to shortage of time I was not able to make PDI at the stock yard, I did PDI in the showroom.

I applied leave and I told my RM that entire day is reserved for him. I am not in a hurry and I want to enjoy every bit of the moment of taking delivery of the car.

RM was very courteous and I should be fair to my RM because he never gave false promise. As he became close to him he informed several things which we normally does not come to know. RMs are not at all informed when the Car gets dispatched and they have to beg with the higher ups for information. This being a car in great demand they are also least bothered. No effort is involved in selling the car, hence you cannot expect the usual things that happen when you buy a car which has lot of discounts etc.

But my sincere advice is forget everything when you are taking delivery of the car, because this is a great moment in our life. As suggested in the PDI list I gave a small gift to the RM and sweets to the entire staff of Nexa. I could see the sparkle in the eyes of security guard, the cleaning person when I gave sweets to them.

Overall it was a momentous day and Car (Zeta CVT) is just fabulous.

Thanks to Team BHP and my fellow BHPians for the advice and support.

My beauty getting ready for delivery.
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti Baleno : Official Review-zetacvt.jpeg  

ravindranm is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 16th September 2016, 11:38   #1370
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravindranm View Post
Finally I got my Car delivered yesterday,

Overall it was a momentous day and Car (Zeta CVT) is just fabulous.

Congratulations ravindranm So, you have taken delivery with Temp registration?
Old 16th September 2016, 12:35   #1371

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sip View Post
I too had such experience from NEXA when I bought my S-Cross. There was delay of about 4 months and endless lies which were easily detected. I used to confront the RM on lies but shockingly he would repeat! Some of them are so ordinary that they tell lies shamelessly and amazingly unwittingly. Yes some of them are what NEXA proclaims them to be. OK yes, sales guys do twist the things but to ensure that such things remain palatable it must be done without compromising etiquettes. At NEXA i would advise that one must be aware of this and avoid being unsuspecting without fully making sure.
Exactly, the lies is what I don't understand. Nexa needs to improve their overall management of orders and deliveries. You can't afford to survive with this sort of functioning, with the kind of competition that you have today. If not for the space, I would have gone for the Polo. Even considered the jazz, but with t
he sort of issues that have been reported didn't feel like going for it.

Congrats ravindranm. The granite gray almost looks like black. Wishing you many happy miles with your new ride. I am going to the showroom today, to see if I can get any updates on my car's delivery.
Old 16th September 2016, 12:56   #1372

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prodigy07 View Post
Congratulations ravindranm So, you have taken delivery with Temp registration?
No fortunately the RM arranged for the regular registration and today I am getting the Registration number.
Old 16th September 2016, 13:59   #1373
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by spsam View Post
The price of the Maruti Baleno Alpha variant's tail lamp is Rs.5,250 per lamp for the left and right side. This is the MRP including taxes. I had mine replaced 3 months ago.
Hi

What's different about alpha tail lamps?
Old 16th September 2016, 14:18   #1374
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sathish81 View Post
Hi

What's different about alpha tail lamps?
The lower variants don't have the LED strip below the LED lights.

Please check the difference mentioned in the first page of our review.
Old 17th September 2016, 15:09   #1375
BHPian

Got my Zeta CVT. NEXA - SadashivNagar BLR.
Overall experience was positive. Wish I got more updates on the booking status during the Loooooong wait!
Booked in May beginning; Delivery : mid September.

Delivery was seamless.
The person handing over gave a very detailed walkthrough. Car was in great shape, Accessories fixed as requested. [Got that door beading - hopefully will prevent some "rubbing shoulders" in the jams!]
Thanks to the TBHP PDI. I followed that.

Car had done some 30km - fine. They gave a 10L fuel coupon.
I tried out 31PSI tyre pressure; reduced after a few km to 29 PSI - Feels perfect.
Driving mainly in City - 12.x KM/L as of now - will change soon I know.

First Impressions:
- Am not revving enough - I keep holding up traffic - seem to be going much slower than I usually did with stick shift.[I'm not a new driver - driving for 35 years] Obviously overdoing the "try not to rev too much before 2000km" bit. Getting used to the CVT. Felt much better a day later.
- Engine feels VERY smooth. May be in comparison with my earlier rides. [Had a Swift ZDi earlier. Sold that 9 months ago, then was on a temp 2005 model Zen ]
- Very Happy with the seating comfort and upholstery. [Might upgrade to faux leather sometime] Steering too. Nicely customisable.
- Am getting a feeling the car is pulling to the left very very slightly. (?) Will drive around for a few more days and get a balancing, alignment done if the feeling persists.
- Horn - I thought the Swift horn sounded better (inside!). May be its the same model, sounds different.
- Headlights: Been reading a lot about folks changing bulbs. I felt OK with stock lamps. For the 95% city, 5% highway - I'm ok with stock.
- Freebies : They bundled in foot mats and a car care kit. Shampoo, micro-fibre cloth etc.
- Totally like the tinted windows! Very classy.
- Am kicked by the self adjusting internal rear view mirror! First time for me.
- And the folding external mirrors - I was not aware the Zeta CVT had that. I ain't complainin'
- Same story with the parking sensors. [".... what's that beeping??..... oh yes yes - I know Of course!....."]
- Boot space - Mega Boot!

Hope they won't call me back tomorrow after reading this post : "... pls bring in your car Sir,... ummm we think we gave you a few extras by mistake...."

- 3M work : I'm thinking about that underbody coating - not to prevent rust; to reduce road and tyre noise. Any suggestions? Is it worth it?
- How good is the scratch resistant film they recommend on bumpers? Feedback/Suggestions?
- I plan to do a speaker upgrade. Suggestions please.
Thanks in Advance.
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti Baleno : Official Review-img_6044.jpg  

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 18th September 2016 at 20:20. Reason: Smileys = 2 per post. Please stick to the rules of the board. Thanks!
CLIX is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 17th September 2016, 23:10   #1376
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidrn View Post
.... According to them, they are informed only when the car is dispatched....
Well, that's true, unfortunately. For cars with huge backlogs, Maruti decides a color to be manufactured in bulk (mostly based on the demand of color) and sends those to each dealers. So the color reaching a dealer need not be in tune to the queue for buyers. Once the vehicles are dispatched, the dealer gets the info on the color / variant shipped to them. If anyone has opted for an 'open color choice', they tend to gain if the buyers in front of them in the queue chooses not to accept any other colours apart from their choice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CLIX View Post
....- 3M work : I'm thinking about that underbody coating - not to prevent rust; to reduce road and tyre noise. Any suggestions? Is it worth it?
- How good is the scratch resistant film they recommend on bumpers? Feedback/Suggestions?
- I plan to do a speaker upgrade. Suggestions please...
Congrats on the car. The first two items are purely a personal choice. I'd advise the underbody coating, but dont expect a massive difference please.

Personally, am not a fan of the PPF film & will skip it.

Speakers should be chosen based on your music preference. Skip Xplod series as that's not good. Please listen to JBL / Polk / Alpine / Pioneer brands (preferably with some of your favourite songs) & pick the one suits your listening preference.

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 17th September 2016 at 23:13.
swiftnfurious is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th September 2016, 23:28   #1377
BHPian

Quote:
I plan to do a speaker upgrade. Suggestions please.
You can get it done from Nexa but it will expensive. Get it done from your local car accessories store but make sure they don't cut, splice or reaplce any of the factory wires.

Quote:
3M work : I'm thinking about that underbody coating - not to prevent rust; to reduce road and tyre noise. Any suggestions? Is it worth it?
If you really want to reduce noise entering the cabin then get sound dampening done along with the speaker upgrade. Doors, trunk and floor. 3M does this but it is better to go with the Dynamite or something because they are similar to 3M's and cheaper. I forgot what it is called but 3M also does one of those door stuffing thing which helps reduce noise. Check with your local 3M dealer.
tjacob is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th September 2016, 22:31   #1378

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
Well, that's true, unfortunately. For cars with huge backlogs, Maruti decides a color to be manufactured in bulk (mostly based on the demand of color) and sends those to each dealers. So the color reaching a dealer need not be in tune to the queue for buyers. Once the vehicles are dispatched, the dealer gets the info on the color / variant shipped to them. If anyone has opted for an 'open color choice', they tend to gain if the buyers in front of them in the queue chooses not to accept any other colours apart from their choice
Yep. I guess that's the case. I went to the showroom on Friday. The RM was genuinely sorry for the delay. He did mention that they don't get any info from maruti Suzuki, so there is nothing that they can do until the car is dispatched.
So the wait is on. Hope that I get it before month end at least.

Quote:
- Freebies : They bundled in foot mats and a car care kit. Shampoo, micro-fibre cloth etc.
Congratulations on your new car.
Are you sure those are freebies? I have also booked my car, zeta 1.2 manual, from nexa palace sadashivnagar. They have charged me 6360 for accessories and these include the foot mats, boot mat, a leather pouch for documents, idol,USB fast charger and mud flaps.

Mod Note : Please use the EDIT or MULTI-QUOTE buttons instead of typing one post after another on the SAME THREAD!

To know how to multi-quote, click here.

We advise you to read the Forum Rules before proceeding any further.

Last edited by SDP : 18th September 2016 at 22:57. Reason: Merging back to back posts
sidrn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th September 2016, 11:03   #1379

Has anyone purchased the Pioneer HU that NEXA is selling to replace the stock Infotainment system in the Zeta/Delta trim? Are there any better options that I can go for which will not void the warranty?
Old 19th September 2016, 13:53   #1380
BHPian

Quote:
Got my Zeta CVT.
Congrats CLIX on your Zeta CVT.

Yes, stock horn in Baleno definitely sounds weaker than Swift and Ertiga.

With regards to under-body protection, MSM Chennai asked me to wait for couple of months to get it done. Most of the cars have under-body protection applied at the factory itself. The benefit of 3M coating apart from rust protection is a bit of noise reduction.

If you really want to have a noise free drive (90%), the best solution is to get the doors and trunk damped from a good ICE installer.

I'm planning to get the doors damped sometime in the beginning of next year!
Prodigy07 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks