Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th September 2017, 22:21   #2311
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Maruti Baleno : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by VEA View Post
I am confused with all the suspension issue talks here and would like to ask existing users if it really is a deal breaker.
It's not a major issue at all and you have nothing to worry here. The cars manufactured till December 2016 had stiffer rear suspension and the low speed ride was bouncy. Maruti has changed the design in 2017 models and the ride quality is much better
Dr.Naren is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 25th September 2017, 05:27   #2312
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Naren View Post
It's not a major issue at all and you have nothing to worry here. The cars manufactured till December 2016 had stiffer rear suspension and the low speed ride was bouncy. Maruti has changed the design in 2017 models and the ride quality is much better
On cars manufactured before dec 2016 like mine, they have replaced the suspension. It's not a issue now
Old 25th September 2017, 09:36   #2313
VEA
BHPian

Thanks for your replies. I liked the fact that the test drive car had no rattles and its engine felt smooth. the ride overall felt very mature for a hatchback. Surprisingly, the CVT worked well upto 60 kmph. Above that the rubber band effect is very noticeable.
Old 25th September 2017, 15:46   #2314
Senior - BHPian

My right side Headlamp has started fogging from inside. I hope the fogging stays till I get to the dealership so that I can get this replaced under warranty.

I remember seeing this issue on some baleno's as well as S-cross on team bhp itself.
Old 25th September 2017, 16:33   #2315
BHPian

The steering of my parent's Baleno Automatic which is about 3 months old has started feeling rather vague. It doesn't self centre like it used to earlier when I last drove it when the car was new? Does anyone know of any issues with the Baleno steering assembly?
Old 25th September 2017, 18:21   #2316
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharninder View Post
The steering of my parent's Baleno Automatic which is about 3 months old has started feeling rather vague. It doesn't self centre like it used to earlier when I last drove it when the car was new? Does anyone know of any issues with the Baleno steering assembly?
The first thing to check would be alignment and tyre pressure.
That said, the steering is not too eager to self-center but does a decent job with minimal assistance.
Old 25th September 2017, 18:45   #2317
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverado View Post
My right side Headlamp has started fogging from inside. I hope the fogging stays till I get to the dealership so that I can get this replaced under warranty.
I hope you have already taken pics for proof

Quote:
I remember seeing this issue on some baleno's as well as S-cross on team bhp itself.
This is a very common issue in Vitara Brezza. There are few reported cases in Baleno. Most of the dealers would say it's Normal and fogging would disappear on it's own .
Dr.Naren is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 25th September 2017, 19:27   #2318
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Naren View Post
I hope you have already taken pics for proof

This is a very common issue in Vitara Brezza. There are few reported cases in Baleno. Most of the dealers would say it's Normal and fogging would disappear on it's own .
Thanks Naren. I haven't taken any pics yet.
The fogging is not very severe, it is at the top most part on headlamp ( at bonnet level ) and some in front of indicator so has not been hampering beam spread.

But if this stays, dealer will not be able to escape from replacement.
Will keep observing.
Old 25th September 2017, 19:36   #2319
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks Naren. I haven't taken any pics yet.
The fogging is not very severe, it is at the top most part on headlamp ( at bonnet level ) and some in front of indicator so has not been hampering beam spread.
I too had faced this fogging issue once. This was before I had opened up the headlights to retrofit projectors. But that fogging had stopped on it's own and my headlight was out of warranty anyways after it was opened for projector retrofit. I found this pic after searching a lot
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti Baleno : Official Review-img_20170925_193304.jpg  

Dr.Naren is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 25th September 2017, 21:13   #2320
BHPian

Quote:

Here is how bad mine was!

Luckily my under warranty replacement has arrived and will be fixing it tomorrow. Warranty has come really handy for me; first suspension and now this.
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti Baleno : Official Review-fogged.jpg  

maverickmano is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 26th September 2017, 03:04   #2321
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amvj View Post
Guys I need some advice.

I booked Baleno Alpha petrol Manual on Sep 16th. I have got the Order booking / commitment checklist. I find the document full of errors / wrong information. I get a feeling that the dealer is taking me for a ride.
I just showed this to my trusted friend(who is now an EX-RM), and these are the things he had to say:

1. Your RM has forwarded you the dealer's copy, ask for Customer's copy.
2. Your customer copy shouldn't carry these accessories/useless items etc. If it has, get them removed.

He said there are many things which a dealer has to show, to get brownie points, but the customer doesn't necessarily has to purchase those accessories from them.

Regards,
Shashi

PS: Congratulations on your next car.

Last edited by tsk1979 : 26th September 2017 at 03:46.
Leoshashi is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 26th September 2017, 10:00   #2322
BHPian

So I happened to receive an invite from Varun Nexa for a 'Customer Education Program' event last week. The event was held on Sunday, 24th Sep at 10.30 AM.
  • It started with a quick introduction of the top heads of Varun group and also the SRMs in the particular dealership - Varun Nexa.
  • Further, they covered topics like warranty, service schedule, basic day-to-day maintenance, how to change tyres, RSA and customer care contact details etc.
  • They had good illustrative videos and slides on these above topics.
  • Neatly packed snacks were generously served to all the attendees, about 40 - 50 I guess.
  • Basically, it was an event for the average customer who does not bother to read the user manual.
  • The service manager was present in the event and was willing to listen to all the issues that the customers are facing in the car/service.
  • Lastly, every customer was handed over a small gift bag that contained - An MGA branded microfiber cloth, a bottle of Sonax shampoo, a pack of MGA branded windscreen washer and free coupons for two for a 24 hour all inclusive stay in a beach resort owned by Varun group in Vizag.

Some of the things shown in the videos and slides for basic maintenance included description of the layout under the hood - engine oil dipstick and how to check oil level, coolant reservoir, level check and warning against opening the radiator cap when the engine is hot, brake fluid level check and refilling the windscreen washer.

Overall, I'd say a really good initiative by the dealership and undoubtedly beneficial to the average customer.

Posting a couple of pictures I clicked. Please pardon the poor quality.

Maruti Baleno : Official Review-caar1.jpg

Maruti Baleno : Official Review-caar2.jpg

Maruti Baleno : Official Review-caar3.jpg
Old 26th September 2017, 14:03   #2323
BHPian

Today I received an allotment letter from dealer stating the booking has matured to delivery and the car has been dispatched from the Gurgaon facility. It will reach the dealer's yard around 15days.

Now, is there a possibility that the car could be a 2016 manufactured piece or a 3/6 month old piece? I have asked for the VIN number though. But just in case they do not provide, I hope I cannot be adamant/stingy and keep asking for the same again. In such a scenario just wanted to know if MS is dispatching only latest pieces (september 2017 pieces). Your thoughts please?
Old 26th September 2017, 23:09   #2324
BHPian

Hi Folks,

I got my left headlamp replaced under warranty today(for Fogging issue).
But there is a problem, on the replaced unit light o/p is warmer not cool white like my older unit, please check the photo below. Also, it looks like older unit is more powerful and illumination is different(smooth, circular reflector around lens looking like a light ring).

Checked headlamps on another new Baleno which was there at the service center, it matches with the replacement on mine.

Now, how I go about this? I liked my older units for the way it looked and lit but couldn't afford to deny the replacement as it was fogging badly. Even the service center guys are clueless about this.

Please advice me on this.
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti Baleno : Official Review-headlamp.jpg  

Old 27th September 2017, 07:46   #2325
BHPian

It's the difference between the 3000-4300k (warmer) and 6000k(cooler) bi xenon bulbs .check the bulbs and you should sort the problem.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks