Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 23rd March 2016, 16:26   #706

Re: Maruti Baleno : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by multiloop View Post
Hi

Ever since I started driving it, I started noticing that while gearing up from any gear, when on a high speed (and intending to further speed up), the clutch pedal would not press smoothly, as if I pressed it at the wrong time.

After doing about 2500 km, every time I would push it or release it the clutch would make a creaking noise (non-smooth engagement of the clutch), more felt on the foot than heard . This does not happen when the car is started after a gap of over four hours. But within 3-4 kms of driving the car after the time gap, the creaking noise comes up and persists for every time i engage the clutch from thereon.
I have also been facing a similar predicament when driving the Baleno. I cant comment if it is the exact same issue though it sounds familiar. What I actually face is that while driving there is some sort of a major vibration / creaking sound between the brake and the clutch area. Its downright distracting at times bacause I have no clue why this happens. Its never consistently happening, so I will not be able to replicate the issue with the technician.
Old 24th March 2016, 05:36   #707
BHPian

Does the baleno music system (delta varient) come with Remote? I did not get remote with the car
Old 24th March 2016, 10:49   #708
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sathish81 View Post
Does the baleno music system (delta varient) come with Remote? I did not get remote with the car
Yes, the remote should be kept in the glove box by the dealer. I have a Zeta with the same music system as Delta and I have got the remote.
Old 24th March 2016, 16:02   #709
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horizon85 View Post
Yes, the remote should be kept in the glove box by the dealer. I have a Zeta with the same music system as Delta and I have got the remote.
Got the remote today. However it doesn't seem to work. Will replace battery and check
Old 25th March 2016, 19:13   #710
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manishkapadia View Post
Nexa is doing a lot of customisations at dealer level for Baleno. Here is another one I spotted. The white coloured alloys looked very nice. I am not sure how well they would take abuse. They were painted white. Anyone knows if this kind of paint eventually chips off or not.
This is one neat modification I've seen yet on a Baleno. I guess the white on alloys and roof is more of Ivory which suits that original body color; and look at that shark finn antenna! This car looks stunning. Thanks for sharing the picture. As for your question, I believe dealer level modifications should carry some warranties, be it the paint. However, their longevity as compared to manufacturer level can be a little less, specially for paints. This is out of my experience and not generic.
Old 25th March 2016, 19:54   #711
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horizon85 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by sathish81 View Post
Got the remote today. However it doesn't seem to work. Will replace battery and check
Is there also a remote for the Smartplay System for Alpha? Just realized after reading the above posts that i too didn't get any remote.
Old 25th March 2016, 21:31   #712
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by viv_cal View Post
Is there also a remote for the Smartplay System for Alpha? Just realized after reading the above posts that i too didn't get any remote.
No. The Smartplay System doesn't come with a remote. But if you use an Android mobile, then download the "Suzuki Remote Control" app from play store. You can control the stereo with your or anybody mobile which is paired with it.
Ramon is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th March 2016, 21:51   #713
BHPian

Here are the prices of a couple of MGA :

Side Moulding : 1920
Sony HU with mirror link and reverse camera : 40,000
External styling kit : 22,500
Arm rest : 2350
Black Wheel Cap : 490/rim
Xtreme Vision Bulb : 600
Old 26th March 2016, 12:40   #714
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramon View Post
No. The Smartplay System doesn't come with a remote. But if you use an Android mobile, then download the "Suzuki Remote Control" app from play store. You can control the stereo with your or anybody mobile which is paired with it.
I use an iPhone, so searched for the app in the App Store and found that the Suzuki Remote Control App is also available for iOS! Downloaded and paired.. works like a charm!

Many thanks!
viv_cal is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th March 2016, 14:33   #715
NPX
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saravcshah View Post
Here are the prices of a couple of MGA :

Side Moulding : 1920
Sony HU with mirror link and reverse camera : 40,000
External styling kit : 22,500
Arm rest : 2350
Black Wheel Cap : 490/rim
Xtreme Vision Bulb : 600
Can you please share pics of Black Wheel Cap and your Baleno delta key fob. I couldn't find it on internet.

Thanks in advance
Old 26th March 2016, 15:19   #716
SRK
Senior - BHPian

Has Maruti started shipping Baleno with different rim color?
This shade looks similar to one on the Limited Edition S-Cross

Maruti Baleno : Official Review-12885711_911415772290465_6964271091754944093_o.jpg

Found this image on the NEXA page on Facebook posted by a fan.

Or is it just for the Batman Vs Superman campaign?

Any new owners can you verify? Would like to see how a white Baleno looks in those rims
Old 26th March 2016, 16:36   #717
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRK View Post

Attachment 1490653

Any new owners can you verify? Would like to see how a white Baleno looks in those rims
I have seen a few Baleno's onroad with those rims. Was at NEXA 2 days back and there were 2 display cars with same rims.
Old 26th March 2016, 18:04   #718
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRK View Post

Attachment 1490653

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhibh View Post
I have seen a few Baleno's onroad with those rims. Was at NEXA 2 days back and there were 2 display cars with same rims.
I'm sure this is promotional for the movie. The Facebook page of Nexa also shows the same. The car definitely looks good in this shade of alloys
Old 28th March 2016, 11:31   #719
BHPian

Have done a Mumbai-Mahabaleshwar-Mumbai trip this weekend on my Baleno Petrol. Few of my observations on the basis of this 620 kms trip.

1. The FE returned a figure of 17.9 kmph. Mind it, this includes all the drive on the hills. I consider this a very good FE. Had done a full tank to full tank calculation and the FE on the MID is accurate to the decimal number. Superb job MS.
2. During the entire trip, I never felt that the car was facing problem pulling us (4 adult and a kid) uphill. The weight of the car could be a factor.
3. Another thing I noted was the rear end actually sags considerably even with 2 adults and a kid onboard.
anuraglakhotia is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th March 2016, 21:01   #720

Quote:
Originally Posted by arnath View Post
I have also been facing a similar predicament when driving the Baleno. I cant comment if it is the exact same issue though it sounds familiar. What I actually face is that while driving there is some sort of a major vibration / creaking sound between the brake and the clutch area. Its downright distracting at times bacause I have no clue why this happens. Its never consistently happening, so I will not be able to replicate the issue with the technician.
I am also facing the issue whenever I am breaking from 4th gear / 5th gear (40-50 km/hr) in order to stop at a signal etc. There is a creaking sound out of the brake pedal. Can somebody please confirm if this is ABS in action or do I need to get it checked at a service center to reproduce the issue and subsequently find the root cause?

Most Viewed