Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 13th January 2017, 15:46   #1621
SRK
Senior - BHPian

Re: Maruti Baleno : Official Review

Suzuki Smart Play finally gets Android Auto.

Maruti Baleno : Official Review-untitled1.jpg

This is from the Ignis but since the unit is same we can expect all new models of S-cross and Baleno to get them too. Maybe the new owners can confirm if they have it or no.

I hope Maruti also gives the old customers an option to upgrade the system and get Android Auto too.
SRK is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 13th January 2017, 15:52   #1622
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRK View Post

I hope Maruti also gives the old customers an option to upgrade the system and get Android Auto too.
Hope they come up with this Android Auto update soon. Apple car play and Mirrorlink hookup is addressing only a limited number of users. Majority is not using the 2nd quadrant of Smartphone linkage facility as android was not there.
Old 14th January 2017, 11:52   #1623
Distinguished - BHPian

A friend spotted these "Export model spec" alloys on display at a NEXA showroom. No idea about the part number or price, but should be in the range of 7k per alloy IMO.

Maruti Baleno : Official Review-img20170114wa0048.jpg

Regards,
Shashi

Last edited by Leoshashi : 14th January 2017 at 12:03.
Leoshashi is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 14th January 2017, 12:25   #1624
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leoshashi View Post
A friend spotted these "Export model spec" alloys on display at a NEXA showroom. No idea about the part number or price, but should be in the range of 7k per alloy IMO.
These alloys look much much better. I have sent the pic to Accessory guy. Will update, if he replies with details
Dr.Naren is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th January 2017, 14:00   #1625
BHPian

I have seen the same set of alloys on a Baleno Zeta in my office parking.

Let me check with that guy on Monday.
Old 16th January 2017, 10:28   #1626
BHPian

Need help from fellow Bhpians. After the 2nd service at 5000Km, where is a slight wobbling of steering at triple digit speeds. I also felt it significantly when there was a strong cross wind.
During the 2nd service, MASS has done the wheel rotation and they asked me to go for WB and WA. I said NO and did not opt for it. I see some foul play now. Not sure if it was only because of cross winds or it is something to do with WB and WA.
Old 16th January 2017, 10:34   #1627
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by autospeaker View Post
Need help from fellow Bhpians. After the 2nd service at 5000Km, where is a slight wobbling of steering at triple digit speeds. I also felt it significantly when there was a strong cross wind.
During the 2nd service, MASS has done the wheel rotation and they asked me to go for WB and WA. I said NO and did not opt for it. I see some foul play now. Not sure if it was only because of cross winds or it is something to do with WB and WA.
Crosswinds are not the reason because many cars are driven on Highways. And the Baleno despite being light is fairly stable due to its aerodynamic shape & low centre of gravity. If you are beyond 160kmh then the car might show some instability.

It's recommended to get Wheel Balancing & alignment done at 5k kms. Maruti recommends it every 10k kms (According to User Manual). So, get this done & take it for a quick drive (NICE Road) and check if this is present. If not, well & good. If yes, some problem related to Front Axle might be the cause.
CarguyNish is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th January 2017, 10:47   #1628
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarguyNish View Post
Crosswinds are not the reason because many cars are driven on Highways. And the Baleno despite being light is fairly stable due to its aerodynamic shape & low centre of gravity. If you are beyond 160kmh then the car might show some instability.

It's recommended to get Wheel Balancing & alignment done at 5k kms. Maruti recommends it every 10k kms (According to User Manual). So, get this done & take it for a quick drive (NICE Road) and check if this is present. If not, well & good. If yes, some problem related to Front Axle might be the cause.
I have a feeling that the wheel rotation activity did something to my car. I never faced this problem of a shaky steering or a "floating feeling" (and hence a bit of insecurity while driving at 120kmph) before the 2nd service. Bit of a disappointment, I would say.
I reckon I need to take the car to Tyre professionals in Bangalore for WB and WA.
PS : Found out about this problem in NICE road itself. The crosswinds were heavy indeed over the last weekend.
Old 16th January 2017, 11:47   #1629

Hello Friends,

I am sure many of you are already done with your 3rd free servicing. It will be very helpful if you can help answering few of my questions. My Baleno Zeta is about to complete 12 months and is due for 3rd servicing.

1. I am planning for long trip on weekend (Around 1500 kms). She has already clocked 6200 kms and no engine oil replacement has been done since purchase. Does it makes sense to go for servicing with engine oil replacement before my trip?
2. I called Nexa service center they informed Baleno uses synthetic engine oil with 15000 kms replacement schedule. Is this correct?
3. As per few post from other BHPians and Baleno owners manual, the Maruti service center uses 0W20 grade MGO IOCL engine oil. However there are no specification if the engine oil is mineral/Semi-synthetic/Fully synthetic. Could some one give some info about it.

Thanks in advance
Debashis_1
Old 16th January 2017, 15:56   #1630
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by autospeaker View Post
Normally while rotating wheels one should definitely opt for WB and WA. I normally follow 10,000 km for the rotation and alignment. I would recommend you to go for alignment and hence forth you should not experience wobbling.
Regarding "Floating feeling", i too myself felt that the car acts like that whenever i go above 120 kmph which i blame to light weight body shell. I think light body has its pros and cons and if you reduce the weight way too much than obviously it will show its importance else where.
Highh5 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th January 2017, 16:34   #1631
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debashis_1 View Post

2. I called Nexa service center they informed Baleno uses synthetic engine oil with 15000 kms replacement schedule. Is this correct?
Not sure about the 15K kms schedule, the engine oil on my Baleno was replaced during my 3rd service at 10000 kms (after around 11 months). Next one is due at 20k kms as per the service center.
Old 17th January 2017, 11:57   #1632
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRK View Post
Yesterday (16.01.2017) I was having a detailed chat with my RM from NEXA PASCO (Gurgaon). One of the topic was the "Android Auto" and I was informed that MSI has not issued any info. on upgrading the existing SLDA's with Android Auto. My RM is also of the view that such upgrade / update is a remote possibility.

Baleno (or any of its siblings, excluding Ignis) is not likely to get the updated / upgraded SLDA, atleast in the near future.

The rest of the topics were:

The suspension issue has been resolved in the 2017 Baleno. The ground clearance still remains the same at 170mm.

My waiting period is yet to see light at the end of the tunnel

As on date my waiting period has successfully crossed 3 months.

Last edited by Eddy : 17th January 2017 at 13:33. Reason: Extra smileys
Old 17th January 2017, 13:28   #1633
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yogeshbala View Post
Yesterday (16.01.2017) I was having a detailed chat with my RM from NEXA PASCO (Gurgaon). One of the topic was the "Android Auto" and I was informed that MSI has not issued any info. on upgrading the existing SLDA's with Android Auto. My RM is also of the view that such upgrade / update is a remote possibility.
This is surprising as my RM gave me the exact opposite information 2 days back. He told me that when the S-Cross was launched it came without Apple Car Play - all older S-Cross owners were then offered a free software upgrade to install Car Play. According to him, he expects the same to be the case with Android Auto.
Old 17th January 2017, 13:35   #1634
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yogeshbala View Post
The suspension issue has been resolved in the 2017 Baleno. The ground clearance still remains the same at 170mm.
Does this imply that the existing cars will get this change in the suspension set up? I do not see any sort of official announcement regarding the same from MSIL anywhere.
Old 17th January 2017, 13:56   #1635
Senior - BHPian

Did a TD of the Baleno Delta CVT. I found the transmission whine very intrusive, the ride was harsh and revealing, even small ruts and cracks on the road were felt inside the cabin. Very easy to drive and in the S mode it's peppy with gentle throttle inputs. Well screwed together no rattles and creaks any where. The A/C had good cooling. Very spacious interior's. A touch of beige would have been to my liking in the interiors. I'd like to hear from owners regards the whine and harsh ride (could be the tyres were over-inflated on the test vehicle). I think a little more sound deadening would've been good. One would have to wait 6 months for delivery!!

Comparatively, I feel the my son's Grand i10 automatic isolates you from the road and noise of traffic a lot better. I feel the Elite i20 is a more rounded package,comparatively.

Most Viewed