Quote:
Originally Posted by metalspook View Post
  • Daytime Running Lamps with LED
  • Projector headlamps
  • Reverse parking camera
  • SmartPlay Infotainment System
Quote:
Originally Posted by tjacob View Post
You can buy the 1st three items from a Nexa dealer for around ₹. 45,000 to 50,000.
@tjacob, are you sure about your point here? Can the DRLs and projector headlights can be brought from a Nexa dealer? I can see that your location is Hyderabad. When I checked with Varun Nexa, they told me that its not possible. Has any other dealer confirmed that the projects can be added to the lower variants without affecting the warranty?
Old 14th April 2016, 11:29   #782

Re: Maruti Baleno : Official Review

Quote:
You can buy the 1st three items from a Nexa dealer for around ₹. 45,000 to 50,000. Though I'm under the belief that Maruti will sooner or later make the Alpha's head unit available as a purchasable accessory but if you're not willing to wait then I think you'll be able to purchase a Pioneer NEX series HU from your local non-Nexa Maruti dealer. The cost is going to be higher but getting it installed in an authorized service center will help the car's warranty. You'll not have the fit n finish the original HU will provide but you'll get everything and more although in different form & functionality. Nexa already sells pre approved Kenwood & Sony touchscreen HUs as accessories but I'm not sure if they have Apple Car Play, mirror link, at best.
You can buy the Alpha's tail lamp too if you want a Zeta to be fully upgraded into an Alpha.
Edit: Forget to mention, depending on the dealer and your negotiation, you may able to exchange the Zeta's HU for the new touchscreen unit.
@tjacob: Thanks much for your inputs. However, I am not sure what you're saying is possible thrru an official, NEXA dealership. I had spoken to NEXA Pune to express my distaste earlier on about the AT being only on the DELTA and if I can add em goodies in higher ups to it -- but they informed me with no regrets that there is no way to upgrade any variant into another. You cannot even add the OEM armrest console to a variant that doesnt have it from a trim that does! I know. Sad. And its just sad that no other manufacturer is doing it either. Its a trap.

As for after-market, I wouldnt be comfortable in getting it done like that, for I wouldnt want to mess with anything ECU, or compromise the safety of the occupants in any way. I have friends who have reported projector failure in the dead of the night on a highway at cruise speeds, and blown ECUs due to non-spec head units. Besides, I am OCDish about fit and finish. I can have nothing but the best.

Guess i'll just wait it out until MSIL decides to up their game. Everything happens for a reason! Like, I had a dream last night that I was Superman, and I convinced Daimler and Bavarian to license their AT kits to other manufactures so the whole world could drive happy! No prizes for guessing whether they agreed! I was a God, you see.

Tally-ho!
\m/

Last edited by Eddy : 14th April 2016 at 12:00. Reason: Extra Smiley
Old 14th April 2016, 11:40   #783
t18
BHPian

I had booked Silver Delta Petrol in December 1st week and still the RM is not sure if I will get the delivery this month or not. Today I asked my RM to change it to Silver Zeta Petrol. He says it will be considered as a new booking and my waiting period will start afresh.
Old 14th April 2016, 12:46   #784
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nik_kapur View Post
This is a pic from BK Tyres Lajpat Nagar Delhi's Facebook page. Jitesh Kapoor the owner does an amazing job with the cars. These are Momo Wheels, heres a another image from his collection
I am drooling over these alloys nik_kapur. Few questions:
-Price for these momo alloys?
-Will it impact the Warranty in any way? (general conscience is that it wont if the tires are not up scaled, but a official word will be great )
-The specific Alloy design name and specs!
Thanks in Advance!
Old 14th April 2016, 14:09   #785
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by farooq817 View Post
@tjacob, are you sure about your point here? Can the DRLs and projector headlights can be brought from a Nexa dealer? I can see that your location is Hyderabad. When I checked with Varun Nexa, they told me that its not possible. Has any other dealer confirmed that the projects can be added to the lower variants without affecting the warranty?
hey Sorry that this might be a little bit out of context!!
But since you guys are from Hyderabad, so i wanted to check on the booking time that has been quoted by the dealers here.

I booked a Zeta 1.2 in Mar and they have given me a waiting of 6 months

I am ok with that timeline but don't want it to stretch another month, because i would rather get a 2017 model by waiting 2 more months.
Also what if the order number on your booking slip. Its usually in the format MSxxxxx. Though i got a hand written 9064
Old 14th April 2016, 14:23   #786
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitinrawatdun View Post
hey Sorry that this might be a little bit out of context!!
But since you guys are from Hyderabad, so i wanted to check on the booking time that has been quoted by the dealers here.

I booked a Zeta 1.2 in Mar and they have given me a waiting of 6 months
Well, I believe that is the waiting period right now. And going by the number of bookings that we have and the cars rolling out of the factory (refer to the monthly sales report), the waiting period of 6 months would continue to stay. However, look at the positive side of it. You could get the boosterjet in the same time. Check with your RM. Ask him to keep this thing in mind if you plan to go for it during the festive season.

Edit: I'm not sure of the booking number and other details that you are referring to. I have already taken delivery of my car almost 4 months back.

Last edited by farooq817 : 14th April 2016 at 14:26.
Old 15th April 2016, 00:54   #787
Senior - BHPian

I am in queue as well , booked Zeta Petrol Ray Blue, waiting is 6 months, on probing more in to it RM said i should get it between 4-5 months.

The biggest thing i am missing from Alpha is touchscreen and reverse camera.
My RM said we can get it fitted later for 25-30K.

I would be happy even if they atleast change the Alloy wheel shade to a more darker one, and better surprise would be change in design
Old 15th April 2016, 22:11   #788
BHPian

i find rusted suspension parts in my baleno, lower arm, rotors, tie-rod end looks rusted. MASS replied saying the part color is that way, any baleno owner encounters similar woes?
Old 15th April 2016, 22:29   #789
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJ555 View Post
i find rusted suspension parts in my baleno, lower arm, rotors, tie-rod end looks rusted. MASS replied saying the part color is that way, any baleno owner encounters similar woes?
I remember someone complaining about this somewhere on this thread (or the pre-review one). Get it checked at some other MSIL service centre and while doing so, make sure you present at the time of inspection and also click photos of the same.
Old 15th April 2016, 22:47   #790
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJ555 View Post
It is normal for parts made of cast iron. You don't need to worry about it buddy and enjoy your drive
Dr.Naren is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th April 2016, 07:48   #791
BHPian

Quote:
You can buy the 1st three items from a Nexa dealer for around ₹. 45,000 to 50,000. Though I'm under the belief that Maruti will sooner or later make the Alpha's head unit available as a purchasable accessory

You can buy the Alpha's tail lamp too if you want a Zeta to be fully upgraded into an Alpha.

Edit: Forget to mention, depending on the dealer and your negotiation, you may able to exchange the Zeta's HU for the new touchscreen unit.
Hi, the entire front wiring harness is different in the zeta. Thus making the fitment of projectors a risky excercise. And warranty would be void. Headlamp pair costs 40k as per my dealer. And the SLDA unit is available in MGP for 40000Rs. Think it's better to buy the ALFA for 77k more.
Old 18th April 2016, 12:08   #792
Distinguished - BHPian

Sharing a booking and pre-delivery experience of a Baleno. My friend booked a Baleno Alpha in Granite Grey in early December and was quoted a 3-4 month waiting period. The dealership is Jayabheri Nexa and the RM is Sarvottam In March, he started following up every week and was told a delivery by end March at max. During mid-march he was even told that now he was on the top of the waiting list and the very next G.Grey Baleno Alpha will be allotted to him. April started rolling down but the car still alluded him. Every time he called, he was promised the car would come in 2-3 days time.

Finally, last Saturday he got a call from his RM that he wanted to meet my friend in person and gave no further details even after prodding. We went to meet him and he was ready with a story. He demanded 4k INR for a 'out of turn' delivery. He now showed us a booking list where my friend is placed at no.5 and said that ideally, his car should be delivered by end-May. But he is ready to allot a car which another customer is delaying for some personal problem. Supposedly, the customer has been offered a 4k INR for willfully delaying his delivery, which is to be paid by my friend.

Going a step further, my friend was cajoled to purchase accessories worth 32k INR which are being 'offered specially' at 25k INR. I went through the list and found that most of them over-priced and worthless. I refused the RM's claims that these were 'important' accessories. Then he claimed that accessories worth 7k INR are 'mandatory' for every car purchase and we have to take it. He just wants the payment to be made immediately and he will hand over the car once it arrives. When I asked about our PDI, he says they will do the PDI and that is sufficient.

Now my friend is clueless about cars. He doesn't even know driving. He was just smitten by the Baleno design and decided it was going to be his first car. In spite of me protesting, cajoling, requesting, advising against the whole idea, he still went ahead and booked the car. He consults and listens to me for everything else, except for my idea of not buying a Baleno and not buying a new car to learn driving. He is ready to pay the 4k kickback for an early delivery before the 'novelty' factor of the new Baleno wears out. Had I not been there, he would have paid for 25k accessories too. Now, this is what Nexa people has resorted to, soft blackmailing, corruption, and cheat/fraud to milk innocent customers just because their products are high in demand.

Last edited by ashis89 : 18th April 2016 at 12:12.
ashis89 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th April 2016, 14:34   #793
Senior - BHPian

Then how come old cars like Zen and Esteem did not have such visible rust and only newer cars do? Even 15 year old Zens have clean internals. I'm just curious

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Naren View Post
It is normal for parts made of cast iron. You don't need to worry about it buddy and enjoy your drive
Old 18th April 2016, 16:01   #794
BHPian

One of my relatives will be taking delivery of Baleno Sigma variant tomorrow. While I was initially apprehensive of this being Sigma variant, he showed some calculations which made it almost a no brainer. I am putting his idea below, so that anybody looking at buying a Baleno, might be able to get some ideas from it, and decide if it suits there requirements, and end up saving some money too.

Ex-Showroom price (Gurgaon): 5.15 lakhs
One of the cheapest, and spacious hatches with all the safety features.

Accessories he has finalised
  • Pioneer AVH-289BT
  • 4 Pioneer speakers(not sure of the model numbers)
  • Autocop Reverse Camera
  • Autocop Remote Lock
  • Protective Side Mouldings(Black) from Nexa
  • Wheel Caps

Major features he gains vis a vis Delta
  • Touchscreen HU
  • Better Sound quality
  • Reverse Camera
  • Grill which he feels looks better (personal opinion)

Major features he misses out vis a vis Delta
  • Factory fit ICE
  • Rear Wipers
  • Rear Defogger
  • Auto Climate Control
  • Steering mounted controls
  • Dual tone interior
  • Reverse Poser Windows-not used frequently in any case

Total expenditure in Accessories: 26.5k
Price difference to Delta: 73k On road

Savings: 46.5k

Prior to this, I like many used to think of Delta as the most VFM variant, however, it seems if anyone is open to accessorizing their car, they can save significant money by going for Sigma. Additionally, Sigma has a slightly lower waiting period too. He had booked in the middle of January, and will be taking delivery tomorrow.

Last edited by autorahul : 18th April 2016 at 16:19. Reason: Amount updated with Remote locking
autorahul is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th April 2016, 08:57   #795
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by autorahul View Post
[*]Rear Wipers[*]Rear Defogger
Forget ICE or power windows, personally, I will never buy a hatch-back without rear wiper and defogger. I feel they are essential safety features and not convenience / comfort features, especially in a country like ours which sees so much rain and muck on the roads.
Viju is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks