Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th October 2016, 15:41   #1441

Re: Maruti Baleno : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by invidious View Post
I had booked the Baleno in November but canceled it in January 2016 because of a long wait period and multiple missed deadlines by the Nexa Dealer and went ahead and acquired an Elite i20. I am now looking for another hatchback and considering the Baleno. I went to the same dealer and it seems instead of streamlining their production line, there is an even further delay. Was he just gassing or is there really a 33 week wait for the Baleno? I don't mind either the Alpha or the Zeta - the differences between them are negligible for my needs. But I certainly can't wait for 33 weeks - which is about 8 months.
Hi brother, I have also booked a Baleno in first week of August and getting delivery in this week. They give the maximum waiting period in writing but they are delivering cars in 3 to 4 months, even less if you don't want the most popular colors. I had booked a Red Baleno. So, I dont think the waiting period is actually that long, this is what they give in writing so that the customers do not screw with them in case they actually take that much time due to various reasons.
akabhp is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th October 2016, 16:13   #1442
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaustubhpatil View Post
Very useful inputs. Thankyou guys.
Couple of points.

- I am already on a stretched budget. I started from 5L and few of friends got me enabled to 6L. Cant go beyond it :(
- So in this budget Sigma is the only model I can think of.
- The primary thing I would like to add to the Sigma model is the music system. I need to check if Sigma has provisions for it.
- I am not too much fan of all the frills like Chrome handle, strips etc., vanity mirrors etc, electrically retractable OVRMs etc. Wont mind not having all these things.
- Sigma has all the things that are important to me. Power steering, Front Power windows, Front airbags, ABS, EBD. These things are absolute must for me.
Hi

Do you have the latest OTR prices for the Baleno for Pune city? I am in Bombay but am considering getting it from Pune and registering it at my flat in Pune if there is a difference which justifies the hassle of registering there. Thanks.
Old 10th October 2016, 17:53   #1443
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaggoswami View Post
I also found that visibility is better in Baleno than Swift ( could be only me !) which is an added bonus on our roads. Baleno, on the whole, is newer and packs a lot for its size.
I agree, Baleno has fewer blind spots upfront which helps a lot in tight city conditions.
Just try driving a Zest, Swift Dzire and the difference is evident.

Quote:
Hi

Do you have the latest OTR prices for the Baleno for Pune city? I am in Bombay but am considering getting it from Pune
My colleague booked Zeta Petrol for 7.80 on road in PCMC, I doubt there is any difference in PCMC and Mumbai cost. But if your house is in MH-12 ( especially in Gaothan areas ), you are in for good amount of saving.
silverado is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th October 2016, 15:10   #1444

Quote:
Originally Posted by CA Dhruv View Post
Two good cars in your budget are missing in this list.
1. Honda brio - You can go for the facelift version. Also you can look if the dealer has pre facelift version, you can get heavy discounts on this and even the top model can fall into your budget.
2. Hyundai grand i10 - Though the facelift model is going to be out soon but still the current model is well within budget and due to festive season you can get good discount on this too.
I did consider Brio. Did not like the boot space. The panel is very flimsy. And above everything Honda guys and their dealers don't give a shit about their customers. Its been more than a month I have visited their dealer and he is yet to give me a promised call back for a TD of Brio.
Regarding Hyundai's. I have driven many Hyundai's and the only car I liked was good old Santro. Their power steering is too smooth for my liking. Little to no feedback for all their cars. I understand that this is a personal liking but I felt much better driving a Swift (and an my Alto) than a Grandi10 or i20.
Old 11th October 2016, 15:12   #1445

Quote:
Hi

Do you have the latest OTR prices for the Baleno for Pune city? I am in Bombay but am considering getting it from Pune and registering it at my flat in Pune if there is a difference which justifies the hassle of registering there. Thanks.
Check carwale.com. They give a very good idea about the price.
kaustubhpatil is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th October 2016, 15:36   #1446
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Hi

Do you have the latest OTR prices for the Baleno for Pune city?
Here you go. Hope it's clear enough as its a photo of the hard copy price list. My friend just booked one last week in Pune, the Zeta CVT variant.

Maruti Baleno : Official Review-img_20161011_153335.jpg
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th October 2016, 18:51   #1447
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Here you go. Hope it's clear enough as its a photo of the hard copy price list. My friend just booked one last week in Pune, the Zeta CVT variant.
Thanks a lot for this - this is far more accurate than Carwale or other websites. The difference for the top end variant is only 14k and for Zeta is even lesser at 12k. The amount doesn't justify the hassle of registering a car there. Once again, thanks for taking the trouble to upload this. I hope your friend enjoys his ride.
invidious is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th October 2016, 20:22   #1448
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bimbrahw View Post
Couple of reasons that I can think of for the injector cover. One is cosmetic and gives a clean uncluttered look to the engine, the second is some people like me are crazy about their cars - every weekend I also wash and polish the engine bay. A cover helps prevent water from going inside. Similar reasons for the exhaust manifold to prevent accidentally touching the hot surface while cleaning. They have anyways provisioned by providing slots, how much does these covers cost.
I agree on the cosmetic part, it makes the engine bay look good. It's really great that you are able to take out time to wash and polish engine bay.

I am not sure if we can buy engine cover and exhaust guard outside/MGP and no idea about their costs.
Old 14th October 2016, 15:48   #1449
GTO
Team-BHP Support

If there's one thing Maruti excels at, it's marketing (+ distribution + sales).

The Baleno is the ONLY ad that comes between F1 races. And now, this picture from the Amazon India Fashion Week. From being a flop brand, the name Baleno has now become a success. Factors like these are small, yet important contributors:

Maruti Baleno : Official Review-photo-4.jpg
GTO is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 14th October 2016, 20:37   #1450
Distinguished - BHPian

Baleno's new TVC -Attitude Campaign,

volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th October 2016, 09:24   #1451
BANNED

Source: http://www.irishexaminer.com/motors/...ve-425907.html

Review of Baleno boosterjet along with a good reading about Suzuki.
romeomidhun is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th October 2016, 14:04   #1452
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Baleno's new TVC -Attitude Campaign,

https://www.Youtube.com/watch?v=4Lu2fMsJ1EE
Doesn't this ad seem too ironical. A car whose body is soo light that even a tight thumb impression can cause a dent is breaking steel fences.
CA Dhruv is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th October 2016, 17:39   #1453
Senior - BHPian

Dear BHPians,

Have some Queries regarding Baleno Diesel

1. What is the Service Interval ?
2. How many free services & at what intervals ?
3. Approximate Service Costs at 10k/15k kms

High Maintenance Costs is the thing I am worried about. Do I have some hope here.
Old 15th October 2016, 21:49   #1454
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarguyNish View Post
Dear BHPians,

Have some Queries regarding Baleno Diesel

1. What is the Service Interval ?
2. How many free services & at what intervals ?
3. Approximate Service Costs at 10k/15k kms

High Maintenance Costs is the thing I am worried about. Do I have some hope here.
From the official report of Team-BHP.
Quote:
1. • Service interval of 10,000 km / 1 year.
2. AFAIK, there are three free services. At 1000 kms / 1 month, 5000 kms / 6 months and 10000 kms / 12 months.
Tojo_GotBhp is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th October 2016, 22:13   #1455
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tojo_GotBhp View Post
From the official report of Team-BHP.

2. AFAIK, there are three free services. At 1000 kms / 1 month, 5000 kms / 6 months and 10000 kms / 12 months.
Thanks a lot, but what about the Maintenance Cost, do we have a Service Cost Calculator like on Ford & Skoda ?

My WagonR was never cheap to maintain. On an average each service cost was ₹6500, nothing extra's just the regular servicing and replacement of wear & tear parts. I don't want the same thing on Baleno. Hence desperate to know the service cost of the same.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks