Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st January 2018, 22:36   #2581
BHPian

Re: Maruti Baleno : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajasRTR View Post
What is the manufacturing month of your car?
Was the suspension setup changed recently, or you mean the car was manufactured after MS corrected the noisy rear suspension problem?
Mine is a May 2017 make and it came with the upgraded suspension setup. But yes the ride is much much better than the test drive vehicles I have driven which had the pre upgrade setup. Guess me any my family has been spoilt by the Etios, dzire rides.
Old 21st January 2018, 22:52   #2582

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhi_abarth View Post
Mine is a May 2017 make and it came with the upgraded suspension setup. But yes the ride is much much better than the test drive vehicles I have driven which had the pre upgrade setup. Guess me any my family has been spoilt by the Etios, dzire rides.
Reason why I ask is...Mine is December 2016 manufactured, and it apparently comes with the revised suspension too. Nevertheless I find the rear suspension extra noisy than in other cars I have seen. Reported this during the 2nd and 3rd servicing. But the SA, after running my car's VIN through the system said, it is not eligible for the suspension setup change. Apparently only the cars manufactured before mid 2016 had the problem, and their suspension was changed in a silent recall.
But recently heard about a Baleno bought after mine getting the rear suspension changed under warranty.
Wanted to know if any other 2017-manufactured Baleno owners have got their suspension setup changed/upgraded recently?
Old 22nd January 2018, 14:44   #2583
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by StepUP! View Post
Hello All!
Need your help in deciding which car to buy. I am planning to buy an automatic car for my dad, which will be also used by my wife occasionally. Usage pattern is 90% in City and 10% on highway. Only front seats will be occupied most of the times. ...

We test drove grand i10 TC and Baleno CVT. Liked both the cars.
Grand i10 : Automatic is available only in two trims, Magna and Sportz(O). Lack of ABS on Sportz is a blunder by Hyundai. ....

Baleno : First thing I noticed is flimsy build. Absolutely appalling. Everything feels so tin can like. But car is really specious, feature loaded and good to drive......

Baleno owners please share your views. Is it that bad?
As a Baleno owner I would like to provide my views on this. As per your requirement, I don't think you require Baleno. It is for those who needs space. Also you have been spoilt by the interiors of the Hyundai. If you choose Baleno, you will regret for its flimsy, cost cutting interiors but has lot of features though. One of the reason I went for Baleno instead of i20 was, i20 lacked steering feedback and the petrol engine is not good. I find them major disadvantage over Baleno

Newer i10 has good steering (as per the reviews) and the petrol is peppy enough for the car. New i10 in blue colour looks good though.

Baleno cons as per my views:
Very light build (metal panels)
Interior plastics are also very light and bendy
Panel gaps are not consistent and some of the places have huge gaps (boot door)
Brakes are not good enough
Ugly alloy wheels

Baleno Pros:
Silent engine (Manual - especially during idle)
Fuel efficient
spacious
Feature rich (UV cut glass, Andriod and Apply car play)
Good illumination from Head lamps (Top end model)
amvj is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd January 2018, 16:12   #2584
BHPian

Rear Wheel Bearing Issue

After repeated visits to MSM to get complete suspension replacement, I finally managed to get it done

But, after driving the car close 150 kms, I noticed that something was not right.

There was a faint humming sound from the rear. This sound was directly proportional to the speed. So, I suspected there was something wrong with the wheel bearing

So, took the car to MSM during the weekend and the SA quickly confirmed that the left rear wheel bearing was indeed the culprit. They immediately approved the part to be replaced under warranty. Cost - Rs 2500/-
Prodigy07 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th January 2018, 09:28   #2585
Distinguished - BHPian

Baleno : Another Super Hit by Maruti!
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti Baleno : Official Review-fb_img_1516938939423.jpg  

Maruti Baleno : Official Review-img20180125wa0059.jpg  

Dr.Naren is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 29th January 2018, 10:40   #2586
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by maverickmano View Post
Only a small annoying issue remaining is the rattle from rear parcel shelf when going over uneven roads.
I have the same problem now. Could you please let me know how you got rid of this, if at all you did.

Also, I could feel and hear a rattling sound just behind the place on dashboard where the idols are usually placed. Anyone has faced this issue?
Number on the Odo is 15k. Had been on a ~1000km trip over the last three days, and the rattle started after I reached Bangalore last night
Edit : The rattle is not persistent. It occurs only on rough patches or when crossing over a speedbreaker

Last edited by autospeaker : 29th January 2018 at 10:41.
Old 29th January 2018, 14:34   #2587
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajasRTR View Post
But recently heard about a Baleno bought after mine getting the rear suspension changed under warranty.
Wanted to know if any other 2017-manufactured Baleno owners have got their suspension setup changed/upgraded recently?
Mine is Jan 2016 manufatured. Got my entire suspension changed during mid 2017. Ride quality even at rear side has improved like anything. The service center will not agree to do this change. If you can convince them for test ride in new car and compare ride quality with your old car then they will agree. Do note dont go for test ride in demo cars as they are mishandled by many.

Quote:
Only a small annoying issue remaining is the rattle from rear parcel shelf when going over uneven roads.
Had same issue in my car too. Called the service center folks but they are clueless. They awake the engineer inside me who tried to find the root cause. It was revealed that the extreme front end of the parcel try (front corners of parcel tray facing you when you open the hatch) is rattling against the another plastic base of the parcel tray.
I simply put black colour spongy sticky tape and friction sound is gone. Again the cabin is back to pin-drop silence mode.
souvik25 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th January 2018, 15:32   #2588
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by autospeaker View Post

Also, I could feel and hear a rattling sound just behind the place on dashboard where the idols are usually placed. Anyone has faced this issue?
Yes, experiencing this for a while. Rattle from B-pillar from where the seat belt pop out, another one either from dashboard just around the instrumentation console, another one from the driver side sun visor and on off from the parcel tray. My odo is currently around 23k, asked the service adviser to look into the rattles during Fourth paid service, but they didn't pay any heeds to the complaint. And as you said it comes only when you go through the rough patches, that's the only relief I had.
Old 30th January 2018, 09:34   #2589
BHPian

Quote:
I have the same problem now. Could you please let me know how you got rid of this, if at all you did.
The service center used insulation tape to wrap the hinges(those protrusions which sits in the groove of plastic panel) of parcel shelf. This has reduced the noise but not completely eliminated.

Quote:
I am not facing anything like this so far, I have just 8k on the odo. I hope you haven't dropped anything(like coins) into the windshield defogger vents.
maverickmano is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th January 2018, 10:11   #2590
BHPian

Quote:
I hope you haven't dropped anything(like
coins) into the windshield defogger vents.

This is exactly my suspicion- I say this because this irritating rattle started all of a sudden and was not "born" gradually. I did try to look into the vents using my phone torch, nothing I could see.

Is there a way for me to open the dashboard/defogger vents. Or is it safer to go to MASS.
Old 30th January 2018, 10:18   #2591
BHPian

Quote:
Is there a way for me to open the dashboard/defogger vents. Or is it safer to go to MASS.
Opening up dashboard is not going to be easy, I don't think we should attempt it. It is much safer to approach MASS. As far as I know, they would charge a fee if they find the reason for rattle is some foreign object and not a defect originating in the car.
maverickmano is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th January 2018, 10:51   #2592
BHPian

My experience with the Baleno has been good. My objectives while making a choice were and Baleno Alpha ticks all these boxes:

Smooth petrol motor
Fuel efficient
HID headlamps with projector
Touch screen system
Rear seat space

After 10k kms, here is my feedback:

Fuel efficiency is very good
Experience after android auto in the ICE is even better
Headlights are not as great as i though initially, maybe the 25w bulbs are to blame
Due to being light, car feels 'hairy' at higher speeds and requires more concentration to drive
Braking is just OK but ABS does its job
Paint layer is very thin. Even the slightest touch/scratch exposes metal.

If you find these strengths and weaknesses acceptable, go for it. CVT Baleno experience would be more or less same.
naturaldisaster is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st January 2018, 17:04   #2593
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Naren View Post
Update : AC blower sound

I took the car to service centre. They removed the AC blower motor and cleaned it. The sound was still present. The new part was not in stock and order has been placed. It would be changed free of cost under warranty
Hi Naren - Did you manage to get the AC blower motor replaced?

I'll visiting MSM during the weekend to diagnose the issue again.
Old 31st January 2018, 17:27   #2594
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prodigy07 View Post
Hi Naren - Did you manage to get the AC blower motor replaced?

I'll visiting MSM during the weekend to diagnose the issue again.
I missed to update it here. I observed the same sound from AC blower in my S-Cross. We checked few Baleno and S-Cross in service centre and all had that sound . I think the part has come. I am out of station now.
Old 1st February 2018, 10:49   #2595
VEA
BHPian

My Baleno Alpha CVT has done about 600 kms. Got 11.8 kmpl for the first tank with 90% urban and 10% bumper to bumper traffic. MID showed 13.0. Overall, very happy with the car. Some let downs observed too.

There are some minor squeaks from the dashboard while encountering bad roads. Didnt bother to check the origin. The panel next to the steering column on the underside of the dashboard is not locked in and is misaligned. The headlights are a disappointment. The xenons are only half as bright as a regular HID, upgrade of foglamps is in order. I also have an ergonomic concern in this car, which otherwise is very good in that department. I feel the accelarator and brake pedals should have been more offset to the right as is the case with most automatics. This would have avoided my ankle being twisted to apply brake all the time during bumper to bumper drives. There is a loud hiss coming from the brake pads/shoes while braking from day one of ownership. Sounds exactly like those bicycle brakes.

During the initial couple of days of ownership, I felt the suspension to be extremely uncomfortable. I feel it has softened a bit since then, may be I got adjusted to the new setup. I am yet to check the tyre pressure I am running on. I had a look down at the rear suspension and noticed that the rear shock absorbers are F30, while the springs are F40. Is this expected in a December 2017 manufactured vehicle? Yet to find the stickers on the rest of the suspension components.
VEA is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks