Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th October 2016, 22:29   #1456
BHPian

Re: Maruti Baleno : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarguyNish View Post
Thanks a lot, but what about the Maintenance Cost, do we have a Service Cost Calculator like on Ford & Skoda ?
Yes, there is an official app from Maruti Suzuki for estimating service costs, Maruti Care.

A screenshot from the app for reference:
Maruti Baleno : Official Review-screenshot_20161015222011.png

Ignore the cost mentioned in the image, as it is of our Ritz VXI (petrol variant).
No idea about the service costs, but should be more or less equal to that of Maruti Swift D.

Last edited by Tojo_GotBhp : 15th October 2016 at 22:30. Reason: Adding additional info.
Tojo_GotBhp is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th October 2016, 17:43   #1457
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
If there's one thing Maruti excels at, it's marketing (+ distribution + sales).

The Baleno is the ONLY ad that comes between F1 races. And now, this picture from the Amazon India Fashion Week. From being a flop brand, the name Baleno has now become a success. Factors like these are small, yet important contributors.
See what I mean? The Baleno is at all the cool events, this time at Wicked Weekends.

Quote:
Baleno Wicked Weekends is dedicated to create memorable experiences and reinventing the urban nightlife scene across India. This will be a year-long party marathon spaced over 40 weeks and will be held at the biggest party destinations across 6 different cities between 2016 and 2017 featuring some of the most popular independent artists from the Indie music scene both in India and internationally.
Maruti Baleno : Official Review-photo-1.jpg

Maruti Baleno : Official Review-photo-2.jpg

Maruti Baleno : Official Review-photo-3.jpg
GTO is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 20th October 2016, 16:27   #1458
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
See what I mean? The Baleno is at all the cool events, this time at Wicked Weekends.
It looks like we need to redeem 1000 points from our NEXA card to attend Baleno Wicked Weekends!
Old 20th October 2016, 18:43   #1459
Senior - BHPian

Guys this is a question for all those who got their cars from NEXA Lower Parel.

I very clearly remember telling accessory guy that I wanted a 3M underbody coating and I was promised I will get it.I was told it will be a transparent coat.

I realized they have coated ( even this I am not sure ) with some other company coat, since 3M does not have a clear coat.( came to know about this after a casual visit to 3M ).

I was charged 4700rs for it.

What was your experience regarding it? I will share my bill details soon.
and a underbody shot as well.

My car has done 3950Kms till now, and I am not sure if underbody coating ( Transparent one ) is done or not, any idea how do I check?

Last edited by silverado : 20th October 2016 at 18:45.
Old 20th October 2016, 19:54   #1460
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverado View Post

I very clearly remember telling accessory guy that I wanted a 3M underbody coating and I was promised I will get it.I was told it will be a transparent coat.

I realized they have coated ( even this I am not sure ) with some other company coat, since 3M does not have a clear coat.( came to know about this after a casual visit to 3M ).

My car has done 3950Kms till now, and I am not sure if underbody coating ( Transparent one ) is done or not, any idea how do I check?
I had canceled my booking with this dealer because they seemed pretty shady. Took my old car guaranteeing delivery, then missed the deadline thrice. Also flicked a pretty kickass cell charger from my other car when it was given to their valet. I fumed so much about that, and their attitude was lackadaisical. I am seriously considering the S-Cross but want to avoid these guys - unfortunately nothing else in the vicinity. I won't be surprised if they have indeed ripped you off. You honestly should confront them. From what I understand it is owned by the Kalmadi family - infamous due to the Commonwealth Games - that hardly inspires confidence.
invidious is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st October 2016, 00:31   #1461
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverado View Post

The underbody coating (in the sense that it is commonly used) is a big thick rubbery tar like layer. Its virtually impossible to miss. This is what 3M does and in fact you dont even need 3M, Maruti themselves sell a similar coating as an MGA. So not sure what this clear coating is, maybe they have just done nothing and charged you as well. It has happened before with the commonwealth games as the other poster mentioned

There is a thin and clear anti-corrosive coating for the metal that several manufacturers use, notably VW, but that is basically a complex chemical process that requires dunking the whole chassis in a huge tank and can only be done realistically during the manufacturing process. It has more to do with metallurgy than any aftermarket hack jobs.

Last edited by chncar : 21st October 2016 at 00:33.
chncar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st October 2016, 11:18   #1462

Friends i got delivery of Baleno Diesel Delta Variant. Wish to know what are different type of Coatings one should go for ?
Ur suggestion on Underbody Coat /Teflon / Silencer Coating & Engine Coating are welcome.
Old 21st October 2016, 18:37   #1463
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chncar View Post
The underbody coating (in the sense that it is commonly used) is a big thick rubbery tar like layer. Its virtually impossible to miss.
There is a thin and clear anti-corrosive coating for the metal
Quote:
Originally Posted by invidious View Post
I had canceled my booking with this dealer because they seemed pretty shady.
I took my car to SAI service PUNE today. I played a story about how my brother got car underbody coated from outside, and I wanted to verify if it was properly done.

They took car over a section when underbody could be inspected ( Had a basement section ), 3-4 guys looked at it in detail with torch, and gave me a .

They said there are 2 types of transparent underbody coating and the one which is applied to my car is the thin variant, but coating is surely done.

To be fair with SAI service Lowerparel, I did not face any hassles during entire car buying process , RM associated was prompt and responsive at all times.So no complaints there.

The only issue here is that instead of 3M this is different underbody coating and its too late for me to argue over this. ( Should have checked it at delivery time ).
silverado is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th October 2016, 11:00   #1464
VMC
BHPian

I received my Baleno Alpha Fire Red Petrol last week.
RM Hareesh (Nexa Koramangala) was courteous and answered all my questions. Delivery was usual NEXA style with cake, bouquet and big box of ferrero rocher chocolates.
Saved 10K on insurance since I transferred the NCB of my old car insurance.
Also saved around 8k since I did not opt for the basic accessories.

Weekend was appointment with 3M Koramangala for
1) Paint Sealant treatment
2) 3M nomad mats
3) PPF treatment on door edges, lower part of bumper, OVRMs, boot strip and door handle
The paint treatment outcome was fantastic. The car's look has transformed.
Some pictures attached.

Pending:-
1) CR70 Front Windshield Screen
2) Number plates in a different style
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti Baleno : Official Review-img_20161023_180504806min.jpg  

Maruti Baleno : Official Review-img_20161023_183428498min.jpg  

Maruti Baleno : Official Review-img_20161023_190238581min.jpg  

Last edited by VMC : 25th October 2016 at 11:04.
VMC is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 25th October 2016, 12:04   #1465
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VMC View Post

Weekend was appointment with 3M Koramangala for
1) Paint Sealant treatment
3) PPF treatment on door edges, lower part of bumper, OVRMs, boot strip and door handle
The paint treatment outcome was fantastic. The car's look has transformed.
How much did the above two cost?
Old 25th October 2016, 14:47   #1466
VMC
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CA Dhruv View Post
How much did the above two cost?
Paint sealant called "Essential Treatment" ( I think) cost around 4200 for Baleno. Varies from car to car depending on size/segment
PPF costed me around 15k
3M Nomad mats costed around 6900.
VMC is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st October 2016, 12:50   #1467
Distinguished - BHPian

Baleno Attitude - Dont go close and Stares backs are the latest TVC's !

Quote:
In the latest campaign conceptualised by Hakuhodo Percept, the car’s defiant and intimidating attitude is further unveiled. Captured in a series of TVCs, the Baleno is portrayed in a very edgy manner, making its message clear, which is spirited with no holds barred. Each TVC is unique in its own way but the common thread that runs through them is an underlying tone that’s unmistakably daring.
Link

Last edited by volkman10 : 31st October 2016 at 12:59.
Old 1st November 2016, 12:26   #1468
BHPian

The Stock horns in my Baleno were sounding pathetic. So, took the car to MSM yesterday to get them checked. To my surprise the OEM ones are not Hella.

I don't want to get the Windtone trumpets with relay and loose warranty.

So, my SA advised me to get Hella (with stock rating) fixed from an accessories shop

Last edited by Prodigy07 : 1st November 2016 at 12:27.
Old 2nd November 2016, 20:11   #1469
BHPian

Took my Zeta CVT for some 3M TLC. Under Body coating. Acoustics dampers and body stiffeners on all doors to reduce overall noise ingress into cabin. I find the stock ICE sounds better. Very Happy.

Went to 3M at UB City BLR. Mr. Sharad the "boss man" there was very helpful in guiding me through the options and helped me make an informed decision I was comfortable with. Will go there again for a Paint Sealant work.
Mugambo Khush Hua!
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti Baleno : Official Review-img_6261.jpg  

Maruti Baleno : Official Review-img_6266.jpg  

CLIX is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 3rd November 2016, 11:56   #1470
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CLIX View Post
Took my Zeta CVT for some 3M TLC. Acoustics dampers and body stiffeners on all doors to reduce overall noise ingress into cabin. I find the stock ICE sounds better. Very Happy.
Hi CLIX,

Could you please share more details on 3M Acoustic dampers and body stiffeners?

How different are these from the usual Damping?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks