Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th December 2015, 07:11   #181
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherlocked View Post
Just checked the posts, okay the top Asta(o) has manual day/night mirror without auto dimming.
What I meant to say that top variant of Elite i20 looses the auto dimming IRVM which the Baleno gets from Zeta and Alpha variants. (pic attached from Baleno Official Review)
You can take it either ways to be honest . It's just the top end Asta(O) which does not get the auto-dimming IVRM.The Sports and Asta variants still get IVRM.

Besides the reason price difference is mentioned in the disadvantages section is because the i20 feels a lot more premium and more importantly better built than the Baleno . My brother and I picked the i20 diesel over the Baleno for this major reason. At 35k more you get a much more premium,better built hatchback with an engine that feels a lot better.

Just my two cents
Happy motoring
VRPAI is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th December 2015, 00:12   #182
BHPian

Re: Maruti Baleno : Official Review

I have booked Baleno and its expected to come next year. Pushing Nexa dealer to give me delivery this year so that i can escape price increase.

At the same time i had also booked Figo earlier so need to cancel one of these booking.

Right now super confused which one to cancel and which one to go ahead. In case of Baleno i have choose Zeta 1.2 Petrol which cost around 7.2 OTR in delhi and for Figo i will be taking 1.5 TDCi which again will cost same OTR after some discounts so budget is not a deciding factor. Both car has ABS and Airbags so that is also same.

If safety is one of the top priority concern than which one is better built? Figo or Baleno or there is not much difference.
Old 20th December 2015, 09:00   #183
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karansm4u View Post
I have booked Baleno and its expected to come next year. Pushing Nexa dealer to give me delivery this year so that i can escape price increase.
If you ask me I'll ask you to go for the figo.Its better built, the engine is a gem,has a decent feature set and is a little pocket rocket. It's one of the more easiest cars to drive as well. There is no lag and once u put the foot down,the car surges ahead like a rocket. The car is immensely fun to drive. However if space is a major concern for you, you can opt for the baleno.

Just my two cents

Last edited by ampere : 20th December 2015 at 09:59. Reason: Edited quoted post
Old 20th December 2015, 10:27   #184
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karansm4u View Post

If safety is one of the top priority concern than which one is better built? Figo or Baleno or there is not much difference.
I have test driven both the cars recently and found Figo Diesel Titanium is a better alternative.
It has the minimum safety features and over all, is better built and the 1.5 L engine--very good indeed. Baleno Diesel doesn't come near it. More, Ford has started over the counter sale of accessories and the company claims that their maintenance cost is quite near that of Maruti and Hyundai. As far as Baleno is concerned, I found the car sturdy but my mind could never reconcile with the fact that it is 100 kg lighter than Swift. Except the company claimed "premium" tag, I found nothing premium with the car. Go for Figo Diesel Titanium.
ajitstreet is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th December 2015, 14:08   #185

Hi All,

My RM has told me that I will get the delivery this year itself (around 27). What's your suggestion? Should I wait for 4-5 more days and get the delivery next year? Does it make any difference? I am asking this because the prices are expected to be increased by UP TO 20k.

Does anyone know EXACTLY how much would be the hike? I intend to keep the car for at least till 4 years. Please suggest ASAP

Thanks.
Old 20th December 2015, 15:29   #186
BHPian

To all BHPians, who have booked the Baleno in Ray Blue color (like me) , an update.
Just visited Nexa showroom here and the Sales Executive showed me the test drive Ray Blue that had been damaged by a customer. But the worrying part was that the Maruti workshop could not match the colour and it looks like a separate patch.
He says that the workshop will have problems because it is a complex colour. Then stood and compared the two colours in similar light, took advise from family and then told him to change my booking to Granite Gray which was initially my second preference.
Although he said that he has a premium silver which can be delivered in 2-3 days if I want, but personally do not want that colour. So will be getting the car in January when the next allotment comes.
Old 20th December 2015, 15:48   #187
BHPian

I wanted to book a white baleno, ended confirming ray blue color. Luckily vehicle alloted in the first lot, though faced some struggles with NEXA dealer on delivery, at last the car was delivered last friday. Looks stunning in this blue
Old 20th December 2015, 18:44   #188
BHPian

Wanted to share some pics of the Nexa Seat covers as shared by the RM who is handling accessories:
1. This seat cover set costing is 8.5k odd (artificial leather).

Maruti Baleno : Official Review-img20151123wa0003.jpg
Maruti Baleno : Official Review-img20151123wa0004.jpg
Maruti Baleno : Official Review-img20151123wa0005.jpg

2. Another variant in artificial leather costing 9.5k (has slight work in velvet in this option)
Maruti Baleno : Official Review-img20151211wa0014.jpg
Maruti Baleno : Official Review-img20151211wa0015.jpg
Maruti Baleno : Official Review-img20151211wa0017.jpg

3. This is the premium artificial leather costing 13k
Maruti Baleno : Official Review-img20151123wa0008.jpg
Maruti Baleno : Official Review-img20151123wa0009.jpg

Please note that as per my discussion with this Nexa guy (this is for mumbai city), there is very limited stock of each of these. In different cities there might be some other patterns/ designs available and these are not the only variants available.
abhik897 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 21st December 2015, 21:40   #189

Re: Maruti Baleno vs other B-segment Hatchbacks

I understand majority are going in for Ray Blue color, however I just wanted to get a more specific idea and views as to which is the best color in Baleno according to the following criteria--

1)Pure Looks?
2)Long term maintenance and practicality?
3)Resale Value?
Old 22nd December 2015, 12:25   #190
BHPian

I am having issue with the climate control system of my Baleno zeta. The heater doesn't seem to be working. I tried setting temperature to the highest in both manual and auto mode but still it's just throwing our cold air. I remember it was working a few days back when I had tested it for a few seconds. Recently my car's left corner had bumped into another car when parking. It was very light and no damage was done except 1 small dent. Do you thing it has something to do with the heater/blower issue?
Old 22nd December 2015, 12:43   #191
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chandra1 View Post
I am having issue with the climate control system of my Baleno zeta. The heater doesn't seem to be working. I tried setting temperature to the highest in both manual and auto mode but still it's just throwing our cold air. I remember it was working a few days back when I had tested it for a few seconds. Recently my car's left corner had bumped into another car when parking. It was very light and no damage was done except 1 small dent. Do you thing it has something to do with the heater/blower issue?
The bump certainly is not the issue, get your thermo stat checked. Usually they get broken very easily when there are fluctuations in temp. Do post the reason for issue and how did RM co ordinate, if at all..
Old 22nd December 2015, 16:53   #192
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhansali_hardik View Post
The bump certainly is not the issue, get your thermo stat checked. Usually they get broken very easily when there are fluctuations in temp. Do post the reason for issue and how did RM co ordinate, if at all..
I was talking to my RM a few days back and he told me that I don't need to contact him or anyone in the dealership for repairing, insurance claim or other issues. I can contact the nearest service station directly. By coincidence my nearest service station (Vasant Kunj) belongs to the same dealership. I talked to them today and they asked me to bring the vehicle anytime and they will resolve the issue. I am thinking of visiting them tomorrow. Will update how things go.
Old 22nd December 2015, 17:34   #193
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by chandra1 View Post
I am having issue with the climate control system of my Baleno zeta. The heater doesn't seem to be working. I tried setting temperature to the highest in both manual and auto mode but still it's just throwing our cold air. I remember it was working a few days back when I had tested it for a few seconds.
Did you test this right after starting the car after the car was parked overnight or for a longer duration? Asking because the heater core which provides the draft of hot air, takes the heat from the coolant and the coolant takes a while to get heated up. Wait for a while for the needle of the coolant temperature gauge to move and test it.
Gannu_1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd December 2015, 18:04   #194
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sameer.ahuja81 View Post
Hi All,

My RM has told me that I will get the delivery this year itself (around 27). What's your suggestion? Should I wait for 4-5 more days and get the delivery next year? Does it make any difference? I am asking this because the prices are expected to be increased by UP TO 20k.

Does anyone know EXACTLY how much would be the hike? I intend to keep the car for at least till 4 years. Please suggest ASAP

Thanks.
Pay the complete invoice of the car now and then have them register it next year (Jan 1st), that should solve your dilemma.
Old 22nd December 2015, 18:35   #195
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gannu_1 View Post
Did you test this right after starting the car after the car was parked overnight or for a longer duration? Asking because the heater core which provides the draft of hot air, takes the heat from the coolant and the coolant takes a while to get heated up. Wait for a while for the needle of the coolant temperature gauge to move and test it.
Yes the car was parked for a few hours in night. I was sitting in the car waiting for someone and it was really cold so I turned the blower on to make the cabin warm and I let it run for more than 5 minutes but the air was still cold. Can it take more than 5 minutes to heat up?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks