Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th June 2016, 04:57   #1081
BHPian

I am planning to buy the top end automatic Baleno version - Zeta which is still one variant down from the fully loaded Alpha available in manual transmission. Am very keen to change the front headlights of Zeta with the OE DRL & projector headlamps of Alpha. Don't ever go out of Maruti authorised workshops. Please advise if such a change is possible?
Old 26th June 2016, 07:47   #1082
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bimbrahw View Post
I am planning to buy the top end automatic Baleno version - Zeta which is still one variant down from the fully loaded Alpha available in manual transmission. Am very keen to change the front headlights of Zeta with the OE DRL & projector headlamps of Alpha. Don't ever go out of Maruti authorised workshops. Please advise if such a change is possible?
Yes it is possible. The cost of replacement is 40k (20k*2).
Old 26th June 2016, 08:35   #1083
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sathish81 View Post
Yes it is possible. The cost of replacement is 40k (20k*2).
Hey..... Are you sure that it's possible. As far as I know, that's one thing which Maruti is making sure that cannot be added as a replacement accessory. Can you confirm your source of information? The RM had clearly told me that it's not possible. And I'm sure a number of owners here would agree to the same.
Old 26th June 2016, 08:45   #1084
BANNED

Re: Maruti Baleno : Official Review

Quote:
Am very keen to change the front headlights of Zeta with the OE DRL & projector headlamps of Alpha.
Quote:
Yes it is possible.
Quote:
Originally Posted by farooq817 View Post
Hey..... Are you sure that it's possible
I don't think one can fit the Alpha variants headlight setup to lower variants as the BCM is different in the variants so will be the wiring.

Dear Satish81: I am not sure how you got that news. Can you confirm from any reliable person at MASS. Thanks.
Old 26th June 2016, 09:39   #1085
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
I don't think one can fit the Alpha variants headlight setup to lower variants as the BCM is different in the variants so will be the wiring.

Dear Satish81: I am not sure how you got that news. Can you confirm from any reliable person at MASS. Thanks.
I got the quote from abt guindy chennai. I wanted to fit this on my delta cvt,but dropped the plan as I felt it was not worth the cost considering my usage. Ended up upgrading bulbs to philips xtremevision plus that I ordered from Amazon.

Brezza projector setup is 50% of the cost. I upgraded for my BIL vdi breeza from abt guindy.

Last edited by sathish81 : 26th June 2016 at 09:47.
sathish81 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th June 2016, 10:35   #1086
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I got the quote from abt guindy chennai. I wanted to fit this on my delta cvt,but dropped the plan as I felt it was not worth the cost considering my usage. Ended up upgrading bulbs to philips xtremevision plus that I ordered from Amazon.

Brezza projector setup is 50% of the cost. I upgraded for my BIL vdi breeza from abt guindy.
Both the dealers in Mangalore refused to install headlight of Alpha in lower variants citing different wiring and ECU coding.

Brezza has low beam halogen projector while Baleno gets bixenon hid projector setup and no wonder it costs double.
Old 26th June 2016, 12:02   #1087
BHPian

Quote:

There is two brothers headlights modification in lajpat nagar delhi who might be able to retrofit those for you for 46k
Old 26th June 2016, 14:46   #1088
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harmansingh09 View Post
There is two brothers headlights modification in lajpat nagar delhi who might be able to retrofit those for you for 46k
This is quite expensive buddy. I am getting projector retrofit done next week from Xenon Planet. I have decided to go for Mini super v2 projector.

Pricing :

1. Mini H1 projector kit : 11,000 Rs
2. Mini Super V2 projector kit : 14,500 Rs
3. Mini D2S projector kit : 16,500 Rs
4. Hella E55 projector kit : 19,500 Rs
5. FXR V3 : 21,500 Rs

DRL (3,500 rs) + Installation (4,500 Rs)

Even if you buy new headlight assembly and retrofit, it will not cost above 40K for FXR V3 retrofit from Xenon Planet.

Low quality AES generation one projectors are flooded in our market. These are basically Mini H1 projectors (but grade 2/grade 3). Most of the aftermarket headlights with projector setup and projector retrofit done in local accessory shops are the same AES Mini H1.
Old 26th June 2016, 19:17   #1089
BHPian

Quote:

What was the quoted price by ABT for the upgrade ? I've booked my Baleno Zeta Automatic Premium Silver today and am very keen to upgrade it to Alpha. But am confused. Some dealers are saying it is not possible some are saying it can be explored though they have not tried it so far.
Old 26th June 2016, 19:59   #1090
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Naren View Post
Both the dealers in Mangalore refused to install headlight of Alpha in lower variants citing different wiring and ECU coding.
Hi Dr Naren

I have been poking around wiring (of my delta cvt) and can't think of any reason why lamps can't be a direct swap -of course some additional molex connector should be added for ballast. Also couldn't understand the ecu part. Maybe you can check with a normal maruti service center
Old 26th June 2016, 20:48   #1091
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Naren View Post
Literally I have asked a thousand times regarding this to Bharath Auto Cars, and the reply was the same stated by you.
Info I got from TSM, Bangalore is that we need to replace ECU, Wiring Harness and Headlight assembly which costs nearly ₹1.5 lac.
If you are willing to lose Auto Headlights feature, no need to change the ECU, rest costs ₹18600 * 2(Headlight Assembly) plus Wiring Harness which costs ~30k.

Quote:
Hi Dr Naren

I have been poking around wiring (of my delta cvt) and can't think of any reason why lamps can't be a direct swap -of course some additional molex connector should be added for ballast. Also couldn't understand the ecu part. Maybe you can check with a normal maruti service center
I agree to your point for an Extent.
Connectors for Non-Alpha variants :
Indicators : 2 (+/-)
Parking Lights : 2(+/-)
Leveling Motors : 3
55/60W bulb : 3 (Hi/Low/Ground)

Connectors for Alpha variants :
Indicators : 2 (+/-)
Parking Lights : 2(+/-)
Leveling Motors : 3
25W Bi-Xenon : 4 (Hi/Low/DRL/Ground)

So by using suitable couplers and connecting Wires of Parking Light to DRL, the setup works !!

Issues :
  • Auto Headlamps of Zeta(Not applicable in Delta) is calibrated for 55/60W setup. So you Lose Auto Headlights
  • Every time you switch-on in Auto mode, Error codes are stored in ECU.
  • Reliability Issues-as 25W setup runs on stock setup (I am not sure, Dr.Naren or Experts could confirm regarding HIDs)

PS: If you could find an adaptor to fix a H4 bulb in D8S slot, Everything is Plug and Play, Auto Headlamps and everything will work flawlessly, but with a compromise on Light output of Bi-Xenon vs Halogen

Cheers !!
kashyapz8055 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th June 2016, 21:35   #1092
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kashyapz8055 View Post
Literally I have asked a thousand times regarding this to Bharath Auto Cars, and the reply was the same stated by you.
Info I got from TSM, Bangalore is that we need to replace ECU, Wiring Harness and Headlight assembly which costs nearly ₹1.5 lac.
If you are willing to lose Auto Headlights feature, no need to change the ECU, rest costs ₹18600 * 2(Headlight Assembly)
Based on my discussion with Maruti service guys, Maruti has instructed them not to install Alpha headlights in lower variants. If anyone wants proper Alpha headlight setup, it would cost more than a lakh. Anyways, I am not happy with bixenon projector output of Alpha variant. I have S-Cross Alpha and output is just average. So I have decided to retrofit projectors in Baleno from Xenon Planet. They offer warranty for entire unit and installation. This is VFM and obviously output would be miles ahead.

Solution for those who are very particular about Alpha headlamps :

1. Go to any MGP store and order Alpha headlight assembly (40K).
2. Get it installed in any local accessory shop (it might not be plug and play). Little cutting here and there might be required.

But is it worth? I strongly don't feel so.
Old 26th June 2016, 23:19   #1093
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kashyapz8055 View Post

If you are willing to lose Auto Headlights feature, no need to change the ECU, rest costs ₹18600 * 2(Headlight Assembly)
Are you sure about the cost?

My headlight units were replaced under warranty, and I remember signing somewhere which said 22,000 per light
Old 26th June 2016, 23:23   #1094
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by slicvic View Post

My headlight units were replaced under warranty, and I remember signing somewhere which said 22,000 per light
I remember seeing in a dealer's parts checking web portal that the cost was ₹18,6** per side

Cheers !!
Old 26th June 2016, 23:51   #1095
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by slicvic View Post

What was the issue in your headlights? I think it's 22K including tax. My SA had said it's around 20K.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks