Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th February 2018, 13:43   #2626
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Maruti Baleno : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by t18 View Post
In the Nexa website Royal Platinum for Zeta automatic starts at Rs.11,000. How did you get it at this price, any discounts?
That is the price to be paid when you already have EW till 4 th year .
Old 21st February 2018, 11:02   #2627
VEA
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amvj View Post
Guys,

I have one doubt.

I have tried to use Google maps (Samsung Galaxy A9 Pro - Android phone connected to the car) and played songs from my phone but I find the songs are not playing well when I use maps. Looks like the phone's resources are not enough to do both simultaneously.

While using Maps, FM works just fine. Are there any other way or only I am facing the issue ?

I have an iPhone as well but it does not have Navigation system in the Car play.
I think your phone is good enough. Try using a different cable or update your HU software. I have absolutely no problem using google maps+tidal streaming hifi+whatsapp+sms read out+calls while using android auto with stock HU. I use a pixel 2xl.

I used to have issues with the same phone connected to a pioneer 5090BT earlier. It doesnt detect the phone occassionally. But the pioneer had no issues with an iphone. Tidal and whatsapp worked flawlessly in it.

Last edited by VEA : 21st February 2018 at 11:06.
VEA is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2018, 18:25   #2628
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: My Urban Blue Maruti Baleno RS

Baleno RS sells less than 10% of the total sales. Does an average of 900- 1000 per month.

Will this make Maruti Suzuki shut its doors of SWIFT SPORT for India?

Quote:
attributes the BalenoRS numbers to lower acceptability issues as in the case of a four-wheel drive that commands less than 2 per cent of the market or a continuously variable transmission that has a share of 5 per cent of the transmission market.

Link

Last edited by volkman10 : 22nd February 2018 at 18:40.
Old 22nd February 2018, 18:31   #2629
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: My Urban Blue Maruti Baleno RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Baleno RS sells less than 10% of the total sales. Does an average of 900- 1000 per month.
Not a bad figure at all. What about the competition? Abarth Punto is dead. I don't think GT TSI would be doing close to 1000 units per month. Maruti please take it positively and get Swift 1.4 booster jet .

Quote:
CV Raman senior executive director-engineering of Maruti Suzuki told ETAuto that the Boosterjet volumes are in the range of 900-1000 units per month. “They cater to a niche market as it is a performance based product.”

Last edited by Dr.Naren : 22nd February 2018 at 18:33.
Dr.Naren is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 26th February 2018, 17:07   #2630
BHPian

HI

Given the launch of the new Swift, how VFM is the Baleno?

Can we expect some discounts from NEXA dealers on the Baleno?
Old 26th February 2018, 17:13   #2631
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitayu View Post
Given the launch of the new Swift, how VFM is the Baleno?
Baleno looks much more VFM now. Bigger car and more features too compared to Swift.

Quote:
Can we expect some discounts from NEXA dealers on the Baleno?
Nothing as of now.
Old 27th February 2018, 15:12   #2632
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by absnation View Post
After a lot of misconceptions regarding the performance of CVT over manual, finally booked a Alpha CVT (White) for my father last week. As per the SA@Nexa, he stated that the probability of getting a Alpha White CVT is much faster as compared to any other color (ray blue/fiery red - which were the other color options in mind). I don't know how far is it correct.
If anyone can shed some light. SA stated 4 weeks flat.
Go for the color your like, you have to live with it for the next few years and may need to see it on a daily basis.

BTW let me address one misconception of the CVT - The 'S' mode.
Many think, it is something like the Sports mode in Tata petrol cars where Engine map changes in teh ECU and the noticeable performance improvement is observed.

Performance in CVT is simple - locking the engine spin at the RPM which gives max torque. When the 'S' mode is activated, the engine will be kept spinning near the 4k RPM which gives the torque required for an urgent maneuver.

It is not something that is to be kept on at all times unless you have a lot of fuel to burn.
dheepak10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th February 2018, 10:46   #2633
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dheepak10 View Post
Go for the color your like, you have to live with it for the next few years and may need to see it on a daily basis.

BTW let me address one misconception of the CVT - The 'S' mode.
Many think, it is something like the Sports mode in Tata petrol cars where Engine map changes in teh ECU and the noticeable performance improvement is observed.

Performance in CVT is simple - locking the engine spin at the RPM which gives max torque. When the 'S' mode is activated, the engine will be kept spinning near the 4k RPM which gives the torque required for an urgent maneuver.

It is not something that is to be kept on at all times unless you have a lot of fuel to burn.
Thanks, dheepak10 for your kind words and info on 'S' mode.
Got the vehicle allotted day before yesterday and scheduled for delivery on 6th March.

Last edited by Akshay1234 : 1st March 2018 at 01:25. Reason: b4 = before. Editing typo
Old 2nd March 2018, 17:22   #2634
BHPian

So, my Baleno Zeta CVT would be visiting MSM for 20K kms service tomorrow.

How would the bill amount look like?

Also, I'm little apprehensive if they would charge extra for brake cleaning. The rear drums have this squeaking noise when I drive through start/stop traffic, reverse on an incline etc;
Old 2nd March 2018, 17:28   #2635
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prodigy07 View Post
Also, I'm little apprehensive if they would charge extra for brake cleaning. The rear drums have this squeaking noise when I drive through start/stop traffic, reverse on an incline etc;
They are not supposed to charge extra for brake cleaning. Maruti has clearly instructed the same to dealers. I see most of the dealers not charging the same now. Brake cleaning, brake pads change, tyre rotation are all included in PMS charges.
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti Baleno : Official Review-img_20180302_173002.jpg  

Last edited by Dr.Naren : 2nd March 2018 at 17:30.
Dr.Naren is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 5th March 2018, 14:53   #2636
BHPian

Quote:
So, my Baleno Zeta CVT would be visiting MSM for 20K kms service tomorrow.

How would the bill amount look like?

Got the 20K service done at MSM last Saturday. I opted for Mineral oil.

Also, I replaced A/C Cabin filter, Air filter and got 3M A/C cleaning.

Total bill - Rs 6700/-
Prodigy07 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th March 2018, 07:40   #2637
BHPian

Guys, My RM informed me that the car is in transit. I asked him for the VIN number for my car. He tells me that the car will reach Maruti stockyard in Bangalore and only once I make the complete payment the car will be released to Kalyani Nexa and then he can share the VIN number. Does this make sense?

Also, the car has been dispatched from Haryana on 4th March. RM says he will deliver the car before 17th March. Can I reasonably expect to get my car in this timeline?

Last edited by Satishtv : 6th March 2018 at 07:45.
Old 6th March 2018, 09:28   #2638
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Satishtv View Post
Guys, My RM informed me that the car is in transit. I asked him for the VIN number for my car. He tells me that the car will reach Maruti stockyard in Bangalore and only once I make the complete payment the car will be released to Kalyani Nexa and then he can share the VIN number. Does this make sense?
No, that's just his pressure tactic to make you complete the payment. Take a strong stand and tell him clearly that you will not make the payment until you have the full VIN with you and until you ascertain that the mfg date of the car is in sync with what's being told to you.

Also, the best way is to communicate this over email and ensure all this is not just verbal communication.
Added_flavor is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th March 2018, 17:24   #2639
BHPian

Quote:
Got the 20K service done at MSM last Saturday. I opted for Mineral oil.

Also, I replaced A/C Cabin filter, Air filter and got 3M A/C cleaning.

Total bill - Rs 6700/-
Post 20K service, the car feels extremely sluggish. Given the fact that CVT's have rubber band effect, this additional sluggish behavior adds more agony!

What could be the reason?

Though air filter was not required to be replaced during the 20K service, I got it replaced too.
Old 7th March 2018, 18:22   #2640
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Post 20K service, the car feels extremely sluggish. Given the fact that CVT's have rubber band effect, this additional sluggish behavior adds more agony!
Did you fill fuel after service? If that is the case, I suspect bad fuel.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks