Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th January 2020, 18:29   #3241
Senior - BHPian

Re: Maruti Baleno : Official Review

Baleno 1st Servicing 27-02-2010 661kms

The Baleno was serviced as the one month deadline was approaching and I was pleasantly surprised by the level of service and knowledge of the the Maruti trained mechanic at the Nexa Workshop at Meerut. All oil and fluid were checked. A little brake fluid was topped up free of cost. The front tyres were removed and brake discs were cleaned. The air filter and the cabin filter were also removed and cleaned. All bolts were tightened. The front two shock absorber bolts were especially tightened. Also was surprised to see this auto washer at their workshop
Maruti Baleno : Official Review-baleno-1st-servicing-27012020-661kms_1.jpg

The engine bay after servicing. Notice all the additional wiring harnesses besides the battery are neatly tucked away for the OE look.

Maruti Baleno : Official Review-baleno-1st-servicing-27012020-661kms_2.jpg

The gear lever was also swapped with a OE chrome one from the workshop for 350 bucks. Looks and feels better in the hand.
Maruti Baleno : Official Review-baleno-chrome-gear-lever-05012020.jpg

Cheers for now...
Maruti Baleno : Official Review-baleno-1st-servicing-27012020-661kms_3.jpg
dkaile is online now   (10) Thanks
Old 30th January 2020, 23:30   #3242
Senior - BHPian

When did the Baleno Key Fob change from the smart looking one (like the Nissan one) to the ordinary looking rectangular ones?
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti Baleno : Official Review-smart-key.jpg  

Maruti Baleno : Official Review-baleno-faelift38.jpg  

Old 31st January 2020, 21:23   #3243
sbm
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dieselritzer View Post
Reminds me of my Activa. Have you upgraded the bulbs without use of relay?
These are the stock bulbs. The light fluctuation is not like that in scooters, its just that the lights get noticeably brighter when the accelerator is released.
Old 31st January 2020, 23:19   #3244
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pedrolourenco View Post
When did the Baleno Key Fob change from the smart looking one (like the Nissan one) to the ordinary looking rectangular ones?
After the facelift, I believe.

Regards,
Shashi

Last edited by Leoshashi : 31st January 2020 at 23:21.
Leoshashi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st February 2020, 01:46   #3245
BHPian

My car will complete 2 years in March. I had not bought the extended warranty during purchase. Should I purchase the warranty now?
One thought running through my mind is that the car hardly does 5000 kilometers in a year, why waste the money
The other thought is that this is a CVT, what if something guys wrong with the transmission.
Not sure what to do. Please help!

Price -
1) Royal Platinum - 16670
2) Platinum - 14590
Old 1st February 2020, 13:49   #3246
BHPian

Anybody know what the recommended tyre pressure is for the Baleno? It's not mentioned on the car (I think). I haven't felt any significant changes in ride quality but visually they do look less inflated than from the time I took delivery last Dec.
Old 1st February 2020, 16:15   #3247
sbm
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Satishtv View Post
My car will complete 2 years in March. I had not bought the extended warranty during purchase. Should I purchase the warranty now?
One thought running through my mind is that the car hardly does 5000km
The other thought is that this is a CVT, what if something guys wrong with the transmission.
Price -1) Royal Platinum - 16670 2) Platinum - 14590
I was in the same situation and my annual milegae is also same around 5000kms but, I have a manual petrol. I decided not to go with extended warranty because of my low running and reliability of the car ( although I had to replace the clutch at 10k kms due to manufacturing defect, I wrote it off as an isolated event not effecting other components life). As you have mentioned you are worried that yours is a CVT and that's why you are concerned, I would suggest you to consider the history of CVT transmission in Baleno. If there are cases of transmission failure, then you should definitely go for extended warranty.

Last edited by sbm : 1st February 2020 at 16:17.
sbm is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st February 2020, 18:25   #3248
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
One thought running through my mind is that the car hardly does 5000 kilometers in a year, why waste the money

Price -
2) Platinum - 14590
Quote:
Originally Posted by sbm View Post
I was in the same situation and my annual milegae is also same around 5000kms but, I have a manual petrol. I decided not to go with extended warranty because of my low running and reliability of the car ( although I had to replace the clutch at 10k kms due to manufacturing defect, I wrote it off as an isolated event not effecting other components life). As you have mentioned you are worried that yours is a CVT and that's why you are concerned, I would suggest you to consider the history of CVT transmission in Baleno. If there are cases of transmission failure, then you should definitely go for extended warranty.
While the final decision still rests on you, I'd like to draw your attention towards some common issues in Baleno. The Pre facelift models have a history of problematic steering(sticky, noisy or humming) and bouncy suspension which many owners have replaced under extended warranty.

Again this is a similar case as insurance, but if the steering develops any issue later, its an expensive proposition. Other items which are covered under warranty are fairly reliable. The CVT unit is reliable, but another aspect is that its too expensive at over 3 Lacs if anything goes wrong with it. But I'm personally yet to come across any such case.

I also know some people who take a decision of not taking any extended warranty, taking into consideration that they will also be free to get their cars serviced outside dealership(after 2 years), and thus save more.

The Petrol Marutis are no doubt absolutely reliable but the end decision rests with you. Do take an informed decision. I personally value peace of mind more than anything else.

Regards,
Shashi
Leoshashi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st February 2020, 18:38   #3249
sbm
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leoshashi View Post
The Pre facelift models have a history of problematic steering(sticky, noisy or humming) and bouncy suspension which many owners have replaced under extended warranty.
Again this is a similar case as insurance, but if the steering develops any issue later, its an expensive proposition. Other items which are covered under warranty are fairly reliable. The CVT unit is reliable, but another aspect is that its too expensive at over 3 Lacs if anything goes wrong with it. But I'm personally yet to come across any such case.
I also know some people who take a decision of not taking any extended warranty, taking into consideration that they will also be free to get their cars serviced outside dealership(after 2 years), and thus save more.
The Petrol Marutis are no doubt absolutely reliable but the end decision rests with you. Do take an informed decision. I personally value peace of mind more than anything else.
Regards,
Shashi
In the end, its all about taking a calculated risk. As you said, the petrol Maruits are quite reliable but modern day vehicle have a few very costly components. Just the thought out changing a steering assembly or an AC compressor or a CVT on own cost can give anyone a scare. Luckily I completed my 4 years in my baleno with just a door handle change on my cost but with the Dzire Vdi, we had just a few days of base warranty remaining when the brake booster failed. Right after that we purchased extended warranty for the Dzire.
sbm is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st February 2020, 18:46   #3250
BHPian

Quote:
Price -
2) Platinum - 14590
I would suggest you to take the Royal Platinum. The usual servicing is not very expensive if you go just by the recommended maintenance in user manual. There is no mention regarding CVT fluid change but considering our Indian conditions and incidents of Honda City CVTs without fluid change going bust very early - (Correct Gear Oil for CVT Transmission), I would suggest you not to risk this and take the longest warranty possible. But if I remember correctly, there are some items that are covered in normal warranty, but not in extended warranty, like the Smartplay Audio system.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Driving80kph View Post
Anybody know what the recommended tyre pressure is for the Baleno? It's not mentioned on the car (I think). I haven't felt any significant changes in ride quality but visually they do look less inflated than from the time I took delivery last Dec.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aditya View Post
The Smaller yet Significant Things:
29 PSI all around:
If I remember correctly, it was still 29 psi all around till April 2018 (mentioned on the driver's side door if I recall correctly) because that what my parents fill as per the label on the door. The above post is from the official review. Sorry I am unable to provide any pictures from my side since the car is not with me right now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dieselritzer View Post
Guys, asking again, for long term users, how has the car aged? Also for CVT users, any reliability issues ?
We have a 2018 Alpha CVT which has been used for 7000+ kilometers (6500+ in the city itself regularly by my mother who is close to 60). So far it has been smooth and effortless in the city; but needs patience on highways for picking up speed.

Last edited by Researcher : 1st February 2020 at 19:11. Reason: Added a comment
Researcher is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st February 2020, 18:56   #3251
BHPian

Yeah thats where I checked but didn't see it. I'll look for it again. Otherwise 29 it is!
Driving80kph is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2020, 14:33   #3252
BHPian

One of the major issues I'm facing from last couple of months is slotting into 1st and 2nd gear takes a lot of effort now.
However, before someone points out clutch is super smooth and I don't see clutch as a reason for that.
Any suggestions, what could be the reason for the same. Car is due for 40K service, will be sent for service in next few weeks and will ask the SA to look into it.
Old 3rd February 2020, 15:03   #3253
BHPian

Quote:

Price -
2) Platinum - 14590
It is always better to be on the safer side, I had to replace the clutch of my Baleno at just 6000 kms which was done free of cost under warranty.
Aafaq is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th February 2020, 10:34   #3254
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
My car will complete 2 years in March. I had not bought the extended warranty during purchase. Should I purchase the warranty now?Not sure what to do. Please help!

Price -
2) Platinum - 14590
Go for 5 year warranty, you are just spending 5 extra per year on warranty which is not much for the peace of mind it offers. Sit with your SA and have complete understanding of things covered in extended warranty.
silverado is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 7th February 2020, 20:30   #3255
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkaile View Post
Baleno 1st Servicing 27-02-2010 661kms

The Baleno was serviced as the one month deadline was approaching and I was pleasantly surprised by the level of service and knowledge of the the Maruti trained mechanic at the Nexa Workshop at Meerut.

Cheers for now...
Attachment 1962806
Hi, Nice to find a fellow bhp-ian from Meerut.
Pretty neat upgrades you have done in your Baleno. Do you have a Friendly Neighborhood Garage that you prefer to carry out the mods and upgrades in the car? I have tried to find one around the city but couldn't.
Have to carry out the work at home only.
Vikalp is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks