Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th October 2017, 10:25   #2371
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Maruti Baleno : Official Review

I have got the full suspension setup in my Baleno 1.2 Zeta 2015 replaced under warranty. The car had run 17,500 KM.
Maruti Baleno : Official Review-img_20171005_151834.jpg
Details here :
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...-warranty.html
Dr.Naren is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th October 2017, 17:41   #2372
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by petrolhead_chn View Post
Would you mind throwing some light on its vital features?
Quoting my own post to list out the features of remote lock available at Nexa. I thought it might help someone browsing for the same.

PS - I am unable to insert the image within the post. It shows up as 2 images one within the post and another as attachment. What am I missing? I removed the link within the post and left the attachment to show up.
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti Baleno : Official Review-img20171006wa0032.jpg  

Last edited by petrolhead_chn : 6th October 2017 at 17:42.
petrolhead_chn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th October 2017, 19:15   #2373
Senior - BHPian

A friend of mine is interested in the Baleno Petrol Zeta or Alpha Manual. Any idea what is the waiting period in Bangalore currently ? How soon can one expect delivery from the date of booking?
Old 6th October 2017, 20:25   #2374
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by petrolhead_chn View Post
Hey bluevolt, thank you for sending the link. The HU you got seems to be a good VFM. Buy my Nexa guys have just Sony 650BT which is about 20k+3.5k for wiring+speakers(cost unknown). I am totally confused on how to handle them.

As for remote lock, he says the box will have only Maruti logo on it. Guess what you said is right. But when I asked for features and model number he did not seem to know a thing. He should know the features or at least provide me a model number

Would you mind throwing some light on its vital features?
I guess the Sony HU quoted to you is the touch screen model.

Regarding the keyless entry system - it will be basic system offering lock unlock with sound / lock unlock silently / car finder function (All other features as well as mentioned in your above post). Will have three buttons on the remote. Nexa will surely have Nippon OEM keyless entry system with them. You can ask for a demo of the system installed in some other car in their premises.

Have you opted for 4 years warranty plan? Only issue from getting this all installed from outside is possibility of warranty breach. I am not sure how Maruti will identify if the installation is done from Nexa or outside accessories shop. When you are taking delivery of your car? If the waiting period is long, ask the dealer if they can get other model of Sony HU with them.

Last edited by bluevolt : 6th October 2017 at 20:27.
bluevolt is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th October 2017, 20:26   #2375
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsrivatsa View Post
A friend of mine is interested in the Baleno Petrol Zeta or Alpha Manual. Any idea what is the waiting period in Bangalore currently ? How soon can one expect delivery from the date of booking?
According to the update that I have got , 8 weeks for alpha and 12 for the other variants. I have been quoted an official waiting period of 8 weeks for the alpha booking.
Old 7th October 2017, 15:18   #2376
BHPian

Quote:
I booked Baleno petrol MT alpha red colour on Sep 19th in Bangalore. Tentative delivery date is around dec 12th if I remember correctly.

Last edited by amvj : 7th October 2017 at 15:20.
Old 7th October 2017, 18:40   #2377
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Official waiting period is 12 weeks, that's what they write in the customer docket. But in most cases, you get the car in 4 weeks - especially here in Delhi NCR. But this is assured that waiting will not be extended by 12 weeks.
Old 8th October 2017, 09:19   #2378
Senior - BHPian

Folks

I have a favour to ask of you.

My mom will be one of the major users of the car. Can't get her to try out the seat in each car (she is 83 and with bad knees). Still deciding between the Baleno & Jazz. The price & equipment is the cause of confusion!

Can someone please measure the following dimensions and let me know?

- height of seat from ground, front & rear
- height of seat from floor of the car, front & rear
- depth of rear seat, seat lip to seat back.

I suspect the Jazz will be better than the Baleno but would like confirmation.

These dimensions are not available any where. I searched.
Thanks
Old 8th October 2017, 10:31   #2379
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sridhu View Post
Folks

I have a favour to ask of you.

My mom will be one of the major users of the car. Can't get her to try out the seat in each car (she is 83 and with bad knees). Still deciding between the Baleno & Jazz. The price & equipment is the cause of confusion!

Can someone please measure the following dimensions and let me know?

- height of seat from ground, front & rear
- height of seat from floor of the car, front & rear
- depth of rear seat, seat lip to seat back.

I suspect the Jazz will be better than the Baleno but would like confirmation.

These dimensions are not available any where. I searched.
Thanks
Sridhu, I understand the situation you are in. If this is going to be the only car in the family drop the idea of buying either jazz or baleno. Go for something that your mom can "climb in" without having to bend down. Any mini SUV will fit the bill-breeza, nexon or duster.
sathish81 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th October 2017, 18:02   #2380
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sathish81 View Post
Go for something that your mom can "climb in" without having to bend down. Any mini SUV will fit the bill-breeza, nexon or duster.

We have a Crysta. But my mom finds it difficult to get in to it.

For her condition, she finds regular cars to be easier to get in & out of as compared to SUVs like the Crysta or Duster, my current cars.

I anticipate most of the city driving to be in the automatic hatch. Hence this will be an important consideration.

Did some research today. My measurements below (seat depth only for the rear seat. Most front seats are comfortable:

Jazz
Front:
Ground to seat; 24",
Floor to seat: 12"
Rear
Ground to seat; 24"
Floor to seat14"
Seat depth 19"

Baleno
Front
Ground to seat; 25"
Floor to seat: 13"
Rear
Ground to seat: 23.5"
Floor to seat: 13.5"
Seat depth 18"

Duster
Front
Ground to seat; 28.5"
l
Ground to seat; 28.5"
Floor to seat: 15"
Seat depth: 19"

Ignis
Front
Ground to seat; 25"
Rear
Ground to seat; 26"
Floor to seat:16"
Seat depth 18"

Last edited by sridhu : 8th October 2017 at 18:05.
Old 8th October 2017, 22:48   #2381
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sridhu View Post

Did some research today. My measurements below (seat depth only for the rear seat. Most front seats are comfortable:
I find the Baleno front seat depth to be a bit lacking, leading to under thigh pain on the right leg that needs to be constantly extended at an angle to work the accelerator.

Definitely, comparing with my previous car (Ritz) the front seats are not anywhere near as comfortable. But I still find them better than Fiat Linea/Punto and a few others.
Old 9th October 2017, 17:37   #2382
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Naren View Post
I have got the full suspension setup in my Baleno 1.2 Zeta 2015 replaced under warranty. The car had run 17,500 KM.
Attachment 1682727
Details here :
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...-warranty.html

Out of the blue ( Without me complaining or reporting to Maruti ) now I get a call from Maruti for Entire suspension replacement. My car had its rear struts replaced, but they now want to replace everything which was replaced as in your car Dr.Naren.

Will report back once done.
silverado is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 10th October 2017, 11:48   #2383
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverado View Post
Out of the blue ( Without me complaining or reporting to Maruti ) now I get a call from Maruti for Entire suspension replacement. My car had its rear struts replaced, but they now want to replace everything which was replaced as in your car Dr.Naren.

Will report back once done.
That's great. After how many days of replacing rear struts you got the call and what is your make month/year? I am wondering what would be the need to replace entire suspension set.
Old 10th October 2017, 12:22   #2384
BHPian

Baleno - Reverse Parking Camera - Feedback Requested

I have almost finalized the purchase of a new Baleno (petrol), but need advice on one point. For my purpose, the reverse parking camera is mandatory, but unfortunately, it is offered in only the top variant (Alpha). Other than the camera, all my requirements are met by the second version itself (Delta), so if possible, I would like to avoid having to go up two variants just for the camera (and spend more than 1.5L+)

I have read in these forums about the suspect quality of the camera accessory offered by Nexa. Nexa offered me two options - one on the IRVM and on the passenger dashboard. I am not keen on the IRVM version.

Can any (non-alpha) Baleno owners provide feedback if they have got the dashboard version installed from Nexa (or outside) and how they found the quality. I would not want the whole new car experience spoiled due to a sub-standard camera. As usual, Nexa says that if I get this done outside, it will void the warranty.

Mods - please move the post if it has been posted in the wrong section.
Old 10th October 2017, 12:29   #2385
BHPian

I own a Delta CVT and have the dashboard varient installed. Gets the job done.

However, most times I park only using mirrors and judgement. The reason I installed the camera was my office parking is beside genset that has a quater wall ( height less than bumper) which is not visible without camera. Also sometimes mechanics leave heavy tools in my parking that might not be visible without 📷

Last edited by sathish81 : 10th October 2017 at 12:31.
sathish81 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks