Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th January 2016, 15:32   #376

Re: Maruti Baleno : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by farooq817 View Post
I was informed by the RM that the waiting period for Ray Blue would be more than any of the other colors. Add an additional 2-3 weeks if you are looking for this. That said, I have seen a number of Baleno on the road. The Ray Blue color is least spotted. When I went to Nexa to pay the balance payment for my car, there was a Ray Blue being delivered. When I asked the owner when the car was booked, he informed that it was a day after the launch of the price i.e., 27th October and had to make a lot of calls/emails with someone in his family who works in Maruti and raise his voice to get the Ray Blue delivered.

What might be the reason? Are they holding back this color for the export variants? This is the color under which the car has been marketed. Does not make sense holding it back since a lot of people are interested in this color.
Fortunately or Unfortunately , I have booked the ray blue colour. The RM at Nexa Kochi does not reply to my mails when I ask if I can choose another colour and if that is the reason for long waiting period.
Old 12th January 2016, 16:35   #377
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpm2015 View Post
Fortunately or Unfortunately , I have booked the ray blue colour. The RM at Nexa Kochi does not reply to my mails when I ask if I can choose another colour and if that is the reason for long waiting period.
If you are interested in any color other than Ray Blue, then visit the showroom and make sure that the RM changes the same in your booking documents. I had the same trouble trying to follow up with the RM over email, phone, watsapp. Finally, I had to visit the showroom to make sure that it was reflected.
farooq817 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th January 2016, 17:05   #378
BHPian

Have been busy lately and though I'm late to comment, I must say: Excellent review Aditya and team! Great effort compiling so much information and titbits that would otherwise go unnoticed by new car buyers. Rated 5 stars!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aditya View Post
• Good news is, on the variants without the engine start button, there's no ugly plastic cap reminding you of what you're missing. Thanks to BHPian HolyDriver for sharing this picture.
Glad I could help in a small way

Last edited by HolyDriver : 12th January 2016 at 17:05. Reason: typo
HolyDriver is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th January 2016, 05:24   #379
BHPian

Quote:
If you are interested in any color other than Ray Blue, then visit the showroom and make sure that the RM changes the same in your booking documents. I had the same trouble trying to follow up with the RM over email, phone, watsapp. Finally, I had to visit the showroom to make sure that it was reflected.

I'm in Hyderabad too and booked a ray blue zeta. Which dealer is this ?

I did provide the RM with an alternative color in case of further delays but with RB being the primary option.
Old 13th January 2016, 06:09   #380
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Naren View Post
White LED parking lights cost 200 rs. I got it installed from MASS and it is MGP. It is direct fitment and no wiring change is required. It hardly took 2 minutes for installation.
Can you kindly let us know the part number for the MGP LEDs??

Regards,
Shashi
Leoshashi is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 13th January 2016, 06:48   #381
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjacob View Post
I'm in Hyderabad too and booked a ray blue zeta. Which dealer is this ?

I did provide the RM with an alternative color in case of further delays but with RB being the primary option.
I booked my car at Varun Nexa, Road No.2, Banjara Hills. When was the booking done for your car and when are you expecting delivery?
Old 13th January 2016, 08:27   #382
BHPian

Quote:
When was the booking done for your car and when are you expecting delivery?

I booked in the last week of December and the RM made a half hearted promise to have it delivered by the second or third week of March. It was at Sai Service, Somajiguda.

He himself was unsure of the waiting and had a sense of uncertainty in his words. I don't fault him in anyway because obviously things are beyond his control.So I'm not really getting my hopes high. I have other options sorted out and will go for them if the Baleno seems out of reach but really hoping that it gets delivered.

Last edited by tjacob : 13th January 2016 at 08:35.
Old 13th January 2016, 09:15   #383
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leoshashi View Post
Can you kindly let us know the part number for the MGP LEDs??

Regards,
Shashi
MGP part number 990J0 M 75L11-040
Part name is Interior Light Roof Lamp, but it can be used as front parking LED lights too.
Cheers
Dr.Naren is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th January 2016, 10:30   #384
BHPian

Quote:
I booked in the last week of December and the RM made a half hearted promise to have it delivered by the second or third week of March. It was at Sai Service, Somajiguda.

He himself was unsure of the waiting and had a sense of uncertainty in his words. I don't fault him in anyway because obviously things are beyond his control.So I'm not really getting my hopes high. I have other options sorted out and will go for them if the Baleno seems out of reach but really hoping that it gets delivered.
Going by your booking date, 3 months sounds like a reasonable time. I booked mine on 1st November and took delivery on 22nd December which is 8 weeks. But do have a regular follow up with them. If you are paying the entire amount and not taking any loan, keep the RM informed. There might be a chance that someone is not ready to take the delivery of the car and it can be allotted to you within 2 days as well.
Old 13th January 2016, 13:26   #385
BHPian

I had booked a Premium Silver Delta at Rana Nexa, East of Kailash N.Delhi on 15th Dec'15.
On the booking form, the RM had written a waiting period of 3months & got a signature against it , but indicated that I would probably get delivery by middle of Feb'16.
On ringing them up today, to my horror I was told that Maruti is extending the delivery period of all petrol variants/any color to 6 months & I could expect the car only by mid May'16, counting 6 months from 15 Dec'15!
He expressed ignorance as to why this is happening but most probably Maruti is giving priority to exports & considers Indian customers as captives who need to be served only when they care to do so.
This is really disheartening & I really do not know what to do at the moment.....cancel & go in for another car or to stick it out.
If any FM has any contact in Maruti, it would be nice to know whether this is actually so or is there any hope of a quicker delivery than what the Nexa RM indicated to me.

Last edited by Kamal : 13th January 2016 at 13:28.
Old 13th January 2016, 19:56   #386

Having driven about 900kms I was hearing a strange sound coming from left tyre. Sound was like metals rubbing against each other. I tried to overlook this issue thinking that the he same will be addressed during first free service however couldn't resist from calling the service guys from Maruti. It turned out that the servicing staff were very thoughtful and gave their full support to settle the issue. It seems that the metal plate behind brake disc was coming in contact with brake disc. The mechanic pushed it a bit away from the disc. Till now the sound has not reoccurred but I get a call everyday from Maruti service team inquiring about the sound.

Has anyone experienced cracking sound coming from back of dashboard when driving on slightly bumpy roads?

Note from Support: Spacing & grammar fixed.

Last edited by aah78 : 14th January 2016 at 20:18. Reason: Posts merged.
Old 14th January 2016, 05:59   #387
BHPian

Can someone with the accessories pricelist for the Baleno be kind enough to upload it here ? Will be better if its Hyderabad based but still doesn't matter, I just need to an idea of the prices. Also, is it possible to buy and install the Alpha's touchscreen head unit along with a reverse camera on lower variants ? I checked with the dealership here and they weren't able to provide me with the price list despite of repeated requests.
Old 14th January 2016, 10:19   #388
BHPian

Quote:
Can someone with the accessories pricelist for the Baleno be kind enough to upload it here ? Will be better if its Hyderabad based but still doesn't matter, I just need to an idea of the prices. Also, is it possible to buy and install the Alpha's touchscreen head unit along with a reverse camera on lower variants ? I checked with the dealership here and they weren't able to provide me with the price list despite of repeated requests.
I do not have the accessory list in a soft copy but I did take one from the showroom during one of my trips. The accessory list does not say much about the different accessories. They had only mentioned details like Seat covers 1, seat covers 2 etc. You would not get an idea of exactly what is available. It would be better to go to the showroom and ask the RM to take you to the accessories shop at the showroom and then have a look at what you require.

I'm sure that the Alpha's touchscreen is not available as an accessory. But you do have options to buy a reverse camera and a display. Be advised that its not necessary that all the accessories that you want are readily available at the time of delivery. So plan in advance and ask the RM to procure them if required and deliver along with the required accessories.
Old 14th January 2016, 10:37   #389
BHPian

Quote:

It was posted by spsam sometime back. Check out post#1478 in this thread.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ml#post3852345
Horizon85 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th January 2016, 15:34   #390
BHPian

Baleno gets 1.4 ltr petrol engine from Ciaz

Baleno gets 1.4 ltr petrol engine...

Yes!!! even I was excited but eventually , it will get under the hood of models to be exported to South Africa.

http://auto.ndtv.com/news/maruti-suz...engine-1264680
Karthik Chandra is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks