Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th December 2019, 12:59   #3196
Senior - BHPian

Re: Maruti Baleno : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluevolt View Post
I bought my car in Sep 2017. IIRC, in the pricelist pamphlet fast tag was mentioned for Rs. 500. Unable to recall if I asked them to exclude it or didn't receive it.

Or please correct me if I am wrong and fastag was mandated post sep 2017.
My friend bought a Baleno in December 2017 in Bangalore, and he didnt receive the Fasttag either. In fact, he just purchased it a couple of weeks back. So I suppose it became mandatory post 2017.
Old 16th December 2019, 13:02   #3197
BANNED

Quote:
I bought my car in Sep 2017. IIRC, in the pricelist pamphlet fast tag was mentioned for Rs. 500. Unable to recall if I asked them to exclude it or didn't receive it.

Or please correct me if I am wrong and fastag was mandated post sep 2017.
I bought my Creta in October 2017 and the price list didn't have mandatory Fastag. I bought the Fastag in August 2018 prior to a road trip.

EDIT: As per MoRTH announcement, Fastag was mandatory for all new cars from 1st December, 2017. As per this link.

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 16th December 2019 at 15:47. Reason: Fixed typo.
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th December 2019, 13:46   #3198
Senior - BHPian

Thanks all for clarifying my doubt. That means, for sure, fastag was not applicable at the time of my car purchase. Would go for a new one. Is Paytm recommended route to fastag?
Old 17th December 2019, 14:50   #3199
BHPian

Quote:
Is Paytm recommended route to fastag?
There are many banks who are issuing Fastag. Just check with your banker.
Old 18th December 2019, 15:05   #3200
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I bought my car in Sep 2017. IIRC, in the price-list pamphlet fast tag was mentioned for Rs. 500. Unable to recall if I asked them to exclude it or didn't receive it.

Or please correct me if I am wrong and FASTag was mandated post Sep 2017.
Fastag's actual mandate enforcement was only attempted now. And will be attempted again in coming days after people get them on the cars. Check your welcome kit received at the time of the car delivery. If it has a separate receipt for the FasTag payment of 500 you made, then you should have received one. If not - you didn't buy one. Either way - its already been 2 years since you purchased the car. The FasTag even if you bought it, has been inactive all this while. Better to simply buy a new one.

For sure - the RFID on your car is simply a car identification RFID used by service stations, manufacturing plants etc to track work done & movement of car within their flow. No other purpose.
Old 18th December 2019, 21:09   #3201
BHPian

I bought a Baleno Alpha CVT for wifey today. This is from Surakshaa Nexa, Electronic City, Bangalore. When taking the delivery, I noticed some "severe rust" near the front disc brakes. Attaching the pics below. From the VIN, I could decode that the car was manufactured in September 2019. Can the car gather so much rust in 2.5 months? I think the car may not have been maintained properly in the dealer's stock yard. Should I be really worried? Unfortunately, the buying experience has been very bad this time
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti Baleno : Official Review-rustpic1.jpeg  

Maruti Baleno : Official Review-rustpic2.jpeg  

Maruti Baleno : Official Review-rustpic3.jpeg  

pat2kin is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th December 2019, 22:19   #3202
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pat2kin View Post
I think the car may not have been maintained properly in the dealer's stock yard. Should I be really worried?
It is because of poor quality powder coating and quality control issues with Maruti.

Since your car is new, get the parts replaced. It won't be easy though. Make a tough stand and get it done by whatever means possible.

Unfortunately for me, I noticed this in my swift only after 10 months. I didn't even bother trying. Please refer to the below post where the components have been replaced in a new vehicle.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offici...ml#post4496263

This issue is noticed in both swift and baleno. To all those taking delivery of new vehicles, please get the parts checked and replaced.
Nimalan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th December 2019, 08:38   #3203
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nimalan View Post
It is because of poor quality powder coating and quality control issues with Maruti.

Since your car is new, get the parts replaced. It won't be easy though. Make a tough stand and get it done by whatever means possible.
Thanks very much for your reply and advice, Nimalan. So, it does look like a major quality issue with the car. I have already sent an email to their Quality Manager. Will talk to him today too. I had plans to go on a road trip with my family next week. Not a good idea?
Old 19th December 2019, 11:22   #3204
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pat2kin View Post
Thanks very much for your reply and advice, Nimalan. So, it does look like a major quality issue with the car. I have already sent an email to their Quality Manager. Will talk to him today too. I had plans to go on a road trip with my family next week. Not a good idea?
I don't think it has a direct bearing on a road trip planned next week. You can go ahead.
It does look bad on face yes, but wouldn't just fail due to surface rust. Just get it reported, acknowledged by MASS & replaced in your next visit in warranty. For now - just ensure you get it in writing from them that they acknowledge this & will replace.
Reinhard is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th December 2019, 12:05   #3205
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post
I don't think it has a direct bearing on a road trip planned next week. You can go ahead.
It does look bad on face yes, but wouldn't just fail due to surface rust. Just get it reported, acknowledged by MASS & replaced in your next visit in warranty. For now - just ensure you get it in writing from them that they acknowledge this & will replace.
Thanks, Reinhard. Talked to the Quality Manager and he is discussing the matter with his PDI department. He said he will let me know by the end of the day. I will keep you guys posted. Once again, appreciate your help
Old 19th December 2019, 20:00   #3206
BHPian

Any feedback on performance of dualjet hybrid performance compared to the regular 1.2 L engine? Is it true that dualjet gears are tuned tall for mileage? Like to know how it performs in city traffic? Is it still peppy to drive in city? I'm very interested in Toyota Glanza G Hybrid, given that it undercuts Baleno by Rs 65,000
Old 19th December 2019, 23:31   #3207
BHPian

I like tyres with bigger aspect ratio for no reason. Just the look of them. When I change the tyres in my Baleno Zeta (195/55R16), can I replace them with 195/60R16 ? I understand that they will be about 3% larger in circumference, with consequent errors in speedometer. (Speedometer anyway reads higher by about 8%). What about other issues like handling, stability etc.?

Also how do Michelin Energy XM2 compare to stock Apollo Alnac 4G, mainly in terms of comfort and mileage ?
Old 20th December 2019, 09:59   #3208
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9216 View Post
I like tyres with bigger aspect ratio for no reason. Just the look of them. When I change the tyres in my Baleno Zeta (195/55R16), can I replace them with 195/60R16 ? I understand that they will be about 3% larger in circumference, with consequent errors in speedometer. (Speedometer anyway reads higher by about 8%). What about other issues like handling, stability etc.?
You are one of the slightly smaller set of folks liking taller side wall looks on tyres. 195/60R16 may be a safe fit. Do check what happens at the steering lock positions. Ensure they don't touch the wheel wells.

Handling will get slightly worse with a tiny bit of roll added. The ride will become cushier on rough roads. The key aspect to keep in mind will be braking distance. The 4 tyres altogether will add up weight on the car & braking distance will increase. You'll have to drive extra carefully for a couple of weeks to re-calibrate your braking judgement.

Another point to check would be - whether the larger diameter wheel-tyre combination fits in the spare wheel well in the boot. Don't assume it would.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 9216 View Post
Also how do Michelin Energy XM2 compare to stock Apollo Alnac 4G, mainly in terms of comfort and mileage ?
Well they don't compare much! Michelin hardly has a comparison on comfort. Mileage is similar on both. I would pick Michelin E-XM2.
Old 21st December 2019, 13:06   #3209
BHPian

Thank you. I shall stay with stock size, but switch to Michelins.
Old 24th December 2019, 22:18   #3210

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinbie2019 View Post
Any feedback on performance of dualjet hybrid performance compared to the regular 1.2 L engine? Is it true that dualjet gears are tuned tall for mileage? Like to know how it performs in city traffic? Is it still peppy to drive in city? I'm very interested in Toyota Glanza G Hybrid, given that it undercuts Baleno by Rs 65,000
I have a Toyota Glanza G Hybrid variant and its performance is pretty good. Mileage is also very good - am getting around 18 in Bangalore traffic. The gearing is pretty tall but i have never found a lag. The performance seems to taper off beyond 100 kmph.
naveen.maverick is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks