Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 20th December 2017, 12:48   #2521
BHPian

Re: Maruti Baleno : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by yogeshbala View Post
My Baleno is 9 month Old and now am hearing a squeaking noise from the engine. This sound is coming until the speed limit of 70 kmph and not thereafter. I believe it to be because of the engine belt.

Any one, any idea on the life period of the belt? It at all it is the issue with the belt, would it be covered under the warranty period (since, not even a year has Crossed) or would it be treated as a case of normal wear and tear?

Planing to take him to the service center this weekend, would also update on the resolution from the MSA guys.
Apologies for the late update!

So the issue happened to be with the Clutch bearing!

As stated in the earlier message, I had taken my car to the MASS on the 11th of December, 2017, for resolving the squeaking sound emanating from engine bay. I was anticipating that the sound was due to the faulty belt or so. However, I was made aware by my SA that the sound emanating due to a fault in the Clutch Bearing. Upon checking, the experienced SA informed that the clutch bearing needs to be replaced along with the input shaft bearing.

Just for the record, by this time my car had done 7K & odd k.m. and is 9 months old.

The issue was covered under warranty. Replacing the bearing was a time consuming process and I had to spend almost the whole day at the MASS.

Yet, I am thankful that the parts were ordered the same day, received and also fitted! I had been with my car through out the day to take a click of the part that caused the issue. Unfortunately I couldn't!

I was lucky, as well as happy, to get the additional benefits in the Process:

1. Free Car Wash & Waxing (including under body wash)
2. Update of the HU from Version 750 to 1750.2 (Android Auto Update)

In the meanwhile, also extended my warranty to 5 yrs or One Lakh K.M. by paying a sum Rs. 3,523/-

When inquired about the reasons for the issue, the SA was of the opinion that it might be a manufacturing problem with that particular part(s). Also a remark was made on the sideline that my car was / is not the first to come up with such an issue. (Friends, particularly Baleno Owners, BEWARE!!!)

Putting up the invoice for your reference pls.
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti Baleno : Official Review-yogesh-bala-service-invoice-11122017.jpg  

yogeshbala is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st December 2017, 11:07   #2522
Distinguished - BHPian

I have got latest parts catalogue of Baleno. I saw that alloy wheels are supplied by 2 brands : Enkei and Kosei Minda. My Baleno has Enkei wheels.
Maruti Baleno : Official Review-img_20171221_105847.jpg
Some details about new supplier :
http://www.autocarpro.in/features/mi...l-market-22121
Dr.Naren is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st December 2017, 15:09   #2523
Distinguished - BHPian

I have installed BMC Performance air filter in my Baleno 1.2. There is mild improvement in performance and I am happy
Maruti Baleno : Official Review-img_20171221_150645.jpg
Maruti Baleno : Official Review-img_20171221_132608.jpg
Details here :
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post4326366
Dr.Naren is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st December 2017, 19:16   #2524

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Naren View Post
I have installed BMC Performance air filter in my Baleno 1.2. There is mild improvement in performance and I am happy
Details here :
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post4326366
Amazing what you do with your cars Doc.

Good to see improvement over stock. With a remap it will only get better. Any change in the way the engine sounds now?
Old 21st December 2017, 19:47   #2525
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by social3047 View Post
Amazing what you do with your cars Doc.
Thanks man. My Baleno was all stock and this is only 1 performance upgrade I did .

Quote:
Good to see improvement over stock. With a remap it will only get better. Any change in the way the engine sounds now?
Yes, there is slight difference in engine sound. It revvs faster and engine note is slightly louder after 4000 RPM, I like it.
Old 22nd December 2017, 14:10   #2526
BHPian

To my fellow Baleno Owners, quick question, I see quite a lot of Baleno's recent ones too like 2016, 2017 models on sale which are hardly run less than 10K or 20K kms. Is there anything brewing in MSIL or any new model coming in or any problem ?
Just curious to know. I came to know as I am scouting for a Baleno or Ciaz online just in case I come across anything too good to miss.
Sunsh!nes is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd December 2017, 15:20   #2527
BHPian

Took around 4 months to cover 1000 km on odo in order to reach 21k recently.

Maruti Baleno : Official Review-img_0105.jpg

Due to rat chew, pipe used for wiper water flow are damaged and needs to be replaced before the year end trip. Visited Bimal Motors ASS, they did the job in 15 min and billed Rs. 84.00 including labour.

Maruti Baleno : Official Review-img_0133.jpg

Additionally, got the wheel alignment and balancing done from outside FNG.
Old 23rd December 2017, 01:51   #2528
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunsh!nes View Post
To my fellow Baleno Owners, quick question, I see quite a lot of Baleno's recent ones too like 2016, 2017 models on sale which are hardly run less than 10K or 20K kms. Is there anything brewing in MSIL or any new model coming in or any problem ?
No problem or anything. It's just that so many cars are sold and you would see them more in classifieds too .
Old 23rd December 2017, 09:51   #2529
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
As Naren said, so many cars were sold, so the probability of finding them on the used car sites always high. If you still want to clear any remaining doubt, just search for swift/ dzire in olx and see how many listings you would find. I bet, much more than Balenos.
There could be various reasons people decide to sell cars and list them on olx. Example, in my case, I found and bought a 4100 km run 8 months old Baleno Alpha in pristine condition on OLX: the owner got a job abroad and he had no other option other than to sell his car before he left.
Old 24th December 2017, 08:34   #2530
BHPian

I had a chance to test drive Baleno automatic yesterday for a friend. I had done this six months back and we gave up as the waiting time was quite high then. Now I came back very confused after the TD. There was a swish sound whenever I press the accelerator. I don't remember hearing it last time and the sales executive said it's normal. The suspension felt quite harsh at the back. The other worrying aspect is a lot of rattling noise. Not sure where it's coming from. I haven't read through the entire thread, but can someone confirm if these are not common issues?
Old 24th December 2017, 22:47   #2531
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbkumar View Post
I had a chance to test drive Baleno automatic yesterday for a friend. I had done this six months back and we gave up as the waiting time was quite high then. Now I came back very confused after the TD. There was a swish sound whenever I press the accelerator. I don't remember hearing it last time and the sales executive said it's normal. The suspension felt quite harsh at the back. The other worrying aspect is a lot of rattling noise. Not sure where it's coming from. I haven't read through the entire thread, but can someone confirm if these are not common issues?
I have recently got my Baleno petrol manual red colour in Bangalore and the waiting period was around 40 days. Regarding Swish sound, I don't know what that is. May be someone owning automatic can comment on this.

Baleno had stiff suspension issues on 2015 / early 2016 models but Maruti fixed them on 2017 models. Also, upon complaint, Maruti replaces the rear suspension on older ones. More details: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...-warranty.html

My car is now driven around 1900KM in 2 months. There are no rattles so far. May be mine is too new to comment on this. That said, I haven't seen anybody complaining about rattles except one or two in the forum. Also, don't compare test cars. They are often abused and are ill maintained. I have seen one of the worst Baleno in Surakshaa Nexa as their test car. It looked like the interior panels removed and fitted multiple times, lot of scratches and some of the switches were broken as well.
amvj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th December 2017, 08:20   #2532
BHPian

Quote:
Just curious to know. I came to know as I am scouting for a Baleno or Ciaz online just in case I come across anything too good to miss.

It is a great car. I have a Zeta Automatic which I got fitted with the apple car play and Michelin Tyres. Am very happy with the peppy car and butter smooth transmission. But after about 1 year and 6000 kms, feel it is a bit low slung for a person of my size. Am waiting for the new Ertiga Petrol AT launch, to change. Even the new to be launched Ciaz seems great but too would be low slung seating.
Old 27th December 2017, 15:25   #2533
BHPian

Back from 1500 kms trip to Bangalore-Mysore-Puttaparthy

My Zeta CVT performed flawlessly throughout the journey

During the fag end of the trip, we started hearing a 'hiss-hiss-kurr-kurr' sound from the A/C. The sound is very similar to grinding noise.

What could be the issue?

The roads were pretty bad during the return journey from Mysore to Bangalore via Kanakapura.
Old 28th December 2017, 14:53   #2534
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prodigy07 View Post
Back from 1500 kms trip to Bangalore-Mysore-Puttaparthy

My Zeta CVT performed flawlessly throughout the journey

During the fag end of the trip, we started hearing a 'hiss-hiss-kurr-kurr' sound from the A/C. The sound is very similar to grinding noise.

What could be the issue?

The roads were pretty bad during the return journey from Mysore to Bangalore via Kanakapura.
I once had similar sound from my A/C, and was told few leaves got stuck inside causing that sound. once it is removed, back to super silent.
gunsho is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th December 2017, 09:21   #2535
BHPian

My friend took delivery of his Baleno Delta Petrol yesterday from Varun Nexa Bangalore. I went along with him for the delivery.
I've put the booking experience in this post.

Since he was driving after a very long time, he requested me to drive the car in the dense traffic from the showroom to the nearest petrol pump. Everything was fine till the petrol pump (Shell). From there, when we started, the car stalled several times in 1st gear. It refused to move on plain ground without A-pedal input. This was unexpected for me since it did not have this problem when starting from the showroom. Now after going halfway to my friend's home, we switched seats and he began to drive with me riding shotgun. He too felt that the car did not inch ahead much with only clutch disengaged - it also needed A-pedal tap.
I understand that poor low-end torque is part of N/A petrol engine DNA (compared to diesels) but I never thought K12 in Swift/Baleno had this problem on flat/plain surfaces.
Can anybody help me with this? Is this part of running-in period of the engine? Will it be better after say 1000-2000 kms?

P.S: I've driven torquey engine/cars so far - Figo Diesel, Ritz Diesel, Zest Petrol (turbocharged). Also drove Tiago petrol for a short while in dense traffic. Never encountered the above issue in any of these cars.

Most Viewed