Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th November 2017, 11:28   #2476
BHPian

Re: Maruti Baleno : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by d_himan View Post
Incidentally, the mechanic commended by choice of floor mats...and those alloys are slowly starting to grow on me!
Nice floor mats, can you please share the details like price, brand etc.

Last edited by Aditya : 20th November 2017 at 20:52. Reason: Fixing quote tag
Old 20th November 2017, 11:54   #2477
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SandeepReddy86 View Post
Since the beginning, I have observed a problem with the idling pickup. The engine idles at 500-600 rpm and when I would like to move the vehicle in first gear, the engine would require acceleration every time and it stops if not accelerated. I leave the clutch in a very slow fashion.
This seems to be similar issue I had with my 1st Lot Petrol SX4 many years ago. The 1st gear pickup from idyling would require an additional accelerator press, so as to succeed in getting the car in motion, else it would miss the beat and stop. If I remember correctly, this would happen when the AC was on and not noticeable when AC turned off. Tried escalating the matter those days with no avail. Finally sold the car after 3 years and kept my hands off Maruti and geared cars in general.
Old 20th November 2017, 20:05   #2478
BHPian

Last Saturday I went to a 3M car care in Sarjapur road, Bellandur, Bangalore for detailing and under-body coating for my Baleno. You can find my experience here:
Old 20th November 2017, 20:24   #2479
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Naren View Post
Yes, the website doesn't mention about it. The dealer has confirmed to me that it's available even for owners with EW till 3rd / 4 th year. Visit your nearest dealer for the details and pricing.
I checked with Maruti dealer who put me on to the service center, who after checking with the vehicle number quoted approx Rs 3500 for adding on 5th year warranty to a Baleno Alpha 1.2 petrol with existing 3rd and 4th year warranty.
Old 20th November 2017, 21:13   #2480
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by envyravi View Post
Nice floor mats, can you please share the details like price, brand etc.
thanks. Bought this from Paytm. Vendor is also present in Amazon. Search for "Frontline mats"
Old 20th November 2017, 23:36   #2481
BHPian

Quote:
verified by looking at part numbers on the struts and shocks. Matches with part numbers specified in earlier posts. you can actually bend down/take a snap with your phone in the wheel well (flash)

I took as many snaps as I could to check the part number but couldn't do so. There is cladding material inside the rear wheel arcs. I am not worried about the front. If you can post a picture from your car that would help. Else I don't think there is a way to find this out.
Old 21st November 2017, 06:46   #2482
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by petrolhead_chn View Post
I took as many snaps as I could to check the part number but couldn't do so. There is cladding material inside the rear wheel arcs. I am not worried about the front. If you can post a picture from your car that would help. Else I don't think there is a way to find this out.
Rear - it's on a sticker pasted around the shock absorber. Can't miss it. Check both sides. If this is missing, then I guess you'll have to check if your VIN falls within range.

Front - for me, it was a small sticker on the coil springs, towards the top. Clearly mentioned type 2 and P60.
Old 21st November 2017, 14:21   #2483
BHPian

Maruti Baleno : Official Review

Quote:
Rear - it's on a sticker pasted around the shock absorber. Can't miss it. Check both sides. If this is missing, then I guess you'll have to check if your VIN falls within range.

Front - for me, it was a small sticker on the coil springs, towards the top. Clearly mentioned type 2 and P60.

Well, i was able to read the part number on the fronts(P60) but rear is missing. Checked completely and there aren't any stickers. Neither am I able to stop doubting the dealer nor able to trust them. Sigh!!!
Old 21st November 2017, 18:50   #2484
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by petrolhead_chn View Post
Well, i was able to read the part number on the fronts(P60) but rear is missing. Checked completely and there aren't any stickers. Neither am I able to stop doubting the dealer nor able to trust them. Sigh!!!
P60 is the new one. Very unlikely the fronts are new, rears are old..so smile!
Old 21st November 2017, 21:58   #2485

Quote:
Originally Posted by riteshritesh View Post
This seems to be similar issue I had with my 1st Lot Petrol SX4 many years ago. The 1st gear pickup from idyling would require an additional accelerator press, so as to succeed in getting the car in motion, else it would miss the beat and stop. If I remember correctly, this would happen when the AC was on and not noticeable when AC turned off. Tried escalating the matter those days with no avail. Finally sold the car after 3 years and kept my hands off Maruti and geared cars in general.
Hi Ritesh,

Thank you for your response. It seems the problem is only with my car. The new car that I drove the other day was perfect. Also when I make the AC temperature low, the idling RPM automatically increases and the idling pickup is fine. But I cant drive with chilling temperatures always, so facing issues.. especially in traffic.

I hope to get some pointers from this forum before I go and fight with Maruti service guys. Team, please help me.

Thank you,
Sandeep
Old 25th November 2017, 07:00   #2486
Senior - BHPian

My daughter got a new petrol top line automatic Baleno yesterday; I was quite impressed with the car, including all the bells and whistles including Android Auto.

Build is a little flimsy, but as the salesman correctly pointed out, that should be seen in the context of the price for the cheapest trim - the build is of a Rs 6 lakhs OTR car, not one that is close to Rs 9 lakhs. Comparing the build of the top line Baleno to a cheapest S Cross on the basis that their prices aren't that different, isn't fair for example.

But the overall Nexa experience isn't anything special. It takes more than just grey suited salesmen that are called Relationship Managers.
Sawyer is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 26th November 2017, 23:46   #2487
BHPian

Took the leaf out of abhi7013's HEXA ownership thread and ordered for TPMS. One of the much needed product for the peace of mind on my long highway drives.
Received the package few days back and did a quick check on how it's working.
Will attach few pics for reference but my take on this product is:

Pros:
Easy to Install

Cons:
Theft prone, mostly if your vehicle stays outdoor a lot and tire pressure accuracy might differ a little.

Information provided on the display is of the current Battery status, Temperature and Pressure of Tire. One can easily set in the values, breaching them triggers beep sound which is loud enough. One can even choose the units of measure for display, pressure can be displayed either in Bar/psi and temperature in Celsius/Fahrenheit. For tire pressure and temperature settings, I would recommend everyone to go through the temperature ratings of the tire once.

Maruti Baleno : Official Review-img_9543.jpg

Pressure doesn't shows up since sensor valves are still needs to be tightened up but they worked once I tightened.
Maruti Baleno : Official Review-img_9544.jpg

Maruti Baleno : Official Review-img_9546.jpg

Last edited by Highh5 : 26th November 2017 at 23:48.
Highh5 is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 28th November 2017, 20:23   #2488
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by riteshritesh View Post
Mine is idling around 600 to 700 RPM with AC ON. What is the ideal idle RPM?
Even I feel the need for accelerator input to move the car from standstill.
Old 30th November 2017, 18:20   #2489
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amolathalye View Post
I want to know from all the Baleno owners who have owned this car for at least last 1 year. I have been observing the Baleno around and i feel it does not age well. Almost all the baleno cars have too many dents , broken mud flaps and generally start looking very dull soon. Do the owners agree to my observation.
I was going through this thread trying to convince myself that baleno is a good car and all the posts are pretty valid, but I have this exact same feeling. In comparison an elite i20 for example seems to age in a far better way. It is a general observation from the sample as seen on a daily basis.
sandx is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th November 2017, 22:51   #2490
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by maverickmano View Post
Hi Folks,

I got my left headlamp replaced under warranty today(for Fogging issue).
But there is a problem, on the replaced unit light o/p is warmer not cool white like my older unit, please check the photo below. Also, it looks like older unit is more powerful and illumination is different(smooth, circular reflector around lens looking like a light ring).

Please advice me on this.
Hi Maverick

As discussed over the PM, I am posting my car's headlight photos here. Posting them here since it will be beneficial for a wider audience.

Regarding my car's light, I find them slightly yellow in colour. Which is not same as Skoda Octavia or other high end cars which has a slight blue / white light.

I am not sure how much my phone camera captured it but it is slightly yellow in colour than the photo shows. Hope this helps.
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti Baleno : Official Review-20171130_211049.jpg  

Maruti Baleno : Official Review-20171130_211058.jpg  

Maruti Baleno : Official Review-20171130_211107.jpg  

Maruti Baleno : Official Review-20171130_211119.jpg  

Maruti Baleno : Official Review-20171130_211124.jpg  

amvj is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks