Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th March 2016, 18:08   #676
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sathish81 View Post
Does baleno have a cabin filter(For AC) or should it installed seperatly?

Hi, Cabin filter for Baleno should be installed separately and should be replaced every 10000kms and cleaned every 5000kms. It costs about INR 350. You would probably have a call from someone from M.A.S.S during your first free service asking you to install the filter.
Old 14th March 2016, 18:25   #677
BHPian

Re: Maruti Baleno : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashishk29 View Post
Hi guys, I am also thinking of a Baleno Petrol Alpha, planning to book in a week or two.
Just wanted to know if anyone knows the current waiting period for Baleno in Pune?
My entire decision is based on the waiting period. If it is exorbitant to the order of 4+ months, I'm going for the Jazz.
I may not have an exact time line of how long it is in Pune, just to give you a insight, in Mumbai, I have booked for a Baleno in the Delta trim in Nov, 2015 for which delivery which was initially promised in Feb,16 which was pushed to March and now to mid-April.

So you can be pretty sure that the waiting is definitely more than 4 months and based on previous posts on this thread the waiting periods extend to as long as 6-7 months for petrol variants in cities around the country
AlphaLamb is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th March 2016, 18:40   #678
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaLamb View Post
I may not have an exact time line of how long it is in Pune, just to give you a insight, in Mumbai, I have booked for a Baleno in the Delta trim in Nov, 2015 for which delivery which was initially promised in Feb,16 which was pushed to March and now to mid-April.

So you can be pretty sure that the waiting is definitely more than 4 months and based on previous posts on this thread the waiting periods extend to as long as 6-7 months for petrol variants in cities around the country
Thank you for the quick response. That's what I was afraid of.
Would've loved the Baleno but gonna go for the Jazz most likely.
Old 14th March 2016, 22:56   #679
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by satz581993Mille View Post
Hi, Cabin filter for Baleno should be installed separately and should be replaced every 10000kms and cleaned every 5000kms. It costs about INR 350. You would probably have a call from someone from M.A.S.S during your first free service asking you to install the filter.
Thanks a lot. I will probably get it installed before delivery.
Old 15th March 2016, 11:05   #680
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anuraglakhotia View Post
Was driving my Baleno Zeta Petrol from Ghatkopar to Marine Drive (in Mumbai) yesterday through the Eastern Freeway. Had reset the FE indicator at the Ghatkopar signal. Captured an FE of 24.4 at the end of the Freeway near Fort . Pic attached.

I understand that the FE is not necessarily accurate for a trip of 21 kms, that too on a Freeway. However, I wonder, if I kept driving to and fro on the Freeway, would I keep getting similar FE. If that is the case, this could be an incredible FE for a petrol car for a smooth highway drive.

PS. I was driving at a constant speed of 80 kmph on the Freeway.
Baleno petrol weighs only 890 kgs and it has good drag co-efficient too. I always got 20 kmpl plus while driving on highways. Once it showed 28 kmpl in MID for a drive of 30 kms at night with nil traffic.
Cheers
Old 15th March 2016, 11:59   #681
BHPian

Just spent some time in Ludhiana traffic checking out the new Maruti Launches. The Baleno is definitely a stand out design, even more than the S-Cross.
Old 15th March 2016, 20:25   #682
Distinguished - BHPian

Maruti Suzuki India’s global model, have crossed the 100,000 units mark since the car’s launch last October. Demand for the petrol model is higher than its diesel counterpart, waiting period jumps to 6-9 months across its variants.

Quote:
The most sought after trim is the Delta edition in the mid-trim level, both in petrol and diesel variants. Thus far about 45,000 Balenos have been delivered in around four months after its rollout.
Petrol sales to 60 percent of the total with the diesel portfolio contributing the balance. At present while the petrol trim is running a waiting of 6-7 months, the diesel is running a higher 8-9 months wait.

Quote:
Overall, the Baleno has been a winner from Maruti, which is seeing the recently launched Vitara Brezza compact SUV going the way
http://www.autocarpro.in/news-nation...100-mark-10848

Last edited by volkman10 : 15th March 2016 at 20:28.
Old 17th March 2016, 21:53   #683
Distinguished - BHPian

TYRE PRESSURE DROPPED BY 2 PSI FOR BETTER LOW SPEED RIDE
Hello guys,
I drove around 60 kms with 27 psi tyre pressure. Ride was much better on broken roads compared to stock 29 psi. I guess this is the easiest fix for bouncy low speed ride. I hope there is no harm in reducing tyre pressure by 2 psi.
Cheers!
Dr.Naren is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th March 2016, 08:20   #684
NPX
BHPian

Can anybody tell that after booking baleno does maruti sends any confirmation email or sms to the customer ?
Old 19th March 2016, 10:07   #685
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPX View Post
Can anybody tell that after booking baleno does maruti sends any confirmation email or sms to the customer ?
You will get a confirmation SMS with booking number. It takes 2 days after dealers encashes your booking amount cheque.
sathish81 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th March 2016, 10:21   #686
BHPian

Nexa is doing a lot of customisations at dealer level for Baleno. Here is another one I spotted. The white coloured alloys looked very nice. I am not sure how well they would take abuse. They were painted white. Anyone knows if this kind of paint eventually chips off or not.
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti Baleno : Official Review-img_0042.jpg  

manishkapadia is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th March 2016, 11:31   #687
NPX
BHPian

Quote:
You will get a confirmation SMS with booking number. It takes 2 days after dealers encashes your booking amount cheque.
I did my booking on 15th march by cash and only got a receipt. No sms or email received yet regarding the booking from maruti.
RM is saying sms or email doesn't matter, u have the receipt means your booking is confirmed.

The receipt has order no. SOBxxxxxxxx (x=numerals).
Is it the order no. given by maruti or dealer?
Old 19th March 2016, 18:11   #688
BHPian

Hi

I did PDI of baleno cvt today. Expecting delivery next week. Have a question on decoding year of manufacture from chassis number. The 10th char of chassis number is "G" and 11th is "B". I assumed g=2016 and b= Feb. Hence I am supposedly getting a Feb 16 car. Is this assumption right? Existing baleno owners please confirm.
sathish81 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st March 2016, 10:51   #689

Quote:
Thanks a lot. I will probably get it installed before delivery.
Hi Sathish,

I gave my Baleno for first servicing today. Keeping your question in mind I asked the service adviser if he can show me A/C cabin filter. He promptly open the glove box and voila!! It was there...

The service manual says A/C cabin filter (If present) should be cleaned/replaced every 10,000 kms. I am unsure if lower variants Baleno have cabin filter. Mine is Zeta variant. Please ask the RM or service manager to show the cabin filter before asking for a new one.

Thanks,
Debashis_1

Last edited by Debashis_1 : 21st March 2016 at 11:01.
Old 21st March 2016, 11:20   #690
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPX View Post
Receipt is the only proof of you having booked a car. I never got any SMS/e-mail from NEXA for booking confirmation. The order is placed with MSIL with the booking number on that receipt.

You will get an email later when the car has been allotted.
Horizon85 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks