Few updates on my 2016 Baleno Zeta CVT

a) Aftermarket alloys on stock rubber
b) Smoked Headlights
c) Philips LED H4 Headlights, OSRAM LEDs for Parking lights and Number Plate
d) LED Fog Bulbs
e) Chrome Delete (70%) - Door Handles and Rear Boot strip are pending
f) OEM Baleno RS Front Grill
g) Front Bumper Lip
h) Pioneer AVH-Z5090BT (With Android Auto & Apple Car Play)

Maruti Baleno : Official Review-baleno-front-look.jpg

Maruti Baleno : Official Review-ice1.jpg
Prodigy07 is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 16th November 2017, 23:11   #2462
BHPian

Re: Maruti Baleno : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prodigy07 View Post
Few updates on my 2016 Baleno Zeta CVT

g) Front Bumper Lip
Those are some really sweet mods to a stock Baleno.

If I may ask, how much did the Baleno RS grille cost? I love the grille on the Sigma variant and the RS but not fond of the Delta/Zeta/Alpha grills. Is it also possible to get the OEM Baleno RS body kit fitted on a regular Baleno?
Old 17th November 2017, 00:11   #2463
BHPian

Maruti Baleno : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prodigy07 View Post

Could you share the outlet from where you got the grill? I am looking to get the rear bumper of the RS - at least the black cladding on the lower part.

@baleno owners
Am I failing to see the engine run-in pages in the manual or it is not there on purpose? The car has just clocked 265kms and it is a month already for 1st free service and am getting reminder calls already.

Last edited by petrolhead_chn : 17th November 2017 at 00:13.
Old 17th November 2017, 11:05   #2464
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by petrolhead_chn View Post
Could you share the outlet from where you got the grill? I am looking to get the rear bumper of the RS - at least the black cladding on the lower part.

@baleno owners
Am I failing to see the engine run-in pages in the manual or it is not there on purpose? The car has just clocked 265kms and it is a month already for 1st free service and am getting reminder calls already.
The only text pertaining to running in is under the 'Driving Tips' section and it says

Quote:
The future performance and reliability of the engine depends on the care and restraint exercised during its early life. It is especially important to observe the following precautions during the initial 960 km of vehicle operation.

• After starting, do not race the engine. Warm it up gradually.
• Avoid prolonged vehicle operation at a constant speed. Moving parts will break in better if you vary your speed.
• Start off from a stop slowly. Avoid full throttle starts.
• Avoid hard braking, especially during the first 320 km of driving.
• Do not drive slowly with the transaxle in a high gear.
• Drive the vehicle at moderate engine speeds.
• Do not tow a trailer.
Old 17th November 2017, 12:23   #2465
BHPian

Glad to know another Baleno Delta CVT rolled out in Chennai.
Should have a mini meet of these Baleno CVTs together.

Did you also upgrade your donut (spare) tyre to the stock specifications and added to an alloy to it.
I am planning to upgrade mine to the stock specs (atleast without an alloy).
Old 18th November 2017, 16:42   #2466
BHPian

A query - the first 1000km 'inspection' service has come up.

There's a MASS really close by but it's not NEXA. Can i get my Baleno serviced there instead? Is that allowed?
Old 18th November 2017, 19:58   #2467
BHPian

Maruti Baleno : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Added_flavor View Post
The only text pertaining to running in is under the 'Driving Tips' section and it says

So that leaves us to assume that Baleno has already passed through the engine break-in at factory itself? Gone are the days where one needed to be too cautious during the initial few thousand kilometers as per manual to run-in the engine?

Quote:
Originally Posted by d_himan View Post
A query - the first 1000km 'inspection' service has come up.

There's a MASS really close by but it's not NEXA. Can i get my Baleno serviced there instead? Is that allowed?

Yes you can. There is no difference in service except for few premium offerings with a premium price.

Last edited by theMAG : 19th November 2017 at 19:28. Reason: Removed formatting tags
petrolhead_chn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th November 2017, 20:30   #2468
BHPian

Quote:
There is no difference in service except for few premium offerings with a premium price.
Right. If washing is termed as servicing.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...vi-motors.html
Old 19th November 2017, 00:30   #2469
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Yes you can. There is no difference in service except for few premium offerings with a premium price.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AltoLXI View Post
Right. If washing is termed as servicing.
Ideally, it isn't allowed, and you shouldn't. If you observe and compare your owners manual with that of a non NEXA car, the list of allowed workshops has some changes. Only dealer workshops and MSM/MSZ's are allowed to handle NEXA cars, not the regular MASS.

Having said that, I know around 20 people who bought their cars only on the condition that they are allowed to visit normal MASS for service. You may face issues during any warranty claim in future. Not so serious offence, but yes, the dealer can offer some resistance.

Request you to go through this thread for more details about the type of workshops:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...workshops.html

I had mentioned there :

Quote:
Maruti's vast network of workshops consists of 4 types of workshops.

1. Maruti Authorised Dealers [Dealer Code]
- Sales
- Service of both Maruti & NEXA channel
- Spares
- Warranty
2. Maruti Service Master [MSM]
- Spares
- Warranty
3. Maruti Service Zone [MSZ]
- Spares
- Warranty
4. Maruti Authorised Service Stations [MASS]: Authorised for Maruti Channel only
- A Category MASS: Free & Paid Service, Major repairs and Accidental repairs
- B Category MASS: Free & Paid Service, Major repairs
- C Category MASS: Free & Paid Service, Minor repairs
- D Category MASS: Free Service, Minor Repairs
Leoshashi is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 19th November 2017, 15:17   #2470
BHPian

Anyone else here getting a hissing sound from the rear when braking? It's been there for a while but seems to be getting louder with time. The sound is much evident when braking on slopes. I took the car to the service center and the guy who checked the car seemed annoyed and told me that it is normal.
Old 19th November 2017, 19:53   #2471

Hi all,

This is my first post here and I would like to get some advice. I have bought Baleno Petrol Delta model in Jan 2017 and have been using it since then with an average usage of 500 Kms per month.

Since the beginning, I have observed a problem with the idling pickup. The engine idles at 500-600 rpm and when I would like to move the vehicle in first gear, the engine would require acceleration every time and it stops if not accelerated. I leave the clutch in a very slow fashion. For first few months I thought the car is designed that way. But this made the drive very difficult during traffic time as it stopped frequently.

I drove a new Baleno petrol delta today which my cousin bought 10 days back and its all perfect. I did not see a need to give acceleration for a initial movement of car in first gear. It was much easier to drive.

For my car, the maruti service folks said the car is all normal with no issues.
Can anyone please let me know if they have faced this issue and the probable way to get it fixed.
Old 19th November 2017, 19:57   #2472

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjacob View Post
Anyone else here getting a hissing sound from the rear when braking? It's been there for a while but seems to be getting louder with time. The sound is much evident when braking on slopes. I took the car to the service center and the guy who checked the car seemed annoyed and told me that it is normal.
Hey, yes I observe this sound in my Baleno as well. And it happens when I apply the brake with light effort just to slow the vehicle. If I put the brake hard to stop the car this sound does not come. I kind of ignored the sound all the time.
SandeepReddy86 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th November 2017, 21:50   #2473
BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leoshashi View Post
Ideally, it isn't allowed, and you shouldn't. If you observe and compare your owners manual with that of a non NEXA car, the list of allowed workshops has some changes. Only dealer workshops and MSM/MSZ's are allowed to handle NEXA cars, not the regular MASS.
Thanks petrolhead and Leoshashi - had no idea there were so many classifications of Maruti service centres!

I got my first inspection done at a non-NEXA dealers service centre (Spectra, Chembur). I don't ever leave any of my cars during service - so I was in and out in 45 minutes flat. (I don't allow my cars to be washed at any ASS as well). Really impressed - I booked on Saturday evening and got an appointment next day morning. It's great that they work Sundays. No VW ASS does.

A couple of points:

1. First start of the day - engine remains at 1.3K RPM for a fairly long time before settling into 800 rpm. This is 'normal', they say. The 1.2 TSI engine in my Polo settles down to 700 rpm much faster.

2. My car (29th September 2017 manufacturing date) has the new suspension - verified by looking at the part numbers.

Also, took the 5th year extended warranty for ~ Rs.1800.

Incidentally, the mechanic commended by choice of floor mats...and those alloys are slowly starting to grow on me!
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti Baleno : Official Review-img_20171119_122505.jpg  

Maruti Baleno : Official Review-img_20171119_122850.jpg  

Maruti Baleno : Official Review-phpldcvkdam.jpg  

d_himan is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 20th November 2017, 01:38   #2474
BHPian

Quote:

2. My car (29th September 2017 manufacturing date) has the new suspension - verified by looking at the part numbers!

Can you please throw some light in detail on how did you confirm the new suspension on your car?
petrolhead_chn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th November 2017, 08:56   #2475
BHPian

Quote:
Can you please throw some light in detail on how did you confirm the new suspension on your car?
verified by looking at part numbers on the struts and shocks. Matches with part numbers specified in earlier posts. you can actually bend down/take a snap with your phone in the wheel well (flash)

Most Viewed