Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 9th August 2018, 16:52   #2896
BHPian

Re: Maruti Baleno : Official Review

Baleno Owners - I'm back with one more query.

I had been to MSM last week for a routine check-up of my Baleno Zeta CVT. During the test-drive, for a change I sat in the rear and observed the vehicle's behaviour. During the drive, I could hear faint wind noise (whoosh-whoosh) from the boot. Also, when the vehicle was at stand-still at the signal, the traffic noise was very evident inside the cabin (rear).

Can you please this case in your respective cars and confirm back?
Old 11th August 2018, 12:03   #2897
Distinguished - BHPian

Baleno's export variant on tests, what could be the upcoming changes?

Maruti Baleno : Official Review-suzukibaleno1.4lboosterjetspottedindia1.jpg

Maruti Baleno : Official Review-suzukibaleno1.4lboosterjetspottedindia2.jpg

Link
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th August 2018, 23:57   #2898
Senior - BHPian

What is the first year insurance renewal cost for Baleno Petrol?

I have received a quote of Rs. 13,500 for my Baleno Sigma from my Nexa dealer. Mine is due for renewal in September last week.

I cross verified on policybazaar and they are showing quotations as low as Rs. 6500!
Old 12th August 2018, 08:35   #2899
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluevolt View Post

I have received a quote of Rs. 13,500 for my Baleno Sigma from my Nexa dealer. Mine is due for renewal in September last week.

I cross verified on policybazaar and they are showing quotations as low as Rs. 6500!
Wow. Did policybazaar asked you the year / model etc..? 6500 looks like a quote for old baleno.
gunsho is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th August 2018, 10:14   #2900
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluevolt View Post

Please check the IDV, it'll be ridiculously low for a premium of 6500.

For my car, Alpha petrol, I paid 12xxx for an IDV of 625000, that's roughly about 15% depreciation from the IDV of the previous year. For the same IDV, Maruti insurance was quoting 16xxx. I saved 4k and got it done through coverfox.

PS: The premium I paid includes zero dep and is inclusive of the NCB from previous year.

Last edited by Added_flavor : 12th August 2018 at 10:15.
Added_flavor is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th August 2018, 12:52   #2901
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Added_flavor View Post
Please check the IDV, it'll be ridiculously low for a premium of 6500.

For my car, Alpha petrol, I paid 12xxx for an IDV of 625000, that's roughly about 15% depreciation from the IDV of the previous year. For the same IDV, Maruti insurance was quoting 16xxx. I saved 4k and got it done through coverfox.

PS: The premium I paid includes zero dep and is inclusive of the NCB from previous year.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gunsho View Post
Wow. Did policybazaar asked you the year / model etc..? 6500 looks like a quote for old baleno.
Mine is Sigma Variant. Will be 1 year old on 27th September.

Maruti insurance is showing declared IDV 421100 and asking for Rs. 13,500 as insurance renewal. This is appearing to be on higher side. Though this is 0 dep policy.

Policybazaar is quoting around 350000 as vehicle IDV and asking for Rs. 6500 as insurance renewal. I am not sure if this was zero dep. Need to confirm it again.
bluevolt is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th August 2018, 14:33   #2902
BHPian

Just took the delivery of a new Nexa Baleno Petrol Zeta Manual in Nexa Blue colour replacing my 5 year old beater Swift.
Was very happy with the car overall apart from the Interior plastic quality.
I also pestered the Sales team about upgrading the headlight units to the Alpha variant but in vain.
Maruti Baleno : Official Review-img_3310.jpg

Maruti Baleno : Official Review-img_3311.jpg

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 28th August 2018 at 16:15. Reason: Typo.
ashish2135 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 18th August 2018, 21:46   #2903
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhi_abarth View Post
On the other hand Suzuki has silently launched the 'Suzuki Connect' an advanced telematic solution for Nexa vehicles.
It's a telemetry system showing you car information on :
1. Vehicle Tracking
2. Emergency alert
3. Driving behavior analysis
4. Live vehicle status (vehicle tracking)
5. Service due reminder
So I bought this at 9999 and got it installed in my car today. Was a 1hr procedure. The subscription rate is 2999 for 3 years, so that'll be the only recurring cost.

The dealer first said it was 45min procedure. I equipped with headphones and reached the Nexa showroom. The accessory person then said it'll take 2hrs, so I booked a cab and went home.

Very soon after I reached I got a call saying it was completed.

It got activated within 1-2 hrs after and I was able to check the car data on my car. It logged the drive back from Nexa to my home and showed me the route.

The GPS / software is a bit off though. I parked in the basement of my home and of course there is not GPS signal there. However it shows my current car location at some random place 0.5-1km away. I didn't even pass by that place enroute to home.

It showed me the route till I reached home, so it could easily use last recorded location and show me location of the car, but it seems to be a bit messed up.

However it is showing ignition status, fuel available in % etc. Gave me a driving score of 91 (I guess I should be happy :P ) during the trip back. Let's see what more data I can get out of this as the days go by.
herculesksp is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th August 2018, 23:10   #2904

Quote:
Originally Posted by haribabu View Post
I will be contacting the service center about this. Hope the issue gets resolved smoothly.

I got the release bearing replaced under warranty from Indus Motors service center at Mettukada Junction, Trivandrum. I took the car to the service center on a Monday morning and got a call on Tuesday afternoon telling the car was ready.

Experience at the service center when collecting the car could have been better. The personnel at the service center struggled to drive the car from the parking lot to the service center. He told that there was a play in the clutch pedal and wanted to have it checked. After about 45 minutes of waiting, I was told the clutch was fixed but the pedal might be slightly soft. I told them that I would take the car home and that if there was any issue, I would bring it back later. The drive back home was not good - clutch was too soft. At home, I found that the bonnet was not properly closed by the mechanic and that the bonnet was very greasy.

At the service center, I was told that the release bearing was replaced with a slightly different model. It seems that such complaints have been reported for the WagonR. The particular service center that I went to was one that services all Maruti cars and not particularly Nexa. This could have been the cause for them fumbling with my Baleno. I spoke to a Nexa Service Manager on another instance and he also told that this release bearing was a known issue with Petrol Balenos.

After driving for a while, the pedal feel has now became more tolerable. I don't really know if the current feel is same as it was before this ordeal. I am not interested in taking the car back to the same service center. I wonder if during my second free service the technicians will oblige to tune the clutch.
Old 28th August 2018, 15:58   #2905
BHPian

Driven to and fro between Bangalore and Hampi, got a mileage of 18.0 kmpl after covering 810 km.
This includes not so well paved roads of around 350 km, completed 27k on odo as well.

Replaced my stock wipers with the frameless 3M wipers which costed me Rs.1550
Have to say that they are way better, aesthetically pleasing and cover bit more area then the stock ones.
Highh5 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st August 2018, 15:52   #2906
BHPian

Need advice :
I am planning to go for the 3m paint protection coat for my Baleno (Ray blue). The car was bought in May 2017 hence want to know if it will be effective now ? I already see the car lost some shine as it was parked in open parking for some months.

Your thoughts please ?
Old 31st August 2018, 18:41   #2907
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prodigy07 View Post
Few Interesting updates on my 2016 Baleno Zeta CVT
So, continuing the mission of getting my Zeta CVT cosmetically upgraded to Baleno RS, I got the front bumper replaced along with RS chin spoiler last weekend.

Along with this, I got the front and rear 'S' decals and rear Baleno decal painted in Piano Black. The RS decal is not visible in this pic though!

Also, I got bored of the German plates. So, got them replaced with Speedex Type 2 plates.

My next modification would be to get the rear bumper replaced
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti Baleno : Official Review-baleno-front-rs-look.jpg  

Maruti Baleno : Official Review-baleno-rear.jpg  

Last edited by Prodigy07 : 31st August 2018 at 18:43.
Prodigy07 is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2018, 19:13   #2908
BHPian

So, Autocar India did a review comparing the automatic versions of the Baleno, Jazz and i20. Not sure how he is talking about the performance of a petrol automatic Baleno while driving around in a diesel manual. They do have a disclaimer that they used a diesel car for shoot purposes only.

Here is the video:

Last edited by Aditya : 15th September 2018 at 06:51. Reason: Typo
ROG_AK is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 12th September 2018, 18:26   #2909
BANNED

Another Maruti addition happened today. Got a Baleno 1.2L Petrol (Zeta) in Blue colour. Accessories in the deal:
  • Illuminated sill plates
  • Floor mats
  • Mud flaps
  • Seat covers
  • Bumper protector
  • Side moulding

Paid 7.7L on the road. Shall be stock and no modifications like my Creta.

Maruti Baleno : Official Review-img20180912wa0034__01.jpg

Maruti Baleno : Official Review-img20180912wa0032__01.jpg

Maruti Baleno : Official Review-img20180912wa0033.jpg
a4anurag is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 12th September 2018, 18:46   #2910
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Another Maruti addition happened today. Got a Baleno 1.2L Petrol (Zeta) in Blue colour.
Congratulations! It sure must be raining cars at your household. Creta, BMW and now back to your earlier bastion Maruti. Was the picture taken today? If so then it looks like a not-so-good pre delivery done at Nexa. My car had more plastic and tyre dressing even when it came back from the recent service.
audioholic is offline   (5) Thanks

Most Viewed