Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th September 2017, 14:13   #2296
Senior - BHPian

What is the service interval in Killometers for Baleno Petrol?
Old 20th September 2017, 14:18   #2297
BANNED

Re: Maruti Baleno : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluevolt View Post
What is the service interval in Killometers for Baleno Petrol?

First service is at 1,000 km / 1 month. Second service is at 5,000 km / 6 months mark post that it is every 10,000 kms or 1 year, whichever is earlier.

Last edited by a4anurag : 20th September 2017 at 14:20.
Old 20th September 2017, 14:24   #2298
BHPian

After a long twist, booked Baleno Alpha petrol in Surakshaa, Electronic city, Bangalore on Sep 16th. Today got an email with the tentative delivery date as 12th Dec 2017. I find this bit too long or it is just a formality for Maruti to give 3 months time so that the will have some buffer ?

Relationship manager (RM) informed me that I can get in 1 - 2 months. Also another guy (mentioned as TL in the receipt), informed me that last month many got the car with just one month waiting period. What is the actual waiting period in Bangalore for Baleno Alpha petrol ?

Last edited by amvj : 20th September 2017 at 14:53. Reason: Questions added
Old 20th September 2017, 14:27   #2299
BHPian

I am sure there might be few BHP-ians using the Baleno Sigma petrol variant.

Would like to hear from you guys on the following-

1. How is it to drive without a tacho? (I have been driving an alto800 without tacho so upshift/downdshift is purely based on engine note/speeds).
2. Central lock - Yes. But can we install a security system with remote from a 3rd party outside without voiding the warranty?
3. What are the other details that you could see in the instrument cluster?

If there are any other functional downsides or good stuffs to the sigma variant please share.
petrolhead_chn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th September 2017, 16:51   #2300
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by petrolhead_chn View Post
I am sure there might be few BHP-ians using the Baleno Sigma petrol variant.

Would like to hear from you guys on the following-

1. How is it to drive without a tacho? (I have been driving an alto800 without tacho so upshift/downdshift is purely based on engine note/speeds).
2. Central lock - Yes. But can we install a security system with remote from a 3rd party outside without voiding the warranty?
3. What are the other details that you could see in the instrument cluster?

If there are any other functional downsides or good stuffs to the sigma variant please share.
1) I don't think there is any challenge to drive without a tacho, not a must IMO.
2) Have to get this installed from Maruti, else warranty is void
3) Instant FE, driving time, Distance to empty, and few other things.

The only functional downside I see is missing rear wiper.
Else Sigma has its basics covered with Dual airbags, ABS and front power windows.

In fact this is a good variant to buy if you wish to customize your car.
silverado is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th September 2017, 19:36   #2301
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by puneetakhouri View Post
Hi, did it work. Because I am about to go for the change very soon and my SA has also given me this same answer that they have ordered the parts which are yet to arrive. So does the change work on reducing the suspension noise that creeps in. P.S - I own a 2015 December Baleno Delta petrol
Hi puneetakhouri,

By suspension Noise, I think you are asking me about the difference in ride quality. So during Initial days, you might not feel the change, instead you might feel the car turned more bouncy but that's only due to the new suspension which would take few km or a long drive to get settled. After I did a long trip, suspension is now more pliant and ready to soak bumps rather than passing each and every bump into the passenger cabin. It's not plush but more acceptable to the bumps.Another thing is that the best behaviour of suspension comes out only when the car is loaded.Feels more planted too and instills confidence on highway drives.

During one of the lengthy discussions with the AGM Service, he itself recognizes the issue and said the reason behind it is the less weight of the car. To keep the dynamics of the car in check they have to make the suspension hard which doesn't go down with the customers and as per the feedback, Vendor has to do some amount of change for the same. I basically think Maruti Suzuki is entirely responsible for this fiasco, in order to reduce weight of the car, they went overboard and tried to balance it then with the stiff suspension, so that car performs well during highway runs and high speed maneuvers.
Old 20th September 2017, 22:13   #2302
Senior - BHPian

Pardon my ignorance, but is Baleno Petrol still have some waiting period or is it available off the shelf? Especially in Delhi region.

I am looking for Baleno Delta model.
Old 21st September 2017, 16:26   #2303
BHPian

Hey guys, I have been facing this strange problem in my 2015 Baleno Delta Petrol and would like to ask if anybody has faced the same. So I have a December 2015 Baleno Delta Petrol and have clocked over 25,000 kms so far. After my 20,000 kms Service, I have been facing this knocking behaviour during cold start from my car. So as you guys must be aware that during the cold start, the engine revs to around 1500 RPM and stays there for around 30-40 seconds after which it comes down to its idling RPM of around 700. But during that high rev of 1500, I can feel the engine "miss" and knock. I tried with tankful of petrol as well as low fuel and this has been happening. On an average this happens almost everyday.

I have to leave for Goa next week with wife and am wondering whether I should go ahead or not because it is going to be an overnight drive. Had a talk with Service Advisor and he is of the opinion that because it happens only during cold starts, then I will have to submit my car to them so that they can go through it. I am willing to do so but he also added that because of the recent Mumbai floodings, they have a backlog of many pending cars which they have to repair and they will only be able to look into my car after about 20 days from the time of writing.

I was contemplating going to some other workshop like Spectra and all, but do not want to turn up completely ignorant of the causes of this problem and let them loot me. Does anybody here have any experience in this? Can it be a fuel injector being clogged issue? But I was thinking that had it been fuel injectors, then it could have occurred anytime but it only occurs during cold start.
Any help will be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Last edited by Jaggu : 21st September 2017 at 16:55. Reason: Edited for better readability, add a space for paragraph break please. Thanks.
Old 21st September 2017, 17:02   #2304
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
After my 20,000 kms Service, I have been facing this knocking behaviour during cold start from my car.
=======
But during that high rev of 1500, I can feel the engine "miss" and knock. I tried with tankful of petrol as well as low fuel and this has been happening.
1- Will have to check the cold idle advance, if it is working fine and the throttle body operation.

2- 20k service usually they replace the spark plugs, just check if this was done. If done do check if all the plugs are working properly. Loose wires also needs to be checked.

3- Another thing you can check is try filling up from another fuel pump and see if it is bad or contaminated fuel.

Any reputed MASS can do the checks but since this issue started after service, you should take it up with the concerned workshop itself as a repeat job.
Old 21st September 2017, 17:20   #2305
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
1- Will have to check the cold idle advance, if it is working fine and the throttle body operation.

2- 20k service usually they replace the spark plugs, just check if this was done. If done do check if all the plugs are working properly. Loose wires also needs to be checked.

3- Another thing you can check is try filling up from another fuel pump and see if it is bad or contaminated fuel.

Any reputed MASS can do the checks but since this issue started after service, you should take it up with the concerned workshop itself as a repeat job.
Thanks Jaggu for such a quick reply. Below are my comments on the points mentioned by you:

1 - Will get that checked as you suggested.

2 - I just checked the user manual and according to it, the spark plugs are replaced after 4 years/40,000 kms so I don't think they would have replaced the spark plugs. However, I will get the loose dangling wires checked.

3 - Ever since this problem has creeped in, I have driven around 5000 kms and have gone through multiple fuel pumps however, most of the times it has been my fixed petrol pump. The last tankful was at Pune Shell Bunk just before catching the Express highway. The fuel efficiency has been amazing but this cold start knocking still persists.

As you suggested will take it up with the concerned workshop only. My only concern is that for a 1500 km drive overall, should I wait for the workshop to respond or take it up somewhere else.
Old 21st September 2017, 17:36   #2306
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluevolt View Post
Pardon my ignorance, but is Baleno Petrol still have some waiting period or is it available off the shelf? Especially in Delhi region.

I am looking for Baleno Delta model.
Contacted Nexa dealers in Delhi and found them all to be quoting 12 weeks / 3 months as waiting period for Baleno petrol. I was expecting a delievery by Diwali.

Is it worth waiting 3 months? I believe after 3 months, booking for new swift would surely be starting.

PS - Same waiting period is quoted for new Dzire petrol.
Old 21st September 2017, 18:27   #2307
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
2 - I just checked the user manual and according to it, the spark plugs are replaced after 4 years/40,000 kms so I don't think they would have replaced the spark plugs.
=====
My only concern is that for a 1500 km drive overall, should I wait for the workshop to respond or take it up somewhere else.
That's good to know that replacement of these parts have been extended now. Anyways good to check if the plugs are fouled also.

Since it is a minor issue at start up, doubt it will be an issue for the long trip. If there is a trend that it is increasing, you can get it attended while on the trip as a worst case scenario (yes would be a slight pain). Another thing that came to my mind was water seepage due to pressure wash. If water has gone inside one of those connectors or other electrical parts. They can do a scan and check for error codes to find some clues to this misfire.
Old 23rd September 2017, 05:46   #2308
BHPian

Guys I need some advice.

I booked Baleno Alpha petrol Manual on Sep 16th. I have got the Order booking / commitment checklist. I find the document full of errors / wrong information. I get a feeling that the dealer is taking me for a ride.

1. I have not opted for any accessories and yet they have mentioned as I am opting for them. I googled NEXA basic car kit to know what that is and it contains a bunch of useless things such as two small cushions, car air freshener, mud guards, matting, and basic cleaning kit. Its costs around Rs 9000.

2. I have no idea what the Premium car care kit is all about. I am unable to get any information for that. Also not sure what is the price. I have a bunch of Meguiar products and hence I don’t want to get any of Maruti’s low quality ones.

3. It should be noted that RM did not mentioned anything about the car care kits while booking.

4. What is approximate price for all the accessories they have mentioned here?

5. I have not opted for NEXA loyalty card and yet they mentioned as I am interested to get that.

6. I have booked it on Sep 16th but the booking date mentioned as Sep 19th.

7. Why the on-road price mentioned as 5.77L for Baleno Alpha Manual?

8. Also I opted for Extended warranty but mentioned as No in the commitment checklist.

I sent an email yesterday pointing out all these issues and asked them to send a new commitment checklist with errors rectified. However, I have not received any mail. RM tried to reach me via phone while I was in a meeting in my office and hence could not attend. I think they don’t want to have a written communication.

Other points:

1. Insurance: I want to take insurance from outside. NEXA is quoting 25K plus for it. RM insisted me to sign a form that says I am interested to get Insurance via Maruti. He also said I can opt out while getting the car then I don’t know why he wants to sign it while booking. He said it is a normal practice and just a formality. I signed it.

My question is, at the time of delivery I have to pay for all these useless stuffs (NEXA basic kit, Premium car care kit, NEXA loyalty card) including the Insurance?
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti Baleno : Official Review-baleno-commitment-checklist.png  

Last edited by amvj : 23rd September 2017 at 06:05. Reason: Added more points
Old 24th September 2017, 15:33   #2309
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by autospeaker View Post
Could you please let me know how you did this and where ( which MASS).
Since you are in Bangalore, it could help me.

My MASS SA doesn't say anything on this.
I got it done at Pratham Motors.
Approached the SA, he took my chassis number and confirmed I am eligible for a replacement. Had to wait for about 2 weeks for the replacement to arrive.
Old 24th September 2017, 22:15   #2310
VEA
BHPian

I am planning to buy an Alpha CVT. I just sold my 4 year old Polo GT Tsi and is looking for a hatch for city drives. I wanted to buy another Polo GT, but the 2 kids have grown up since the last purchase and need a little more space at the rear. I find the Baleno well suited because it offers me tilt and telescopic steering, and height adjustable seat belts which the competitors does not offer.

I am confused with all the suspension issue talks here and would like to ask existing users if it really is a deal breaker. Has anyone compared it to the suspension of a Polo? I took a short test drive of the Baleno CVT. It was a 2016 with nearly 40k on the odo and i was happy how the suspension behaved except for loud noises on expansion joints on bridges. Is that what we are talking about? I did hear thuds on the joints, but did not bounce any more than my Polo would have in the same place. I couldnt drive the car on really bad roads since it involved a much longer drive and unfortunately i was in a hurry eventhough thr SA offered me more time. I was impressed that the 40k run test drive car, which looked like it needed some tlc, had absolutely no rattles!

Last edited by VEA : 24th September 2017 at 22:17.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks