Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th September 2017, 10:40   #2341
Senior - BHPian

Re: Maruti Baleno : Official Review

Took delivery of all new Maruti Suzuki Baleno on the auspicious occasion of Navratris Mahasaptami. The experience of buying a car in festival season is simply amazing. Happy Dussehra and Happy Diwali in advance to all BHPians

Maruti Baleno : Official Review-20170927_172627.jpg

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _____________

Quote:
Originally Posted by petrolhead_chn View Post
Thank you bluevolt! Great suggestions there.
BTW, did you receive any text sms from Nexa after booking the car? Any allotment letter? Is the dealer willing to share the VIN to check the month/year of manufacture?
Yes, I received a docket and allotment details from the dealer. It sometimes depends on the dealer, but usually they should not have any issue sharing VIN.

Last edited by bluevolt : 30th September 2017 at 10:45.
bluevolt is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 30th September 2017, 11:05   #2342
BHPian

Yes I spoke to the RM told him will be skipping all the unwanted stuff including the so called accessories worth 7k will be giving the booking cheque today I am dealing with Vishnu Nexa
Old 30th September 2017, 14:56   #2343
BHPian

One question to alpha owners since this variant already comes fully loaded did you guys add any extra accessories the RM is pleading me for loading something I have told will think during delivery does alpha really need accessories?
Old 30th September 2017, 16:23   #2344
Senior - BHPian

Any Baleno owner installed gear lock in their car? I asked Nexa people to install that but they told Maruti has not approved gear lock to be installed in Baleno.

Please advise from where I can get it installed? I believe the usual pin type gear lock will work? Should be available with car accessory shops?
Old 30th September 2017, 17:32   #2345
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluevolt View Post
Any Baleno owner installed gear lock in their car? I asked Nexa people to install that but they told Maruti has not approved gear lock to be installed in Baleno.

Please advise from where I can get it installed? I believe the usual pin type gear lock will work? Should be available with car accessory shops?

I am using a steering lock which looks like a baseball bat. Bought it from Amazon. Have a CVT so there was no option of a gear lock. Even when I had a manual was using a steering lock.
Old 2nd October 2017, 02:33   #2346
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sridhu View Post
To me, I would walk away if I did not trust the dealer. If they come across as shady in the sales cycle they are bound to be shady at the service end.

I would find another dealer.
Yes I could. But what if I am at fault. Moreover there isn't any guarantee that the other dealer will be a professional. Could be worse too

Quote:
Yes, I received a docket and allotment details from the dealer. It sometimes depends on the dealer, but usually they should not have any issue sharing VIN.
Great car. Looks stunning. Any pictures of the interiors? Accessories planned, etc.,

I got the VIN and it starts with MBH(17-digits). How about yours?
Old 2nd October 2017, 12:43   #2347
BHPian

Quote:
Took delivery of all new Maruti Suzuki Baleno on the auspicious occasion of Navratris Mahasaptami.
Congratulations for new car.

AFAIK your SIGMA ( a rare varient) is first on Team-bhp.

Expecting some Interior detail snaps (this will help others to decide) and planned upgrade details.
Old 2nd October 2017, 13:15   #2348
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by (Alok) View Post
Expecting some Interior detail snaps
Here is one of them.

Maruti Baleno : Official Review-marutisuzukibalenosigmainterior.jpg

Image Source - Gaadiwaadi
CarguyNish is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2017, 01:42   #2349

Quote:
The VIN number was shared by dealer after a lot of hard discussing. Not sure what was their problem in sharing the VIN.

However the VIN starts with MBHEWB***********(17-digits)

Is this possible?

Please help.
Should not be the case, I checked VIN when I took delivery last week and it followed the same format as described on https://www.team-bhp.com/advice/find...anufacture-vin . You can ask for a pre registration inspection spot the VIN number on the car itself.
virtualage is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2017, 07:20   #2350
BHPian

Quote:
The VIN number was shared by dealer after a lot of hard discussing. Not sure what was their problem in sharing the VIN.

However the VIN starts with MBHEWB***********(17-digits)

Is this possible?

Please help.
Yes, my vehicle's VIN was MBHEWB22SHG******

Here the 10th and 11th letters represent the year and month of manufacturing respectively. In my case, H is 2017 and G is July. I took delivery in August 1st week.
Added_flavor is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2017, 13:53   #2351
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by virtualage View Post
You can ask for a pre registration inspection spot the VIN number on the car itself.
I have insisted on a PDI and they have agreed. I received the VIN too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Added_flavor View Post
Yes, my vehicle's VIN was MBHEWB22SHG******
Ah! That is a lot of relief . The VIN they gave me is of Sep '17. I hope everything turns out smooth.

On a casual note - I guess the car may/may not be treated with the royal/elegant delivery like other members have experienced such as cake cutting or chocolates or even car wrapped in velvet while delivery, etc., They feel that my request for VIN and PDI has caused great unrest among their staffs. They outspokenly said no customer has asked for these procedures and that my behavior was so weird .
Old 3rd October 2017, 14:07   #2352
BHPian

Quote:
I have insisted on a PDI and they have agreed. I received the VIN too.

Ah! That is a lot of relief . The VIN they gave me is of Sep '17. I hope everything turns out smooth.

On a casual note - I guess the car may/may not be treated with the royal/elegant delivery like other members have experienced such as cake cutting or chocolates or even car wrapped in velvet while delivery, etc., They feel that my request for VIN and PDI has caused great unrest among their staffs. They outspokenly said no customer has asked for these procedures and that my behavior was so weird .
Which dealer is this? You have every right to ask for VIN details and PDI if they reject or deny any such requests you can report the same to maruti. If no customer asks it doesnt mean you cant ask hold your ground.
knownstrangerr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2017, 14:47   #2353
BHPian

Quote:

They feel that my request for VIN and PDI has caused great unrest among their staffs. They outspokenly said no customer has asked for these procedures and that my behavior was so weird .
Ask me about it.
When I was told that there is a silver Zeta CVT in Bangalore transit yard and can get a delivery in two weeks, if opted for that color, I clearly told them that without the VIN number I cannot confirm on the color. They initially resisted but then got me the VIN number. I got the same feedback from my dealer too. May be they are scared about people who are knowledgeable about these things.

Quote:

On a casual note - I guess the car may/may not be treated with the royal/elegant delivery like other members have experienced such as cake cutting or chocolates or even car wrapped in velvet while delivery, etc.,
This, I opted out saying no cakes, no bouquets and no ceremonies etc, given the time they made me wait on the delivery date. There are still some setbacks in delivery, which I am dealing with.
hamster is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2017, 15:00   #2354
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by knownstrangerr View Post
Which dealer is this? You have every right to ask for VIN details and PDI if they reject or deny any such requests you can report the same to maruti. If no customer asks it doesnt mean you cant ask hold your ground.
Team-BHP being a highly reputed portal for reviews and comments, I do not intend to tarnish the image of the dealer consciously or unconsciously.
Personally, I feel that the RM who handled my case is either not knowledgeable enough or conveyed my message in a scary manner to her superiors which might have caused the drama. Fortunately, they have provided the VIN and agreed for a PDI. I will ensure the VIN given to me and the one on car matches before proceeding.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hamster View Post
When I was told that there is a silver Zeta CVT in Bangalore transit yard and can get a delivery in two weeks, if opted for that color,
This is exactly how it started for me too. The gentlewoman who came home to take booking assured to provide VIN and offer PDI and also with an update on car transit. But when I actually asked for it she kept looking at the sky.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hamster View Post
This, I opted out saying no cakes, no bouquets and no ceremonies etc, given the time they made me wait on the delivery date. There are still some setbacks in delivery, which I am dealing with.
Would love to hear more on 'setbacks in delivery' part please! I guess it would help me and knownstrangerr as we are about to take delivery soon

Last edited by petrolhead_chn : 3rd October 2017 at 15:04.
Old 3rd October 2017, 15:33   #2355
BHPian

Quote:
Team-BHP being a highly reputed portal for reviews and comments, I do not intend to tarnish the image of the dealer consciously or unconsciously.
Personally, I feel that the RM who handled my case is either not knowledgeable enough or conveyed my message in a scary manner to her superiors which might have caused the drama. Fortunately, they have provided the VIN and agreed for a PDI. I will ensure the VIN given to me and the one on car matches before proceeding.

This is exactly how it started for me too. The gentlewoman who came home to take booking assured to provide VIN and offer PDI and also with an update on car transit. But when I actually asked for it she kept looking at the sky.

Would love to hear more on 'setbacks in delivery' part please! I guess it would help me and knownstrangerr as we are about to take delivery soon

I do understand about not wanting to defame the dealer but there have several instances of people walking out of nexa showrooms as no one bothered to attend them. Cake or no cake as long as I have a smooth delivery of my car. Given the attitude of these guys in coat suits they would do anything to get your booking beyond that you are on your own. As pointed by many people regular Maruti showroom has better response and customer service than the premium crap called nexa
knownstrangerr is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks