Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th July 2019, 16:38   #3091
BHPian

Re: Maruti Baleno : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Satishtv View Post
Guys, what is this mesh like thing near rear wheels. This had partially come off. I observed it while getting my car washed. I was able to push it back in place. Should I get this checked?
I am not an expert so I can can be wrong, but that looks to me heat insulation material placed between the exhaust bend pipe & (possibly) fuel tank.

It's there for safety to make sure heat from exhaust isn't causing any unwanted safety issue for the fuel tank.

Thanks.

Last edited by NaXal : 7th July 2019 at 16:39. Reason: Fixed typos
NaXal is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th July 2019, 18:33   #3092
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunsho View Post
[*]Place your hand on top of the steering wheel and if the hands are straight,
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaKilo View Post
- Not sure about others but according to best driving practices followed here, if your hands (elbow portion) while resting on the steering does not have a slight bend, it is going to be a stress while driving.
Good point. Ofcourse while driving, both will not be present on top of the steering. It will create lot of tension on hand. When we place it 9<->3 position, it will have bend.
gunsho is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th July 2019, 12:24   #3093

Quote:
Originally Posted by k2_4_u View Post
I own a 6 month old Baleno Petrol CVT Alpha with 2.9k on the odo. It’s manufactured in Nov 2018 and up for second service in a few weeks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prodigy07 View Post
Hello,

Quick question - How's the movement between R-N-D? Do you find it little hard?
I got the CVT cable checked at Maruti Suzuki Service center and they say the cable is absolutely fine and there is no need to replace it.

What else could be the reason for these issues in my car? Could there be some transmission related problem?

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 11th July 2019 at 12:34. Reason: Quote content trimmed
Old 12th July 2019, 12:50   #3094
BHPian

Question to all Baleno CVT Owners - When should the CVT transmission oil be replaced? My vehicle is currently due for 40K service.

Quote:
Originally Posted by k2_4_u View Post
I got the CVT cable checked at Maruti Suzuki Service center and they say the cable is absolutely fine and there is no need to replace it.

What else could be the reason for these issues in my car? Could there be some transmission related problem?
Do you find any resistance in the accelerator pedal? Can you please try pressing the pedal fully when the car is not in motion?

Also, I hope you haven't placed a THICK door mat on the driver side.

Last edited by Prodigy07 : 12th July 2019 at 12:52.
Old 12th July 2019, 21:25   #3095
BHPian

I just drove Baleno CVT for the first time, albeit for a short distance. But that short drive convinced me that if I ever need an automatic, this will be my preference over the AMT any given day.
Sherlocked is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 14th July 2019, 00:17   #3096
BHPian

I took a test drive of the CVT and Manual variants of the BS6 Baleno and I'm really impressed by the vehicle and its capabilities.
I connected easily with the Manual (I drive an AMT) however not so much with the CVT.
With the CVT, in city driveability is good and adequate to get by in our traffic, however, on open road and highways, I really couldn't get it to go fast. The AMT Celerio is very quick compared to the CVT Banleo.

I'm looking to upgrade my Celerio for 2 reasons -
1. Often drive to Bangalore from Pune so I need a more comfortable car than the Celerio
2. My wife uses the car as well and she can't drive a stick shift, hence an automatic.

Can you please update how a CVT is on the highway?
Can it do speeds of more than 100 - 120kmph?
Not exactly a fast driver myself but I do enjoy that burst of acceleration. Will this ever be felt in the CVT?
Old 14th July 2019, 02:14   #3097

Quote:
Originally Posted by no_boundaries View Post
I took a test drive of the CVT and Manual variants of the BS6 Baleno and I'm really impressed by the vehicle and its capabilities.
I connected easily with the Manual (I drive an AMT) however not so much with the CVT.
With the CVT, in city driveability is good and adequate to get by in our traffic, however, on open road and highways, I really couldn't get it to go fast. The AMT Celerio is very quick compared to the CVT Banleo.

I'm looking to upgrade my Celerio for 2 reasons -
1. Often drive to Bangalore from Pune so I need a more comfortable car than the Celerio
2. My wife uses the car as well and she can't drive a stick shift, hence an automatic.

Can you please update how a CVT is on the highway?
Can it do speeds of more than 100 - 120kmph?
Not exactly a fast driver myself but I do enjoy that burst of acceleration. Will this ever be felt in the CVT?
It can all day cruise at 90 or 110. Keeping the rpm at a less noiser rate has been a challenge for me at 100 or 120.

Having said that and having driven the cvt extensively on highways, its a charm. It can easily do 160 with no strain, but anyday i will not take the baleno beyond 100. Tested it out on madurai trichy NH, which is relatively less populated on a weekday
sramven is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th July 2019, 08:25   #3098
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prodigy07 View Post
Got the rear boot lid spoiler painted in Piano Black

Chrome Delete - 90% complete.

Only the door handles are pending.

Attachment 1880146
Your car looks superb !

I have booked the Baleno and am getting delivery this week. I'm from Chennai as we. Can you please share details of your alloys ? Which make and where you picked up from ? Also where you can get the piano black or gun metal finish done on the chrome as well as alloys ?

I hate the amount of.chrome on the Baleno , specially that rear spoiler. Would love to get it off .
Old 15th July 2019, 18:00   #3099
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinay_ss View Post
Your car looks superb !

I have booked the Baleno and am getting delivery this week. I'm from Chennai as we. Can you please share details of your alloys ? Which make and where you picked up from ? Also where you can get the piano black or gun metal finish done on the chrome as well as alloys ?

I hate the amount of.chrome on the Baleno , specially that rear spoiler. Would love to get it off .
Thank you Vinay!

Alloys - 16" Momo Revenge Concave in Matt Black
Tyres - Continental MC5 205/55 R16

I got the alloys/tyres from BM Lal.

Regarding the piano black finish on the boot lid spoiler. I got them done from an FNG.
Prodigy07 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th July 2019, 23:22   #3100

Quote:
Originally Posted by sramven View Post
It can all day cruise at 90 or 110. Keeping the rpm at a less noiser rate has been a challenge for me at 100 or 120.

Having said that and having driven the cvt extensively on highways, its a charm. It can easily do 160 with no strain, but anyday i will not take the baleno beyond 100. Tested it out on madurai trichy NH, which is relatively less populated on a weekday
I completely agree. There's is no dearth of power on CVT per se, it is all about learning or adapting to it so you can, if not eliminate, reduce the rubber band effect.

The acceleration might be slow, however the refinement and smoothness of a CVT is undeniable when compared to AMT.

I own a Honda City CVT, and am now buying Baleno CVT for my wife. I have driven a Hyundai AMT with Torque C, no comparisons.

If what you're looking for is sheer power on automatic, then you will need to look at a Dual Clutch Automatic with VW or Hyundai Venue.
jugz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th July 2019, 11:48   #3101
Senior - BHPian

My car is approaching 20,000 Kms and will be due for the service.

Please let me know what are the mandatory jobs that need to be undertaken for 20k service other than engine oil replacement.

I don't want to spend anything beyond what is necessary.
Old 17th July 2019, 10:11   #3102
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluevolt View Post
Please let me know what are the mandatory jobs that need to be undertaken for 20k service other than engine oil replacement.
Please refer to your owner's manual for the required details. Go to Inspection and Maintenance ----> Periodic Maintenance Schedule.

Don't pay extra(including consumables like grease etc) for brake servicing. Brake inspection, calliper pin greasing, rear brake drum cleaning with just brush are all included under PMS.
Nimalan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th July 2019, 10:21   #3103
BHPian

Hi,

So this morning my car just came to stand still and everything seemed fine until we got down and inspected it.
Maruti Baleno : Official Review-img20190718wa0000.jpg

This looks bad!

The car has run just a little shy of 11000 KMS in 2 years and this happens today. The normal towing vehicle couldn't help doy flat bed is due to pick this up. Can someone please help me out with this situation and help me with what has to be done?

Right now I'm clueless

Thanks in advance!
Old 18th July 2019, 10:50   #3104
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhansali_hardik View Post
Hi,

So this morning my car just came to stand still and everything seemed fine until we got down and inspected it.
Attachment 1895400

This looks bad!

The car has run just a little shy of 11000 KMS in 2 years and this happens today. The normal towing vehicle couldn't help doy flat bed is due to pick this up. Can someone please help me out with this situation and help me with what has to be done?

Right now I'm clueless

Thanks in advance!
Looks like the steering rack tie rod has snapped, it should be an easy fix as well as inexpensive, however a warranty claim is in order.
Kosfactor is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 18th July 2019, 10:59   #3105
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhansali_hardik View Post
Hi,
Can someone please help me out with this situation and help me with what has to be done?
By the looks of it, tie rod has sheared! Get it towed & inspected through MASS.

These shafts are meant to last as long as the vehicle, if not more.
At first, you should push for replacement under warranty.
If nothing else is damaged, it should be a half day job.

Once, you are free from the formalities, do tell us the about the vehicle speed & terrain where this incident happened. This is not supposed to be a generic and could be a quality issue in a particular batch. However, I'll let MSIL engineers to come up with the root cause.

Last edited by Ashir : 18th July 2019 at 10:59. Reason: wrong observation, corrected
Ashir is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks