Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th December 2016, 10:02   #1531
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Maruti Baleno : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarguyNish View Post
So, I want to know what kind of FE one is getting in city drives ?

I am yet to test drive the Baleno, will be doing so on Friday/Saturday. I hope this car impresses me.
Baleno petrol manual is a very practical car and VFM price. Out of all the cars in my garage, I get highest FE in Baleno. I was also surprised because it's a petrol and still gives better FE than diesel cars in my garage.

City with moderate traffic : 15-16 KMPL
Highways : 22-24 KMPL
Average : 18 + always

Since Baleno has a long waiting period, why don't you consider the new booster jet too? It should be there by Feb.
Dr.Naren is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 14th December 2016, 10:34   #1532
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Naren View Post
Baleno petrol manual is a very practical car and VFM price. Out of all the cars in my garage, I get highest FE in Baleno. I was also surprised because it's a petrol and still gives better FE than diesel cars in my garage.

City with moderate traffic : 15-16 KMPL
Highways : 22-24 KMPL
Average : 18 + always

Since Baleno has a long waiting period, why don't you consider the new booster jet too? It should be there by Feb.
Thank You Naren,

That's confidence boosting because frankly speaking Petrol cars are way less efficient then Diesel.

Boosterjet is a nice option no doubt, but it is speculated to cost upwards of 8 lakhs. So, it's out of my budget(7 lakhs) I had considered Petrol versions of Aspire/Ameo which are in range of 5.5-7 lakhs.

But the Delta Variant in Baleno fits the bill perfectly. It's priced at 7.24 lakhs On Road, and it's decently kitted as well.

To enquire about waiting, I had called the 2 Local NEXA Dealers yesterday. I asked them the Waiting period for Delta Petrol, they immediately said they can give me within 2-3 days (Limited Color Choices) , he asked me to give color options, which I will be doing on Friday.

Last edited by CarguyNish : 14th December 2016 at 10:37.
Old 14th December 2016, 17:06   #1533
BHPian

Quote:
Dear BHPians,

So, I want to know what kind of FE one is getting in city drives ?

I am yet to test drive the Baleno, will be doing so on Friday/Saturday. I hope this car impresses me.
Hi CarguyNish,

I have completed 8500 kms on my Baleno petrol Zeta and have measured FE using the full tank to full tank method a couple of times.

I have got a lowest of 12.4 kmpl in Bangalore with AC. This was pure home-office-home driving cycle with heavy traffic on Mysore road. This figure is usually around 13.8 kmpl

On my trips to the Kempegowda International Airport, I get around 15.5 kmpl. Again with AC on at all times.

I haven't taken my car on a long highway drive, but I feel the FE on highways with AC on should be around 18 kmpl or slightly upwards.

Hope that info helps.

Last edited by Horizon85 : 14th December 2016 at 17:07.
Horizon85 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th December 2016, 19:14   #1534
BHPian

Hi @CarguyNish,

Please visit the nearest Nexa and inquire about the waiting period. Recently Baleno waiting has gone down and it will continue to go down due to cancellation of the existing bookings(December offers from other manufacturers). And from January-2017, their new plant will also start producing Baleno.

FYI - Waiting period a month back was 27 weeks and not its 22 weeks.

Thanks,
Manjunath
cdmanju is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th December 2016, 19:39   #1535
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdmanju View Post
Hi @CarguyNish,

Please visit the nearest Nexa and inquire about the waiting period. Recently Baleno waiting has gone down and it will continue to go down due to cancellation of the existing bookings(December offers from other manufacturers)
Thanks for the Suggestion Manjunath,

I have already spoken to the 2 Local NEXA Dealers. I asked them about waiting period for both Petrol & Diesel, before I started serious talks, they told 4 & 3 months.

I asked them, can they deliver car if I make full payment after seeing & Finalizing the Variant this weekend. They replied yes, this can be done.

They asked me to give color choices, as each & every color/model isn't available with them obviously. I told them, I will be Test Driving & Hopefully Finalizing the car on Friday. Let me see, how this much hyped NEXA experience turns out to be.

I have finalized on Delta Petrol Manual, and I will be deciding color post seeing them. Will update on Friday.
Old 14th December 2016, 20:06   #1536
BHPian

Hi @CarguyNish,

WoW., thats a great news.

I booked a Delta Baleno month back and waiting for the car delivery. Expected end of Feb-2017

Im also not too concerned about the color. If possible, please negotiate a deal for me as well

Thanks,
Manjunath
Old 14th December 2016, 22:20   #1537
BHPian

Some kind of testing going on with Baleno.
Snapped at NH-8.
It had Suzuki logo on left side and Baleno on right.
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti Baleno : Official Review-balenospy.jpg  

ank_bhp is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th December 2016, 12:59   #1538
BHPian

Quote:
I asked them, can they deliver car if I make full payment after seeing & Finalizing the Variant this weekend. They replied yes, this can be done.
Be extra cautious with such claims as Maruti is allocating cars for orders in a systematic fashion and a car becomes available only the buyer is cancelling the booking after the car has been dispatched by Maruti.

Ideally in this case as well, it should go to the next buyer in queue. Since, it is the year-end, they may have some cars available which buyers are not agreeing to take.

So unless you see the car and its VIN number, my suggestion is that you hold the payment.
dheepak10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th December 2016, 13:02   #1539
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ank_bhp View Post
Snapped at NH-8.
Can't wait for tests to finish in January

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...engine-17.html
tharian is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 15th December 2016, 14:07   #1540
BHPian

Quote:
Snapped at NH-8.
Thanks for the image ank_bhp. This has to be the Baleno RS. Black color is an indication of this. RS has new color shades, new allow designs and body kitting.
Horizon85 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th December 2016, 17:25   #1541
Senior - BHPian

Dear BHPians,

Today Afternoon, had a thorough Test Drive of Baleno Petrol.

Drove for around 8 kms (City & Freeway). Found the Engine very smooth. Performance was good, light weight did help. Ride was good, and handling was decent. Steering was well weighted & it had good feedback.

After Checking All Variants, finalized on Delta Petrol Manual. Felt the Price & Features to be good. Then I had to finalize the color. Frankly Speaking, every color except White looked very good. I have given Ray Blue as 1st Choice, followed by Grey, Silver, Red.

The RM mentioned that they have not received an Orange Delta since last 2 months.
They have promised delivery before this year end.

So, now the wait begins.

A special Thank you BHPian(s) Dr.Naren, Horizon85, cdmanju, dheepak10 for thier Help & Suggestions.

Cheers.
CarguyNish is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th December 2016, 17:41   #1542
BHPian

this is Interesting. When Nexa in Hubballi can deliver the car in two weeks not sure why our Bangalore dealers are taking four months.
Old 15th December 2016, 18:00   #1543
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdmanju View Post
this is Interesting. When Nexa in Hubballi can deliver the car in two weeks not sure why our Bangalore dealers are taking four months.
Very Simple, Here the number of bookings will be less compared to Bangalore. So, when the dealer has a car that one wants in his particular Color/Variant Choice, they will deliver it quicker.

They have promised delivery before 31st December. Let me see, will they live upto the expectation.
Old 15th December 2016, 18:17   #1544
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
After Checking All Variants, finalized on Delta Petrol Manual. Felt the Price & Features to be good. Then I had to finalize the color. Frankly Speaking, every color except White looked very good. I have given Ray Blue as 1st Choice, followed by Grey, Silver, Red.
Congrats buddy!!

Delta variant is pretty decent with VFM price. I hope you know that Delta misses out on some features which is not mentioned in the brochure like 2 tweeters, rear chrome strip.

I was pro diesel all the time. Now, thanks to Baleno petrol..my thoughts are changed. Baleno 1.2 petrol engine is very refined and even at higher RPM, sounds really good.
Dr.Naren is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th December 2016, 19:01   #1545
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Snapped at NH-8.
This must be an export variant. Indian Baleno does not have SUZUKI written anywhere, but Baleno's abroad have it.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks